zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to Role Players Direct. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Marvel Supers
Darth Windu
Posted: Jun 11 2006, 03:28 PM

Experienced Roleplayer

Group: Members
Member No.: 17

I'm interested in playing a TSR Marvel game. Does anyone know that system? I've never played it or any other supers game.

--------------------
user posted image
jamfke
Posted: Jun 11 2006, 03:41 PM

Supreme System Overlord

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

QUOTE (Darth Windu @ Jun 11 2006, 03:28 PM)
I'm interested in playing a TSR Marvel game. Does anyone know that system? I've never played it or any other supers game.

It's been a while, but I've played it. There've been two or three iterations of it too. The one I used was the FASERIP version from TSR that used an action table for skill resolution.

There's also Mutants and Masterminds that is based around the d20 system, but tweaked a bit to make it a little easier to use. If you can find someone willing to GM either of these, I'll play!

--------------------
To contact me, the Administrator of this board, or one of my minions, the Mad Mods, send an email to staff@roleplayersdirect.com.
Orgaloth
Posted: Jun 11 2006, 08:37 PM

Brown Coat Rebel Mod

Group: Mad Mods
Member No.: 5

The only super game I have played is DC Heros.

--------------------
Uh...had a slight weapons malfunction. But, uh, everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here, now, thank you. How are you?
jamfke
Posted: Jun 11 2006, 09:48 PM

Supreme System Overlord

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

I've tried that one when it first came out years ago. We never got past character creation though.

--------------------
To contact me, the Administrator of this board, or one of my minions, the Mad Mods, send an email to staff@roleplayersdirect.com.
Jedi Skyler
Posted: Jun 27 2006, 08:57 AM

Supreme System Underlord

Member No.: 3

I actually played a bit of DC Heroes; I liked that system a lot, and that wasn't hurt by the fact that I seem to like more of their characters than Marvel's... but I do like a good number of Marvel heroes as well. So when a friend of mine cobbled together a joint system using BOTH worlds, I was all over that. I played one session as Green Lantern, Batman and Robin, and Thor.

I totally kicked butt, too! smiley_karate.gif
Darth Windu
Posted: Jun 27 2006, 04:04 PM

Experienced Roleplayer

Member No.: 17

Cool blink.gif . Other than X-Men, I don't really like Marvel. Over all, I prefer DC.

--------------------
user posted image
Orgaloth
Posted: Jun 27 2006, 06:43 PM

Brown Coat Rebel Mod

Member No.: 5

QUOTE (jamfke @ Jun 11 2006, 10:48 PM)
I've tried that one when it first came out years ago. We never got past character creation though.

Yeah the character creation can be a little painful, but teh system itself is pretty good. Not as simple as D6, but still pretty easy.

--------------------
Uh...had a slight weapons malfunction. But, uh, everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here, now, thank you. How are you?
Jedi Skyler
Posted: Jun 28 2006, 08:01 AM

Supreme System Underlord

Member No.: 3

QUOTE (Darth Windu @ Jun 27 2006, 06:04 PM)
Cool blink.gif . Other than X-Men, I don't really like Marvel. Over all, I prefer DC.

In addition to X-Men and Spider-Man, I always liked Quasar. In my opinion he was kinda like Marvel's answer to Green Lantern. Different premise, but same overall concept.
junkdrawer
Posted: Jul 17 2006, 05:45 PM

n00b

Member No.: 52

It's a good system and you can get just about all the books online at this site...

Classic Marvel.com

They've got tons of magazine articles and alternate rules as well, so check out those pages too.

If you get a game going, let me know. I'd certainly be interested in getting in on it.
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Home Page | NEWForums

Skin Detontiac designed by RyuIxion of WiredGFX
^^v Back to Top v^^

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0291 seconds · Archive