Create a free forum in seconds.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Role Players Direct. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (10) [1] 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

Chapter One, Club Murder
Kradedis
Posted: Jun 22 2006, 12:22 PM

Advanced Roleplayer

Group: Members
Member No.: 45

Year: NOY 19 (3 months BBY)
GST: 1300
Destination: Nar Shadda (for the moment)

Narrator: White lines of stars flashed around the Law’s Longarm II as BHG Team 0368 zipped through hyperspace back towards Nar Shadda after a disappointing mission cut short by target suicide. Seth Kora and Xavier Tyredarelon sat in the cockpit of the ship watching the stars go by as Myn Antilles sat not far away at the engineering station. The three humans were up for the day, while the two Weequay hunter twins had quiet time off in their cabins. Quiet time…the whole ship was engaged in quiet time. Bounty Hunters would win some, and lose some. While they didn’t waste any supplies, or get hurt on the last assignment, they wasted time…and time was money to all five of them. The only thing that roused them from their meditation, sleep, and daydreaming was the sudden excited beeping of R3-D6. The astro droid’s message was relayed six times before the crew all made it into the lounge area where the holo-viewer was located. It was either a nastygram from Boggo the Hutt, their Guild sponsor, or their next assignment…but then again, it could have been both. As soon as all were present, R3 switched on the viewer…soon, it would no longer be a mystery what the call was about…

A wise man had once said, “One should eat to live, not live to eat,” but Boggo the Hutt either wasn’t aware of that wise teaching, or simply didn’t care. As his large bulky image appeared across the view screen before the crew of the Law’s Longarm II, he grabbed a frog-like creature from a watery holding tank and tossed it into his mouth…and began to speak with the creature still trying to escape his mouth. His grumbly voice sounded like a small earthquake.

Boggo: Noska-chuuda…Maygah-wonka-gayvohdo.

A shiny translator droid, appeared behind Boggo.

Droid: His excellency Boggo the Hutt is disappointed that none of you were able to collect on the Vyax mission, but he understands that sometimes the beings you track are cowards who would rather take their own lives than face justice. The Verpine shouldn’t have stolen those converter plans.

Boggo: Ho-ho-ho…hah…hah…hah. Choggah hah may-bookie. Obska-shoda, nook-kay-vah. Nooska-bena, kay-wanka-shida.

Droid: Yes, the moment he stole the plans, he sealed his fate. One of our teams managed to get the plans back, so the case is closed. Imbursements for ship goods are being transmitted with your next assignment. It is being transmitted to you now. Your financer, his excellency Boggo the Hutt wishes you much luck in this new assignment, the recovery of Retaygo Binool, a Rodian night club owner that thought it was…funny…to double cross our client.

Narrator: The five hunters watched as the load indicator bar began to process…files flashed before their eyes…contact information, target information, and the best part, reward information.

Boggo: Tay-choogah, Boskahn-davoh-day-wannah-tahgo….

Droid: It will require breaking and entering, slicing, possibly even file collection, and having to fend off staff guards, mercenaries…and quite possibly other parties not excluding spice dealer friends of Binool. The file information only contains personal data on the target, target location, and your contact Genta Doshka. She is waiting for you on Rodia…Binool’s homeworld. She lives in a small condo with her mother less than a mile and half from the target’s home. Equator city is a big place, so the location of the condo is marked clearly for you all and any speeder cabby should be able to read it and get you there minutes after you all set down. Her story is quite disturbing, and Boggo the Hutt doesn’t expect this to be a live collection. 15,000 credits for Binool standing before Boggo if you can and…10,000 credits for Binool’s head. This is a standard five-way split…3,000 a piece for him alive, 2,000 for his head. Read the contract and notice that there other bonus reward options available as well.

Boggo: Nay-chudo…May bookai qwon-kuuda?

Droid: His excellency Boggo the Hutt says he isn’t busy at the moment. He is asking whether you have any questions.

File Update on Contact, Target and Employer Info
Bounty Hunter Procedural Information

--------------------
I thoroughly disapprove of duels. I consider them unwise and I know they are dangerous. Also, sinful. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet retired spot and kill him.
- Autobiography of Mark Twain
jamfke
Posted: Jun 22 2006, 03:32 PM

Supreme System Overlord

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Dughom-Cin's pheremones tell his brother that he is hoping that this mission goes better than the last, they could use 6,000 credits. Of course, 4,000 credits was nothing to sneeze at either.

Glancing around at his team, he tries to evaluate each member's usefulness for the upcoming mission.

