Printable Version of Topic
Click here to view this topic in its original format
Role Players Direct > Star Wars | Blaster For Hire > Chapter One


Posted by: Kradedis Jun 22 2006, 12:22 PM
Year: NOY 19 (3 months BBY)
GST: 1300
Location: Hutt Space
Destination: Nar Shadda (for the moment)

Narrator: White lines of stars flashed around the Law’s Longarm II as BHG Team 0368 zipped through hyperspace back towards Nar Shadda after a disappointing mission cut short by target suicide. Seth Kora and Xavier Tyredarelon sat in the cockpit of the ship watching the stars go by as Myn Antilles sat not far away at the engineering station. The three humans were up for the day, while the two Weequay hunter twins had quiet time off in their cabins. Quiet time…the whole ship was engaged in quiet time. Bounty Hunters would win some, and lose some. While they didn’t waste any supplies, or get hurt on the last assignment, they wasted time…and time was money to all five of them. The only thing that roused them from their meditation, sleep, and daydreaming was the sudden excited beeping of R3-D6. The astro droid’s message was relayed six times before the crew all made it into the lounge area where the holo-viewer was located. It was either a nastygram from Boggo the Hutt, their Guild sponsor, or their next assignment…but then again, it could have been both. As soon as all were present, R3 switched on the viewer…soon, it would no longer be a mystery what the call was about…

A wise man had once said, “One should eat to live, not live to eat,” but Boggo the Hutt either wasn’t aware of that wise teaching, or simply didn’t care. As his large bulky image appeared across the view screen before the crew of the Law’s Longarm II, he grabbed a frog-like creature from a watery holding tank and tossed it into his mouth…and began to speak with the creature still trying to escape his mouth. His grumbly voice sounded like a small earthquake.

Boggo: Noska-chuuda…Maygah-wonka-gayvohdo.

A shiny translator droid, appeared behind Boggo.

Droid: His excellency Boggo the Hutt is disappointed that none of you were able to collect on the Vyax mission, but he understands that sometimes the beings you track are cowards who would rather take their own lives than face justice. The Verpine shouldn’t have stolen those converter plans.

Boggo: Ho-ho-ho…hah…hah…hah. Choggah hah may-bookie. Obska-shoda, nook-kay-vah. Nooska-bena, kay-wanka-shida.

Droid: Yes, the moment he stole the plans, he sealed his fate. One of our teams managed to get the plans back, so the case is closed. Imbursements for ship goods are being transmitted with your next assignment. It is being transmitted to you now. Your financer, his excellency Boggo the Hutt wishes you much luck in this new assignment, the recovery of Retaygo Binool, a Rodian night club owner that thought it was…funny…to double cross our client.

Narrator: The five hunters watched as the load indicator bar began to process…files flashed before their eyes…contact information, target information, and the best part, reward information.

Boggo: Tay-choogah, Boskahn-davoh-day-wannah-tahgo….

Droid: It will require breaking and entering, slicing, possibly even file collection, and having to fend off staff guards, mercenaries…and quite possibly other parties not excluding spice dealer friends of Binool. The file information only contains personal data on the target, target location, and your contact Genta Doshka. She is waiting for you on Rodia…Binool’s homeworld. She lives in a small condo with her mother less than a mile and half from the target’s home. Equator city is a big place, so the location of the condo is marked clearly for you all and any speeder cabby should be able to read it and get you there minutes after you all set down. Her story is quite disturbing, and Boggo the Hutt doesn’t expect this to be a live collection. 15,000 credits for Binool standing before Boggo if you can and…10,000 credits for Binool’s head. This is a standard five-way split…3,000 a piece for him alive, 2,000 for his head. Read the contract and notice that there other bonus reward options available as well.

Boggo: Nay-chudo…May bookai qwon-kuuda?

Droid: His excellency Boggo the Hutt says he isn’t busy at the moment. He is asking whether you have any questions.

http://s10.invisionfree.com/Role_Players_Direct/index.php?showtopic=253
http://s10.invisionfree.com/Role_Players_Direct/index.php?showtopic=261

Posted by: jamfke Jun 22 2006, 03:32 PM
Dughom-Cin's pheremones tell his brother that he is hoping that this mission goes better than the last, they could use 6,000 credits. Of course, 4,000 credits was nothing to sneeze at either.

Glancing around at his team, he tries to evaluate each member's usefulness for the upcoming mission.

Posted by: Orgaloth Jun 23 2006, 05:06 AM
QUOTE (jamfke @ Jun 22 2006, 04:32 PM)
Dughom-Cin's pheremones tell his brother that he is hoping that this mission goes better than the last, they could use 6,000 credits. Of course, 4,000 credits was nothing to sneeze at either.

Glancing around at his team, he tries to evaluate each member's usefulness for the upcoming mission.

Dughom-Ber doesn't look to his brother, so as not to give away their communication method,

I agree, brother. With the bust on the last mission our funds are running low, plus there was no fun in that chase. I also don't see how such a fat loathsome creature could be seen as such a danger.

Ber looks around the group before speaking,

"Mighty Boggo, We thank you for the oppurtunity to redeem ourselves. We are now aware of the cowardice of the Verpines, and thus will not allow another mark kill itself so close to capture. It may be my Weequay intellect, but glancing over the contract I see nothing mentioning bonus payments."

Posted by: Kradedis Jun 23 2006, 05:43 AM
Narrator: Boggo's frown is discernable...even though...he always appears to be frowning.

Boggo: Cheboolbah nokarash...Tay wahnka konavahk may bahko....

Droid: His excellency agrees that it is your Weequay intellect...He suggests you review the contract more closely...

Boggo: Ho...Ho...Ho...Bah..hahk hah...Chahk-ay-bohn-kay-woh-narsoocha...

Droid: Specifically, the part that says "If proof of target’s involvement or orchestration of rape, murder, and unlicensed surgery, additional reward payment may be negotiated."

Boggo: Moskay-chupah!...ho...ho...ho...Garchoo tay-gohnka-chodoop.

Droid: You may be able to gain 1.5 to double the rewards!...The best part is that this reward would be straight from the client's pocket...no guild percentages.

Posted by: Myn Antilles Jun 23 2006, 10:35 AM
Myn didn't bother turning to watch the holo-viewer; he didn't want to deal with the Hutt if he could help it, and besides, he could hear the assignment well enough from hear.

Slicing, breaking and entering...routine.

He leaned back in his swivel-chair, running his fingers through his recently-cut hair and pretending to be absorbed in the engine diagnostics now flickering across the computer screen. In truth, his mind was light-years away, on Corellia...

I wonder how she's doing...3,000 alive?!

Myn sat bolt-upright, taking sudden interest in their mission. Three thousand credits would be a tremendous addition to his bank account, and from what he'd heard (which was, admittedly, little), this assignment didn't sound too bad.

He only hoped he'd heard right.

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Jun 23 2006, 01:50 PM
Xavier's mind works over the new job. "Hmmm." he thinks to himself. "Slicing work. Gotta like that..."

He looks at the holo, inclining his head as he speaks. "Thank you, Mighty Boggo, for your patience and understanding. You show great wisdom through your grasp of the overall situation. Hopefully our new merchandise will prove less... cowardly. Is there anything specific you can tell me about our target's computer systems, security measures, and the like? Or shall I direct these to our contact?"

Posted by: Kradedis Jun 24 2006, 06:41 AM
Boggo: Chuuupah! Mohgah bonkee chohka...Mohkay cheesah...Gohbahn kaharuum darookah....Konduun tay gookae.

Droid: His excellency admits he knows little of the security system in Binool's club and underlair...His greatness suggests The Twi'lek girl contact may know more, as she was a former employee.

Boggo: Dahkwaroonkah...Tahkeeway nowaroo...bohka chiisah. Toookae javarwaroomp dayvokah....

Droid: His excellency adds that the walls and passages leading to the rooms beyond and below the the club are soundproofed. That is one security measure aside from the goons. Whether the walls are soundproofed through dense fibers or some type of electronic means, it may hamper your communications efforts if you all split up once inside.

Boggo: (face shows a slight grimace) Bahkae moookae chobankah...Chubulba nahkabah....nahkchopah dahmwaruhk.

Droid: (turns uneasily to Boggo, and then back to the viewer) His excellency wants to make it clear that the walls are soundproofed not to keep the club music from coming in, but the sounds of screams, blaster fire, and....power tools from exiting into the club...The girl will be able to provide...more information.

Boggo: Chahko...

Droid: His excellency wishes for you to ask if you wish to know anything further.


Posted by: Orgaloth Jun 24 2006, 07:14 AM
"To claim the alive bounty, how much of this scum has to be alive? Are we allowed to ... how do you say it? Damage the package?"

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Jun 24 2006, 08:10 AM
Xavier nods thoughtfully. "That means we won't necessarily have to worry about people out in the club hearing if we have to resort to more...explosive means to accomplish our objective. Thank you, mighty one." He looks to his teammates. "Once we have more intel from our Twi'lek, I might be able to get schematics and security details from their systems once we're on-site."

Posted by: Kradedis Jun 26 2006, 12:03 PM
QUOTE (Orgaloth @ Jun 24 2006, 07:14 AM)
"To claim the alive bounty, how much of this scum has to be alive? Are we allowed to ... how do you say it? Damage the package?"

Boggo: Ho...Ho...Ho...Mahk hah hah...Nohkchahka...mahkaywohnkay tohkcha.

Narrator: The droid turns nervously around at his master, then replies...

Droid: His excellency says that brain damage or rendering the target into a coma will result in a reward as dead. Bring him back alive enough to face justice...not in a vegetative state.

QUOTE (Jedi Skyler @ Jun 24 2006, 08:10 AM)
"That means we won't necessarily have to worry about people out in the club hearing if we have to resort to more...explosive means to accomplish our objective. Thank you, mighty one."


Boggo: Tachoodah...Monkaychohka! Ho...Ho...Ho

Droid: His excellency believes you to be correct...Explosives though tend to decrease the capture rewards.


Posted by: Jedi Skyler Jun 27 2006, 07:54 AM
Xavier chuckles audibly. "Have no fear, Mighty One," he replies in Huttese. "I'm thinking more of shaped charges, designed for impact in a small, contained area." He looked around at his comrades. "We will take every precaution to bring the merchandise back with his appreciative faculties in full working order. He might not be in any position to move on his own, but his brain will be unharmed..."

Posted by: Kradedis Jun 28 2006, 01:26 PM
Boggo: Kayqueeskah?...Ho...Ho...Ho...Youu doo waht youu haav too doo.

Narrator: The Weequay and Xavier noticed the Hutt liked Xavier's choice of words in reference to the target...merchandise. He wanted his message to be clear to everyone in the room...He didn't particularly like having to speak through droids...but then again, he needed ADM-9 for translation when someone was brought in who spoke in a rare dialect...and was missing their teeth or part of their tongue.

Droid (ADM-9): You're in the same quadrant, so it shouldn't take you long to touch down on Rodia...Your droid should have the nav computer coordinates in its CPU already as Rodia seems to keep us stocked with employees and targets...Good luck.



Posted by: Orgaloth Jun 28 2006, 07:33 PM
"Thank you mighty Boggo. We shall obtain the merchandise, and we thank you for this honour of proving ourselves to you."

Stupid fat creature. Why do we have to inflate it's ego? Brother, I think we should look to see if there is a bounty on Boggo, and maybe take it.

Dughom-Ber bows to the image of Boggo, as he talks to his brother.

