zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
zIFBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to Role Players Direct. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Syriana, at the flicks
Tina_D
Posted: Feb 19 2006, 07:19 AM

Roleplayer

Group: Members
Member No.: 27

Yup... during the domestic chore of shopping today, we went to the movies and saw Syrianna.

Its not that long a movie - just over two hours, but because its fragmented into scenes with various characters and follows their stories until they all culminate at the end - it can seem that its a long movie.

Definately a thinking movie too... not something that you can just sit back and relax and just let it wack you around a for a few hours.

There is a very good cast, not to mention, George Clooney, William Hurt, Matt Damon and alot of other people (my husband just piped in "that really bad guy that threatened George Clooney".... thanks for the help their hubby!)

The story was also moving... I mumbled beneath my breath (those b'stards) when one of my favourite character's life was ended.... well a couple ended about the same time... and its a rather poignant theme to today's policatal and religious problems.

But what it all came down to... was greed. It also made you think that the world's worst terrorists are politicians and wealthy businesmen.

If you like movies that make you think - go see it.

--------------------
user posted image
The Age of Ahnicus
Create it. Play it. Storytelling Role-play.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic Options

Home Page | NEWForums

Skin Detontiac designed by RyuIxion of WiredGFX
^^v Back to Top v^^

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0309 seconds · Archive