Printable Version of Topic
Click here to view this topic in its original format
Role Players Direct > AD&D 2nd Ed. | The Dark Chalice > AD&D: The Dark Chalice


Posted by: jamfke Feb 1 2006, 11:32 PM
A heavy mist settles low in Glenn Haven, the largest forest in all Klamaitra. The summer sun, sinking low on the horizon, casts twinkling motes of light dancing lifelike through the heavy canopy of leaves.

Shaniqua pauses at a small brook and dips a handful of water. Crystal clear and sparkiling, the water is sweet on her tongue. Though used to being in a more urban setting, the elf in her couldn't stay away from the forest for long. And when she did come back to the forest, it was as if she'd never left.

A snapping twig alerted her to something approaching the brook.

Posted by: netjedi Feb 1 2006, 11:35 PM
Shaniqua takes a quick glance around her to see if she sees what is approaching or if there is a place to take cover.

Posted by: jamfke Feb 1 2006, 11:38 PM
She sees several shadowy spots available to a thief. Ducking into one of these, she watches quietly as a great buck steps gingerly into the small clearing she just vacated. After sniffing the air for a moment, he lowers his massively antlered head and begins drinking from the brook.

Posted by: Shaniqua Feb 1 2006, 11:42 PM
Shaniqua will watch and let the buck get its drink. She looks around to make sure nothing else is out there.

Posted by: jamfke Feb 1 2006, 11:45 PM
Satisfied, the buck raises his head and snorts. He slowly saunters back into the forest. Shaniqua smiles as he goes. Yet another instance that reminds her that she is home.

Then, off in the distance, somewhere to the West, she hears the sound of a woman screaming.

Posted by: Shaniqua Feb 1 2006, 11:47 PM
nocking an arrow she bolts in the direction of the screams. even though she is running, she will try and be as stealthful as possible.

Posted by: jamfke Feb 1 2006, 11:53 PM
Shaniqua nears the area where she heard the scream. Coming to a small clearing, through the dusky shadows, she sees a small opening in the side of a hillock. From inside, another scream, though muffled, is heard.

Posted by: Shaniqua Feb 1 2006, 11:54 PM
Shaniqua will make her way to the opening to see if she can scope what is happening inside without being seen.

Posted by: jamfke Feb 1 2006, 11:56 PM
Inside, she sees a dark path leading downwards into the earth. There is a tattered sandal lying on the ground by her foot.

Posted by: Shaniqua Feb 1 2006, 11:59 PM
Shaniqua will attempt to make her way into the dark path using the darkness to conceal her movement.

Posted by: jamfke Feb 2 2006, 12:03 AM
Through dense tangles of tree roots and piles of stones, she picks her way deeper into the tunnel. Travelling about twenty feet, the floor levels out and widens a bit. She sees a split in the passage ahead.

Posted by: Shaniqua Feb 2 2006, 12:06 AM
Shaniqua gets to the split and attempts to silence herself as much as possible and attempts to detect either visually or audibly which way the abductors & abductee went.

Posted by: jamfke Feb 2 2006, 12:07 AM
Another muffled scream is heard from the passage to her right.

Posted by: netjedi Feb 2 2006, 01:19 AM
Shaniqua heads off to her right to see if she can follow the noises, while keeping her presence hidden.

Posted by: jamfke Feb 2 2006, 01:22 AM
Shaniqua moves stealthily down the passage. As she nears another bend, she hears a gargling voice speaking in a language she cannot understand.

Posted by: Shaniqua Feb 2 2006, 02:02 PM
Shaniqua will attempt to peek around to see what is there without being detected.

Posted by: jamfke Feb 2 2006, 04:38 PM
As she leans around the corner, her foot slips, ever-so-slightly, on a scum covered rock. In the attempt to catch her balance, her bow clacks against the stone wall before her. She gets a glimpse of two 3-foot tall creatures resembling walking rats with tiny horns. They each wear tattered clothing and miss-matched bits of armor. They are carrying a young woman or girl bound to a pole.

At the noise, the two creatures shriek and begin trotting further down the tunnel as quickly as possible.

Posted by: netjedi Feb 2 2006, 10:44 PM
She will attempt to shoot the rear one with the arrow she has nocked.

Posted by: jamfke Feb 2 2006, 11:05 PM
The creature bellows in pain as the arrow sinks deeply into its back. The lead creature feels the weight of the young girl bear heavily on him as his partner sinks to the floor, dead. The first one turns and sees Shaniqua readying another shot, drops his end of the pole and flees down the tunnel.

Posted by: netjedi Feb 2 2006, 11:25 PM
Shaniqua will let loose the second arrow hoping it will find purchase on the little bugger.

Posted by: jamfke Feb 2 2006, 11:36 PM
The arrow ricochets off the ceiling of the tunnel and sinks into the earthen floor. The creature runs screaming out of sight.

Posted by: netjedi Feb 2 2006, 11:39 PM
Shaniqua will go and check on the person tied to the pole. If she is fine she will cut her free and attempt to retrieve her two arrows. She will also check the body to see if anything valuable or useful is on it.

(OOC Kobolds?)

Posted by: jamfke Feb 2 2006, 11:43 PM
Shaniqua moves slowly towards the writhing girl and kneels beside her. She draws a knife and begins cutting away the ropes binding the girl to the pole. The girl begins to scream through her gag as she cannot see in the darkness, she is afraid.

(OOC-yup.)

Posted by: netjedi Feb 2 2006, 11:46 PM
covering the girls mouth and in a hushed tone by the girls ear Shaniqua says the following in common
"Settle down and be quiet, you will attract more of them. hold on to me and we will get out of here momentarily. if you understand me nod."

Posted by: jamfke Feb 2 2006, 11:50 PM
The high pitched whine, though muffled, seems to almost echo throughout the tunnel to Shaniqua's ears. Finally she nods.

Posted by: netjedi Feb 2 2006, 11:56 PM
Shaniqua loosens her grip from the girls mouth and places the girls hand on her belt.
"now follow me around there are a couple of loose ends I need to tie up here and we will be gone in two shakes of a Satyr's tale"

Posted by: jamfke Feb 2 2006, 11:57 PM
The girl clings tightly to Shaniqua's belt while moving around the tunnel.

Posted by: jamfke Feb 3 2006, 12:04 AM
As Shaniqua begins gathering her arrows and searching the dead creature, scrambling noises begin echoing from further down the tunnel.

Posted by: netjedi Feb 3 2006, 12:07 AM
to the girl
"quiet and follow, we are out of here"

(am I able to discern or approximate how many are returning?)

Posted by: jamfke Feb 3 2006, 12:13 AM
Shaniqua begins dragging the girl behind her as she heads towards the tunnel exit. Behind her, over the girls squealing, she can make out maybe a half dozen or more of the creatures charging up the tunnel.

Posted by: netjedi Feb 3 2006, 12:17 AM
Once outside Shaniqua will look for a defensible position and get ready with her bow, so she can pick off as many as possible before they close into melee combat.

Posted by: jamfke Feb 3 2006, 12:28 AM
Shaniqua finds a suitable copse of trees to fire from. The girl ducks down behind her, still screaming. Two of the creatures emerge from the opening looking in every direction before spotting her.

Posted by: netjedi Feb 3 2006, 12:29 AM
Shaniqua hopes her aim is as true as it was on her first shot and fires at the left most target.

Posted by: jamfke Feb 3 2006, 12:32 AM
Alas, hopes die young. Shaniqua's arrow whistles just past the creature's ear and slams into the mound of earth behind it.

The two beasts charge her position with raised short swords.

Posted by: netjedi Feb 3 2006, 12:34 AM
Shaniqua nocks another arrow hoping there is enough distance for her to get another shot. if she deems them too close she will drop the bow in favor of her trusty blade.

Posted by: jamfke Feb 3 2006, 12:37 AM
Shaniqua lets loose another shaft that thuds through the first creature's chest, jerking it off its feet and sprawling it on the ground, never to rise again. The second creature stops and turns as if to run until it spots three more of its fellows emerge from the tunnel.

Posted by: netjedi Feb 3 2006, 12:39 AM
Noticing the second one stopped, she will shoot at that one next.

Posted by: jamfke Feb 3 2006, 12:48 AM
The second creature, envigorated by the sight of his companions turns to charge, only to be met with another arrow. As it sinks to its knees in death, the others trample him underfoot as they close with Shaniqua, rendering her bow useless.

Posted by: netjedi Feb 3 2006, 12:49 AM
Shaniqua meets them head on with steel as she unleashed her blades fury upon them hoping her resolve is better than theirs.

Posted by: jamfke Feb 3 2006, 12:58 AM
The creatues swarm Shaniqua, blades flashing visciously in the moonlit night. Their blades clash, Shaniqua's attack is parried by one of the creatures, while she deftly bats aside two of theirs.

The third creature hits home with its blade cutting deeply into Shaniqua's stomach. Over the creature's shoulders, she sees three more creatures coming from the tunnel.