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Jun 29 2006, 08:15 AM
Xavier nods in respect. "Thank you, mighty one," he says. "We will do exactly that." His helmeted gaze shifts to the droid. "Thank you as well, 80. We do indeed have Rodia's details in our system, and should make planetfall soon." He returns his focus to Boggo. "If there isn't anything else you believe we should know, then we'll be off."

Posted by: jamfke Jul 1 2006, 08:35 PM
Dughom-Cin bows to the Hutt's image in time with his brother.

Indeed brother, perhaps his exploits have angered other Hutts, or the Empire.

Dughom-Cin waits for the transmition to end then turns toward the cockpit, taking his place at sensors.

Posted by: Kradedis Jul 4 2006, 10:23 AM
Narrator: The assignment was on screen, and soon afterward, the little astromech whirled back into the lounge to report that a course was set for Rodia...The quickest route coordinated could take them to Rodia within twelve hours...the drawback is that it took the ship through an area of dead space...no known settled worlds and anyone they came across was likely a pirate. The slower route would take six hours longer, but it would take them through more civilized space. It was actually two jumps...one to Lashbone, and then a quick replot to Rodia.

That's the way it usually was...the quicker path had the most risks, whereas the safer path took more time.

The little droid waited for the crew to take a vote...or for someone to step up and decide.

Posted by: Orgaloth Jul 4 2006, 07:10 PM
Time to take the initative, eh brother? Quickest route, that way if we come across pirates, then we can get more bounties.

To the droid,

"Quickest Route. We're in a hurry."

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Jul 5 2006, 08:37 AM
"Yeah, we need to get on this one and get it nailed down quickly so we can get back on top in the credits department," Xavier seconded. He then looked at the Weequay brothers. "So...do you two have any more piloting tricks to show me as we head into hyperspace? If not, I'm going to work on some programs that will help make slicing this club's systems easier."

Posted by: Orgaloth Jul 5 2006, 07:27 PM
When we do check up on Boggo, I think we should use a different terminal. Not one on the ship. I bet he checks our logs

Posted by: Kradedis Jul 6 2006, 01:35 PM
OOC: Jamfke...your stinky responses are requested by your stinky brother. blink.gif smile.gif

Posted by: jamfke Jul 7 2006, 04:10 PM
(OOC-"PFFFT" fart.gif OOPSIE!)

Yes, perhaps we can find a use for Xavier again. He is a slicer after all.

Dughom-Cin smirks while checking the hyperdrive status.

Posted by: Orgaloth Jul 7 2006, 11:41 PM
Unless he gets us into trouble again. I still haven't forgotten about that incedent in the Minos Cluster. I'm going to the cockpit to make sure the droid sets us on the right course.

Dughom-Ber stands up and heads to the cockpit.

Posted by: Myn Antilles Jul 10 2006, 04:29 PM
Myn didn't speak to his team-mates; he had little to do with the operation of the ship, and he didn't feel like making small talk about their assignment, or anything else for that matter. He wanted to be alone...but no such luck.

He turned his attention to the diagnostics screen before him, watching the numbers flicker past. He understood them well enough; there went the menuvering jet calibration angles, the alluvial dampner's relief algorithims, the coolant system's temparture reports. Everything appeared to be in order, and the Corellian appeared to be redundant.

The story of your life, Myn...redundancy.

He sat upright, shaking his head lightly. He needed to do something.

Rising from the chair by the console, he turned towards his teammates in time to catch Xavier's comment about writing slicing programs.

"I think I'll join Xavier, if he doesn't mind."

Posted by: Kradedis Jul 11 2006, 08:30 AM
Narrator: The trip through dead space was uneventful either due to luck, or perhaps anyone searching routes decided that anyone bound for Rodia from Hutt Space was not worth the risk of upsetting. In either case, within twelve hours time the Law's Longarm II came out of hyperspace at a comfortable distance outside of Rodia's atmosphere. Upon entering orbit, the hunters were contacted by ground control giving informing them of the open docking bay located in the north quarter of Equator City...it would be perfect. Upon the approach, everything seemed to be just fine, no signs of trouble or possible trouble. The bustling city below them was alive with speeder cars, swoops, and people walking through a maze of streets. The jungle city was unlike many places found in the galaxy, for though it looked like a beautiful garden, it was as dangerous as most parts of Atzerri, Corratos, and even Tatooine. The modified Yt-2000 rotated and set down not far from the recharging port hoses in the northern portion of the bay. As the landing repulsors fired and the ship set down, a Rodian customs worker stood by watching the ship inquisitively. From the cockpit, he could be seen calling into a comlink and as the crew of the ship exited, he was joined by a light patrol of one squad of Imperial Stormtroopers and an Imperial Army Lieutenant. The troopers kept their weapons at port arms, and this wasn't uncommon for them to assist locals in customs and ensuring order...still, anytime Imperials oversaw anything, it could mean trouble.

user posted image

Narrator: The troopers said nothing as the hunters approached down the gangplank and into the bay, but the officer and customs worker watched them intently.

Rodian Worker: I'll thay thith in Bathic tho all of you can underthtand. We need to go through a cargo manifetht and interetht in vithit declarathun. Altho, the landing fee in thith bay ith 150 credith...If you don't want to pay...park in the jungle.

Narrator: Rodians had a hard time speaking Basic due to their snout and tongue placement...Rarely did they attempt it. Most of the time they spoke their native tongue or Huttese...and the Army lieutenant at his side cringed as the Rodian spoke with an odd trademark lisp of most Rodians who tried to speak Basic. He couldn't stand by and watch the worker butcher Basic any longer.

Imperial Army Lieutenant: My name is Lt. Grask. I'm assigned to the Imperial Garrison here and am helping out customs. Who is the captian of this ship, and what is your business here on Rodia?

OOC: Most of you can take all of your equipment on you and walk around the streets of Equator City and not be bothered by anyone about weapons permits and things of that nature...simply because everyone else is carrying something. I still need revised lists of equipment from Orgaloth and Jamfke. Thanks.

Posted by: Orgaloth Jul 12 2006, 04:40 AM
Damn this humidity. Give me the desert heat any day.

Slowed down slightly when the Rodian started talking, mainly so he could translate the rodian's basic. Once the stormtrooper speaks, he stops and looks around at how the rest of the bounty hunters are dressed and then looks at the Stormtrooper, and then again at the hunters.

He is kidding isn't he? Or is he really as dumb as a kowakian monkey lizard?

Dughom-Ber Rounds onto the Lieutenant.

"This ship is the Guilds, it is in our care, so we are all it's captian. And what other business would someone have on Rodia? We are here to hunt."

He then hefts his deck clearing gun onto his other shoulder and looks pointedly at the lieutnant.

Posted by: Kradedis Jul 12 2006, 09:56 AM
OOC: Clarification - none of the Stormtroopers have spoken. Only the customs guy and the Imp Officer have said anything so far.

"This ship is the Guilds, it is in our care, so we are all it's captian. And what other business would someone have on Rodia? We are here to hunt."

Narrator: The lieutenant smiled at Dughom-Ber's response...They were a bunch of scum-bag bounty hunters. Rodia's visitors' interests in the mega-city were clear to him, and it came to a surprise that the bounty hunter who responded didn't do his research on the place before landing. Despite the reputation that Rodia had received for producing bounty hunters and criminals pursued by bounty hunters, there were hundreds of others things that these five looked like they might be interested in...like smuggling, picking up dates...or prostitutes, big game hunting, spice deals...and of course, the extensive black market.

Lt. Grask: All of you are the ship's captain...hmmm...that sounds really efficient. Well bounty hunter, there are a lot of things to do here on Rodia besides hunting the usual scum bags you're probably used to tracking. Most of the things here found on Rodia can get you into trouble. We try to bail outsiders out who are visiting this place for the first time or who may have forgotten what this place was like on their last visit...hence the questions and the declaration. Enjoy your stay here bounty hunters...Oh, one last thing. We bail people out of trouble, but come down pretty hard on those who look to make trouble. Our garrison is small, but it's large enough to really ruin your day should you try. You're all free to go, as soon as you pay Kleeko here the 150 credit docking fee.


Posted by: Myn Antilles Jul 12 2006, 10:09 AM
Myn stood at the back of the team, arms folded nonchalantly as he listened in silence to the exchange between the Rodian, the Weequay, and the Imperial officer. What they said hardly concerned him; the credits would come out of the team account, and from all he'd heard of Rodia they wouldn't be required to register their weapons, which suited him fine.

He did hope, thought, that they wouldn't search him to any real degree; he had a handful of computer spikes in the bag with his portable computer and his clothes, and he'd yet to meet the Customs agency that didn't mind the illegal slicing tools.

He glanced at the stormtroopers standing nearby, but didn't make eye contact. If the soldiers made any trouble, he knew the hunters could cut them down, especially with Dughom-Ber's deck gun...but he hoped it wouldn't come to that.

"Hope" doesn't equal "won't".

Posted by: jamfke Jul 12 2006, 03:52 PM
QUOTE (Orgaloth @ Jul 12 2006, 04:40 AM)
Damn this humidity. Give me the desert heat any day.

Slowed down slightly when the Rodian started talking, mainly so he could translate the rodian's basic. Once the stormtrooper speaks, he stops and looks around at how the rest of the bounty hunters are dressed and then looks at the Stormtrooper, and then again at the hunters.

He is kidding isn't he? Or is he really as dumb as a kowakian monkey lizard?

Dughom-Ber Rounds onto the Lieutenant.

"This ship is the Guilds, it is in our care, so we are all it's captian. And what other business would someone have on Rodia? We are here to hunt."

He then hefts his deck clearing gun onto his other shoulder and looks pointedly at the lieutnant.

At least we're not on Rishi.

Dughom-Cin sneers toward the Imperials as he checks the power pack of his DL-44 then slams it back into its holster and hooks his thumb into his belt. He almost lets out a chuckle as he picks up his brother's quip about the lieutenant's similarity to the crazy beast that was one of Jabba's favorite pets.

That or a squib on glitterstim.

As his brother addresses the lieutenant, Dughom-Cin crosses his arms and gives him the same look. He glances over his shoulder toward the back of the group.

"Myn, would you mind paying the man as we head out?"

Posted by: Orgaloth Jul 12 2006, 08:00 PM
QUOTE (Kradedis @ Jul 12 2006, 10:56 AM)
Lt. Grask: All of you are the ship's captain...hmmm...that sounds really efficient. Well bounty hunter, there are a lot of things to do here on Rodia besides hunting the usual scum bags you're probably used to tracking. Most of the things here found on Rodia can get you into trouble. We try to bail outsiders out who are visiting this place for the first time or who may have forgotten what this place was like on their last visit...hence the questions and the declaration. Enjoy your stay here bounty hunters...Oh, one last thing. We bail people out of trouble, but come down pretty hard on those who look to make trouble. Our garrison is small, but it's large enough to really ruin your day should you try. You're all free to go, as soon as you pay Kleeko here the 150 credit docking fee.

"Don't worry he will be payed. And we are here for some R&R. I don't doubt that you and your squad could ruin someones day."

Or Hoth, my dear brother. This one does have the inflatted ego of a Squib. I hope we get to pop it.

Dughom-Ber smiles at the Lieutenant, before moving on to let Myn pay Kleeko.

Posted by: Myn Antilles Jul 12 2006, 08:11 PM
Myn stepped forward, still silent, producing one of the Guild account credsticks he'd been given before they embarked.

"Well, shall we, gentlemen?"