--------------------
To contact me, the Administrator of this board, or one of my minions, the Mad Mods, send an email to staff@roleplayersdirect.com.
Orgaloth
Posted: Jun 23 2006, 05:06 AM

Brown Coat Rebel Mod

Group: Mad Mods
Member No.: 5

QUOTE (jamfke @ Jun 22 2006, 04:32 PM)
Dughom-Cin's pheremones tell his brother that he is hoping that this mission goes better than the last, they could use 6,000 credits. Of course, 4,000 credits was nothing to sneeze at either.

Glancing around at his team, he tries to evaluate each member's usefulness for the upcoming mission.

Dughom-Ber doesn't look to his brother, so as not to give away their communication method,

I agree, brother. With the bust on the last mission our funds are running low, plus there was no fun in that chase. I also don't see how such a fat loathsome creature could be seen as such a danger.

Ber looks around the group before speaking,

"Mighty Boggo, We thank you for the oppurtunity to redeem ourselves. We are now aware of the cowardice of the Verpines, and thus will not allow another mark kill itself so close to capture. It may be my Weequay intellect, but glancing over the contract I see nothing mentioning bonus payments."

--------------------
Uh...had a slight weapons malfunction. But, uh, everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here, now, thank you. How are you?
Kradedis
Posted: Jun 23 2006, 05:43 AM

Advanced Roleplayer

Narrator: Boggo's frown is discernable...even though...he always appears to be frowning.

Boggo: Cheboolbah nokarash...Tay wahnka konavahk may bahko....

Droid: His excellency agrees that it is your Weequay intellect...He suggests you review the contract more closely...

Boggo: Ho...Ho...Ho...Bah..hahk hah...Chahk-ay-bohn-kay-woh-narsoocha...

Droid: Specifically, the part that says "If proof of target’s involvement or orchestration of rape, murder, and unlicensed surgery, additional reward payment may be negotiated."

Boggo: Moskay-chupah!...ho...ho...ho...Garchoo tay-gohnka-chodoop.

Droid: You may be able to gain 1.5 to double the rewards!...The best part is that this reward would be straight from the client's pocket...no guild percentages.

--------------------
I thoroughly disapprove of duels. I consider them unwise and I know they are dangerous. Also, sinful. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet retired spot and kill him.
Myn Antilles
Posted: Jun 23 2006, 10:35 AM

Novice Roleplayer

Member No.: 47

Myn didn't bother turning to watch the holo-viewer; he didn't want to deal with the Hutt if he could help it, and besides, he could hear the assignment well enough from hear.

Slicing, breaking and entering...routine.

He leaned back in his swivel-chair, running his fingers through his recently-cut hair and pretending to be absorbed in the engine diagnostics now flickering across the computer screen. In truth, his mind was light-years away, on Corellia...

I wonder how she's doing...3,000 alive?!

Myn sat bolt-upright, taking sudden interest in their mission. Three thousand credits would be a tremendous addition to his bank account, and from what he'd heard (which was, admittedly, little), this assignment didn't sound too bad.

He only hoped he'd heard right.

--------------------
The trap I'd set for you
Seems to have caught my leg instead...

-mewithoutYou
Jedi Skyler
Posted: Jun 23 2006, 01:50 PM

Supreme System Underlord

Member No.: 3

Xavier's mind works over the new job. "Hmmm." he thinks to himself. "Slicing work. Gotta like that..."

He looks at the holo, inclining his head as he speaks. "Thank you, Mighty Boggo, for your patience and understanding. You show great wisdom through your grasp of the overall situation. Hopefully our new merchandise will prove less... cowardly. Is there anything specific you can tell me about our target's computer systems, security measures, and the like? Or shall I direct these to our contact?"
Kradedis
Posted: Jun 24 2006, 06:41 AM

Advanced Roleplayer

Boggo: Chuuupah! Mohgah bonkee chohka...Mohkay cheesah...Gohbahn kaharuum darookah....Konduun tay gookae.

Droid: His excellency admits he knows little of the security system in Binool's club and underlair...His greatness suggests The Twi'lek girl contact may know more, as she was a former employee.

Boggo: Dahkwaroonkah...Tahkeeway nowaroo...bohka chiisah. Toookae javarwaroomp dayvokah....

Droid: His excellency adds that the walls and passages leading to the rooms beyond and below the the club are soundproofed. That is one security measure aside from the goons. Whether the walls are soundproofed through dense fibers or some type of electronic means, it may hamper your communications efforts if you all split up once inside.

Boggo: (face shows a slight grimace) Bahkae moookae chobankah...Chubulba nahkabah....nahkchopah dahmwaruhk.

Droid: (turns uneasily to Boggo, and then back to the viewer) His excellency wants to make it clear that the walls are soundproofed not to keep the club music from coming in, but the sounds of screams, blaster fire, and....power tools from exiting into the club...The girl will be able to provide...more information.