(OOC-Critical hit, Shaniqua takes 6 points of damage.)

Posted by: netjedi Feb 3 2006, 01:02 AM
Shaniqua yells out "Run"
and proceeds to go defensive as she attempts to back up from the swarm of ratlings.

Posted by: jamfke Feb 3 2006, 01:07 AM
Her back against the trees she'd just used as cover, Shaniqua makes her stand. Behind her, the girl screams in terror and doesn't move.

Shaniqua swings her blade and catches one of the rat-like beings squarely on the head, cleaving it in two.

One of its companions jumps and wraps its arms around her sword arm to keep her from using it.

The other creature stabs its sword toward her bleeding middle. The blade finds no purchase, however.

Posted by: netjedi Feb 3 2006, 01:12 AM
Shaniqua continues to back up as she attempts to foil the little buggers plans of having her for dinner.

Posted by: jamfke Feb 3 2006, 01:17 AM
As she presses herself against the trees, she feels her shoulder slide between them. The creature latched to her sword arm attempts to bite her shoulder and breaks its tooth on her cloak brooch. It howls in pain and drops to the ground.

Two others swing as she retreats. With her sword arm free, she bats away their weapons easily.

The young girl lies wimpering on the ground at her feet as the little creatures make an attempt to penetrate the trees.

Posted by: netjedi Feb 3 2006, 01:19 AM
Shaniqua attempts to make her stand here to defend the girl.

"Did you not hear me, I said RUN!"

Posted by: jamfke Feb 3 2006, 10:05 PM
Rarek hears a young woman's voice followed by another's piercing scream of panic. He stops his attempt to light his cooking fire and listens. The sounds of kobolds on the attack coming from the same direction.

Posted by: Darth Windu Feb 3 2006, 10:09 PM
Rarek quickly picks up his bow, stringing it and nocking an arrow. He pats his hatchet, secured in his belt. He follows the sounds, looking around for any sign of Kobolds or a woman.

Posted by: jamfke Feb 3 2006, 10:13 PM
Two hundred yards away from his campsite, he spots a small cave entrance. Kobolds filing out of it on a mad charge at a small group of trees. Inside the trees, he sees what looks like a small human batting away the kobold's attacks while holding his or her stomach. Another small human lies on the ground behind the other, screaming in fear.

Posted by: Darth Windu Feb 3 2006, 10:15 PM
He bends his bow back far, the muscles in his arms bulging. He releases the arrow at the nearest Kobold, willing the arrow to fly true.

Posted by: jamfke Feb 3 2006, 10:19 PM
Rarek looses his arrow, unfortunately, in the waning light, he mis-judges his shot and it ricochets off a branch and clatters to the ground 10 feet from the target.

Three of the kobolds see him and turn towards him to attack.

Posted by: Darth Windu Feb 3 2006, 10:22 PM
Rarek curses and nockes another arrow, firing it quickly at one of the charging Kobolds.

Posted by: jamfke Feb 3 2006, 10:24 PM
His second shot flies true, so true and forcefully, that it penetrates the skull of his target, and burries itself in the chest of his fellow behind him.

The third kobold stops in his tracks, shrieks and then turns back towards its hole.

Posted by: netjedi Feb 3 2006, 11:33 PM
Seeing that several of the little ratlings are running off and now only being faced by the two right at her feet Shaniqua redoubles her efforts to finish them off.

Posted by: jamfke Feb 3 2006, 11:38 PM
Shaiqua easily parries two more lunges, then she swipes hard at one of her assailants. It's head pops neatly from its shoulders.

The other, covered in its fellow's blood, and seeing its head roll past his feet shrieks and turns to run towards the tunnel, knocking down two others that were approaching, and reaching the entrance at the same time as another trying to flee. Both claw and bite at each other as they try to get in first.

Near a brook, Drago hears fighting from the West.

Posted by: Orgaloth Feb 3 2006, 11:44 PM
Hearing the chance for a good fight, Drago charges headlong toward the battle, only moving out of the road of large trees, A mighty roar erupting from his throat.

Posted by: netjedi Feb 3 2006, 11:53 PM
"What in the seven hells is that!"
She prepares for a new threat

Posted by: jamfke Feb 4 2006, 12:00 AM
A pumping, wild eyed dwarf charges into the area out of nowhere waving a battleaxe. A human male comes from the other direction holding a drawn and ready longbow.

He steps towards Shaniqua, "Are you alright?"

Posted by: netjedi Feb 4 2006, 12:05 AM
"Does it look like I am alright? one of those things cut me deep with its little blade. But I will live. check the girl first please, that is if you are here to help. if you are not I am wounded and like a bear when it is wounded, that is when I am most dangerous."

Posted by: Orgaloth Feb 4 2006, 12:05 AM
The dwarf looks around for something to fight, he overlooks the humans and the elf. Seeing the Kobold corpses, he starts spinning looking for where more are or could be.

Posted by: netjedi Feb 4 2006, 12:06 AM
to the dwarf
"in the cave!"

Posted by: jamfke Feb 4 2006, 12:08 AM
QUOTE (netjedi @ Feb 4 2006, 12:05 AM)
"Does it look like I am alright? one of those things cut me deep with its little blade. But I will live. check the girl first please, that is if you are here to help. if you are not I am wounded and like a bear when it is wounded, that is when I am most dangerous."

He lowers his bow, "I am here to help. You look to be hurt very badly. Let me see."

Posted by: jamfke Feb 4 2006, 12:10 AM
QUOTE (Orgaloth @ Feb 4 2006, 12:05 AM)
The dwarf looks around for something to fight, he overlooks the humans and the elf. Seeing the Kobold corpses, he starts spinning looking for where more are or could be.

Drago sees two of the disgusting kobolds scrambling with each other, trying to get inside the tunnel.

Posted by: Orgaloth Feb 4 2006, 12:11 AM
He starts to charge toward the cave when he skids to a halt. He rounds on the elf and humans,

"Ain't ye commin'? Ye canna let 'em git deir defences op. Dey'll, jus' come back in greater numbers."

Posted by: jamfke Feb 4 2006, 12:13 AM
The human turns towards the Dwarf, "Let them go, they won't be back any time soon. She is hurt, come help me, Priest."

Posted by: Orgaloth Feb 4 2006, 12:21 AM
"Ye bunch o' pansey's. Tis, but a flesh wound."

The Dwarf passes his hand over the wound,

"Canna believe I'ma doin' dis."

Once he's done,

"Now cannea we fite de kobolds?"

Posted by: jamfke Feb 4 2006, 12:29 AM
Shaniqua feels a warm tingling sensation as her wound begins to heal immediately under the dwarf's touch.

She looks down at her stomach and wipes away some blood to see the wound is closed, "Thank you sir. Really though, I think we should get this girl away from here, she's cold and most likely hungry."

Posted by: Orgaloth Feb 4 2006, 12:32 AM
"Arr, giv it a drink o' dis den."

Drago holds out one of his flasks

Posted by: jamfke Feb 4 2006, 12:35 AM
Shaniqua sniffs the flask, "WHEW, uh, no thanks, we'll get her a drink from the brook."

The human nods, "Come on, there's a little village not far from here. Maybe that's where she's from."

Posted by: Orgaloth Feb 4 2006, 12:37 AM
"Butte de kobolds?"

He watches as they get ready to move off,

"Arr someone 'ad betta keep ye outta trouble. I'ma commin' too den."

Posted by: jamfke Feb 4 2006, 11:45 PM
The unlikely band makes their way through the forest in the moonlight until they reach the edge where they can see several hovels clustered together, surrounded by freshly tilled earth and fenced in areas where cattle and sheep are huddled together for the night.

The young girl, clinging to Shaniqua, seems to get a little excited when she sees the village.

Posted by: Orgaloth Feb 4 2006, 11:48 PM
Seeing the excitment in the girl,

"Yer be thinkin' dis is where it be from, eh?"

Posted by: netjedi Feb 4 2006, 11:49 PM
"looks like she is home"

to the girl
"Which way to your home little one"

Posted by: jamfke Feb 4 2006, 11:49 PM
The human looks at the girl, "It would appear so."

Posted by: jamfke Feb 4 2006, 11:50 PM
The girl squirms away from Shaniqua and begins to run towards the village, then stops and looks back. She runs back to Shaniqua and grabs her by the hand, pulling her towards one of the hovels.

Posted by: netjedi Feb 4 2006, 11:52 PM
"guess it's this way"

Posted by: Orgaloth Feb 4 2006, 11:55 PM
"hehehe. It thinks it has a pet elf. hehehe"

There's genuine humour in Drago's laugh.

Posted by: jamfke Feb 4 2006, 11:55 PM
The young one leads the trio to a modestly built home where there is a flicker of a hearth fire seen through one of the shuttered windows.

She drops Shaniqua's hand and bursts in through the door, and then a wailing sound of a woman torn between joy and pain erupts from within.