(edited)

Posted by: jamfke Jul 12 2006, 10:35 PM
Dughom-Cin smiles at the lieutenant in synch with his brother. He looks to Myn and nods at his request then turns to follow Dughom-Ber.

Posted by: Kradedis Jul 13 2006, 07:37 AM
Narrator: Kleeko looks over to Myn and gestures with his snout towards him...

Kleeko: You the money man? Letth deal.

Posted by: Myn Antilles Jul 13 2006, 08:28 AM
Myn aligned the Guild credstick with the Rodian's datapad, allowed a moment for the transaction to process, and then returned it to his pocket. He bowed a mocking half-bow to the customs agent and the lieutenant before turning to follow the Weequay brothers out.

Posted by: Kradedis Jul 13 2006, 10:01 AM
Narrator: After paying and leaving their a$$hat welcoming committee, the five hunters walked through the heavy blast door's open frame and found themselves almost knocked over at once by heavy hot humid jungle air...mixed with speeder and ground vehicle exhaust. They stood next to a post that "No driving on the curbs" but that didn't seem to bother a few of the locals across the street from doing just that...They would just 'hop' over display stands and zip about back and forth from the street to the walkway to avoid traffic. One had to be careful, when looking both ways to cross...heck, one had to look both ways just to stand on the sidewalk. There didn't seem to be an organized traffic system...Like Rodia itself, the streets followed the laws of the jungle. If one was quick he could zip over traffic to avoid collisions, like an animal leaping up to the trees for safety. Larger vehicles seemed to have the right of way, forcing the smaller vehicles to stop or be destroyed. Predators and prey.

According to the file, they were only five blocks from the contact's home (2000 meters, or a little over a mile). They could walk it, or hop into a speeder bus for five credits a person.

Posted by: jamfke Jul 13 2006, 03:29 PM
Dughom-Cin watched the traffic for a moment. It seemed that one was just as safe on foot as they would be in a vehicle.

Worse than Courscant ever dreamed of being, eh brother?

To the others, "Walk or ride?"

Posted by: Myn Antilles Jul 13 2006, 04:02 PM
Myn watched the traffic "pattern" for a moment, unsurprisingly in silence, before responding.

"Umm...I'd say walk. The bus is more likely to get hit than we are on foot...bigger target, all that...buggered insane drivers..."

He shifted his shoulder bag, settling it more comfortably. The prospect of walking two klicks with what felt like a thousand kilos on his shoulder wasn't terribly appealing, but neither was getting involved in an eight-speeder pileup...

Posted by: Darth Windu Jul 13 2006, 07:23 PM
"Antilles is right. We'll keep a lower profile if we walk." Seth said, surveying the landscape.

Posted by: Orgaloth Jul 14 2006, 12:48 AM
Dughom-Ber stops beside his brother,

QUOTE
Worse than Courscant ever dreamed of being, eh brother?

To the others, "Walk or ride?"


I like it. The more aggresive get to where they want quicker. Walking the 2km should be a cake walk for us. It'll also allow us to split off as we approach.

"I agree. We should walk. Also I think we should stagger our entry. Or maybe only have a few of us met the contact, whilst the others keep look out. We don't want to tip our hand to early."

Posted by: Kradedis Jul 14 2006, 12:54 PM
Narrator: The hunters moved out on foot, making sure not to walk in step or stay to close to each other. It was the ninth hour of the day (mid-morning) and traffic whizzed by them on their lefthand side almost non-stop. They ran into very few pedestrians on the way to the condo complex. Occasionally, they would see patrons coming out of shops, but no panhandlers, drunks, or junkies were hanging around. The one Imperial patrol they saw must have been the reason why the area was cleaner than expected.

Within three hundred meters of where they were supposed to go, movement caught the hunters' eyes. A young Twi'lek man came out of an alley on their right hand side just a few feet ahead of them.

As the hunters had walked past the previous alley, they saw that the alley went around the corner to the left and that this alley where the Twi'lek eyed them went around to the right...causing the alleyways to meet behind the building. They couldn't see around the building, but could see a sign that showed another business behind the building directly to their right.

The Twi'lek looked right and then left...raised his eyebrows at the hunters and then ducked back into the alley. As Dughom-Ber and his brother, along with Myn approached the alleyway...cautiously, he was still there...He spoke in a hushed tone to them as they watched him suspiciously.

Twi'lek: Hey bros...where you going all decked out like that? Are you looking for a fight or to bust some heads? Hell yeah! That's what I'm talkin about! You don't want to go into battle totally unprepared...you guys should come back here and see my brother's goods. He's got some stuff that would make the Stormies around here turn an even whiter shade of white! (composes himself) Really! Come on...I can show you...Disruptors, pulse-guns, depleted nutronium rounds...all the stuff!

user posted image

Posted by: Orgaloth Jul 15 2006, 03:41 AM
This one is definately a huslter. We need to get this job done.

To the others,

"If you want to check this out, we will go and scout out our target."

Posted by: jamfke Jul 15 2006, 12:57 PM
Agreed.

Dughom-Cin looks behind the group as his brother speaks. If this fellow isn't alone, his partners could be sneaking around from behind.

Posted by: Kradedis Jul 15 2006, 10:20 PM
"If you want to check this out, we will go and scout out our target."

Twi'lek: Aw yeah...I knew it...youz guys are for real!

Narrator: Dughom-Cin peered to his right, back behind the others--waiting and watching for someone to sneak up on them. No movement...just the slick looking Twi'lek in the alley.

Twi'lek: Hey bro...if you and yo lookalike feel confident to go checkin out stuff up there in Tommy Two-tails' turf the way you are...you for real and that's goodness. What about the rest of you...we dealin or what?

Posted by: Kradedis Jul 17 2006, 10:21 AM
Narrator: The rest of the hunters hesitate in a decision to head back to deal...When heading back into an alley on Rodia, reservations against doing so were usually a wise thing.

Twi'lek: Come on back...you're gonna have to watch your step though. It's not as bad as some places but you don't want to rub up against some of the stuff back here...and you don't want to step on some junkie's syringe...

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Jul 17 2006, 01:31 PM
Xavier looks the Twi'lek up and down, arms crossed easily over his chest. There was no way he was stepping back into this nerf's office. They had a job to do, and it needed to get done. Time was credits, and they'd already wasted enough listening to this fast-talker.

He checked the power pack in his blaster, a sign of both his confidence and his wearing patience with the situation, then recrossed his arms across his chest.

Posted by: jamfke Jul 17 2006, 03:14 PM
Shall we brother?

Dughom-Cin places his hand on the butt of his blaster pistol and motions for the others to move on. He'll take up a position at the rear of the formation.

Posted by: Kradedis Jul 18 2006, 08:38 AM
OOC: Nobody's talking, so moving right along.

Narrator: The Twi'lek watches Dughom-Cin's movement towards his blaster pistol and the ushering of the others along and smiles, rolls his eyes, and shakes his head.

Twi'lek: I'll take that as a no 'we're not dealing.' What a shame...Well, you know where we're at if you decide that you all need more firepowa!

Narrator: Having not far to go now, the five hunters arrive in the complex in search of the contact's building and unit. Finding it fifteen minutes later and locating a door view screen, only a quick call stands between them and more information about their target. Looking around in the lobby of the complex building, there were a few Rodian kids playing with a ball, and a few maintenance workers and droids tending to the lawns and cleaning the hallways. Double checking that they had the right room, only a call to unit 112 needed to be made. What would this "Genta Doshka" be like...and why of all places did she want to meet them here?

OOC: Someone make the call.

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Jul 18 2006, 02:16 PM
Xavier steps up to the comm unit and dials in a call to unit 112, awaiting and answer from the contact.

Posted by: Kradedis Jul 18 2006, 11:08 PM
Narrator: The view screen crackled and a young attractive Twi'lek woman came into view walking towards the screen while clicking a remote. She was looking at the remote as she walked forward and tripped over something that was out of the viewer camera's line of sight. She cursed as she adjusted the volume to the outside room where the hunters were waiting...She bent down and picked up a bottle of wine and tossed it into a nearby trash receptacle...only after smiling wanly as she faced the viewer finally.

Genta: Are you guys here to fix the refresher?

Narrator: She nodded to them with her eyes wide, trying to tell them something...That they should agree.

Posted by: jamfke Jul 19 2006, 12:21 AM
Dughom-Cin glances at his brother.

"Yes, we hope this isn't a bad time."

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Jul 19 2006, 08:33 AM
Xavier caught the earnest look on her face, and his senses immediately began tingling. "That's right, Miss. We were already in the neighborhood for another call, and wanted to go ahead and get you taken care of." He nodded slowly and deliberately at her, hopefully telling her that he understood.

Meanwhile, below the viewing range of the cam, he slowly loosened his blaster in its holster. Time to rock, he thought...

Posted by: Kradedis Jul 19 2006, 11:25 AM
"Yes, we hope this isn't a bad time."

"That's right, Miss. We were already in the neighborhood for another call, and wanted to go ahead and get you taken care of."

Genta: No...not a bad time at all. I'll ring you all in...(turns to side momentarily as she pushes the door clicker)...Hey...why don't you go sleep in your room?

?????(female voice): Leave me alone...my head.

Genta: My foot! Mom!....Next time...throw away your bottles or I'm gonna kill myself on it in the dark.

Genta's mom: Turn a light on....

Genta: I tried doing that last time and you got mad.....Fine...I'll leave you alone.

Narrator: The door clicks and the red indicator turns green on the lock.

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Jul 20 2006, 10:23 AM
Xavier opens the door while the lock is disengaged. Regardless of the chatter the contact made while unlocking the door, Xavier remains ready for anything as he enters the building.

Posted by: Darth Windu Jul 20 2006, 09:48 PM
Seth steps into the room, one hand on the pistol in the holster at the back of his belt. He quietly survey's the room. He hated the Empire for the people they had bankrupted by making new laws. Poverty was not a thing Seth Cora liked. At all. Poverty made desperate people. Desperate people made criminals. Even though criminals were the reason Seth was paid, they made him sick.

Posted by: Orgaloth Jul 21 2006, 02:23 AM
I'll keep watch outside. I don't want anyone sneaking up. Are you going in or setting up a perimeter?

"I'll get the equipment from the van."

Dughom-Ber sounds a little wooden, as if lying isn't something that doesn't come naturally to him.

Posted by: Darth Windu Jul 21 2006, 06:59 AM
OOC: Perimeter, forgot to mention that.

Posted by: Myn Antilles Jul 21 2006, 08:16 AM
Myn had been following in silence; he didn't speak to the twi'lek, he didn't address their contact over the vidscreen, he didn't even speak to his team-mates. He simply complied with what he was told to do, and followed.

Not now, though.

Myn's left hand dropped to his side, fingers resting lightly on the grip of his low-slung blaster. When Xavier and Seth stepped inside, Myn slid to the side, standing next to the door and leaning up against the wall.

Security...seems like everybody forgets it...

He stretched out, trying to look casual; the hall seemed to be otherwise empty, but he didn't want to take any chances.

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Jul 21 2006, 01:23 PM
Once inside, Xavier's eyes are constantly scanning, invisible outside the helmet. He visually inspects every nook and cranny, ready to clear leather should the need arise.

As he ensures that the entry is clear, he moves on into the building toward the Twi'lek's apartment.

Posted by: jamfke Jul 22 2006, 02:52 PM
QUOTE (Orgaloth @ Jul 21 2006, 02:23 AM)
I'll keep watch outside. I don't want anyone sneaking up. Are you going in or setting up a perimeter?

"I'll get the equipment from the van."

