zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to Role Players Direct. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Warhammer: Fantasy Roleplay, The roleplaying game for Warhammer.
Teradoxx
Posted: Sep 20 2005, 07:10 AM

RPG Enthusiast

Group: Members
Member No.: 10

Just bought the ground-rulebook for this game. So the day will go with reading through the rules! biggrin.gif

Well, i was just wondering if any of you knew about this game and/or you're experiences with it.

--------------------
''My, my; this here Anakin guy, maybe Vaders someday later, now he's just a small fry. he left his home and kissed his mommy goodbye, saying soon i'm gonna be a Jedi.''

- Weird Al Yankovic; The Saga Begins.
Jedi Skyler
Posted: Sep 20 2005, 08:02 AM

Supreme System Underlord

Group: Mad Mods
Member No.: 3

I've heard about it, but I don't know much about it. Is it a Mech game?
Teradoxx
Posted: Sep 20 2005, 08:25 AM

RPG Enthusiast

Sorry if i sound noob. Mech game? Is it a Mechanical game? Like with robots, cyborgs etc.

--------------------
''My, my; this here Anakin guy, maybe Vaders someday later, now he's just a small fry. he left his home and kissed his mommy goodbye, saying soon i'm gonna be a Jedi.''

Jedi Skyler
Posted: Sep 20 2005, 09:38 AM

Supreme System Underlord

QUOTE (Skaff Toxian @ Sep 20 2005, 02:25 PM)
Sorry if i sound noob. Mech game? Is it a Mechanical game? Like with robots, cyborgs etc.

No problem. I meant battlemechs. Like Robotech or something.
Teradoxx
Posted: Sep 20 2005, 09:50 AM

RPG Enthusiast

QUOTE (Jedi Skyler @ Sep 20 2005, 03:38 PM)
QUOTE (Skaff Toxian @ Sep 20 2005, 02:25 PM)

No problem. I meant battlemechs. Like Robotech or something.

Oh! No. It's a roelplaying game set in the Warhammer Fantasy world. You know Warhammer right?

--------------------

Jedi Skyler
Posted: Sep 20 2005, 10:19 AM

Supreme System Underlord

By the sound of it, I'll go out on a limb and guess that it's Dwarf-centered...
SBRPG_HakDragon
Posted: Sep 20 2005, 11:25 AM

Roleplayer

Member No.: 4

WHFRP is the PnP RPG for Game's Workshop's (GW) Warhammer tabletop battle game. If you've ever walked by a Games Workshop store or display and seen hundreds of Orc, Elf, and Human 25mm figures lined up in battle on a tabletop I'm sure you know what that is. GW also puts out a Sci-Fi battle game called Warhammer 40K with armored troops, robots, and futuristic tanks. Yes, there's Dwarves in both of these games.

I've played WHFRP 1st Edition. There's a lot of background and world material, and the rules mirror the tabletop battle game's. WHFRP never felt like a hack-and-slash RPG to me, its presentation and feel lended itself more to character-background and story-type games. Still, it's a well put together game.

--------------------
Author, Editor, Artist of
SBRPG: The Situation Based Roleplaying Game
Fear the Dragon!
Teradoxx
Posted: Sep 20 2005, 11:48 AM

RPG Enthusiast

QUOTE (SBRPG_HakDragon @ Sep 20 2005, 05:25 PM)
WHFRP is the PnP RPG for Game's Workshop's (GW) Warhammer tabletop battle game. If you've ever walked by a Games Workshop store or display and seen hundreds of Orc, Elf, and Human 25mm figures lined up in battle on a tabletop I'm sure you know what that is. GW also puts out a Sci-Fi battle game called Warhammer 40K with armored troops, robots, and futuristic tanks. Yes, there's Dwarves in both of these games.

I've played WHFRP 1st Edition. There's a lot of background and world material, and the rules mirror the tabletop battle game's. WHFRP never felt like a hack-and-slash RPG to me, its presentation and feel lended itself more to character-background and story-type games. Still, it's a well put together game.

Exactly! About the Warhammer tabletop games. I could'nt expalin it better.

Well, I actually did'nt know much about it. I saw it first here a few weeks ago in my local bookstore. I like the Warhammer world and it's races, history etc.
But i'm not too fond of the tabeltop battle game.

So i guessed i'd try my hand at the roleplaying game! Since i enjoy roleplaying very much.

--------------------

Jedi Skyler
Posted: Sep 20 2005, 02:15 PM

Supreme System Underlord

QUOTE (Skaff Toxian @ Sep 20 2005, 05:48 PM)
WHFRP is the PnP RPG for Game's Workshop's (GW) Warhammer tabletop battle game.  If you've ever walked by a Games Workshop store or display and seen hundreds of Orc, Elf, and Human 25mm figures lined up in battle on a tabletop I'm sure you know what that is.  GW also puts out a Sci-Fi battle game called Warhammer 40K with armored troops, robots, and futuristic tanks.  Yes, there's Dwarves in both of these games.

I've played WHFRP 1st Edition.  There's a lot of background and world material, and the rules mirror the tabletop battle game's.  WHFRP never felt like a hack-and-slash RPG to me, its presentation and feel lended itself more to character-background and story-type games.  Still, it's a well put together game.

Well, I actually did'nt know much about it. I saw it first here a few weeks ago in my local bookstore. I like the Warhammer world and it's races, history etc.

So i guessed i'd try my hand at the roleplaying game! Since i enjoy roleplaying very much.

Well, then, you're in the right place! laugh.gif
Teradoxx
Posted: Sep 20 2005, 02:17 PM

RPG Enthusiast

QUOTE (Jedi Skyler @ Sep 20 2005, 08:15 PM)
QUOTE (Skaff Toxian @ Sep 20 2005, 05:48 PM)

Well, then, you're in the right place! laugh.gif

I am? I would never have guessed. tongue.gif

--------------------

Jedi Skyler
Posted: Sep 20 2005, 02:23 PM

Supreme System Underlord

I figured... That's why I informed you. blink.gif
Teradoxx
Posted: Sep 20 2005, 02:26 PM

RPG Enthusiast

Then, thank you!

--------------------

Jedi Skyler
Posted: Sep 21 2005, 07:31 AM

Supreme System Underlord

You're most welcome, fellow adventurer! dry.gif
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Home Page | NEWForums

Skin Detontiac designed by RyuIxion of WiredGFX
^^v Back to Top v^^

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0280 seconds · Archive