Posted by: netjedi Feb 4 2006, 11:59 PM
not paying attention to the obvious humorous intent by the dwarf. Shaniqua shoots back a dagger like stair at the dwarf
"Well at least I would be a domesticated pet and not just a beast of burden like others around here."

Posted by: jamfke Feb 5 2006, 12:01 AM
The human steps forward and touches Shaniqua on the shoulder, "I don't think I caught your name earlier, my name is Rarek."

Behind him, the dwarf begins blustering but doesn't interfere.

Posted by: netjedi Feb 5 2006, 12:03 AM
"Shaniqua"

looks at the dwarf
"Apologies dwarf, you healed me and I treated you in poor regard just then. I am grateful to have met you when you came along."

Posted by: jamfke Feb 5 2006, 12:07 AM
Rarek smiles, "Shaniqua, beautiful name." He turns towards the dwarf, "And you friend?"

The dwarf grumbles a bit before answering, "Me name's Drago, Champion of Clan WarAxe."

Posted by: netjedi Feb 5 2006, 12:09 AM
"Well a Champion, that is practically royalty."

Shaniqua performs a fancy bow at the dwarf

Posted by: Orgaloth Feb 5 2006, 08:06 PM
Drago just stares at the elf doing it's silly bow, then he just raises his axe and taps it on his helmeted forhead,

"Well met, point ears"

He gives the elf a wink, then a grin slowly spreads across his face.

"Hehe, You're funny, Shaniqua. Nah, I'mmae na royalty, butte, I'mmae held in regard. So wha' brings an elf an' a 'uman together? Were it de Kobolds?"

Posted by: Darth Windu Feb 5 2006, 08:10 PM
"I saw Shanquia here fighting off some Kobolds, naturally, I helped her and we scared or killed the rest of the rats,"

Posted by: Orgaloth Feb 5 2006, 08:13 PM
"Nay, yeh jus' killed de entrance guard. Dere be a nest of de critters. Dey're smarter den dey look."

Posted by: jamfke Feb 5 2006, 10:22 PM
A middle-aged human exits the hovel holding up his trousers and carrying a candle. Squinting through the darkness, he focuses on the trio.

"You are the folk what brought back me Yuanna?"

Posted by: Orgaloth Feb 6 2006, 05:55 AM
"If ye mean de sprout, she were de one dat lead us here."

Posted by: netjedi Feb 6 2006, 01:59 PM
"Yes sir, the dwarf is correct. It was the girl that led us back to her home. we were only escorting her back after her ordeal with the Kobolds. The fields around here are not a safe place for a young girl to be vernturing out."

Posted by: jamfke Feb 6 2006, 03:53 PM
The man smiles, "No, you're right, it's nigh a place for a wee child such as Yuanna. Though we have to have her workin' alongside us ifin we want to get the crop to market."

He thinks for a moment, "Please, come inside! Me wife'll fix you up somtin' nice for supper! We can't offer ya much, but it's the least we can do fer bringin' our daughter home."

Posted by: Orgaloth Feb 6 2006, 08:01 PM
"Nay, good 'uman. Ye food is ye own. I'da nay think of takin' food form ye mouth. We be simply goin', unless ye 'ave a barn we can be sleepin' in fer de night?"

Posted by: jamfke Feb 6 2006, 08:04 PM
The man's wife steps out cradling the young girl in her arms, "Barn? Heavens no, NO! You'll be stayin' wit us!"

Her husband nods and smiles, "That's fer sure! You three step inside, and I'll go and get some dinner! You'll stay the night wit us and in the morn, I'll take yas to the elders."

Posted by: netjedi Feb 6 2006, 08:58 PM
"your generosity is most welcome sir. Do not go through any trouble for food though, My short friend here is right, your food is your own. Water to drink and fill my skins will suffice for me, since you will beproviding a place for us to dwell for the evening."

Posted by: jamfke Feb 6 2006, 09:06 PM
The fellow nods, "Aright, aright, then inside with the lot o ye! Come on!"

Inside, the house is warm and rather cozy. The light from the fire and candle heighten the hominess of the place. The furnishings and appointments are modest, but sturdy nonetheless.

Drago finds a nice comfy chair next to the hearth, and the woman of the house pull chairs out for Shaniqua and Rarek at a small table.

Posted by: netjedi Feb 6 2006, 09:14 PM
"So what kinds of crops do you grow around here?"

Shaniqua starts to take an inventory of how many arrows she has left

"Are there any other creatures we should be aware of that call these lands home?"

Posted by: Orgaloth Feb 6 2006, 09:20 PM
Drago kicks his boots off, hangs his shield on the chair, and removes his chainmail shirt. He then sits with his feet toward the fire,

"Ahh. Would it be askin' too much fer a mug? I 'ave some fine dwarven ale, if ye wanna bit."

Posted by: jamfke Feb 6 2006, 09:33 PM
The farmer's wife puts her daughter in a small bed near the hearth then quickly shuffles to the cupboards to find Drago a mug. She returns just as quickly and smiles as she proffers it to him.

The farmer smiles at Shaniqua, "Well, we grows mostly potatoes, as that's all the rocky soil around these parts will allow. There be a few other crops we could grow here, but the market wouldna sustain us fer tryin'."

He steps over to the mantle and picks up a stained leather pouch and unrolls it, producing a briar pipe which he smoothly packs with the rich looking tobaco held within the pouch.

While packing it with one finger, he offers the pouch to Drago and continues, "As fer what else lurks in these woods, the greatest threat we be facin' is the goblins of Thorn Bottom."

Posted by: netjedi Feb 6 2006, 09:35 PM
"Goblins, well. If it is alright form me to ask. how often do the goblins and kobolds interfere with the ability of your village to raise their crops and take them to market?"

Posted by: jamfke Feb 6 2006, 09:45 PM
The farmer reaches into the fire and grabs a smoldering twig to light his pipe.

"Well," puff, puff, "the ting is," puff, puff, "the kobolds only come around ever so often," puff, "but the goblins, well, they're more likely to simply come right in and steal me pipe right from me teeth!"

Posted by: Orgaloth Feb 6 2006, 09:48 PM
Drago takes the pouch, and pulls out his own pipe. He too proceeds to pack it,

"Ahh thank ye. Now Goblins. Dem is fun in a fight. Better sport den Kobolds. Where be dis Thorn Bottom? I'mma thinkin' dat de Goblins could do with a good preistly visit."

Drago pats his axe as he says this. He then leans forward and takes a burning twig from the fire and lites his pipe.

Posted by: netjedi Feb 6 2006, 09:53 PM
"Seems you and I are thinking along the same thoughts. I along with my new friends here might be able to assist inthe goblin problem for a fee."

Posted by: jamfke Feb 6 2006, 09:58 PM
Puff, puff, "Well, you'll be havin' to talk to the elder about a fee. As for the whereabouts of Thorn Bottom, it's a gulch about a half a days jaunt East of here. They inhabit the ruins of Melkendor, what used to be a Barony I've been told." Puff.

Posted by: Orgaloth Feb 6 2006, 09:59 PM
"I'd be 'appy ta do it fer some food and whatever loot we find in dere den. Maybe a couple o' nights rest in a bed too."

Posted by: netjedi Feb 6 2006, 10:00 PM
"Well would it be possible to meet with the elder after sun up? Obviously I would not want to take all the coin your village has, I am sure we can reach a mutually beneficial number."

Posted by: jamfke Feb 6 2006, 10:14 PM
The farmer smiles, Puff, puff, "Certainly! After sun up it is! I'll be sure ta have your breakfast ready and waitin', puff, puff."

Posted by: Orgaloth Feb 6 2006, 10:23 PM
"Why don't ye git some rest? I'll make sure nay goblins steal ye pipe. Ye should git some rest to Elf. Dat were a nasty scratch ye took earlier."

Drago pours out some ale, and sits there watching the fire, puffing away on his pipe.

Posted by: netjedi Feb 7 2006, 04:49 AM
to the Dwarf
"Aye, it was."

To the farmer
"Thank you again for your hospitality. I shall retire."

Posted by: jamfke Feb 7 2006, 09:43 PM
Upon the cock crow, the trio arises and the farmer and his wife are already busily at work preparing a grand feast for breakfast. Grand by their means, anyway.

Eggs, chicken, and some fried potatoes round out the repast.

Once the meal is finished, the farmer and his wife and daughter lead the troupe to the house of the village elder, Tolin.

The old man welcomes them into his home and offers each some fine herbal tea which the farmer's wife gladly assists in doling out.

Once everyone is settled, the tale of Yuanna's rescue is told and Tolin takes it all in quietly.

After a moment of reflection, he asks, "So, you are adventurers then?"

Posted by: netjedi Feb 7 2006, 09:55 PM
to the Elder
"Yes sir."

Posted by: jamfke Feb 7 2006, 10:02 PM
The old human smiles, "Ah, it has been a long time for me. I too was once a great adventurer. Alas, time stands still for no one, not even you friend elf! Slower for you maybe, but never will it stop. Well, I suppose Henrik here told you about some of our problems, eh?"