Dughom-Ber sounds a little wooden, as if lying isn't something that doesn't come naturally to him.

I will enter to aid in the illusion we have already created.

Dughom-Cin enters the building, checking for anything out of place while slinging his rifle from his shoulder to the ready-fire position.

Posted by: Orgaloth Jul 23 2006, 01:46 AM
Dughom-Ber looks around the entrance for a place that has cover, and a view of the entry.

Posted by: Kradedis Jul 25 2006, 11:16 AM
Narrator: As Dughom-Ber exited to check on threats that could present themselves from the outside, the other four hunters entered the building. Room 112 was off to the right so the hunters followed the small directory signs in the general direction...An elderly woman opened the door, came out, looked at the hunters as if terrified and quickly hobbled back into her unit. As Xavier, Myn, Seth, and Dughom-Cin walked by, they could hear her scramble for her locks, both electronic and physical.

Genta came half-way out of her unit as she heard the older woman's door slam shut. She hollared down the hall after her.

Genta: Mrs. Grask! Hey...packages aren't here yet. They don't come until after four...My mom's got a bad hangover, so could you please stop slamming your doors!

Mrs. Grask: (muffled from inside the door) Your mouth isn't helping your mom recover!!!!

Genta (nods and says in a hushed tone): Yeah, she's probably right (looks over the approaching hunter's weapons) Ah, plumbing and exterminators...excellent, I'll show you all where the pump broke...and where the bugs are coming in.

Narrator: A quick look inside showed that nothing was really out of the ordinary. The unit was very squared away with the exception of a big pile of dishes soaking in the kitchen, and...the middle aged Twi'lek woman sprawled out on the couch...surrounded by bottles of half-drunk Lum and Corellian brandy. Presumably, she was Genta's mom...It was clear where the younger Twi'lek got here good looks from...Aside from being in bad shape from alcoholism...she looked like she used to take care of herself...rivaling her daughter's looks.

Genta: Sorry about the mess...I cleaned up as much as I could...but I didn't want to disturb her. (looks over at her mom who opened her eyes for a second before they rolled back into her head). She's been like this every since dad...never came back. She refuses to leave...You see, my dad, he got a job working for a shipping company here as a pilot and he well, never came back...He's been gone for three months. My mom was an accountant, but as you can see, lately, I've been pulling double shifts...dancing. (looks back to her mom) Hey...mom...I'm going up to my room with four strange men...I'll see you later (waits for a concerned reaction).

Genta's mom: ehgh....Bye.

Genta (smiles wanly and sighs): Okay men, follow me...up the steps.

Narrator: The interior of the room was pink, and there were flashing club lights and strobes all over the room that Genta quickly struggled to turn off as the men came in.

Genta: So...how much do you know about the one you're following? I've got some stuff that can help you out, but guys look pretty slick and you probably won't even need it.

OOC: I apologize for the delay. I'm moving, painting and driving all over the place.

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Jul 26 2006, 08:24 AM
(OOC- No sweat, man. I've moved MANY times. Get your digs squared away, and post when you can. It's YOUR world!)

Xavier looks at the young Twi'lek and nods slowly. "We'll take any intel you can offer us. Information is power, and since yours is first-hand, it is very powerful indeed.

"By the way, I don't know what kind of visitors you usually have here, but if you're able I'd recommend you and your mom take a small...vacation from here. As a precaution. You know your neighbors better than we do, but since that lady saw us, she might be blabbing right now to someone that you have some unusual visitors. I'd really hate to see anything happen to someone as beautiful as you simply because you were seen with us- especially since you're doing the right thing."

Privately, Xavier toyed with the notion of giving the girl a secure comm frequency upon which they could be reached. He pulled out his datapad and typed up a quick note:

Do you guys think we should give her a secure comm freq to call us on, should she get visited by any drek bags? She needs to not suffer for her part in this. If you agree, just hit the 'Y' key and pass it on. I'll send a message to our teammates' pads to get their assent.

He then passed it to the team members in the room as they spoke to the girl.

Posted by: Myn Antilles Jul 26 2006, 02:00 PM
Myn stepped into the room just as Xavier finished speaking, and he watched as his teammate tapped out a message on his datapad. He took it first, hit the "Y" key, and passed it on to whoever was next in line.

Posted by: jamfke Jul 26 2006, 04:04 PM
With a slight grimace, Dughom-Cin read the message. With his brother out of range for their special communications, he had to make the decision for both of them.

Judging that the girl's knowledge of our presence and our mission could be a detriment to them should she be captured and tortured, he acknowledged the suggestion to give her the frequency.

Passing the datapad along, he then moved alongside the nearest window to take a peek outside.

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Jul 27 2006, 08:24 AM
Xavier regarded the attractive young Twi'lek as her eyes went round the group. Despite her current profession, he thought, she still maintains an aura of innocence. That is rare in this business. I hope this whole affair doesn't strip that from her.

Out loud he said, "You are quite brave to come forward with this information. We appreciate your willingness to aid us in dealing with this individual."

Posted by: Kradedis Jul 31 2006, 02:17 PM
"We'll take any intel you can offer us. Information is power, and since yours is first-hand, it is very powerful indeed."

Genta: I know who is considered Binool's popular guests...I know he's become pals with Globey Dxu and Spicer Strim...two gangster spice pushers. I even managed to steal a code card to get you into the underground. Of course, that only gets you past door one. I'm not crazy enough to get caught beyond that point...Too many girls have gone past and ended up dumped and slashed...Got to be careful here while at work. Some of Binool's stooges travel around from club to club looking for more girls...It's crazy!

"By the way, I don't know what kind of visitors you usually have here, but if you're able I'd recommend you and your mom take a small...vacation from here. As a precaution. You know your neighbors better than we do, but since that lady saw us, she might be blabbing right now to someone that you have some unusual visitors. I'd really hate to see anything happen to someone as beautiful as you simply because you were seen with us- especially since you're doing the right thing."

Genta: Beautiful? Hah...I don't feel beautiful. I'm just a basic step up from a stripper...I thought I would be going back to school by now, but with dad gone...I have to help my mom as best I can. Oh, you don't have to worry about the old lady. She wants no part in anything besides her check from her son. Mrs. Grask is just a crazy old lady...very unfriendly too...and my mom is, as you can see...a drunk. I'd love to take a long vacation from here, but she insists that dad will come back. If we leave, she says we'll permanently divide the family.

"You are quite brave to come forward with this information. We appreciate your willingness to aid us in dealing with this individual."

Genta: Thank you for your kind words...but really....I ran away, but I hope that I can help braver people than me to get Retaygo. Between himself and his gangster friends, he's got well over forty full time club bouncers and likely even tougher guys underground. (looks at the datapad being passed) What's that?

Narrator: Staying near the entrance, Dughom-Ber watched as traffic whizzed by. Traffic coordination lights for street traffic only lasted for a few seconds before intersection traffic switched back and forth. No one was walking around the immediate area except for a few people that lived in the complex itself. Suddenly though, a speeder van not paying attention to the signals slammed into speeder cab, causing both to spin offcourse and slide to opposite ends of the street. Immediate detours were made as traffic leapt over them. The human woman in the van exited with two teenage kids whom she was still yelling at. The Rodian cab driver, whose cab was in much worse shape than the dented van came out holding his neck.

Woman: Next time, get the address before we look for it! I don't know where the bread shop is since the other one went out of business.

Girl: Mom, I thought we were going for shoes....

Boy: Oh man, look at that guy's cab...He's screwed!

Girl: We hit him, it was our fault...well, mom's fault.

Woman: We'll have a much smaller claim than him.

Rodian Cab driver (reaches into cab, pulls out blaster rifle) Yamah chi ya! [Not after I hit back!]

Narrator: The horrified mother and kids watch as the cab driver unloads his blaster rifle into their van...Dughom-Cin sees all this happen as he peers out the window, only a few feet from where the cab skidded to a halt.

Genta: Yeah, traffic here can be bad...Speeder rage...that especially can be bad.

Posted by: Orgaloth Aug 1 2006, 04:48 AM
Dughom-Ber takes a passing interest in the speeder crash.

**She should have been watching where she was driving.**

He keeps an eye out for any possible enemies.

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Aug 1 2006, 10:18 AM
(looks at the datapad being passed) What's that?

Xavier smiles charmingly. "I'm putting together a little 'care package' for you. In the off chance these goons suspect you've talked, I want you to be able to get in touch with us. I'll give you a secure frequency we can be reached on."

His eyebrow arching, he continued. "By the way, you don't feel beautiful because you're not getting treated as though you are, and that's not going to happen in this environment. But what you do doesn't determine what you are, or how beautiful you are. Just take it from someone with an artist's eye," he says, winking at Genta as his smile broadens.

Posted by: jamfke Aug 1 2006, 06:12 PM
Dughom-Cin watches the altercation in the street below with a smirk, and then continues to scan the area for trouble.

Posted by: Kradedis Aug 3 2006, 01:44 PM
"I'm putting together a little 'care package' for you. In the off chance these goons suspect you've talked, I want you to be able to get in touch with us. I'll give you a secure frequency we can be reached on."

Genta: Thank you very much sir...I'll keep a look out...for my sake and...well mom's sake too. She's pretty good too when she has a moment of clarity. In fact, you guys better be out of here before she wakes up. Here...this is the key card. I had to go through alot to get this damn thing, so don't lose it. It will get you out of the club scene and into the back...near the underground. I had to give a Gamorrean a lap dance...much more than I'm used to doing, but I managed to snag it from him. He's one of the guards, as many of Binool's guards are Gamorreans. Dumb and loyal, but not very organized. They're packing heavy blasters and big mean looking axes. Watch out for them. Globey and Spicer, they're likely to have gunmen with them...if they're down there. The elite of Binool's thugs are Rodians...They're pretty serious guys, not goofballs like the Gamorreans. I've seen Binool leave the club one time and several of his Rodian bodyguards had rifles.

"By the way, you don't feel beautiful because you're not getting treated as though you are, and that's not going to happen in this environment. But what you do doesn't determine what you are, or how beautiful you are. Just take it from someone with an artist's eye,"

Genta: Awww...that's really cute (blushes a bit beyond the normal red range). I suppose you're right. A knight in shining armor...come to swoop me off my feet. (laughs) You're really a gentlemen, despite your attire...Are your companions as likely to be as smooth?

Narrator: Outside, the Rodian cabbie continued to fire into the woman's speeder van until suddenly, he was shot down from a distance. Both the Weequay brothers turned suddenly and saw an Imperial patrol coming down the street.

The troopers quickly took positions around the scene, with three of them standing over the body of the Rodian cabby with this E-11s pointed at him. The squad leader addressed the woman.

Stormtrooper Sergeant: Ma'am, you look like you need assistance.

Woman: Oh, thank goodness for you sir. We tried to take cover but there wasn't anywhere to go. He kept shooting our speeder after we accidentily crashed into him.

Stormtrooper: Damn it! More paper work. Ma'am you're under arrest...You and your kids will have to come down to the garrison with us....So you can help us with all the damn paper work. We got two smashed vehicles and an....accident related vehicle fatality.

Narrator: The woman looked around for a few seconds...and then turned to the trooper.

Woman: Sounds alright with me.

Stormtrooper Sergeant: (calls one of his team over) Get on the horn, have a street cleaning crew come out here and tractor tow the vehicles out of here...and see if they can sweep him up before the bugs or birds begin to peck on him.

Stormtrooper: Yes sergeant....Sergeant, should I round up witnesses?

