Create your own social network with a free forum.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Role Players Direct. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Feedback for Storytelling Role-play game
Tina_D
Posted: Feb 13 2006, 07:10 AM

Roleplayer

Group: Members
Member No.: 27

Well I have a storytelling (chat and forum) roleplay community that my hubby and I are trying to get more interested and regular players in - The Age of Ahnicus. We've actually played in this fictional world setting for over a year on and off and have had quite a few hours of enjoyment from it, that we decided to invite a few friends to join us and open it up for other interested players.

I wouldn't mind getting some constructive feedback on the fictional setting or on our (very) loose game mechanics. I would like to make the game mechanics a little more structured but at this stage I'm not sure which way to go and would rather steer away from using dice or anything like that which could possibley detract from the emphasis on the community collaborative storytelling.

As a visitor you should be able to view most of the site and even read the transcripts etc... just to post you'd need to join and that's only neccessary if you want to be a player.

Here's the link: The Age of Ahnicus

Just as a side note - the most difficult thing we are finding at the moment is getting members who actually understand the style of role-play that we are fostering and finding members who are self motivated to play (even we have problems juggling personal lives etc ). We have a strict registration system and do get a few applications a week, but many of these aren't completing the registration as required - any thoughts on this would also be appreciated.

--------------------
user posted image
The Age of Ahnicus
Create it. Play it. Storytelling Role-play.
jamfke
Posted: Feb 13 2006, 07:16 AM

Supreme System Overlord

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Well, I visited the site just yesterday through the link in your sig. I found it to be a very nice set up and have already applied for membership.

The layout is fantastic, and what I've already read about your world sounds like something I would dream up myself. I think you might find several interested folks here that would slip very nicely into your style of gaming. You could probably tell that if you've read through any of our posts already.

I'm looking forward to actually getting into your game and exploring your world!

--------------------
To contact me, the Administrator of this board, or one of my minions, the Mad Mods, send an email to staff@roleplayersdirect.com.
Tina_D
Posted: Feb 16 2006, 05:59 AM

Roleplayer

Member No.: 27

-Thanks.

Actually this week we seem to have had some really good applications even from people who don't have alot of experience. Honesly, experience isn't a concern its whether players are willing to try and that's why we ask for a role-play sample during registration.

The Layout is based on a php-nuke community site so I can't take much credit for it although I have done a wee bit of edting on the coding and language files in some cases. I also created the character module (hacked another module to create it) for the site which is available for download at my other site jacmus-prime.com.

I think the next stage will be to develop the races abit more.. and perhaps add some clans and political factions as well get the RP going. Unfortunately from my past experience unless I'm there to RP not alot of other players do and I want to encourage people to connect and RP together without myself or Alex being around.

I'm also wondering if we can create some player incentive programmes... any ideas on this would be apprectiated... keeping in mind that I pay for the site and the chat room etc out of my wages so I don't want to be giving away anything that's going to cost alot. Maybe something like earning expericence points for posts and for rping in chat so that characters can grow quicker or earn assets / weapons etc (without detracting from the story element).

--------------------
user posted image
The Age of Ahnicus
Create it. Play it. Storytelling Role-play.
jamfke
Posted: Feb 16 2006, 05:21 PM

Supreme System Overlord

I've been thinking of trying this out myself, incentives that is! I too am paying fo some of the options we have here and don't want to go to any great expense. Maybe something along the lines of what you suggested would be a good starting point.

I'm also tossing around the idea of making my site more interactive for the members as to what sort of things they'd like to see happen here via polls. If someone makes a suggestion, I'll put up a poll for everyone to vote for it. This way it allows everyone to have a say in what is or isn't found on the site.

I hope some of the other folks will read this and give their opinions on it.

--------------------
To contact me, the Administrator of this board, or one of my minions, the Mad Mods, send an email to staff@roleplayersdirect.com.
Chabit Rane
Posted: Feb 16 2006, 08:31 PM

Advanced Roleplayer

Member No.: 15

Sounds good to me, but i'm a simple person.

--------------------
I'm the Lord of the Ninth Pit of Baator
jamfke
Posted: Feb 25 2006, 12:24 AM

Supreme System Overlord

I have to say that I have thoroughly enjoyed my experiences so far over at Tina's site. If anyone likes to roleplay and tell a good story about your character and their interactions with others, you need to join Ahnicus! It's fun, and you really get to explore your creative side.

--------------------
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
zIFBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic Options

Home Page | NEWForums

Skin Detontiac designed by RyuIxion of WiredGFX
^^v Back to Top v^^

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0314 seconds · Archive