Posted by: netjedi Feb 7 2006, 10:09 PM
"if by problems you are referring to the Goblins, then yes he has."

Posted by: jamfke Feb 7 2006, 10:34 PM
The old man smiles, "Then you'll help us? We don't have much to pay you with, our meager earnings from our crop sales is barely enough to meet our own needs, but we can scrape together something."

He suddenly seems to get an idea, "Oh, but I've forgotten! There may be something you might be interested in. Well, you and this young fellow at least," he nods towards Rarek, "I too was an archer in my day, a fair one too, but again, time always catches up!"

He gets up and shuffles over to an old trunk at the foot of his bed. He lifts the lid and begins rummaging through its contents. He extracts a rather fine looking quiver of arrows and brings them to Shaniqua. She can see ancient elven runes stitched into the supple leather case.

"This was my pride and joy. It was given to me by one of your kinfolk, perhaps not of your village. His name was Ollwin, a brave warrior that stood with me at the battle of Gorr. He fell there, like so many of my friends," he seems to drift off into his memories for a moment.

Posted by: netjedi Feb 7 2006, 10:40 PM
"I am certain we can come up with a mutually beneficial arrangement. That is a fine Quiver of arrows, are you certain you are willing to part with it? It seems like an awefully dear item for you. I am certain that we (she looks at the human and the dwarf) do not want to take from your village what they do not have. Do you make wine or ale here? possibly a trade of goods for services in conjunction with some coin? Gold and Silver are not the only things that drives us."

Posted by: jamfke Feb 7 2006, 10:51 PM
The old man snaps back to the present, "Oh! Well, the only thing we have of much value around here is potatoes. Besides, this quiver, while precious, would serve you much better than it will me gathering dust in an old trunk."

He hands the quiver to Shaniqua, "The quiver is enchanted. It never runs out of arrows. I'm afraid it only contains sheaf arrows for the long bow however. You must be careful not to get it torn, the fabric is hardy, but not indestructible. If it is damaged, then the magic will be lost."

Posted by: netjedi Feb 7 2006, 11:14 PM
"Thank you sir, it would be an honor to accept such a gift."

She looks at Drago and Rarek with a look of will this suffice for our services, before she continues.

Posted by: jamfke Feb 7 2006, 11:19 PM
Rarek nods. Drago sits up, "Weell, a spot of ale would be more ta me liking, but, I s'ppose it'll do fer da time bein'."

Posted by: netjedi Feb 7 2006, 11:23 PM
"Well Tolin, it appears we have an accord. Me and my friends here will work on taking care of the Goblin problem for you in exchange for this fine quiver."

Posted by: jamfke Feb 7 2006, 11:29 PM
The old man and the farmer and his family nearly jump for joy.

Tolin beams, "We don't know how active the creatures are by day, but as you know, they reside under the old ruins of Melkendor. They may sleep until dusk, but they are sure to have sentries posted."

Posted by: netjedi Feb 8 2006, 12:26 AM
"Very Well Tolin, We will head out tomorrow after mid sun to the goblin lair. We will spend the rest of today setting up our supplies and such and making sure our gear is at a level it needs to be for this adventure. Is there a fletcher in these parts? I will need some more flight arrows."

Posted by: jamfke Feb 8 2006, 12:29 AM
He grins, "Well, if you don't mind the ramblings of an old man, I can be of assistance in that!"

Posted by: netjedi Feb 8 2006, 12:43 AM
"Excellent. I never mind hearing good stories from good folk"

Posted by: Orgaloth Feb 8 2006, 08:25 PM
Whilst the elf gets her arrows fletched, Drago goes for a little wander around the village, until he arrives back at the farm house where they spent the night. Once there, he'll go inside and check to see if anyone is around. If the coast is clear, Drago places a gold and five silver on the mantle. He then grabs his gear, and heads outside and starts to clean and sharpen his weapons and polish his armour.

Posted by: jamfke Feb 8 2006, 11:23 PM
Rarek, Shaniqua, and Tolin spend the majority of the day working on flight arrows. Drago, finished polishing his armor and preparing his tools, settles down near a bonfire being tended by the farmer, Henrik.

Several of the villagers come out and join the celebration of the child, Yuanna's, return. A grand feast is shared by all, and the crowd is entertained by a few of the locals songs and music.

Posted by: jamfke Feb 9 2006, 10:05 PM
The next morning, our heroes awaken and prepare for the journey to Thorn Bottom gulch. The women of the village prepare the leftovers from last night's feast as rations for the next few days, and the farmers offer one of their best mules as a pack animal. They've included two casks of ale, one for the dwarf, and the other to be shared by Shaniqua and Rarek.

Posted by: netjedi Feb 9 2006, 10:24 PM
"Well Draco, I think you will not be thirsty during this trip."

Posted by: Orgaloth Feb 11 2006, 04:10 AM
"Aye, should last me at least two days."

Drago gives a hearty laugh as he leads the mule off

Posted by: jamfke Feb 11 2006, 07:17 AM
The trio begins there journey and makes their way towards the ruins of Melkendor using a crude map drawn on the back of a burlap sack. The closer they get to the gulch, the darker the sky appears to grow. The foliage begins to get scraggy and the ground rocky.

Finally, the reach the edge of the gulch, and see where it got its name. The entire area is covered in tangled masses of thorn bushes. In the distance, a crumbling tower can be seen poking up through the undergrowth. The journey is about to get sticky.

Posted by: Orgaloth Feb 11 2006, 07:45 PM
Drago starts humming a little tune as he walks. Unlike the Ranger and the Elf he's as noisey as maybe 3 humans.

Posted by: netjedi Feb 11 2006, 08:22 PM
Shaniqua will nock an arrow and distance herself from the dwarf and human by about 30 feet. she will try and move of fthe main road and as quietly as possible keeping her wits about her.

Posted by: jamfke Feb 11 2006, 08:30 PM
Shaniqua finds her movements to be very slow as she must pick her way through the dense brambles.

Rarek pulls out a hand axe and begins chopping away at the thorn bushes and looks to Drago, "You could help you know."

Posted by: Orgaloth Feb 11 2006, 09:02 PM
"Aye, I could"

Drago looks in the direction they're headed, hands the mules reins over to the ranger, then tries to charge headlong through the brush.

Posted by: netjedi Feb 11 2006, 09:07 PM
Shaniqua starts making her way back over to the group. she will say behind them about 20 feet and stay as close to the edge as possible to try and use it as cover.

Posted by: jamfke Feb 11 2006, 09:17 PM
As she nears the odd couple, Drago charges headlong into the bramble patch before him and stumbles back immediately amidst much cursing and spitting. He jumps up and down while pulling thorns from his hands and face. When he finally stops, he turns to find Rarek chuckling.

Shaniqua can see a single thorn sticking up from the dwarfs nose.

Posted by: Orgaloth Feb 11 2006, 09:20 PM
Drago shrugs his shoulders and draws two of his hand axes,

"Well it were worth a try."

He then proceeds to hack his way through the brambles.

Posted by: netjedi Feb 11 2006, 09:24 PM
as Shaniqua chuckles at the expense of the dwarf she pulls up her dark cloak and dons her hood. she will try to remain as sleek and agile as a cat while trailing her companions.

Posted by: jamfke Feb 11 2006, 09:38 PM
Rarek joins Drago in cutting a wide swath through the undergrowth. As they proceed into the gulch, Shaniqua notices that the brambles appear to be growing back together behind them.

Posted by: netjedi Feb 11 2006, 09:42 PM
"Rarek, Drago, these vines are cursed, they are growing back together behind us. keep an eye out for trouble, I do not like this."

She will try to stay back about 25 feet if possible and keep her eyes open and provide cover for them if anything decides to rear its head

Posted by: Orgaloth Feb 11 2006, 09:45 PM
Drago nods and redoubles his efforts,

"Da sooner I'mma outta dis wood da better. Prefere da underdark."

Posted by: jamfke Feb 11 2006, 09:45 PM
As Shaniqua falls back, she is pricked by the brambles that are definitely growing back together.

Posted by: netjedi Feb 11 2006, 09:55 PM
Shaniqua rethinks her strategy and decides she will move up closer to the team. she will keep what would be maximum safe distance so her field of vision and fire would be used at best benefit, while not getting eaten by the bloody branches.

Posted by: jamfke Feb 11 2006, 10:15 PM
Rarek and Drago hack away at the bushes. Shaniqua watches them like a hawk. Too closely perhaps as she is bitten on the ankle from behind.

Shaniqua lets out a blood curdling scream and falls to her knees.

(OOC-Shaniqua takes two points of damage.)

Posted by: Orgaloth Feb 11 2006, 10:20 PM
Drago spins to see what the elf is whinging about now.

Posted by: jamfke Feb 11 2006, 10:31 PM
He and Rarek turn to find her lying on her side and being dragged towards the brambles by her leg.

Posted by: Orgaloth Feb 11 2006, 10:34 PM
Drago hurls an Axe at the thing that has her leg, then charges forward, drawing his battleaxe.