Sergeant: Yes...(looks around and his helmet's view narrows down on Dughom-Ber)...Take his statement.

Narrator: Three of the Stormtroopers moved off towards where Dughom-Ber was waiting...watching. Upon seeing how he was dressed, and what he was carrying...the Stormtroopers took precautions, spreading out.

Stormtrooper 1: You there sir....Did you see the accident?

Stormtrooper 2: If so...who caused it?

Stormtrooper 3: Were more people involved that may have left the scene?

Posted by: jamfke Aug 3 2006, 03:52 PM
Dughom-Cin watches the troopers moving toward his brother, then turns toward the others, "We may need to get going. Imps have taken interest in a little accident below, my brother is being approached by three of them."

He unslings his rifle and moves toward the door.

Posted by: Myn Antilles Aug 3 2006, 06:23 PM
"Cin, put it down...walking out to greet the Bobbies with your rifle at the ready isn't the best way to make a good first impression," he whispered in the Weequay's ear.

Myn hadn't been listening to their contact (her name escaped him at the moment) for the past few minutes; his attention had instead been focused on the accident scene below.

"Let's just you and me go down and see if we can tail them..."

Posted by: jamfke Aug 3 2006, 07:15 PM
Dughom-Cin glances Myn as he speaks, then nods as he reslings the rifle.

"Let's go."

Posted by: Orgaloth Aug 4 2006, 06:46 AM
QUOTE
Stormtrooper 1: You there sir....Did you see the accident?


"Yes, the woman disobeyed the signal."

QUOTE
Stormtrooper 2: If so...who caused it?


"She was arguing with the offspring. So maybe it was them."

QUOTE
Stormtrooper 3: Were more people involved that may have left the scene?


"No. No-one else was involved. Here is my identification, and my private freq, if you have anymore questions"

Dughom-Ber, pulls out is hunters license, and gives them his commlink frequency, all the while keeping an eye out for danger to their mission.

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Aug 4 2006, 08:26 AM
Genta: Thank you very much sir...I'll keep a look out...for my sake and...well mom's sake too. She's pretty good too when she has a moment of clarity. In fact, you guys better be out of here before she wakes up. Here...this is the key card. I had to go through alot to get this damn thing, so don't lose it. It will get you out of the club scene and into the back...near the underground. I had to give a Gamorrean a lap dance...much more than I'm used to doing, but I managed to snag it from him. He's one of the guards, as many of Binool's guards are Gamorreans. Dumb and loyal, but not very organized. They're packing heavy blasters and big mean looking axes. Watch out for them. Globey and Spicer, they're likely to have gunmen with them...if they're down there. The elite of Binool's thugs are Rodians...They're pretty serious guys, not goofballs like the Gamorreans. I've seen Binool leave the club one time and several of his Rodian bodyguards had rifles.

Xavier accepts the key card, shuddering as he gets a mental picture of the lovely young woman being in such close proximity to the porcine Gamorrean. "See?" he said. "Brave." He tucked the key card safely away in a pouch on his utility belt, figuring he could examine it later and reproduce it, if necessary or deemed prudent. "Thanks for the advice on the hired muscle, although that particular Gamorrean might not still be there after having lost his key card. Someone like Binool might just reward such carelessness with a quick blaster bolt to the head."

Genta: Awww...that's really cute (blushes a bit beyond the normal red range). I suppose you're right. A knight in shining armor...come to swoop me off my feet. (laughs) You're really a gentlemen, despite your attire...Are your companions as likely to be as smooth?


Xavier finds himself greatly enjoying and appreciating Genta's blush, finding that it confirms his earlier appraisal of her innocence not being completely gone. He smiles and winks at her. "Not likely," he replies. "But I'll definitely keep the notion of sweeping you off your feet in mind.

"As unpleasant as it might be, much less the desired topic of conversation, is there anything else you can think of that might help us in bringing this piece of poodoo down?"

Posted by: Kradedis Aug 7 2006, 01:29 PM
"See?.....Brave."

Narrator: Genta raised one eyebrow at him and smiled wanly.

Genta: If you say so. You're the ones going in...getting paid yeah, but still...you're the brave ones.

"Thanks for the advice on the hired muscle, although that particular Gamorrean might not still be there after having lost his key card. Someone like Binool might just reward such carelessness with a quick blaster bolt to the head."

Genta: You're such an optomist. Binool blasting one of his own goons would be nice, but it's hard to find people who won't 'squeal' either because they're that loyal, that stupid, or no one else can understand their grunts. The Gamorreans are all three of that...they're almost completely safe in not leaking anything about him...except of course loosing the key. If Binool finds out, he'll have the lock codes changed and may have an alarm system backing it up...you know, for like...tampering detection and stuff. I've had that key card for weeks, but, since the stooge who lost likely won't come forward about it...Binool likely doesn't know about it yet. I hope it gets you guys in the door. (watched Myn and Dughom-Cin leave)...They're going out there? Why? As long as your partner doesn't draw on the Imps, he should be fine. Oh well, anyhow...Do you two (Xavier and Seth) have any questions more for me? I can upload directions to Binool's club, but once you're inside you'll have to watch out for the drug pusher goons, hired thugs, and whoever is paling around with Binool. That card may be your only friend.

Narrator: Outside, things were winding down. Wreckage removal and...dead Rodian cabbie removal would soon be underway...and after taking a peek at Dughom-Ber's guild license, the Stormtroopers eased up a bit as well. The third stormtrooper began keying in information for later witness reporting.

Stormtrooper 1: Bounty hunter eh? Well, that's good to know that something is getting done around here. There are a lot of places uptown that we'd love to shut down, blow up, mass arrest or just go in blasting...but we can't because of riots. You don't go in shooting the criminals in some places, especially if they're citizens of Rodia. Our garrison wouldn't be able to deal with all of Equator City and backwater hunters coming back into civilization all being up in arms around us. Chaos.

Stormtrooper 2: But with you, there is no one to hate...No one to riot against...Just solutions to criminals...and that makes our job...

Stormtrooper 3: ....One hell of a lot easier.

Narrator: Imperial Stormtroopers...incorruptible...unbribable...immune to seduction...and always willing to do what was necessary to see order through...even if it meant giving anyone and everyone in a building a good killing. Of course, that wasn't what the hunters were looking for...but still, the troopers could be useful...in the sense of gaining valuable information about gang activity, underworld alliances and what they might all be walking into.

Stormtrooper 1: You're in Tommy Two-Tail's neighborhood right now. We try to keep his influence and pushers from bothering local businesses, but unless we come with a full company, we know he's in charge...So, if you don't mind us prying...Who are you looking for?

Stormtrooper 2: We'd like to see how fast you (watches Dughom-Cin and Myn arrive outside the building not far away [approx 30 feet])...and your friends can make whoever you're looking for...disappear.

Stormtrooper 3: Chances are, we've arrested them before.

Stormtrooper 1: We don't care what happens, as long as you take perverts and junkies out of here...and as quiet and un-Imperial looking as possible. The idea is to...preserve order. We'll point...you'll shoot.

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Aug 7 2006, 01:45 PM
QUOTE
They're going out there? Why? As long as your partner doesn't draw on the Imps, he should be fine. Oh well, anyhow...Do you two (Xavier and Seth) have any questions more for me? I can upload directions to Binool's club, but once you're inside you'll have to watch out for the drug pusher goons, hired thugs, and whoever is paling around with Binool. That card may be your only friend.


"Don't you worry your pretty little lekku about it. We're Guild Hunters; each of us is a card-carrying member. That's gonna go a long way in a place like this, where the troopers know they're usually outnumbered. They'll be happy to have us going in and taking someone out. The fewer they have to personally deal with, the more they like it.

"Anyway, I'll definitely take your directions." He pulls out his datapad and holds it out to receive a transmission from hers. "We can look at it together, and you can point out any nice little surprises you might know about; anything that we know will help us deal that much more effectively with this nerf herder."

Posted by: Orgaloth Aug 9 2006, 02:59 AM
QUOTE
Stormtrooper 1: You're in Tommy Two-Tail's neighborhood right now. We try to keep his influence and pushers from bothering local businesses, but unless we come with a full company, we know he's in charge...So, if you don't mind us prying...Who are you looking for?


Dughom-Ber listens to the stormtroopers ranting. When they finally ask him a question he answers promptly,

"Retaygo Binool. My team and I would be very interested in helping, as long as there are credits to be had."

As his brother approaches,

These guys are offering us a job. Drug dealers mainly by the sounds of it. Some nice easy cash.

Posted by: Kradedis Aug 9 2006, 11:01 AM
Narrator: The three Stormtroopers looked puzzled...All three of them turned to each other and the third one shrugged his shoulders.

Stormtrooper 1: Credits to be had? We're not putting up a bounty...We're offering to tell you where people are at and then you check to see if there are bounties out on them. You can use your own resources to do that. You check with your people. We're not authorized to set up bounties...We just know where some of these scum bags are at...because they tend to go right back to the places they were before after being arrested.

Stormtrooper 2: We ought to stop arresting them.

Stormtrooper 3: I know....I know.

OOC: I put up certain individual's names in yellow...hoping the names would stand out or someone would ask either Genta or the Stormtroopers about them...or check with your own resources to see if there are bounties out on them already.

Posted by: Myn Antilles Aug 9 2006, 02:34 PM
Myn shifted his weight back and forth while he listened to the exchange between the stormtroopers and his teammate; he didn't feel like saying anything, although he *would* be remembering this Tommy Two-Tails character...

Posted by: Orgaloth Aug 10 2006, 08:12 AM
QUOTE
Stormtrooper 1: Credits to be had? We're not putting up a bounty...We're offering to tell you where people are at and then you check to see if there are bounties out on them. You can use your own resources to do that. You check with your people. We're not authorized to set up bounties...We just know where some of these scum bags are at...because they tend to go right back to the places they were before after being arrested.


These guys are even dumber then they look

"I never mentioned you placing bounties. All I said was as long as there are credits involved."

How is everything with the informant?

Posted by: jamfke Aug 10 2006, 09:17 AM
She is well. We have a key to get us into the mark's back door, this should be a quick pick-up.

Dughom-Cin nods to the troopers.

Posted by: Kradedis Aug 10 2006, 01:49 PM
QUOTE
"We can look at it together, and you can point out any nice little surprises you might know about; anything that we know will help us deal that much more effectively with this nerf herder."


Genta: It’s pretty straightforward. You go into the club and head towards the back. The only guards that should challenge you are the Gamorreans until you get to the passage leading to the underground. The thing I foresee being a problem is Binool’s chief lieutenant. The Rodian wearing a purple suit who may be walking around in the bar itself overseeing the Gamorreans…and sometimes beating them for falling asleep on post is Odako Masko. He gives me the creeps. Of all the goons that Binool has, it’s hard to say who among them is a killer or just a wannabe thug…except for Masko. He’s a killer, and not even the Gamorreans want to risk upsetting him after the challenge…Yeah, one of the larger Gamorreans tried to kind of…challenge for leadership…and got flipped through the bar. All I remember seeing was the big guy’s feet hitting the ceiling before he came crashing through stools, wood, and duracrete. Binool even commented that Masko can get a bit…messy…and that he still thinks of himself as a Hutt enforcer.

QUOTE
"I never mentioned you placing bounties. All I said was as long as there are credits involved."


Stormtrooper 1: That's for you to figure out bounty hunter. As I said before, we'll point and you'll shoot. Before you do that though, you decide if there’s money in it.

Stormtrooper 2: We know that your type doesn't shoot or do anything unless there are credits involved.

