zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to Role Players Direct. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Break Up Post Threads?

Break Up Post Threads?
Yes [ 1 ]  [25.00%]
No [ 3 ]  [75.00%]
Total Votes: 4
Guests cannot vote 
jamfke
Posted on Feb 23 2006, 06:26 PM

Supreme System Overlord

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

For the players of Star Wars Dissention.

Do you wish to see the IC thread split up into individual worlds / areas as Darth Windu proposed?

Like one for Tatooine, Bespin, and Alderaan. And maybe one for in flight discussion?

--------------------
To contact me, the Administrator of this board, or one of my minions, the Mad Mods, send an email to staff@roleplayersdirect.com.
Hellcat
Posted on Feb 23 2006, 09:48 PM

Supreme Uber Freak

Group: Members
Member No.: 9

I'm not sure exactly what you mean.
AlexGrim
Posted on Feb 23 2006, 09:49 PM

Lord of the RPGs

Member No.: 20

I can see the advantages, but I am on the fence with this, I voted no. I can be convinced if the argument is good, to change my mind.

--------------------
jamfke
Posted on Feb 23 2006, 09:56 PM

Supreme System Overlord

Darth Windu posted in the Problems thread that it's hard to find information from past posts because it is one long string of posts in a single thread. He suggested that we divide our posts into separate forum headings similar to the way I started my last game here, with threads for each planet the crew visits and any significant places that you venture into. Like Cloud City would have it's own thread. The Vagabond would also have its own thread for when you guys are traveling between systems or are in battles.

--------------------
To contact me, the Administrator of this board, or one of my minions, the Mad Mods, send an email to staff@roleplayersdirect.com.
Hellcat
Posted on Feb 23 2006, 10:04 PM

Supreme Uber Freak

Member No.: 9

I'm kinda with Alex then as far as the fence goes. I can see the advantages, but at the same time you have to hop from forum to forum or thread to thread just to get everything in order to catch up. And then there's the question, for me, of which may be the current thread/forum to go to. Having to go through hundreds of pages can be a pain in the neck, but so can not being sure which is the currently active thread. Unless you locked the inactive threads when we were on say the Vagabond or Tatooine, I'm not sure the advantages outweight the disadvantages for me. But then others may feel differently.
jamfke
Posted on Feb 23 2006, 10:11 PM

Supreme System Overlord

Well, if you're currently caught up, it wouldn't be too hard to know where everyone is posting, just look for the fireballs! Orange means new posts, purple no new posts. Either way, I'm fine with whatever.

I can see where it would help to keep up with what's happening where too. And if you wanted to see what was said on Alderaan, all you'd have to do is go to the Alderaan thread and look through maybe a hundred and fifty posts instead of thirteen hundred posts! But, it could get confusing too, like I said I'm fine with whatever the concensus decides!

--------------------
netjedi
Posted on Feb 23 2006, 10:38 PM

The Supreme Overlord of Nothing!!

Group: Mad Mods
Member No.: 7

I will go with the groups decision. I both like the idea because of it's advantages and dislike it for the same reason HC pointed out. besides the whoel story makesa much better read when it is together.

--------------------
"Dig it. Who's the man? I'm the man. I'm a bad man. How bad? Real bad. I'm a 12.0 on the 10.0 scale of badness." The Evil Midnight Bomber
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Home Page | NEWForums

Skin Detontiac designed by RyuIxion of WiredGFX
^^v Back to Top v^^

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0455 seconds · Archive