zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to Role Players Direct. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (3) 1 [2] 3  ( Go to first unread post )

General Information
jamfke
Posted: Jun 3 2006, 01:31 PM

Supreme System Overlord

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Cool, sounds good to me. Still waiting on Shaun's input on the characters myself. hammer.sml.gif

--------------------
To contact me, the Administrator of this board, or one of my minions, the Mad Mods, send an email to staff@roleplayersdirect.com.
Orgaloth
Posted: Jun 3 2006, 09:19 PM

Brown Coat Rebel Mod

Group: Mad Mods
Member No.: 5

QUOTE (jamfke @ Jun 3 2006, 02:31 PM)
Cool, sounds good to me. Still waiting on Shaun's input on the characters myself. hammer.sml.gif

I had written the character up at work, but then left it there in my rush to get out. So I'm going to write it up again and I'll post it later today or tomorrow.

--------------------
Uh...had a slight weapons malfunction. But, uh, everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here, now, thank you. How are you?
jamfke
Posted: Jun 3 2006, 10:32 PM

Supreme System Overlord

starwars.gif

smiley_abxe.gif

blbl.gif

--------------------
To contact me, the Administrator of this board, or one of my minions, the Mad Mods, send an email to staff@roleplayersdirect.com.
Darth Windu
Posted: Jun 4 2006, 12:48 PM

Experienced Roleplayer

Group: Members
Member No.: 17

Sent in my CS! smiley_karate.gif

--------------------
user posted image
Kradedis
Posted: Jun 4 2006, 08:28 PM

Advanced Roleplayer

Member No.: 45

Received character stats and concepts from Darth Windu and Myn Antilles...Looking good! We've still got some time before we start, so the rest of you, anytime before Friday would be great (June 9th) to get things in to me. smile.gif

--------------------
I thoroughly disapprove of duels. I consider them unwise and I know they are dangerous. Also, sinful. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet retired spot and kill him.
- Autobiography of Mark Twain
Myn Antilles
Posted: Jun 5 2006, 03:07 PM

Novice Roleplayer

Member No.: 47

Dangit...as luck would have it, I won't be able to get online from the 9th to the 12th...is that gonna be a problem at all?

--------------------
The trap I'd set for you
Seems to have caught my leg instead...

-mewithoutYou
Kradedis
Posted: Jun 6 2006, 05:44 AM

Advanced Roleplayer

I don't think so, I have the majority of your stuff already. wink.gif

--------------------
I thoroughly disapprove of duels. I consider them unwise and I know they are dangerous. Also, sinful. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet retired spot and kill him.
Orgaloth
Posted: Jun 6 2006, 08:07 PM

Brown Coat Rebel Mod

Sorry, haven't had time at work to work on the character. Should do today though (generally a quiet day)

--------------------
Uh...had a slight weapons malfunction. But, uh, everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here, now, thank you. How are you?
Kradedis
Posted: Jun 12 2006, 06:44 AM

Advanced Roleplayer

Update: We should be ready to kick this game off sometime next week. I've got stats from Jamfke, Darth Windu, Orgaloth, and Myn Antilles. I'm still waiting for backgrounds from a few people, but I have pretty good idea of what I have to work with. I'll be posting more starting information this week (i.e. the pilot, the ship information, and a little bit of history and procedural information for bounty hunters).

Almost done. smile.gif

--------------------
Orgaloth
Posted: Jun 13 2006, 02:58 AM

Brown Coat Rebel Mod

Jim and I have piloting skills on our characters

--------------------
Kradedis
Posted: Jun 13 2006, 10:53 AM

Advanced Roleplayer

Hmmm...I was thinking it would always be a good idea to have someone who could coordinate pick ups with you all (so you bounty hunter types could actually do bounty hunting instead of ship duty), but if you don't want someone who can watch the ship and fly it for you all that's up to you guys too. I'm guessing that Orgaloth doesn't want a pilot. Anyone else don't want one?

--------------------
Jedi Skyler
Posted: Jun 13 2006, 12:08 PM

Supreme System Underlord

Member No.: 3

Perhaps we might be able to cover that with a couple alternatives:

1. An on-board droid, most likely an Astromech. This would provide a spare pilot AND mechanic, all in one. Plus, it would possibly provide some comic relief, and some extra functionality on missions we didn't have before. Of course, if we do that, I'd personally like to fit the droid with a vocabulator and some language programs so we can understand it without translation. It'd just make our jobs a whole lot easier, ne'c'est-pas?

2. Our ship could be fitted with a beckon call, allowing us to summon the ship remotely. That way, if the astromech is groundside with the team, we can still get airlifted in emergencies.

3. We might even pull the same kind of stunt Boba Fett did with Slave I. We can program a number of flight maneuvers into the ship's autopilot, so we can even have air cover when we're dirtside. This would also make opponents think we have a larger force than we actually do, which sometimes makes all the difference. *We might not start off this way, but between my slicer and our experienced pilots, we ought to be able to program some pretty complex combat and non-combat sequences...*

What do y'all think?
jamfke
Posted: Jun 13 2006, 03:31 PM

Supreme System Overlord

Cool! I'll have my and Shaun's background to you ASAP! 04.gif

I like the astromech idea too.

--------------------
Kradedis
Posted: Jun 19 2006, 10:43 AM

Advanced Roleplayer

Update: Received backgrounds for Jamfke and Orgaloth...We'll be starting on Thursday. Expect some procedural stuff for Bounty Hunters on Wednesday. smile.gif

--------------------
Kradedis
Posted: Jun 26 2006, 11:51 AM

Advanced Roleplayer

Language Issues:

Speaking a language:

Unless a character specializes in a language or is fluent, a character's ability to speak multiple languages is reflected on how high or low a Language dice score is. Some languages are very easy to speak and understand, some are easy, and some go on up to being Heroic. Most languages fall into the range of very easy to difficult. When non-fluency issues arise, the difficulties become moderate to Heroic. Still, with more than 3D in one's Language skill, speaking a language besides one's own without being fluent can most often be achieved when speaking in simple terms.

If a player wishes to attempt a language other than their own native language, Basic, or a dialect of Basic, he or she will have to request a roll. The problem with this is that once a player has requested a roll, he or she is speaking already. If one makes it or barely makes it, he or she will sound natural, or they will sound awkward. If he or she fails, then that person will butcher the language. Please recognize outcomes before asking to roll. smile.gif

No one asked about or wished to specialize in a language during character creation, but no one need worry. Ways of becoming fluent in game is actually pretty easy. I do count the language attempts, and I may have already deemed that your character is close to if not fluent in a language already even without specializing.

Jedi Skyler, Orgaloth, and Jamfke...your characters are likely to be close in being fluent even though there were no specializations declared for Huttese simply because of your dealings with them in the past. Note: If players don't declare specializations, I don't assume or grant them specializations or fluency in a language automatically despite their backgrounds.

Understanding a language:

Wookiees can understand Basic, though they cannot speak it. If someone is speaking in a different tongue, and if one wishes to understand what they are saying, one has to roll unless one is fluent in that language.

If an NPC is speaking in another language not native to your character, I will roll for your character automatically and incorporate the meanings into the narration or give the individuals who understand direct translations by some means.

This may involve the honor system, and I think we all can handle that. smile.gif

--------------------
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (3) 1 [2] 3 

Home Page | NEWForums

Skin Detontiac designed by RyuIxion of WiredGFX
^^v Back to Top v^^

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0282 seconds · Archive