Boggo: Chahko...

Droid: His excellency wishes for you to ask if you wish to know anything further.

--------------------
Orgaloth
Posted: Jun 24 2006, 07:14 AM

Brown Coat Rebel Mod

"To claim the alive bounty, how much of this scum has to be alive? Are we allowed to ... how do you say it? Damage the package?"

--------------------
Uh...had a slight weapons malfunction. But, uh, everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here, now, thank you. How are you?
Jedi Skyler
Posted: Jun 24 2006, 08:10 AM

Supreme System Underlord

Xavier nods thoughtfully. "That means we won't necessarily have to worry about people out in the club hearing if we have to resort to more...explosive means to accomplish our objective. Thank you, mighty one." He looks to his teammates. "Once we have more intel from our Twi'lek, I might be able to get schematics and security details from their systems once we're on-site."
Kradedis
Posted: Jun 26 2006, 12:03 PM

Advanced Roleplayer

QUOTE (Orgaloth @ Jun 24 2006, 07:14 AM)
"To claim the alive bounty, how much of this scum has to be alive? Are we allowed to ... how do you say it? Damage the package?"

Boggo: Ho...Ho...Ho...Mahk hah hah...Nohkchahka...mahkaywohnkay tohkcha.

Narrator: The droid turns nervously around at his master, then replies...

Droid: His excellency says that brain damage or rendering the target into a coma will result in a reward as dead. Bring him back alive enough to face justice...not in a vegetative state.

QUOTE (Jedi Skyler @ Jun 24 2006, 08:10 AM)
"That means we won't necessarily have to worry about people out in the club hearing if we have to resort to more...explosive means to accomplish our objective. Thank you, mighty one."

Boggo: Tachoodah...Monkaychohka! Ho...Ho...Ho

Droid: His excellency believes you to be correct...Explosives though tend to decrease the capture rewards.

--------------------
Jedi Skyler
Posted: Jun 27 2006, 07:54 AM

Supreme System Underlord

Xavier chuckles audibly. "Have no fear, Mighty One," he replies in Huttese. "I'm thinking more of shaped charges, designed for impact in a small, contained area." He looked around at his comrades. "We will take every precaution to bring the merchandise back with his appreciative faculties in full working order. He might not be in any position to move on his own, but his brain will be unharmed..."
Kradedis
Posted: Jun 28 2006, 01:26 PM

Advanced Roleplayer

Boggo: Kayqueeskah?...Ho...Ho...Ho...Youu doo waht youu haav too doo.

Narrator: The Weequay and Xavier noticed the Hutt liked Xavier's choice of words in reference to the target...merchandise. He wanted his message to be clear to everyone in the room...He didn't particularly like having to speak through droids...but then again, he needed ADM-9 for translation when someone was brought in who spoke in a rare dialect...and was missing their teeth or part of their tongue.

Droid (ADM-9): You're in the same quadrant, so it shouldn't take you long to touch down on Rodia...Your droid should have the nav computer coordinates in its CPU already as Rodia seems to keep us stocked with employees and targets...Good luck.

--------------------
Orgaloth
Posted: Jun 28 2006, 07:33 PM

Brown Coat Rebel Mod

"Thank you mighty Boggo. We shall obtain the merchandise, and we thank you for this honour of proving ourselves to you."

Stupid fat creature. Why do we have to inflate it's ego? Brother, I think we should look to see if there is a bounty on Boggo, and maybe take it.

Dughom-Ber bows to the image of Boggo, as he talks to his brother.

--------------------
Jedi Skyler
Posted: Jun 29 2006, 08:15 AM

Supreme System Underlord

Xavier nods in respect. "Thank you, mighty one," he says. "We will do exactly that." His helmeted gaze shifts to the droid. "Thank you as well, 80. We do indeed have Rodia's details in our system, and should make planetfall soon." He returns his focus to Boggo. "If there isn't anything else you believe we should know, then we'll be off."
jamfke
Posted: Jul 1 2006, 08:35 PM

Supreme System Overlord

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Dughom-Cin bows to the Hutt's image in time with his brother.

Indeed brother, perhaps his exploits have angered other Hutts, or the Empire.

Dughom-Cin waits for the transmition to end then turns toward the cockpit, taking his place at sensors.

--------------------
To contact me, the Administrator of this board, or one of my minions, the Mad Mods, send an email to staff@roleplayersdirect.com.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.

Topic OptionsPages: (10) [1] 2 3 ... Last »

Home Page | NEWForums

» Skin Detontiac designed by RyuIxion of WiredGFX «
^^v Back to Top v^^

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0377 seconds · Archive