Posted by: jamfke Feb 11 2006, 11:02 PM
The handaxe spirals into the scrub and hits something fleshy. With a squeal of pain, whatever had hold of Shaniqua slumps to the ground.

Rarek raises his hand axe, ready to throw it, when Drago goes charging madly into the bramble patch.

Once inside Drago sees several giant rats charging him.

Posted by: Orgaloth Feb 11 2006, 11:10 PM
Drago brings his battleaxe to bare,

"Come on ya, overgrown meese. I needa fur linein' onna me cloak."

He'll swing at the closest one.

Posted by: jamfke Feb 11 2006, 11:14 PM
Drago grips his battle axe and swings at the closest rat. As he steps in for the attack, one of the others lunges in quicly and bites him on the shin. Unfazed, he follows through with his swing and cleaves his target in half.

(OOC-Drago takes 2 points of damage.)

Posted by: Orgaloth Feb 11 2006, 11:23 PM
Drago now focuses on the one that just bit him. His other attack will be on any other remaining rats.

"Ye call dat an attack? Let me show ye 'ow it's done!"

Posted by: jamfke Feb 11 2006, 11:28 PM
Drago swings his axe like a hay rake back and forth, and with each swing he kills another rat.

Three more rush up to take the others place as Rarek steps up beside Drago.

Posted by: netjedi Feb 11 2006, 11:36 PM
Shaniqua will take aim with the bow and attempt to plunge an arrow into as many rats as she can.

Posted by: Orgaloth Feb 11 2006, 11:37 PM
"Decided ta join da fun, eh"

Drago keeps up his attacks

Posted by: netjedi Feb 11 2006, 11:38 PM
"a festival is not a festival unless there is an elf around"

Posted by: jamfke Feb 11 2006, 11:46 PM
Shaniqua's bow twangs and an arrow skewers a rat pinning it to the ground and killing it instantly.

Rarek splits another with a hefty blow from his hand axe.

Drago swings at another but the little bugger dives between his legs snapping at his ankle as it goes. Drago quickly jumps up as the rat's teeth clamp thin air.

Posted by: Orgaloth Feb 11 2006, 11:49 PM
Drago actually stops swinging his axe, and looks at the Elf,

"Wha' are ye on about? Wha' festival?"

He then goes back to slaughtering rats

Posted by: jamfke Feb 11 2006, 11:59 PM
As he steps forward to slash another rat, the last three of them scamper off into the thicker underbrush. As he turns around to go back to where they'd stopped clearing the path, he sees he's surrounded once again by the briars.

Rarek sighs and begins hacking his way to Shaniqua's side.

Posted by: Orgaloth Feb 12 2006, 12:06 AM
Drago retreives the axe that he threw, and then, useing hand axes, goes back to cuttin his way through.

Posted by: netjedi Feb 12 2006, 12:08 AM
Shaniqua looks at Rarek making his way to her and says
"I'll be fine, it is not mortal"

Posted by: jamfke Feb 12 2006, 12:10 AM
Rarek looks to be certain and winces at the sight, "You know, those things do carry disease."

Posted by: netjedi Feb 12 2006, 12:15 AM
"Drago, you seem priestly and all, can you check to see if we are infected with anything from those vermin?"

Posted by: Orgaloth Feb 12 2006, 12:18 AM
"I thought ye elves were immune ta disease."

Posted by: netjedi Feb 12 2006, 12:23 AM
"well to some, but we do have a natural resistance to charms and sleep hexes."

Posted by: Orgaloth Feb 12 2006, 12:29 AM
"Dis ain't really a good place ta do this. Wait till we git outta da brambles."

Posted by: netjedi Feb 12 2006, 04:16 AM
"as you wish"

Posted by: jamfke Feb 12 2006, 06:16 PM
The companions hack and slash their way through the brush till late in the afternoon and find themselves in the shadow of the lone tower of Melkendor. It is a drab and dreary looking pile of rubble. Vines grow through cracks and creep over moss covered flag stones. A scraggly tree rises up through the floor of what used to be a dining hall or perhaps a library.

The shadows grow longer as the trio gape at the ruins.

Posted by: Orgaloth Feb 12 2006, 06:46 PM
"Well dis is as gud a place as any. Lemme look at ye leg."

Drago tries to tell if it has been infected.

Posted by: jamfke Feb 12 2006, 06:50 PM
The wound is deep as the rat had some time to gnaw at her ankle, but there appears to be no infection.

Posted by: Orgaloth Feb 12 2006, 07:04 PM
QUOTE (jamfke @ Feb 12 2006, 07:50 PM)
The wound is deep as the rat had some time to gnaw at her ankle, but there appears to be no infection.

"Ahh der's nudding wrong wit ye. Now let's go kill sum goblins."

Drago hefts up his battleaxe and starts looking for an entrance to the underdark.

Posted by: netjedi Feb 12 2006, 10:08 PM
"Thank you Master Dwarf. Let me bandage it before we go forward."

Posted by: jamfke Feb 13 2006, 01:11 AM
Having all their wounds bound, the trio searches the ruins for a possible entrance to the underground. Drago is the first to discover an ancient trap door in the floor of the tower itself, cunningly hidden under an old rug tied to it so it would stay in place even when opened.

With a groaning creak, the door is lifted and a dusty set of stone stairs extends into the darkness below.

A flame flickers to life behind Shaniqua and Drago as they prepare to step into the opening. Turning, they find Rarek holding a lit torch and putting away his flint and steel.

"What? It's dark down there! I can't see in the dark!"

Posted by: netjedi Feb 13 2006, 03:27 PM
"Humans" and starts to nod in a no pattern

Shaniqua looks at the dwarf and the human

"I will bring up the rear"

Posted by: jamfke Feb 13 2006, 04:00 PM
The group makes their way down the dusty steps and into a tunnel wide enough to accomodate the three of them walking abreast. The walls, floors and ceilings are made of the same ages old flagstone as that in the ruins above.

Moving northward twenty feet into the tunnel, the travelers come to a junction. To the east, the corridor stretches approximately thirty feet and then turns again to the north. To the west, about twenty feet, and there is a door in the northern wall, ten feet more and the corridor turns north again.

Posted by: Orgaloth Feb 13 2006, 07:49 PM
Upon reaching the door, Drago places his helmeted head against it, listening for goblins, orcs, drow. Heck he listens for anything that he can kill.

Posted by: jamfke Feb 13 2006, 07:50 PM
The death like silence from the other side suggests that the room may be empty.

Posted by: Orgaloth Feb 13 2006, 07:54 PM
Drago carefully tries the door. If he finds it unlocked, he pushes it open, ready for any attack.

Posted by: jamfke Feb 13 2006, 08:01 PM
Drago tests the handle on the door, and it crumbles off in his hand. Any sort of trap mechanism would be long gone by now. Pushing on the door is an arduous task. The harder he pushes, the more the ancient wood creeks and moans.

Tiny pebbles and puffs of dust trickle down over Drago's shoulders as he continues to grunt and shove.

Rarek steps over, "Um, Drago? I think you should stop pushing!"

Posted by: Orgaloth Feb 13 2006, 08:06 PM
Drago looks up to see how well this wall is holding up teh ceiling.

"Aye, I donna think dat dere,s anyding on de uder side any ways."

He then takes up point again, just outside of the torch light.

Posted by: jamfke Feb 13 2006, 08:10 PM
Drago peeks around the corner of the western corridor looking northward down the tunnel. Piles of stone litter the floor and roots dangle from the ceiling here and there as far as he can see.

Thirty feet down this hall he sees another door on the eastern wall, and another twenty feet beyond that.

Rarek, being sure to keep the torch from disrupting Drago's site, leans down, "What do you see Drago?"

Posted by: Orgaloth Feb 13 2006, 08:40 PM
"Another door"

Drago goes down to check out this door too.

Posted by: Darth Windu Feb 13 2006, 08:46 PM
"Another door. Open it and we'll find more doors ,"

Posted by: jamfke Feb 13 2006, 09:10 PM
The trio moves quietly down the hallway, picking their way around rubble and roots. At the first door, Drago can hear scratching sounds from within.

Posted by: Orgaloth Feb 13 2006, 09:15 PM
Drago put his finger to his lips, to indicate to be quiet, and then carefully tries the door.

Posted by: jamfke Feb 13 2006, 09:24 PM
The door creaks inward. Through the darkness, Drago can see what appears to have been a larder. The 20 by 20 room has a row of casks along the far wall, all of them have burst at one point and spilled their contents to the floor. A shelf lies face down on the floor, one of its supports having been gnawed upon by some creature. In the corner of the room to his right, Drago sees something moving beneath a burlap sack that must have once contained flour or grain.

Posted by: Orgaloth Feb 13 2006, 09:49 PM
Drago sneaks into the room, as quietly as a dwarf can.

Posted by: jamfke Feb 13 2006, 09:51 PM
The movement continues as he tromps into the room.

