zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to Role Players Direct. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pink Panther - Steve Martin: **
jamfke
Posted: Mar 24 2006, 03:36 PM

Supreme System Overlord

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Ok, I'll open up with a review of the Pink Panther with Steve Martin.

I've given the movie two asterisks, though I considered only giving it one. Steve Martin can be a funny man. Stress on Can be. The fake accents went beyond funny into the "I can't believe how fake he's actually making it" mode. It wasn't funny, just 'hmmm'.

The storyline followed the original fairly well, but the whole thing just didn't seem to capture the comic element that Peter Sellers was able to give. Steve Martin is excellent at slap-stick, and he didn't hold back in this one. But the rest of the film was to "canned", so I wasn't really that impressed.

If you're a Steve Martin fan, you might find this one a bit funnier than most. I like him well enough, and that's why I offered up the second asterisk.

--------------------
To contact me, the Administrator of this board, or one of my minions, the Mad Mods, send an email to staff@roleplayersdirect.com.
Tina_D
Posted: Apr 2 2006, 07:06 AM

Roleplayer

Group: Members
Member No.: 27

Hmmmm..... I'm already not so keen on seeing it. I LOVED Pink Panther as a kid and wasn't too keen on seeing a re-make. But as my hubby tells me, remakes create a wider audience by creating an interest for a different generation to see a story with actors/actresses they are more familiar with.

--------------------
user posted image
The Age of Ahnicus
Create it. Play it. Storytelling Role-play.
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Home Page | NEWForums

Skin Detontiac designed by RyuIxion of WiredGFX
^^v Back to Top v^^

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0270 seconds · Archive