Create your own social network with a free forum.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Role Players Direct. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

The Window, The Unofficial Window Discussion Thread!
jdrakeh
Posted: Sep 22 2005, 09:45 AM

Novice Roleplayer

Group: Members
Member No.: 13

Ever since the official Window discussion forum was pulled over at the old Town Hall forums (it didn't survive the conversion to RPGHost), fans of the Window really haven't had a dedicated place to discuss the game other than the mailing list. Until now. Love the Window or hate it, here's where you can talk about it!

--------------------
jamfke
Posted: Sep 22 2005, 07:33 PM

Supreme System Overlord

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Hey, this looks like a cool system! I don't have a lot of time to read all of it at the moment, but I'll be downloading it and reading it soon.

--------------------
To contact me, the Administrator of this board, or one of my minions, the Mad Mods, send an email to staff@roleplayersdirect.com.
jdrakeh
Posted: Sep 22 2005, 10:13 PM

Novice Roleplayer

QUOTE (jamfke @ Sep 23 2005, 01:33 AM)
Hey, this looks like a cool system! I don't have a lot of time to read all of it at the moment, but I'll be downloading it and reading it soon.

Cool. If you've dropped by The Window Repository, you already know that I'm a fan of Scott's work in The Window. I've designed a dark fantasy setting, an optional point-buy character generation system, and some other freely avaibale supplements for the system, as well as my own variation (Stained Glass).

Normally, I'm not a huge fan of generic systems, but The Window is one of the few that I've found which is intuitve and practical, as well as easily scaled to nearly any setting or character concept. At the Window Respository, you'll fins some links to the conversion fo Shadowrun and Castle Falkenstein to The Window that do a good job of showcasing these featurees.

As I mentioned in the initial post, there was once a Window discussion thread over on the old Town Hall boards associated wtih Web RPG, but since those forums were folded into RPGHost, it has ceased to exist - and there were some great ideas there that got lost in the shuffle. I'm hoping that some of those ideas will re-surface here smile.gif

--------------------
jamfke
Posted: Sep 22 2005, 10:20 PM

Supreme System Overlord

Bring 'em with ya!

--------------------
To contact me, the Administrator of this board, or one of my minions, the Mad Mods, send an email to staff@roleplayersdirect.com.
netjedi
Posted: Sep 22 2005, 10:27 PM

The Supreme Overlord of Nothing!!

Group: Mad Mods
Member No.: 7

Looks interesting. I will check it out in more detail once I am home. smile.gif

--------------------
"Dig it. Who's the man? I'm the man. I'm a bad man. How bad? Real bad. I'm a 12.0 on the 10.0 scale of badness." The Evil Midnight Bomber
jdrakeh
Posted: Sep 22 2005, 11:24 PM

Novice Roleplayer

QUOTE (jamfke @ Sep 23 2005, 04:20 AM)
Bring 'em with ya!

Way ahead of you - I've already posted a link to this forum at the e-group wink.gif

--------------------
jamfke
  Posted: Sep 22 2005, 11:29 PM

Supreme System Overlord

Cool! Thanks a bunch!

--------------------
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Register for Free

Topic Options

Home Page | NEWForums

Skin Detontiac designed by RyuIxion of WiredGFX
^^v Back to Top v^^

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0265 seconds · Archive