Posted by: Orgaloth Feb 13 2006, 10:08 PM
Drago heads over to the sack and flips it off the creature under it.

Posted by: jamfke Feb 14 2006, 08:31 PM
Drago is met with a ball of fur surrounding a wide maw of pointy teeth. The creature is covered with black and grey fur, its muzzle is long and narrow, and its prehensile tail is hairless.

Posted by: Darth Windu Feb 14 2006, 08:37 PM
Rarek attacks the creature with his handaxe, grunting with effort.

Posted by: Orgaloth Feb 14 2006, 08:40 PM
Ignoring the creature, Drago does a quick search of the room looking for any trap doors, or hihhen panels.

Posted by: jamfke Feb 14 2006, 08:42 PM
As Drago turns, Rarek's hand axe slams down just past his ear. It hits the stone floor with a loud clatter and the creature rolls over on its back and stops moving.

Posted by: Orgaloth Feb 14 2006, 08:49 PM
Looking unimpressed by Rarek's attack,

"Ummm, it be a possum. I thought rangers liked critters?"

Posted by: netjedi Feb 14 2006, 10:56 PM
Shaniqua remains in the hallway trying to keep watch to make sure nothing sneaks up on the group.

Posted by: jamfke Feb 14 2006, 11:02 PM
Rarek looks down at the creature. "I didn't even hit it! Wait, that's an opposum!"

He reaches down and grabs it by the scruff of the neck, and it immediately begins hissing at him. He holds it before his face and mumbles to it softly and the creature calms down dramatically.

After petting it for a few moments, he sets it on the ground and shoos it away, "Go on, get out of here. You don't want to run into anything nasty!"

Shaniqua watches as the opposum waddles through the open doorway and heads up the corridor from the direction they had come.

Posted by: netjedi Feb 14 2006, 11:04 PM
Thinks to herself Dinner

then looks back into the room at Rarek better not, the Ranger might not like that

Posted by: Orgaloth Feb 14 2006, 11:11 PM
Drago takes up point again and heads off down the corridor.

Posted by: jamfke Feb 14 2006, 11:13 PM
The adventurers carry on and come to the next doorway.

Posted by: Orgaloth Feb 14 2006, 11:19 PM
Again Drago repeats what he has done on the other door ways. Listening then testing the door.

Posted by: jamfke Feb 14 2006, 11:43 PM
From within, Drago hears nothing. Testing the latch, he finds the door swings inward easily. Scanning the room, he finds it to be a servant's quarters. A rotted bed and a shattered wardrobe litter the floor.


Posted by: Orgaloth Feb 14 2006, 11:47 PM
Drago does a quick check of the room looking for any hidden entrances.

Posted by: jamfke Feb 14 2006, 11:55 PM
As he checks, he notices a peculiar glint coming from the midst of the broken shelving.

Posted by: Orgaloth Feb 15 2006, 12:06 AM
Moving carefullu over to the shelves, Drago uses his axe to flip it off the glinting thing.

Posted by: jamfke Feb 15 2006, 12:27 AM
Underneath, he finds a fancy looking garnet stone.

Posted by: Orgaloth Feb 15 2006, 12:33 AM
That fancy stone makes it's way into his pouch,

That'll be a good tribute.

Posted by: jamfke Feb 15 2006, 12:36 AM
As he reaches down to grab it, he finds himself tugging against something on his elbow.

"Uh, Drago, what are you doing?" asks Rarek.

Posted by: Orgaloth Feb 15 2006, 12:41 AM
"Wha? I were checkin' out dis stone."

Posted by: jamfke Feb 15 2006, 12:42 AM
Looking over his shoulder, Drago sees Rarek standing outside the door with Shaniqua.

Posted by: Orgaloth Feb 15 2006, 12:46 AM
Drago spins to see what has a hold on his sleeve.

Posted by: jamfke Feb 16 2006, 08:29 PM
Looking closely, it appears to be a stand of webbing as if from a large spider.

Posted by: Orgaloth Feb 16 2006, 08:34 PM
With his eyes, Drago follows the strand of webbing to it's end. As his head moves up, his eyes get wider and sweat breaks out on his forehead.

Posted by: jamfke Feb 17 2006, 02:15 AM
Descending rapidly towards him, Drago sees a cave fisher, critters he's seen countless times in the mines. As it drops, its pinchers snip menacingly at him.

Shaniqua sees the creature dropping towards Drago, she's just far enough away to get in a point blank shot with her bow.

Rarek can't see much of what's happening, his torch light is flickering from a gust of wind swirling through the corridor.

Posted by: Orgaloth Feb 17 2006, 05:00 AM
Drago's eyes go back to normal, and with some relief in his voice,

"Ahh it's just a Cave Fisher."

Drago will jump to try and hit the thing with his battleaxe.

Posted by: netjedi Feb 17 2006, 02:34 PM
Shaniqua lets loose with her arrow hoping to take out the little critter.

Posted by: jamfke Feb 17 2006, 04:32 PM
Drago jumps and swings just as Shaniqua looses her arrow. His head passes directly in line with her shot. As the dwarf swings his battleaxe, his helmet slumps down over his eyes and he misses his mark. Shaniqua's arrow misses Drago's head by an inch as he drops back to the floor and begins struggling with the helmet. It slices across the cave fisher's abdomen causing minimal damage.

The spider like thing begins reeling in its catch, Drago begins lifting off the floor rapidly. Once within biting distance the creature attempts to latch on, but Drago shifts just in time to avoid damage.

Posted by: netjedi Feb 17 2006, 04:51 PM
Shaniqua lets loose another arrow in an attempt to stop the bug from stealing her traveling partner.

"Hold on Drago"

Posted by: jamfke Feb 17 2006, 05:09 PM
As she fires, Drago takes another swipe with his axe. Shaniqua's arrow ricochets off Drago's helmet and splinters as it hits the ceiling.

Drago swings and hits the creature solidly in the abdomen. The blow cuts the creature in half and Drago plummets to the floor with a heavy thud. He begins clambering to his feet, gasping for air. Over his head, Shaniqua sees another of the creatures making ready to shoot its webbing at him.

Posted by: netjedi Feb 17 2006, 05:10 PM
"look out, another one above."
She draws her sword and attempts to swipe at it.

Posted by: jamfke Feb 17 2006, 05:21 PM
Shaniqua charges into the room and prepares to strike, the creature shifts its focus on the new threat and fires its webbing. The near invisible thread lashes itself about Shaniqua's sword arm and she is jerked from the ground as the cave fisher begins reeling her in.

Drago grips his battle axe and takes a swipe at the webbing. The transparency of the strand causes him to miscue his swing and he hits nothing but air. Shaniqua continues to rise towards the creature, her weapon useless as her wrist is wrapped tightly and locked into position.

Rarek steps into the room and drops his torch while pulling his hand axe from his belt.

"I can't see anything up there! What's going on?"

Drago barks, "She's a gin to be supper if'n we doesn't cut her free! Git over here an lift me oop ya silly human!"

Posted by: Zodiac Feb 17 2006, 06:26 PM
She had been walking in the these dark hallways, for many days, Having collected little trophy's here and there, from the little monsters she had managed to kill. She had sensed that maybe she wasn't the only one in these parts. But she just passed the shivers down her spin as the monster who watched her every move. She stopped. Was that voices she heard down the far end of the this dark and desolate hallway?....

Posted by: jamfke Feb 17 2006, 06:31 PM
The sounds of fighting follow Zoe's question.

Posted by: Zodiac Feb 17 2006, 07:07 PM
She ran down the hallway, She was excited about the fact that there might be another human being inside here, maybe she could travel with them? or him? or her?. She reached the door in which she thought she heard the fighting came from.

Posted by: jamfke Feb 17 2006, 07:37 PM
Zoe rounds the corner of the corridor and sees a torch lying in the floor in front of an open doorway. She slides to a halt as she gets there herself and sees a human male raring back to throw a hand axe towards an elf with a drawn sword flying above a dwarf holding a battleaxe.

Posted by: Zodiac Feb 17 2006, 07:46 PM
She couldn't help what she next, her voice thick with an accent (southern) "What do you think your doing!, Sir" She stepped futher into the room, She looked up to the elf and dwarf.

Posted by: Orgaloth Feb 17 2006, 07:50 PM
"Dinnea ye hear me, 'uman? Boost me up!"

Drago will let loose with his hand axes, until he can get in reach with his battleaxe.


Posted by: Darth Windu Feb 17 2006, 07:54 PM
Rarek runs forward, lacing his hands in a step for Drago to climb on.

Posted by: Orgaloth Feb 17 2006, 08:07 PM
Charging at Rarek, battleaxe out,

"Abot time!" he then tries to reach the Cave Fisher.

Posted by: jamfke Feb 17 2006, 08:13 PM
Zoe sees the dwarf bound from Rarek's stirruped hands and leap through the air towards the elf, swinging his axe above her. An audible pop is heard and as the dwarf lands easily on his feet, the elf falls from the air shaking her sword hand. Zoe can see that there is some sort of substance stuck to the elf's hand.