Stormtrooper 3: Call your HQ after we give you a list of names.

Stormtrooper 1: Starting with Spicer Strim...he and his little buddy Globey Dxu. They're bound to be at Binool's...He's paying them lots of money for the spice and drugs they're providing. Spicer is a middle-aged human male, right around six feet tall. He has gray sideburns and always wears a red business suit. He's Globey's business manager...as Globey...a Bith...actually makes the drugs for sale. Globey hates violence, but doesn't go anywhere without Spicer and quite a few guards. They've got some firepower…rifles, repeaters, and even grenades. They won’t take to the street though or we’d mow them down.

Stormtrooper 2: Aside from Binool’s buddies, you need to worry about Binool’s sadist bodyguard. Odako Masko, a Rodian just like good old Binool. This psycho was kicked out of Black Sun for being too…aggressive. No one messes with Binool in his club, and if anyone even looks at him the wrong way, Masko’s job is to beat them senseless. Take him down from a distance, because, well, he can really fight up close even against multiple attackers larger than him. Teras Kasi crap if you know what I’m getting at.

Stormtrooper 3: We’re not sure what kind of an income percentage Binool is giving to Tommy Two-Tails, the local boss around here. It’s likely that he is giving something though and that means Twi’lek mercenaries with Binool to protect their boss’s investment. If you take down Binool, Two-Tails isn’t going to be happy. Binool is likely good for business with the club income.

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Aug 11 2006, 09:53 AM
QUOTE
Genta: It’s pretty straightforward. You go into the club and head towards the back. The only guards that should challenge you are the Gamorreans until you get to the passage leading to the underground. The thing I foresee being a problem is Binool’s chief lieutenant. The Rodian wearing a purple suit who may be walking around in the bar itself overseeing the Gamorreans…and sometimes beating them for falling asleep on post is Odako Masko. He gives me the creeps. Of all the goons that Binool has, it’s hard to say who among them is a killer or just a wannabe thug…except for Masko. He’s a killer, and not even the Gamorreans want to risk upsetting him after the challenge…Yeah, one of the larger Gamorreans tried to kind of…challenge for leadership…and got flipped through the bar. All I remember seeing was the big guy’s feet hitting the ceiling before he came crashing through stools, wood, and duracrete. Binool even commented that Masko can get a bit…messy…and that he still thinks of himself as a Hutt enforcer.

Xavier nods as he makes some notes on his datapad, linking people and listing the descriptions Genta has given him.

Posted by: Kradedis Aug 14 2006, 06:26 PM
OOC: Attention people speaking with the Stormtroopers...The ball is in your court...Your responses please. smile.gif

Posted by: Orgaloth Aug 14 2006, 08:06 PM
QUOTE (Kradedis @ Aug 10 2006, 02:49 PM)
Stormtrooper 2: Aside from Binool’s buddies, you need to worry about Binool’s sadist bodyguard. Odako Masko, a Rodian just like good old Binool. This psycho was kicked out of Black Sun for being too…aggressive. No one messes with Binool in his club, and if anyone even looks at him the wrong way, Masko’s job is to beat them senseless. Take him down from a distance, because, well, he can really fight up close even against multiple attackers larger than him. Teras Kasi crap if you know what I’m getting at.

Stormtrooper 3: We’re not sure what kind of an income percentage Binool is giving to Tommy Two-Tails, the local boss around here. It’s likely that he is giving something though and that means Twi’lek mercenaries with Binool to protect their boss’s investment. If you take down Binool, Two-Tails isn’t going to be happy. Binool is likely good for business with the club income.

"Thank you for the tip. Would you happen to know if they are at the club at the moment?"

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Aug 15 2006, 09:37 AM
Xavier flips his comlink on, keeping it muted and the volume down so only he can hear it, so he can monitor the situation outside.

Being licensed bounty hunters, he knew they didn't need to fear the Imperials- at least, not as long as what the team was doing couldn't be construed as "illegal"... and by illegal, he really meant crossing purposes with the Empire. So long as his teammates kept their cool, a notion Xavier was sure would be the case, there would be no Imperial entanglements.

Posted by: Kradedis Aug 17 2006, 11:46 PM
QUOTE (Orgaloth @ Aug 14 2006, 08:06 PM)
"Thank you for the tip. Would you happen to know if they are at the club at the moment?"

Stormtrooper 1: Not sure about the drug pushing gangsters...but Binool lives there. He and his bodyguard hardly ever leave.

Posted by: Orgaloth Aug 22 2006, 06:52 PM
QUOTE (Kradedis @ Aug 18 2006, 12:46 AM)
Stormtrooper 1: Not sure about the drug pushing gangsters...but Binool lives there. He and his bodyguard hardly ever leave.

"Thank you for your help. We should be going. Once we've dealt with our main target, we will look into helping with the others."

Dughom-Ber turns to head over to his brother and to wait for the others to come out.

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Aug 23 2006, 08:32 AM
Xavier hears the situation outside winding down, taking that as his cue to wrap things up in here as well.

"You've been very helpful, Genta. If there's nothing else you think could help us out, we ought to get started. We have preparations to make."

He looks Genta straight in the eye, his expression serious. "I'm serious about that comm frequency. Use it only in an emergency, but don't hesitate if you need it. Memorize it and don't leave it laying around. Lessens your likelihood of being traced back to us."

He looks around at his teammates. "Anyone have anything else? If not, we need to move. I don't know if they're done downstairs or not, but time's wasting."

Posted by: Kradedis Aug 29 2006, 10:30 AM
QUOTE
"Thank you for your help. We should be going. Once we've dealt with our main target, we will look into helping with the others."


Stormtrooper 1: You're welcome...Watch your back inside that club...bounty hunter.

Narrator: Coming back outside from their discussion with Genta, Xavier and Seth looked to their team members as the Stormtoopers took off to assist the others in redirecting traffic. Genta had thanked them for the frequency and gave Xavier hers as well...just in case they needed to talk to her if something went wrong inside the club. Sometimes you didn't know what plan B was until plan A failed and you had to come up with a B.

It was time to go...and they were looking forward to the challenge. It was sounding to be more of a challenge now than before. It was a bit frightening to think that on a world where honor duels, family feuds, homocides, mob hits, drug deals gone wrong, hunting gone wrong, gladiatorial fights and thousands of other ways in which brutal death was a regular part of daily life...to think that the Imperials would say "Oh yeah, the guys you're looking for are creepy and violent enough to where we won't deal with them," really said alot about Binool,...and Masko.

They walked off towards the club...thinking about whether they should scope out the inside first where they may be noticed outside of happy hour anonymity...or wait until later...closer to the actual go time.




Posted by: Orgaloth Aug 30 2006, 07:45 AM
Well brother, I am going in. I want a drink, and to see what this place is like.

Dughom-Ber faces the other hunters,

"I'm going in. Don't you all follow, and don't you sit at my table. Seperation is good, animnomity is better."

With that he walks in.

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Aug 30 2006, 09:51 AM
"Good plan," said Xavier, whipping out his datapad. "I'm going to plug into the nearest public terminal and see what kind of information I can find- general layout of the neighborhood, possible escape routes, transportation schedules, power grids, stuff like that. I want to get as much info as I can before we do this. Anyone have any requests before I jack in? Once I'm done, if we still have people on the inside, I'll go in and get a drink myself. While I'm there, I'll take some holos of the place so we can form a plan of attack, and maybe some backups as well."

Posted by: jamfke Aug 31 2006, 06:34 PM
QUOTE (Orgaloth @ Aug 30 2006, 07:45 AM)
Well brother, I am going in. I want a drink, and to see what this place is like.


Dughom-Cin nods as his brother speaks to the others.

I'll be near the entrance should you need a distraction. Just "yell".

He smiles.

Posted by: Kradedis Sep 13 2006, 01:38 PM
Narrator: Finding a terminal wasn't hard, finding out things like - escape routes from buildings and ways to exploit business security though weren't going to be listed as public facts for everyone's knowledge for anti-theft and arson reasons. What Xavier did find out was that the the building was secure...It had one entrance on the bottom floor. It did have sewer access coming from a pump room at the far end of the kitchen. That wasn't a likely escape route though. There was roof access and a speeder parking garage on top of the building listed as 'private'. The area to the north of the building was also under ownership of Binool, a warehouse. At least, Binool seemed to own the lot. There was no business or operations actively planned in the warehouse.

As the five hunters neared the club, a sign outside it read "No loitering. Strictly enforced." It was unclear who would enforce that, Imperials or Binool's goons, but none of them wanted to attract attention during the dead club hours. They entered just to get a feel for the place. Taking tables near the entrance, they waited to be served and noticed that most everyone in the place was either eating or playing sabaac. Security inside was high...It had to be if games got out of hand. Some of the patrons were armed, and the Rodians working as security were armed with blaster pistols and stun batons. The Gamorreans, more security, just as Genta had said were carrying vibro-axes. As Dughom-Ber went to get some drinks at the southern part of the employee station, he got a good look of the dance floor in the eastern quarter of the building. To his immediate south were the freshers...and outside of the employee station, there were many guards standing around, mostly Gamorreans guarding a northern door. That was likely the entry point of the underground. Back to the east, the bandstand was empty, but lots of noise was still coming from the dance floor. There was a one sided discussion going at high volume...A Rodian in a purple suit was screaming at one of the Gamorrean guards and two of the Rodian security staff. From their posture, they were frightened and looked ready to duck out of the way of a barrage of attacks. Well, it looked as if Masko was on the floor, but there was no sign of the drug dealers or Binool. He could be in the Underground...or could possibly be in the members level on the second deck. Access to that level was guarded too... upper deck overlooked the dance floor...and it was hard to tell who was up there.

Server Droid at Bar (male voice): What would you like to drink sir? (to Dughom-Ber)

Narrator: The others didn't wait long before they were approached by a server droid who walked not far from all of them as if on a stage.

Server Droid on the floor (female voice): Can I get any of you hansome gents something to eat or drink? Here's how it works at Binools...You tell me what you want and I can automatically deduct from our ingredients in stock whether or not we can make it. We're well stocked so...name away if you're hungry...Our drink selection is grand...ranging from the casual brew or fizzyglug to exotic wines. (she briefly excused herself and walked off to the south to tend to a spill, but said she would be right back to take their orders after some consideration)

OOC: Don't let the map fool you guys into thinking that combat is imminent. You guys are looked at right now as patrons. If you're there to eat and investigate, you'll likely go unnoticed. If you're looking for a fight or pry around too hard, you're going to get a fight and will be pryed right back. I just put the map up to give you guys a general idea of distances and how many guards were there. You have several options at the moment. One - see if you can gain access to the members area. Two- check the security near the door leading to the underground. Both of these will involve conning and bargaining....Or, three- leave and check out the warehouse to the north and use your investigation skills.

These are just food for thought...If you guys come up with anything else, go with it. smile.gif

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d89/Kradedis/BinoolsPlace.png

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Sep 14 2006, 09:46 AM
(OOC- Just so it's clear, the moment Xavier began heading for the entrance to the club, he switched on his 360 degree holo recorder to begin taking video of everywhere he goes.)

Xavier considers briefly the available drinks, and settles on a fizzyglug, wanting to keep his wits about him, but keep suspicion off by appearing to be just a patron of the establishment.

He leans over to one of his compatriots. "You know," he says quietly, "if we were able to get hired in here as muscle, we might have an easier time getting around. Something to think about."

