Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Role Players Direct. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (34) « First ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

AD&D: The Dark Chalice, IC Thread
jamfke
Posted: Feb 6 2006, 08:04 PM

Supreme System Overlord

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

The man's wife steps out cradling the young girl in her arms, "Barn? Heavens no, NO! You'll be stayin' wit us!"

Her husband nods and smiles, "That's fer sure! You three step inside, and I'll go and get some dinner! You'll stay the night wit us and in the morn, I'll take yas to the elders."

--------------------
To contact me, the Administrator of this board, or one of my minions, the Mad Mods, send an email to staff@roleplayersdirect.com.
netjedi
Posted: Feb 6 2006, 08:58 PM

The Supreme Overlord of Nothing!!

Group: Mad Mods
Member No.: 7

"your generosity is most welcome sir. Do not go through any trouble for food though, My short friend here is right, your food is your own. Water to drink and fill my skins will suffice for me, since you will beproviding a place for us to dwell for the evening."

--------------------
"Dig it. Who's the man? I'm the man. I'm a bad man. How bad? Real bad. I'm a 12.0 on the 10.0 scale of badness." The Evil Midnight Bomber
jamfke
Posted: Feb 6 2006, 09:06 PM

Supreme System Overlord

The fellow nods, "Aright, aright, then inside with the lot o ye! Come on!"

Inside, the house is warm and rather cozy. The light from the fire and candle heighten the hominess of the place. The furnishings and appointments are modest, but sturdy nonetheless.

Drago finds a nice comfy chair next to the hearth, and the woman of the house pull chairs out for Shaniqua and Rarek at a small table.

--------------------
To contact me, the Administrator of this board, or one of my minions, the Mad Mods, send an email to staff@roleplayersdirect.com.
netjedi
Posted: Feb 6 2006, 09:14 PM

"So what kinds of crops do you grow around here?"

Shaniqua starts to take an inventory of how many arrows she has left

"Are there any other creatures we should be aware of that call these lands home?"

--------------------
"Dig it. Who's the man? I'm the man. I'm a bad man. How bad? Real bad. I'm a 12.0 on the 10.0 scale of badness." The Evil Midnight Bomber
Orgaloth
Posted: Feb 6 2006, 09:20 PM

Brown Coat Rebel Mod

Member No.: 5

Drago kicks his boots off, hangs his shield on the chair, and removes his chainmail shirt. He then sits with his feet toward the fire,

"Ahh. Would it be askin' too much fer a mug? I 'ave some fine dwarven ale, if ye wanna bit."

--------------------
Uh...had a slight weapons malfunction. But, uh, everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here, now, thank you. How are you?
jamfke
Posted: Feb 6 2006, 09:33 PM

Supreme System Overlord

The farmer's wife puts her daughter in a small bed near the hearth then quickly shuffles to the cupboards to find Drago a mug. She returns just as quickly and smiles as she proffers it to him.

The farmer smiles at Shaniqua, "Well, we grows mostly potatoes, as that's all the rocky soil around these parts will allow. There be a few other crops we could grow here, but the market wouldna sustain us fer tryin'."

He steps over to the mantle and picks up a stained leather pouch and unrolls it, producing a briar pipe which he smoothly packs with the rich looking tobaco held within the pouch.

While packing it with one finger, he offers the pouch to Drago and continues, "As fer what else lurks in these woods, the greatest threat we be facin' is the goblins of Thorn Bottom."

--------------------
netjedi
Posted: Feb 6 2006, 09:35 PM

"Goblins, well. If it is alright form me to ask. how often do the goblins and kobolds interfere with the ability of your village to raise their crops and take them to market?"

--------------------
jamfke
Posted: Feb 6 2006, 09:45 PM

Supreme System Overlord

The farmer reaches into the fire and grabs a smoldering twig to light his pipe.

"Well," puff, puff, "the ting is," puff, puff, "the kobolds only come around ever so often," puff, "but the goblins, well, they're more likely to simply come right in and steal me pipe right from me teeth!"

--------------------
Orgaloth
Posted: Feb 6 2006, 09:48 PM

Brown Coat Rebel Mod

Drago takes the pouch, and pulls out his own pipe. He too proceeds to pack it,

"Ahh thank ye. Now Goblins. Dem is fun in a fight. Better sport den Kobolds. Where be dis Thorn Bottom? I'mma thinkin' dat de Goblins could do with a good preistly visit."

Drago pats his axe as he says this. He then leans forward and takes a burning twig from the fire and lites his pipe.

--------------------
Uh...had a slight weapons malfunction. But, uh, everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here, now, thank you. How are you?
netjedi
Posted: Feb 6 2006, 09:53 PM

"Seems you and I are thinking along the same thoughts. I along with my new friends here might be able to assist inthe goblin problem for a fee."

--------------------
jamfke
Posted: Feb 6 2006, 09:58 PM

Supreme System Overlord

Puff, puff, "Well, you'll be havin' to talk to the elder about a fee. As for the whereabouts of Thorn Bottom, it's a gulch about a half a days jaunt East of here. They inhabit the ruins of Melkendor, what used to be a Barony I've been told." Puff.

--------------------
Orgaloth
Posted: Feb 6 2006, 09:59 PM

Brown Coat Rebel Mod

"I'd be 'appy ta do it fer some food and whatever loot we find in dere den. Maybe a couple o' nights rest in a bed too."

--------------------
netjedi
Posted: Feb 6 2006, 10:00 PM

"Well would it be possible to meet with the elder after sun up? Obviously I would not want to take all the coin your village has, I am sure we can reach a mutually beneficial number."

--------------------
jamfke
Posted: Feb 6 2006, 10:14 PM

Supreme System Overlord

The farmer smiles, Puff, puff, "Certainly! After sun up it is! I'll be sure ta have your breakfast ready and waitin', puff, puff."

--------------------
Orgaloth
Posted: Feb 6 2006, 10:23 PM

Brown Coat Rebel Mod

"Why don't ye git some rest? I'll make sure nay goblins steal ye pipe. Ye should git some rest to Elf. Dat were a nasty scratch ye took earlier."

Drago pours out some ale, and sits there watching the fire, puffing away on his pipe.

--------------------
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.

Topic OptionsPages: (34) « First ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... Last »

Home Page | NEWForums

Skin Detontiac designed by RyuIxion of WiredGFX
^^v Back to Top v^^

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0532 seconds · Archive