zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to Role Players Direct. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) 1 [2]  ( Go to first unread post )

Introducing Scott Free Press!
Kevin B. Madison
Posted: Apr 4 2006, 05:53 AM

Novice Roleplayer

Group: Members
Member No.: 31

Ha ha, thanks folks. 04.gif

I'm gonna have to start planning now to outdo myself next year. dry.gif

In further acts of penance for my transgressions I offer the following:

1) Stats for two summonable creatures for use with Totem (Grandfather and Thunderbird).

2) A lengthy article that examines several approaches to superhuman law enforcement campaigns (and the issues related to them).

Both available now at the Scott Free Press site.

Until next time I remain (apologetically),

--------------------
Kevin B. Madison
Kevin B. Madison
Posted: Apr 6 2006, 11:26 PM

Novice Roleplayer

Howdy Folks,

For those who are interested, I've just sent out a preview of the cover to the Country Brief: Indonesia to registered Muckrakers.

If you're not a Muckraker, but would like to take a peek at the cover, check it out here:

user posted image

--------------------
Kevin B. Madison
Chabit Rane
Posted: Apr 7 2006, 12:07 AM

Advanced Roleplayer

Member No.: 15

Hi, mr Madison. I have a question for you. Were your ever a tabliod reporter in a previous life? Your site makes me thing that you was or currently are a tabloid reporter.

--------------------
I'm the Lord of the Ninth Pit of Baator
Kevin B. Madison
Posted: Apr 7 2006, 01:04 AM

Novice Roleplayer

Howdy Chabit,

I've never worked for a newspaper (except for doing some editorial cartoons for a student paper).

Out of curiosity, what about the site makes you think tabloid?

Cheers,

--------------------
Kevin B. Madison
jamfke
Posted: Apr 8 2006, 03:11 PM

Supreme System Overlord

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

I can't speak for Chabit, but maybe it's the whole Muckraker thing! I like it, sounds cool. Wish I could get some folks playing a Supers campaign here!

--------------------
To contact me, the Administrator of this board, or one of my minions, the Mad Mods, send an email to staff@roleplayersdirect.com.
Kevin B. Madison
Posted: Apr 10 2006, 01:55 PM

Novice Roleplayer

Howdy folks!

I can't speak for Chabit, but maybe it's the whole Muckraker thing!

Yeah, I can see that having a tabloid association.

Wish I could get some folks playing a Supers campaign here!

Jamfke, I've changed the text in the Roleplayers Direct link from the Scott Free Press site to include that these forums are home to several other forum-based games, so hopefully that'll spark some interest from the Scott Free Press fan-base (modest as that may be at the present). smile.gif

In other news, I've sent out an 11-page preview of the Country Brief: Indonesia to registered Muckrakers and I've posted a preview of the cover here.

In addition, I've posted a new State of the World that looks at thief-centred Caper Campaigns inspired by films such as Snatch, Reservoir Dogs, The Italian Job and Heat.

Until next time I remain,

--------------------
Kevin B. Madison
jamfke
Posted: Apr 10 2006, 07:21 PM

Supreme System Overlord

Thanks! I appreciate the plug!!

--------------------
To contact me, the Administrator of this board, or one of my minions, the Mad Mods, send an email to staff@roleplayersdirect.com.
Kevin B. Madison
Posted: Apr 17 2006, 05:31 PM

Novice Roleplayer

Howdy Folks!

Ok, they're a day late, but the latest Change the World character and State of the World are up at the Scott Free Press site!

This week's State of the World looks at Mob Campaigns in M&M Superlink and HERO System campaigns.

The latest Change the World character is named Nachtjäger and he's an ex-East German assassin who has come to Toronto, Canada to... well, I guess to say more would be to spoil his story. 04.gif

Here's a peek at his portrait:

user posted image

Enjoy!

Until next time I remain,

--------------------
Kevin B. Madison
Kevin B. Madison
Posted: May 2 2006, 02:15 PM

Novice Roleplayer

Howdy Folks,

Just to let you know, the latest Change the World character for the Country Brief: Canada is now up.

Here's a preview pic:

user posted image

Enjoy!

--------------------
Kevin B. Madison
netjedi
Posted: Jul 2 2006, 02:21 PM

The Supreme Overlord of Nothing!!

Group: Mad Mods
Member No.: 7

Hey Kevin. How are things? I have gone to your site a few times and things seem to have slowed down. I hope everything is ok.

--------------------
"Dig it. Who's the man? I'm the man. I'm a bad man. How bad? Real bad. I'm a 12.0 on the 10.0 scale of badness." The Evil Midnight Bomber
Kevin B. Madison
Posted: Aug 24 2006, 10:17 AM

Novice Roleplayer

Howdy all,

Sorry that it's been so long since I've posted, but real life's been pretty hectic.

As you've no doubt surmised Scott Free Press is no more.

In the past few months, there have been a number of significant changes in my personal life, the most important of which is that in September I'm starting Law School, which is going to require an enormous amount of time, leaving me very little free time.

I had initially intended to keep the Scott Free Press site up and running while in school, and continue with my updates and characters, but it began to monopolize more and more of my time. Once it came time to write the LSAT (law school entrance test) and get applications ready for law schools, it quickly became apparent that if I split my attention between the two, both the site and school would suffer. Something had to go.

I apologize to everyone, the Scott Free Press Muckrakers in particular, for not making an official announcement on the site and instead letting it ride off into the sunset without a word. While Scott Free Press could never claim to have had a huge following, the e-mails I received and thread posts on this and other sites were extremely encouraging and made those late nights very worthwhile.

However, the reason I'm posting this isn't to ply you with what is, no doubt, a very boring personal story. Before folding up work at Scott Free Press, I did manage to get the PDF version of the Indonesian Country Brief to a final draft stage. Furthermore, the template for the Country Briefs is also assembled, which makes it just a matter of putting all the Canadian information into the template for the Canada Country Brief to be together as well.

If anyone is interested in having a free copy of either of these Country Briefs sent to him or her, please shoot me an e-mail at kevinmadison@telus.net and I'll be happy to fire one off to you. The Indonesian CB is 14.2 Megs, so if you would like one sent by e-mail, please be sure your e-mail server can handle attachments bigger than 10 Megs. Once I have the Canadian CB assembled I'll post here again with the file size.

I'm not interested in receiving any payment for these e-books, it'll be more gratifying to see folks making use of them, but if you were inclined to throw some money around, I ask that you make a donation to SOS Children's Village's Canada, the charity I had intended to donate the Scott Free Press proceeds to. I'm still a firm believer in what they do, and if you were to put in your donation that you'd like it to benefit the Nigerian village, I think it'd be doing a lot to help change the world for some kids who very badly need it.

Thanks again to everyone who has demonstrated support for my Scott Free Press efforts in the past year. It sure helped me understand the meaning of the phrase 'labour of love'.

Best wishes to everyone and I hope to hear from you all soon.

Sincerely,

Kevin B. Madison

--------------------
Kevin B. Madison
jamfke
Posted: Aug 24 2006, 06:24 PM

Supreme System Overlord

Sorry to see you go from the hobby Kev, but I fully understand real life getting center stage. Good luck in law school. If you ever get the urge to chat with us or get in a little gaming, just give us a hollar!

--------------------
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 [2] 

Home Page | NEWForums

» Skin Detontiac designed by RyuIxion of WiredGFX «
^^v Back to Top v^^

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0316 seconds · Archive