Posted by: Orgaloth Sep 15 2006, 09:23 AM
Dughom-Ber orders a local drink, and stands at the bar drinking it, and scanning the cantina. He watches a Sabacc game for a moment,

Hey brother, we could try the Bespin sting here. I'm sure that this place wouldn't be equiped to pick up our pheromones.

Dughom-Ber turns back and grabs a serving droid by an arm,

"What time does this place close? And do I have to woory about Imps doing a raid here?"

He listens intently for the reply, but doesn't pay full attention to the last answer as he spots Masko. He turns around so his back is to the bar, and he leans against it with his elbows on the bartop.

Psycho at 4 o'clock.

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Sep 19 2006, 09:07 AM
Xavier also watches the gambling area, not being too experienced at sabaac but familiar with the rudiments of the game. He makes sure to get a good look at every nook and cranny he can see, giving his recording equipment ample time to create a 3-D map of the area.

Posted by: Darth Windu Sep 20 2006, 07:35 AM
QUOTE (Jedi Skyler @ Sep 14 2006, 09:46 AM)
He leans over to one of his compatriots. "You know," he says quietly, "if we were able to get hired in here as muscle, we might have an easier time getting around. Something to think about."

"You're right. You see those guys getting a doing over by the Rodian? We could replace then. That guy's probably so angry he wouldn't even notice who he hired." Seth muttered back. "Don't know about you, but I'm heading to the dance floor and the screaming Rodian."

He began to nonchalantly stroll around the bar and towars the dance floor, brushing past Dughom-Ber without looking at him. He tried not to make the impression he was headed straight for the dance floor. He stopped at the bar, ordered a glass of Chandrillan Wine started flirting with the female patron on his left. After saying goodbye, he took his glass of wine and started for the cluster of Guards. He stopped right beside the Rodian, who didn't even notice him in his fury. "Help not so good, eh?" He said, putting on a Corellian accent as he had done with the woman. Piffers dug it, everybody knows that.

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Sep 20 2006, 08:56 AM
"Oh, I wish he hadn't done that," Xavier mutters under his breath. "I was just speculating. I didn't mean for him to go over there and try to get a job!" He looked over at Myn. "I think we might have to give ol' Seth a little schoolin' later," he said, allowing a bit of a drawl to filter through into his voice.

Xavier made sure his recorder picked up every detail of Seth's interaction with the goons...

Posted by: Kradedis Sep 20 2006, 11:53 PM
"What time does this place close? And do I have to woory about Imps doing a raid here?"

Server droid: Dancing begins at the 21st hour standard time and ends the next day at the fourth hour standard time....The bar never closes. In the month since my last full maintenance and wipe, I've never seen Imperial troops in this building.

"Help not so good, eh?"

Narrator: Even though they were armed, the security guards stepped away cautiously from Masko...but stopped short as someone, a newcomer dared to interject something while Masko was screaming. This could be deadly...There was no yelling, nor did Masko lash out and quickly recoil as he had been known to do when getting interrupted...Instead, he turned to see who had walked up just a few feet away. A human...likely a mercenary, or some other troublemaker looking to make some money...He could use someone like this for...errands.

Masko: Gorayda tahsch-naydah...Why are you bothering me human? Ith-it for a job or are you inthulting my thtaff for no other reathon bethideth you want to die? If you have the thtonethssss....I have the creditthssss. Otherwithe...you jutht thcrewed up by coming over here...big time.

Narrator:It was the typical Rodian lisp when pronouncing certain syllables in Basic...but there was little humor in hearing it. Masko was deadly serious, and Seth had better speak up quickly before the situation goes further down hill.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d89/Kradedis/BinoolsPlace1.png

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Sep 21 2006, 09:02 AM
Xavier watched the scene unfold, doing his best to make it look like he wasn't watching.

He was, ya know, watching casual.

Posted by: Darth Windu Sep 21 2006, 05:52 PM
Seth grinned. "You read my mind. I'll be happy to work you. Masko." He answered. Keeping eye contact with Masko. That was a close call. He knew the violent Rodian had been close to attacking.

Posted by: jamfke Sep 21 2006, 06:32 PM
I think we'll have to save the games for later brother, our friend seems to be trying to get himself killed.

Dughom-Cin moves to the opposite side of the bar from his brother so he can be closer to the scene if anything goes down.

Posted by: Orgaloth Sep 23 2006, 08:16 PM
Listening to Seth's and Masko's exchange, Dughom-Ber almost chokes on his drink,

Did that idiot just call him Masko, without having the name inroduced to him? He's giving away that he has information on our targets!?! Sithspit!

Dughom-Ber, tries to cover his shock by coughing and spluttering a little,

"Damn insects."

Posted by: Kradedis Oct 4 2006, 06:07 PM
OOC: Taking into account that Dughom-Cin did change his location, just don't have access to that map until this weekend...Sorry. smile.gif

"You read my mind. I'll be happy to work you. Masko."

Narrator: It was an odd choice of words, at least, naming Masko outright. It wasn't too unlikely that Masko had a reputation around the club and the area for...solving problems. Still, the Rodian squinted as if in thought....

Masko: Are you familiar to me?...Have we met before?...You theem to know me....but who are you? Jutht another high prithed nobody, or thooter of renown from a dithtant thythtem?....Thith thould be good...I like to know whoth applying for an opportunity.

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Oct 5 2006, 10:57 AM
Xavier almost allowed his shoulders to slump in relief, but held himself in check. He continued to monitor the entire facility, keeping his recorder going.

Posted by: Kradedis Oct 9 2006, 02:25 PM
Narrator: Masko reaches into his lepel pocket and grabs a death stick...as he searches for his lighter, he looks back at Seth and squints as no reply comes.

Masko: Well you know who I am Joe...did you forget your frekin name? Did you hear me before Joe? I athked who you are? Thpill it...what ya waitin for? Frek...you're thtartin to wathte my time...HELLO!

OOC: 04.gif

Posted by: jamfke Oct 9 2006, 04:36 PM
Is our friend getting nervous brother? Should I assist him?

Dughom-Cin motions for the barkeep and orders a Bloody Gundark.

Posted by: Orgaloth Oct 10 2006, 03:54 AM
I think if we were to make a move, our blasters would be running hot. Keep you weapon ready, but wait until Masko makes a move. Who knows, we may get a slight pay rise.

Dughom-Ber sips his drink and watches the Gramoreans and Masko, waiting for the Rodian to live up to his reputation.

Posted by: Darth Windu Oct 10 2006, 07:39 AM
"Zeke Terrik at your service." Seth responded quickly. He never should have done this. Seth cursed himself for trying. Gunning and punching is what he's good at, not smooth-talking violent Rodians. Too late to back out now.

"I s'pose I fall into the categorie of Nobodies. But, I'm working my way up. Beings have to told me that you are have jobs in my bussiness of choice. I'll work cheap."

He felt the comforting weight of his knife, in it's sleeve sheath. He was almost hoping something would happen, that Masko would attack him. His fellow Hunters wouldn't like it, of course, but they already thought him incompetent, anyway.

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Oct 10 2006, 11:28 AM
Xavier carefully noted the positions of his teammates and their potential enemies. Potential, he thought, because the hard light hadn't begun being slung yet.

Hopefully things remained that way for now. They didn't have nearly enough intel...

Posted by: Kradedis Oct 10 2006, 07:08 PM
Narrator: The flap of green skin lining Masko's mouth just to the left and right and under his snout twisted...the sign of a slight smile.

Masko: Well...no frekin thhutta thloota. Okay Cheap Zeke...Okay...I'm the carder and I'll deal you in...Zeke. Thoundth like a fake name to me, but thatth fine too. I've theen your fathe if thith comezth back to bite me in the ath. Hereth the deal...Thereth thith guy...an old guy who liveth out in town five blockth from here. He payth for protection, and well, I believe that everyone thould be punctual in their paymentth....in fact...it ith alwayth betht to be early. Hith name ith Dantin Tahl...one of the only Human buithness ownerth in the northern dithtrict. Go there, tell him I thent you and that payment ith early. If he doethn't have it, you don't get payed tho you may have to break thome thtuff for him to cough it up. Bring it here, thow me, and we'll sthplit it. Thouldn't be too much of a challenge for you...in fact, I may have more jobth for you if you can get the cath without roughing old Tahl up. I don't want him to have a heart attack or get blathted...I jutht want to keep him on hith toeth. Underthtand...Cheap Zeke?

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Oct 11 2006, 11:38 AM
Well, now I don't know if this has gotten better or worse, Xavier thought. He's gotten an in now, but now he has to prove himself by going out and pulling some extortion.

I wonder... perhaps we could work with the 'protectee' and cough up the money from our operating expenses so he appears to have shaken the guy down, without having to actually collect.

Of course, we'll have to work as a team to make sure he isn't followed...

Posted by: Kradedis Oct 26 2006, 02:26 PM
OOC: I'm going to need an answer pretty soon, uh, like by the end of this week from Seth, or I'm going to have to change somethings around...radically.

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Oct 26 2006, 06:33 PM
(OOC- If Seth hasn't posted by the end of the week, I'll make an intervention post and take the heat off Seth, unless you have other plans. PM me and let me know.)

Posted by: Kradedis Oct 28 2006, 01:15 PM
QUOTE (Jedi Skyler @ Oct 26 2006, 06:33 PM)
(OOC- If Seth hasn't posted by the end of the week, I'll make an intervention post and take the heat off Seth, unless you have other plans. PM me and let me know.)

OOC: That's just fine...I'll go ahead and give you a prompt to jump in on Monday.

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Oct 28 2006, 02:01 PM
(OOC-Alrighty then. C ya then!)

Posted by: Kradedis Oct 30 2006, 02:53 PM
Masko: Underthtand...Cheap Zeke?

Narrator: When no answer comes...Masko begins to look around a bit suspiciously...looking around for anyone else who may be watching. Was this bum taking ques from someone?...No, not likely...nothing in his ears to signify he was waiting for orders or anything.

Masko: You thould get your hearing checked with your profits human...in a way though, your the perfect thtreet hooligan. You don't even thpeak up to acknowledge your employer...meaning you probably won't thqueal to anyone...like anyone careth...(still no reply)... You aren't taking thignalth from thomeone? Your thtarting to kind of creep me out...Zekee Peeps...Cheap Zekee Peeps...your an odd one...thomething not right about you...thath for thure...You know what...(turns to his guards)...Why don't you guyth help old Zeekee here get himthelf lotht...He'th too freaking creepy...even for me...(squints at Seth)...Ith all you do ith thtare? Goodneth thaketh alive...get thith wierdo out of here.

Narrator: Blaster pistols are powered up but not aimed at Seth.

Rodian Security Guard: Okay chuto...ith time for you to go...

Masko: (to himself) Why do they have alwayth have to be tho wierd?..How long did it take for him to regithter the firtht time? Ten theconds...and the thecond time...for frek sake...he didn't even anther the thecond or third time. Why can't they be more enthuthiathtic and anther right away? Why can't they be more eager to puth thtuff and people around...like me?

OOC: Sorry Seth...I know things are busy with the holidays coming up but we got to move on (starting a conversation and then disappearing at the finalization of it can get messy when dealing with Masko)...and I'm glad that I didn't have to start blasting because Xavier looks to want to have a stab at this. Above may be Xavier's que to approach Masko...he's left some clues as to what he's looking for, be careful though...Masko's patience level just went from cranky to really looking for a fight.

Posted by: jamfke Oct 30 2006, 03:54 PM
This isn't looking good...

