zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to Role Players Direct. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Tunnels and Trolls
SBRPG_HakDragon
Posted: Sep 20 2005, 12:56 AM

Roleplayer

Group: Members
Member No.: 4

Can you believe they still make this game? They are even coming out with a new edition over at Flying Buffalo. Nice guys too, they always responded to my letters. This is probably one of the last old-school RPG companies from the 70's still putting out stuff.

Good stuff too. I picked up T&T to play the solo modules, and it's always been one of my favorite dirt-simple systems. Our group used some house rules (like using LK instead of ST for spell power). If you think the only hack-and-slash game is d20, you need to pick up a copy of T&T.

--------------------
Author, Editor, Artist of
SBRPG: The Situation Based Roleplaying Game
Fear the Dragon!
jamfke
Posted: Sep 20 2005, 12:59 AM

Supreme System Overlord

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

I never got a hold on T&T, it just wasn't around where I live. As a matter of fact, I don't think I've seen it around any of the current shops we have now. I've seen a link or two on the internet. Maybe I'll get a copy online and check it out.

--------------------
To contact me, the Administrator of this board, or one of my minions, the Mad Mods, send an email to staff@roleplayersdirect.com.
Jedi Skyler
Posted: Sep 20 2005, 02:21 PM

Supreme System Underlord

Group: Mad Mods
Member No.: 3

I actually don't think I ever heard of that one... Ya learn something new every day, huh?
SBRPG_HakDragon
Posted: Sep 20 2005, 11:07 PM

Roleplayer

Flying Buffalo also put out their own spy game: Mercenaries, Spies & Private Eyes. If you're into the spy game genre, it's a fun one to check out. It uses the T&T rules, and the art in the book is very well done. They don't print the box set anymore, but they do have the rulebook still available on the site (it's all you need to play).

--------------------
Fear the Dragon!
Jedi Skyler
Posted: Sep 23 2005, 10:07 AM

Supreme System Underlord

QUOTE (SBRPG_HakDragon @ Sep 21 2005, 05:07 AM)
Flying Buffalo also put out their own spy game: Mercenaries, Spies & Private Eyes. If you're into the spy game genre, it's a fun one to check out. It uses the T&T rules, and the art in the book is very well done. They don't print the box set anymore, but they do have the rulebook still available on the site (it's all you need to play).

Does their logo look anything like that green moose character you were talking about? laugh.gif
SBRPG_HakDragon
Posted: Sep 23 2005, 11:20 AM

Roleplayer

laugh.gif Nah, it's a buffalo in a biplane. I'll save the flying moose for my own company. laugh.gif

--------------------
Fear the Dragon!
Jedi Skyler
Posted: Oct 7 2005, 03:15 PM

Supreme System Underlord

Just what IS your company? Or what will it be?
SBRPG_HakDragon
Posted: Oct 8 2005, 12:16 AM

Roleplayer

We write games, and publish updates to them on our site. We're not a company...yet. We're authors, like a Stephen King or a JK Rowling (but not as big...yet). laugh.gif

Seriously, we wrote a game, published a book, and now we're out there sharing it with others. Based on what our players say, we're insipiring people to play PnP games again, and winning over some new fans. Check out our Amazon.com reviews, or even better, come by our site.

Where will all this go? It depends on our fans I guess. But it's been a cool ride so far. cool.gif

-Hak

--------------------
Fear the Dragon!
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Home Page | NEWForums

Skin Detontiac designed by RyuIxion of WiredGFX
^^v Back to Top v^^

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1220 seconds · Archive