zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
zIFBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to Role Players Direct. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (4) « First ... 2 3 [4]  ( Go to first unread post )

OOC Discussion
Kradedis
Posted: Jul 12 2006, 01:01 PM

Advanced Roleplayer

Group: Members
Member No.: 45

This is just a clarification for area affect weapons, such as a the deck clearing blaster. This is just a heads up to make sure the basics are covered with this weapon because if it isn't covered, it's possible to find oneself very dead if hoping to get more than one expects from one of these things. These weapons are intended for things like shooting into a crowd of attackers who may try to rush you, or firing at enemies coming around a corner. You have to get close to the enemy or have them get close to you in order to use it effectively. They aren't very good at shooting at attackers beyond 10 meters (5 spaces on the map). I tried to make the cone area of affect for the weapon as close to 45 degrees as possible, (i.e. 90 degrees would have come out to about six squares).

user posted image

As shown above, a warrior facing characters with blaster rifles will have to use cover and concealment (preferably cover) when facing off, for as shown, he's going to have to get much closer to shoot at his attackers, or wait for them to come in after him (a group of them would be nice). He's in between two buildings, but as shown above, two of his enemies have clear shots at him, and with blaster rifles, they can shoot at him from any place on the board provided no cover.

One more thing, with the deckclearing blaster, one had better make sure they take down their attackers in one shot and or have a back up weapon...because a deck clearing blaster has a fire rate of 1/2...It can only be fired every other round.

--------------------
I thoroughly disapprove of duels. I consider them unwise and I know they are dangerous. Also, sinful. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet retired spot and kill him.
- Autobiography of Mark Twain
Orgaloth
Posted: Jul 12 2006, 07:37 PM

Brown Coat Rebel Mod

Group: Mad Mods
Member No.: 5

Well I have the other stuff that comes on the template don't I? So I have a back up Weapon smile.gif Thanks for pointing out that stuff about the Deck clearer.

--------------------
Uh...had a slight weapons malfunction. But, uh, everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here, now, thank you. How are you?
Kradedis
Posted: Jul 13 2006, 07:07 AM

Advanced Roleplayer

The stuff that you sent me was specialized (if you were expecting to have more stuff in addition to the stuff you listed before, you really went overboard), I don't have the time or the inclination to sort through that inventory and mix and match what you have from what wasn't allowed (that would involve me picking a player's inventory for them which I don't do). The deck clearer was fine, now please pick some stuff from the core book to complement it. Unless, you want to use the book inventory for the bounty hunter template?

QUOTE (Kradedis @ Jul 11 2006, 08:30 AM)
Narrator:
OOC: Most of you can take all of your equipment on you and walk around the streets of Equator City and not be bothered by anyone about weapons permits and things of that nature...simply because everyone else is carrying something. I still need revised lists of equipment from Orgaloth and Jamfke. Thanks.

If there is still any confusion, talk to your in character brother about his inventory. He just sent it to me.

--------------------
I thoroughly disapprove of duels. I consider them unwise and I know they are dangerous. Also, sinful. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet retired spot and kill him.
Orgaloth
Posted: Jul 13 2006, 08:15 AM

Brown Coat Rebel Mod

Sorry. I had misunderstood when I did that massive equipment PM, so I decided to just add the Deck Clearer to the Bounty Hunter Template Equipment, although... Jim can you send me your list? For now I'll stick with the Bounty huner equip and the Deck Clearer. smile.gif

--------------------
Uh...had a slight weapons malfunction. But, uh, everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here, now, thank you. How are you?
Kradedis
Posted: Jul 13 2006, 08:27 AM

Advanced Roleplayer

That will work nicely. Rodia is a great place to have all of your gear accounted for before you start looking for people to take down.

--------------------
Kradedis
Posted: Jul 13 2006, 12:16 PM

Advanced Roleplayer

--------------------
Kradedis
Posted: Jul 20 2006, 08:18 PM

Advanced Roleplayer

Post Count

Kradedis 17 (11 posts since last update)
Orgaloth 10 (5 posts since last update)
jamfke 9 (7 posts since last update)
Jedi Skyler 9 (4 posts since last update)
Myn Antilles 6 (5 posts since last update)
Darth Windu 1 (1 post total)

Character Points are on their way....soon.

--------------------
Kradedis
Posted: Jul 20 2006, 11:31 PM

Advanced Roleplayer

If anyone didn't receive their cp (I sent them), let me know. Cyberspace sometimes loses stuff and I don't want anyone feeling left out. smile.gif

--------------------
Kradedis
Posted: Aug 3 2006, 02:08 PM

Advanced Roleplayer

Kradedis 20 (3 posts since last time)
Orgaloth 13 (3 posts since last time)
Jedi Skyler 13 (4 posts since last time)
jamfke 12 (3 posts since last time)
Myn Antilles 8 (2 posts since last time)
Darth Windu 3 (2 posts since last time)

It was a slow period, and I'm mostly responsible for that. sad.gif Character points will be on their way shortly.

--------------------
Kradedis
Posted: Aug 3 2006, 02:25 PM

Advanced Roleplayer

CP have been sent...If someone didn't get a PM, let me know. smile.gif

--------------------
Orgaloth
Posted: Aug 23 2006, 09:30 AM

Brown Coat Rebel Mod

Umm... Skyler, how does Xavier know that things are wrapping up outside? I know he turned his commlink on, but no-one outside has theirs on.

--------------------
Jedi Skyler
Posted: Aug 23 2006, 01:03 PM

Supreme System Underlord

Member No.: 3

Duh. You're right. I keep making the mistake of reading your pheremonal communication and taking it as common. Sorry; I'll fix it...
Jedi Skyler
Posted: Sep 25 2006, 06:57 AM

Supreme System Underlord

Member No.: 3

You had that one right, Orgaloth!

I'm gonna have to install some pheremone detectors/extruders in my helmet gear so I can start talking with you on that level. Xavier wants SOOOOO bad to say something about it, but not knowing what kind of gear is in here or who's listening in on us, it wouldn't be TOO wise... angry-smiley-055.gif
Kradedis
Posted: Nov 9 2006, 05:46 PM

Advanced Roleplayer

OOC: Well now...it looks like the brothers aren't going to make this easy on me, so...let it be known, I'm not likely to be very easy on any of you with the way things are going. Keep a few things in mind...the two Weequay are the focus of this unfolding drama. That's two versus fifteen...plus any number of unseen foes that could come out of the damn floor and ceiling for all you guys know. Xavier is still in the bar, but may not choose to reveal his connection to the Weequay...If a fight occurs, I'm fairly certain that he will pitch in if things get serious (it will). If you are counting on three to one odds, consider that Myn and Seth haven't posted in a while and may not even be with us...so, it may very well be three against fifteen...because I don't play PCs or declare actions for them. In other words, if they get shot at and are hit, they're done.

There is a very great likelihood that one or all of you will die if you don't try to tone the attitude down or try to make things right. You've all been warned.

Ask yourself if pissing this guy off is really necessary...if it isn't, I suggest walking out. If it is absolutely necessary for you guys to piss this guy off at five to one odds, I'll be waiting for any other declarations and will act accordingly...Have a nice day. smile.gif

--------------------
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic OptionsPages: (4) « First ... 2 3 [4] 

Home Page | NEWForums

Skin Detontiac designed by RyuIxion of WiredGFX
^^v Back to Top v^^

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0433 seconds · Archive