Posted by: Orgaloth Feb 17 2006, 08:19 PM
Shouting up to the Cave Fisher,

"If ye wan' ta eat someding, eat me! I'va more meat den dat skinny elf!"

Drago will huel his hand azes at it.

Posted by: jamfke Feb 17 2006, 08:27 PM
The cave fisher shudders right and left as the axes gouge out chunks of ceiling that rain down on Drago's shoulders. Then it skitters away into a hole in the wall near the ceiling.

Posted by: Orgaloth Feb 17 2006, 08:36 PM
Drago goes and retrieves his axes,

"Donnae think it'll be survivin' dat."

Once he has his axes he goes and picks up the garnet.

Posted by: jamfke Feb 17 2006, 08:50 PM
As he moves aside the debris covering the garnet, he notices another stone and a skeleton wearing a suit of banded mail armor and bearing a longsword in its dead grasp.

Posted by: Orgaloth Feb 17 2006, 08:54 PM
"Looks like dem, fishers were gud at wha' dey did."

Drago goes over the corpse, looking for anything that might tell him who it is and for anything that might be of use.

Posted by: jamfke Feb 17 2006, 08:58 PM
Drago finds no type of identifying emblems or markings upon the skeleton, but the hilt of the sword bears a flaming sigil.

Posted by: Zodiac Feb 17 2006, 08:58 PM
(( go away to do some dishes and look what happens ))

Stands there bewildered...."umm, tiger..." she looked to the man, who retrieved his axes. "I was wondering if I could join you?" She wasn't one to jump around the point. Straight to it she thought.

Posted by: Orgaloth Feb 17 2006, 09:05 PM
Drago unstraps the swords sheath, and removes the sword from the corpses hand. Whilst kneeling there he says a quiet prayer, and a quick last rites, before standing up. He walks over to the rest of the party.

"I cannea use dis. Maybe one of ye can? Until we find 'is family and return it, dat is."

Spotting Zoe,

"Who are ye lass? And Wha' do ye want? A little dangerous fer a wee one down 'ere."

Posted by: Zodiac Feb 17 2006, 09:10 PM
Danergous! she fumed at the fact that he thought she was the stereotypical women, who shouldn't be out here, and at home. But she didn't say anything, she valued the company more.

"I have been here for days."


Posted by: Orgaloth Feb 17 2006, 09:13 PM
"Are ye lost? Tis not a place fer children."

Posted by: jamfke Feb 17 2006, 09:14 PM
Rarek gawks at the young woman, "Um, hello! I'm Rarek. Uh, the elf is Shaniqua and the little guy here is, uh, Drago."


Posted by: Orgaloth Feb 17 2006, 09:18 PM
"I'ma tall fer a dwarf, thank ye."

With concern in his voice,

"Do ye wan' us ta take ye home, lass?"

Posted by: Zodiac Feb 17 2006, 09:18 PM
Looks to the group and smiles to the man gwaking at her. And then turns to the man with the axes. "I am not child!" Her eyes flashed with anger...

Posted by: Orgaloth Feb 17 2006, 09:23 PM
"Are ye sure? Ye look ta young ta be out on ye own. I mean, ye ain't even got any armour nor weapons."

Posted by: jamfke Feb 17 2006, 09:24 PM
Rarek senses the tension between the two, "Uhh, why don't you stay with us? There's safety in numbers, I've been told."

Posted by: Zodiac Feb 17 2006, 09:25 PM
*quickly pulls out two daggers, does some fancy tricks with them and sheaths them again* They maybe be small, but they do the trick.

Posted by: Orgaloth Feb 17 2006, 09:29 PM
Watching her play with her daggers,

"Aye, ye cutlery is nice. Now stick close since ye donne wanna go home, and I'll look after ye. "

Posted by: Zodiac Feb 17 2006, 10:37 PM
She look to him "I'm not a child, you big oaf" She moved passed him into the hallway. Did she really need this group?...she could handle this quest on her own.

Posted by: jamfke Feb 17 2006, 10:40 PM
Rarek fumbles with his handaxe as he steps to the door and bends down to retrieve his now sputtering torch, "I-I don't think you're a child!"

Posted by: Zodiac Feb 17 2006, 10:43 PM
She turned to see the one talking to her, as she gave a small smile "thank you, your very kind" She pulled a pink ribbon from her pocket and tied her copper coloured hair behind her neck. " I am Zoe" She held her hand out to him.

Posted by: Orgaloth Feb 17 2006, 10:43 PM
"Now, now, lass. Nah need ta git upset. If ye wanna come, come. But donna go wanderin' off."

Holding up the long sword,

"Now which of ye wanna carry dis?"

Posted by: Zodiac Feb 17 2006, 10:48 PM
*looks to what he wants carried*

Posted by: jamfke Feb 17 2006, 10:49 PM
Shaniqua steps forward and looks at the blade. It appears to be as finely crafted as her own, if not better. She takes it from Drago's grasp, "I can use it, I can always use a backup."

Rarek smiles as Zoe holds out her hand. He had never known the graces of city life, or its customs, but his father had taught him how to treat a lady whether in a crowded market place, or in a grimy dungeon.

He gently held her hand up to his lips and kissed it, "Zoe, that's a, well, it's nice."

His face goes blank at the last statement.

Posted by: Orgaloth Feb 17 2006, 10:52 PM
To Shaniqua in a half whisper, nodding his head toward the two humans,

"Is dat some sort of mating ritual?"

Posted by: Zodiac Feb 17 2006, 10:52 PM
*look back to the man who kissed her hand, and let it fall back to her side* "thank you, I think" *she turned from them and started to move forward.*

Posted by: Orgaloth Feb 17 2006, 10:55 PM
"Well de met and greet is nice and all, but we 'ave goblins ta kill. Let's go."

With that Drago strides out of the room and takes up point again.

Posted by: jamfke Feb 17 2006, 10:56 PM
Rarek moves to keep up with her, holding the torch so she has enough light to see by.

Shaniqua looks to Drago, "Friend dwarf, you know how these things go, the girl is clearly not interested in Rarek. Perhaps we should watch out for him so he doesn't slip up and do something stupid. Like get himself killed by not paying attention."

Posted by: Orgaloth Feb 17 2006, 11:00 PM
"If ye try telling him, he may listen. But dat's why I'm up front."

Posted by: jamfke Feb 17 2006, 11:04 PM
The group moves on down the corridor. Zoe, having already come from this direction knows that there is nothing else to be found here.

Posted by: Orgaloth Feb 17 2006, 11:07 PM
Drago still moves cautiously through this part of the complex. He keeps an eye out for any possible hidden doors.

Posted by: Zodiac Feb 17 2006, 11:11 PM
"I have been down here already, there is nothing down here. All taken care of"

Posted by: Orgaloth Feb 17 2006, 11:14 PM
"Aye lass, I'mma sure, but we're dealin' wit goblins. Dey be smarter den rats and cave fishers."

Drago continues at his cautious pace.

Posted by: jamfke Feb 17 2006, 11:14 PM
Drago catches the slightest of breezes coming from the northern wall of the corridor.

Posted by: Orgaloth Feb 17 2006, 11:17 PM
Drago suddenly stops and starts tapping the northern wall with his axe, checking for echoes. He then starts looking for a release for the door.

Posted by: Zodiac Feb 17 2006, 11:23 PM
*throws her hands up, and lets them fall heavily* Yesh....*shakes her head*

Posted by: jamfke Feb 17 2006, 11:26 PM
Drago finds a slight depression in the mortar joint of two stones, surprisingly low enough for him to manipulate comfortably. He wiggles his fingers into it and a silent click is heard followed by a deep grating sound as the stone wall swivels inward from the hallway to reveal a flight of rough hewn stone steps leading down into the darkness.

Posted by: Orgaloth Feb 17 2006, 11:28 PM
" 'ere we go. Never 'urts ta be cautious."

With that Drago heads down the steps, looking out for goblin booby traps.

Posted by: Zodiac Feb 17 2006, 11:33 PM
She followed, the group. This was definately going to be interesting...


(( I gotta go guys, see ya'll later, thank for letting me rp with ya))

Posted by: netjedi Feb 17 2006, 11:39 PM
Shaniqua again takes up the rear of the group. as she sheaths her sword, straps on the back up and noks an arrow.

Posted by: jamfke Feb 17 2006, 11:44 PM
Drago reaches the bottom of the steps after a long and steep descent. The tunnel here is narrow, allowing a single file marching order only. The roof here is low as well, Rarek has to stoop to get through some areas.

Shaniqua sees that her bow is useless in this situation.

The group moves further down the tunnel which twists and winds its way, serpent-like, until it finally begins to open up slightly.

Ahead, Dargo hears loud snoring.

Posted by: Orgaloth Feb 17 2006, 11:50 PM
Whispering back to the others,

"Dey're gonna wake soon. Dey'll also 'ave anudder way out. Attack 'ard and fast. Give nay quater, expect nay mercy."