Dughom-Cin casually drops a hand to his thigh, placing it near the butt of his blaster, while reaching toward the small dish of stale kohoko nuts with his other hand. Clutching a few of the rancid goobers, he tosses a couple into his mouth and bites down.

"BLEECCCHHH!"

To the bar keep, but loud enough for the whole cantina to hear, "What are you trying to do, kill your customers? These things are horrible! You'd figure a place as classy as this would at least have fresh kohoko nuts! I have a mind to blast you for this! In fact...I may just do so!"

Hope this helps and doesn't hurt the situation brother, keep an eye out for me.

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Oct 30 2006, 06:46 PM
Xavier slides out from his table smoothly, taking a circuituous route around the floor and eventually ending up over close to where Masko and his goons are starting to look unpleasantly disposed toward Seth. Xavier looks pointedly that way as if searching, looks away, then does a double-take. He walks directly to Seth's side, exclaiming along the way, "THERE you are?! What the heck are you doing? I thought we were going to stick to the plan..."

Looking at the Rodian who appears to be getting quite trigger-happy, Xavier stands straight and says, "Pardon my brother here. He and I had been talking about trying to gain employment here; it's one of the better-looking establishments we've come across." He looks over at Seth and continues talking to Masko. "I told him we should just observe carefully how you handle the joint, because that says a lot about the overall atmosphere." Xavier gestures at Masko's goons, a sweep of his arm that takes in the entire room. "Other than my impetuous brother here, you've got this place locked down pretty well. That tells me you're a boss who runs a tight ship. You have a plan, and you expect your men to execute it." He nods. "That speaks highly of you and the owner. He obviously knows how to hire the right people." Pointedly not extending his hand, but relaxing his posture just slightly, into what would be an easy but defensible stance, he says, "My name is Xavier. I apologize for my brother's strange behavior... but sometimes, when he gets ultra-observant, he almost goes into a kind of trance. If something piques his curiosity, he just zones out sometimes. I know it had to be kinda weird, having him go out like that on you. Believe me, I've been seeing it forever, and it still wigs me out."

Grabbing Seth by the arm and steering him toward the front door, he adds, "He might seem off to you, but he's a good man in a fight. I really would like the opportunity to at least be considered for a job. Would you happen to have anything available?" he asked, letting just the right amount of hopefulness creep into his voice, hoping it would quash the Rodian's temper long enough for them to at least get out of this one...

Posted by: Orgaloth Oct 31 2006, 06:07 PM
QUOTE (jamfke @ Oct 30 2006, 04:54 PM)
This isn't looking good...

Dughom-Cin casually drops a hand to his thigh, placing it near the butt of his blaster, while reaching toward the small dish of stale kohoko nuts with his other hand. Clutching a few of the rancid goobers, he tosses a couple into his mouth and bites down.

"BLEECCCHHH!"

To the bar keep, but loud enough for the whole cantina to hear, "What are you trying to do, kill your customers? These things are horrible! You'd figure a place as classy as this would at least have fresh kohoko nuts! I have a mind to blast you for this! In fact...I may just do so!"

Hope this helps and doesn't hurt the situation brother, keep an eye out for me.

I'll watch your back.

Dughom-Ber turns when his brother makes his outburst, and looks at the guards and bartender, to see who will make the first move.

Posted by: Kradedis Nov 6 2006, 04:24 PM
OOC: Work is sucking the life out of me right now...but I have a day off on Wednesday, and I think that will be perfect to start round one of the blaster fight that is about to begin at the bar...Happy day...see you all there. smile.gif

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Nov 8 2006, 10:35 AM
Ah...the sweet anticipation... 04.gif

Posted by: Kradedis Nov 8 2006, 02:48 PM
QUOTE
"THERE you are?! What the heck are you doing? I thought we were going to stick to the plan..."

Looking at the Rodian who appears to be getting quite trigger-happy, Xavier stands straight and says, "Pardon my brother here. He and I had been talking about trying to gain employment here; it's one of the better-looking establishments we've come across." He looks over at Seth and continues talking to Masko. "I told him we should just observe carefully how you handle the joint, because that says a lot about the overall atmosphere." Xavier gestures at Masko's goons, a sweep of his arm that takes in the entire room. "Other than my impetuous brother here, you've got this place locked down pretty well. That tells me you're a boss who runs a tight ship. You have a plan, and you expect your men to execute it." He nods. "That speaks highly of you and the owner. He obviously knows how to hire the right people." Pointedly not extending his hand, but relaxing his posture just slightly, into what would be an easy but defensible stance, he says, "My name is Xavier. I apologize for my brother's strange behavior... but sometimes, when he gets ultra-observant, he almost goes into a kind of trance. If something piques his curiosity, he just zones out sometimes. I know it had to be kinda weird, having him go out like that on you. Believe me, I've been seeing it forever, and it still wigs me out."

Grabbing Seth by the arm and steering him toward the front door, he adds, "He might seem off to you, but he's a good man in a fight. I really would like the opportunity to at least be considered for a job. Would you happen to have anything available?" he asked, letting just the right amount of hopefulness creep into his voice, hoping it would quash the Rodian's temper long enough for them to at least get out of this one...


Masko: Awoh...you know thith guy? Thank the thtarth above. Thith guy wath about to be tore up from the floor up...beat up from the feet up...I don't want any breakage in thith plathe...tho get him out of here. He'th thtarting to wear on me. If you want to thee about a job here though, thinth you theem to be in the thame line of work of hurting people ath your brother...athk him about it. He'll explain it to you...and then completing that will inthure that you might gain membership here...no guaranteeth, but you'll gain favor and be on your way to getting up there (points up at the restricted area). Bathically though...I need thomeone to pay up for protecthun. Your brother hath the detailth.

"What are you trying to do, kill your customers? These things are horrible! You'd figure a place as classy as this would at least have fresh kohoko nuts! I have a mind to blast you for this! In fact...I may just do so!"

Masko: What in the hell ith that dinguth doing over there? (to himself...or possibly even to Xavier and Seth)

Narrator: They were fighting words...regardless of the intent...distraction, drunkeness, it had to be taken seriously...and that is exactly what the droid bartender did...he dropped to the floor. Everyone in the place looked over at commotion coming from the bar...and as soon as "I have a mind to blast you for this" was uttered, most of the patrons began looking for cover. At "I may just do so"...the Gamorreans in the place powered up their vibroaxes and watched for what was coming next.

Masko: Don't thoot at the bar! (said as the Rodian guards around him and all around the place begin un-clicking safeties and drawing their blaster pistols. The closest Gamorrean (#5) stood ready to charge into Dughom-Cin with a heavy vibro-axe should he jerk his weapon and begin firing.

user posted image

OOC: They haven't started firing yet, and there is still may be a chance to calm things down...all of that will go out the window after the first action. Declare what you're all going to do.

Posted by: jamfke Nov 8 2006, 09:39 PM
Dughom-Cin pivots toward Masko, "Are you the owner of this place?" He picks up the dish of nuts and tosses them on the floor in his direction, "You want to have some respect? Get some nuts worth having!"


Posted by: Kradedis Nov 9 2006, 05:55 PM
Narrator: Masko watches the plate shatter on the floor...All the blasters in the room are pointed at Dughom-Cin...while eyes of the Gamorreans watch both of the brothers.

Masko: Not the owner chuto...I'm jutht here to take out the thrath...Thatth you right now chuto...You want to die over thome freking nutth? Pretty thtupid of you chuto...Why don't you take a walk on out of here or we'll carry you out...Take your twin with you. No one wantth to come to a thlaughter houth...but I can turn thith plathe into the freking wild bunch if I want to. I'll count to three for you to make up your mind...One...Two...

Narrator: The Gamorreans are big...three of them stand ready with vibro-axes all within rushing distance of Dughom-Cin. He might get one shot off before being swung at from two other angles and having to dodge blaster fire the whole while....Dughom-Ber's odds were a little better, provided that Masko's brutality was all hype and he was just a punk...odds were though, that wasn't the case. The other hunters watch...waiting for everyone to make their plays.

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Nov 10 2006, 10:22 AM
Xavier shifts almost imperceptibly into an easily defensive stance. His hand moves to the grip of his blaster, which he loosens in its holster. Noting that he's just a tad bit too close to the bouncers if the shots start flying, he deftly grabs Seth's arm and steers him out of the line of fire.

Hopefully the Gamorreans don't quite catch on to the fact that he's just moved Seth and himself into a perfect position to fire on either them OR Masko, should it come to that.

(OOC- Basically Xavier crossed behind Masko and pulled Seth by the arm a little more toward the top of the map. They're now far enough out of the line of fire that they can still see the brothers, and will hopefully appear to be setting themselves out of the bouncers' line of fire, with good lines for themselves if they want to get in the firefight. In reality, though, Xavier is simply looking to be able to provide a nasty surprise if things start going bad...)

Posted by: Kradedis Nov 10 2006, 03:40 PM
OOC: Okay, Xavier moved...with Seth. Where are you guys exactly on the map? Example: Masko is standing in 54 Horizontal, 30 Vertical.

Posted by: jamfke Nov 10 2006, 04:06 PM
(OOC-I suppose I've moved out to 18 H, 46 V.)

Posted by: Kradedis Nov 11 2006, 12:24 PM
QUOTE
Dughom-Cin pivots toward Masko, "Are you the owner of this place?" He picks up the dish of nuts and tosses them on the floor in his direction, "You want to have some respect? Get some nuts worth having!"


Pivoting isn't the same as moving three meters away from the bar and then picking up a dish of nuts to toss them off the bar. I think I'll keep you in the same place...the same place where you began talking trash. smile.gif Which just happens to be where three large guys are waiting to hack you down.

Please everyone...you have got to understand there is a better approach than frontal assault...in well, just about every situation.

Two choices...either leave...or prepare to be hurt very badly.

Posted by: jamfke Nov 11 2006, 08:05 PM
Well, I had assumed that I would have taken a few steps forward. Guess I should have said so...

Posted by: Kradedis Nov 12 2006, 01:35 PM
OOC: Perhaps you did move a few feet...just not six meters like you requested. Are you guys leaving, or are you going to let them go first?

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Nov 12 2006, 07:01 PM
(OOC- I personally think this is not 'the time' to take these guys out. We've gathered a little intel, and there's now a chance for us to get one or two of us planted on the inside, which might help matters-especially since Xavier's a slicer. Perhaps the bravado should be saved for a revisit to this...establishment. We can regroup somewhere around the corner, after we've insured we're not followed (after leaving separately, of course...), take care of this 'proof' Xavier and Seth need to come up with in order to have a shot at getting on the inside, and go from there.

Any thoughts?)

Posted by: jamfke Nov 12 2006, 07:37 PM
Noting the reaction of the guards, Dughom-Cin sneers at Masko, "Well, trash man, you need to clear out the larder, and while you're at it, that barkeep needs to go to the scrap heap as well."

With that, he turns toward the door and storms out.

Posted by: Orgaloth Nov 14 2006, 04:44 AM
Dughom-Ber watches his brother as he leaves.

I'll join you in a moment

Dughom-Ber watches to see if the guards relax any. He finishes his drink, grabs a handful of nuts, and casually walks out after his brother, munching on the nuts.

"I don't know what he's on about. They seem fresh to me."

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Dec 19 2006, 10:59 AM
Xavier surreptitiously looks around the room, noting the positions of everyone present-especially any innocent bystanders. It wouldn't do well for his attempt to gain access to the club if they started shooting up the patrons...

Powered by Invision Power Board (http://www.invisionboard.com)
© Invision Power Services (http://www.invisionpower.com)