With that Drago moves ahead cautiously.

Posted by: netjedi Feb 17 2006, 11:52 PM
putting away her bow and drawing both swords

"Aye, ready. let me go in first and try to take them out quietly."

Posted by: Orgaloth Feb 18 2006, 12:22 AM
"Nay pointy eared elf is gonna kill more goblins den me."

Drago hurries in with Shaniqua, and as soon as he's sure they're goblins, lets rip with his axes.

Posted by: netjedi Feb 18 2006, 12:25 AM
once the swarf opens up his barrel of goblin bane so does she.

Posted by: jamfke Feb 18 2006, 12:37 AM
As Drago pushes past Shaniqua, the clatter of his advance seems to be just enough to awaken the sleeping beasts.

Several glowing red eyes pop open all around them. Rarek drops his torch and draws his bow. Zoe begins mumbling and moving her hands while pulling little items from her belt pouches.

The cavern begins to resound with the noise of screaming goblins and the clash of steal.

Drago hefts his axe back and forth amid the swarming beasts. He cleaves one of the goblins in half, the other ducks under the blade and charges headlong into him.

Shaniqua moves like a double windmill, both blades nearly humming as she swings them. One of her blades, the new one, catches a goblin in the shoulder and he goes down squalling in pain. Her other blade is deflected and almost knocked from her grasp.

Rarek fires his bow and another goblin falls. Zoe completes her incantation and a fan of fire springs from her fingertips, three goblins go down in flames.

Posted by: Orgaloth Feb 18 2006, 12:40 AM
Drago starts to sing in his own language, his deep booming voice carrying songs of praise to his god, and to battle in general.

Posted by: netjedi Feb 18 2006, 12:41 AM
"What in the seven hells is that!?"

(ooc how many targets do we see in the room?"

Posted by: jamfke Feb 18 2006, 12:51 AM
The goblins regroup from the surprise attack they've just suffered. One of the larger ones yells out "Chaaaggge!!!"

A wall of the beasts moves towards Drago and Shaniqua.

Rarek fires another arrow over Drago's head into the mob and another goblin falls.

Zoe pulls her daggers and prepares herself for the assault.

The little creature's blades fly to and fro, all but one batted away by sword or axe. The one that made it through the defenses stabs into Drago's belly. The wound isn't very deep, but it's deep enough to make him bleed.

(OOC-Drago takes 3 points of damage.)


Posted by: Orgaloth Feb 18 2006, 12:53 AM
Drago changes his song to a battle hyme, and then wdes into to goblins trying to get to the one giving the orders.

Posted by: netjedi Feb 18 2006, 12:57 AM
Shaniqua pulls up next to the dwarf to cut of a flanking position from the goblins. She continues her fight against their enemies.

Posted by: jamfke Feb 18 2006, 01:05 AM
Like a dance to the dwarvish tune, the pair wade into the throng of disgusting little bodies, their blades taking the lead.

Drago's attack splits a goblin cleanly in two, spattering its blood across his face.

Shaniqua's new blade easily parries a thrust and passes smoothly between the ribs of another to taste the blood pumping through the heart of the creature, just before stopping it cold. Her other blade seems to be failing her, it is deflected by leather pauldron as if it were steel.

Another arrow flies across the room and Rarek skewers yet another of the beasts.

Zoe steps forward and stabs at one that made it past the two warriors, the little bugger never knew what hit it as the tip of her blade poked out through its chest.

The handful that remain squeal in terror at the sight of their dead kin and turn to flee deeper into the cavern.

Posted by: Orgaloth Feb 18 2006, 01:09 AM
"Oh nay ye donna."

Drago sprints after the goblins, trying to get ahead of them to cut off their escape.

Posted by: jamfke Feb 18 2006, 01:17 AM
Try as he might, Drago cannot overtake the fleeing creatures.

Rarek fires another arrow into one more of the beasts and it falls dead.

The four adventurers stand alone in the empty chamber.

Posted by: Orgaloth Feb 18 2006, 01:23 AM
Drago stands there fuming for a moment, then goes to check to see if any goblin survived,

"If ye find a live one, let me know. I wanna talk ta it."

Posted by: jamfke Feb 18 2006, 01:24 AM
No goblins survived the fight.

Posted by: Orgaloth Feb 18 2006, 01:26 AM
Drago starts ransacking the goblin's lair.

Posted by: netjedi Feb 18 2006, 02:47 PM
Shaniqua will stand guard by the door the goblins fled through incase they decide to return.

Posted by: Darth Windu Feb 18 2006, 03:51 PM
Rarek sighs and lowers his bow. He has not felt this way in a long time. It seemes like a hundered years since he ran away from home. In reality it was only ten. He had abandoned all trace of his noble upbringing, living alone in the forest. Zoe was a throwback to the time when he was a baron's son, a cheery and fun-loving boy. He shook himself. He was too old for juvenile crushes.

Posted by: jamfke Feb 18 2006, 04:52 PM
Rummaging through the filth scattered about the lair, Drago comes up with a considerable pile of items, and a rather substantial amount of coins. The goblins had probably gathered most of the items while poking around the rooms of the ruin's tunnels.

Sorting through the pile, he finds a spear in excellent condition, 11 good sheaf arrows for a long bow, a complete suit of plate mail armor, 3 fine vellum scrolls that are rather nasty looking (but do have some interesting illuminations upon them), a large belt pouch, a plain looking brooch, and a fancy looking ring.

Of the coins, he estimates there to be about 3000 coppers, 500 silvers, and around 200 golds.

A few gems were found in the belt pouch as well, one of obsidian, another of rhodochrosite, another of citrine, and the last an eye agate.

Posted by: Zodiac Feb 18 2006, 05:30 PM
She watched as the loot piled up, so to speak. "what happens with all of that..." she head nodded towards the horde.

Posted by: jamfke Feb 18 2006, 05:42 PM
The dwarf grins up at her, "It'll be divied up atween us lass. Noice trick wit de fire by de way!"

Posted by: Zodiac Feb 18 2006, 05:48 PM
She smiled and did a small curtise(sp) "thank you"

Posted by: netjedi Feb 18 2006, 07:57 PM
"Aye, split amongst us, that is if you want to be one of us, lass?"

Posted by: Orgaloth Feb 18 2006, 08:04 PM
"But we should also make sure non of dis is important ta de village."

Drago takes a closer look at the armour, checking to see if it can easily be modified to fit himself.

"Do ye wanna look at dose parchments, lass? Tell us if dey are spells?"

"We'll also 'ave ta deal wid dose goblins dat got out."

Posted by: Darth Windu Feb 18 2006, 08:07 PM
Rarek inspects the spear and arrows, glancing warily back at the door.

Posted by: netjedi Feb 18 2006, 08:09 PM
"Yes we still have a task to complete."

Posted by: Orgaloth Feb 18 2006, 08:15 PM
"Donna worry lad. Dey won' come back, while we's still here. And if dey do, dey'll run"

Posted by: jamfke Feb 19 2006, 12:00 AM
The armor appears to be very adaptable to almost any size, Drago thinks he can slip into this very easily.

The spear looks like it might have served as a royal guardsman's weapon when the barony was still thriving. The point is still quite sharp and there are wonderful etchings on both sides of the head.

The arrows look to be in good condition. They have a little wear on the fletchings, but otherwise seem flight worthy.

Rarek glances towards the goblin's exit and sees nothing.

Posted by: Orgaloth Feb 19 2006, 08:00 PM
Drago starts packing the armour away, to stow it in his pack. Once done, he looks to the others,

"Are ye ready fer sum goblin 'unting?"

Posted by: netjedi Feb 19 2006, 09:21 PM
"Aye"

Posted by: jamfke Feb 20 2006, 06:52 PM
The young woman looks at the pile and focuses on the ring and the pouch of gemstones, "May I take those?"

Posted by: Orgaloth Feb 20 2006, 07:03 PM
"Aye, lass, ye can carry dem. We'll divvy dem up later, once all da goblins is dead."

Posted by: jamfke Feb 20 2006, 07:05 PM
A look of dismay crosses her face, "Oh, well, I thought that since Rarek took the spear and arrows, and you had stuffed the armor in your backpack that we were divying up now!"

Posted by: Orgaloth Feb 20 2006, 07:11 PM
"Nay lass, but I'ma guessing dat dey will be taking 'em. I've taken de armour because, well, I'ma da strongest. I'll carry everything if ye wan'. Ifa ye donna git a magic item, den ye git more cash, udder wise de cash, including gems, git's split evenly."

Posted by: jamfke Feb 20 2006, 07:18 PM
She nods in understanding.

Everyone gets ready and prepares to move forward.

Posted by: Orgaloth Feb 20 2006, 07:42 PM
Once everyone is set Drago leads the way out, following the goblins.

Powered by Invision Power Board (http://www.invisionboard.com)
© Invision Power Services (http://www.invisionpower.com)