Printable Version of Topic
Click here to view this topic in its original format
Role Players Direct > NEW KIDs Playhouse! > In Character Posts


Posted by: jamfke Sep 20 2005, 04:34 PM
Keeli, Cal and Tekku all got a call through their comlink:
"New mission, please report to New Alliance Special Force briefing room K-12 in two days, at 1800"

They had all arrived at Coruscant, it was the day of the briefing, and its 1745....

OOC: Post your arrivals, meet each other IC before the briefing starts. Also post your character sheet in the appropriate thread if you had not already done so cool.gif

Posted by: Teradoxx Sep 21 2005, 01:54 AM
Looking like a shady thug, Tekku lights a Tabacc Stick and begins walking towards the meeting point. He walks fast and keeps his trenchcoat tight.

Posted by: NEW KID Sep 21 2005, 04:30 AM
Tekku arrived at the meeting room first, he looked around as he arrived. It was a huge rectangular room, with a long table down the middle. And on the middle of the table was a holoprojector.

The room was still empty, he had arrived early, so he sat down and started waiting for the others........

Posted by: Teradoxx Sep 21 2005, 05:55 AM
Tekku smacks his legs on the table, while smoking the Tabacc.

Thinks: ''Hmm, guess I arrived early.''

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Sep 21 2005, 06:24 AM
Cal nods as he responds to the summons, the motion obscured from view by the hood pulled up over his head. "Understood," he says, turning on his heel and heading for the designated meeting place. His black cloak billows about him as he makes his way through the maze of corridors.

I guess my little tour is done early, he thinks to himself. Cal strides purposefully down the corridor to the briefing room. Reaching the door, he turns and walks in, looking around himself and taking in the surroundings.

Posted by: Teradoxx Sep 21 2005, 06:27 AM
Tekku sees Cal, without saying a word and just follows him with his eyes.

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Sep 21 2005, 06:34 AM
OOC: Cal makes a Sense roll (since it's higher than his Perception and Search) to see what he can determine about the room and its occupant. Once his search is complete, he takes a seat. When I know more about the room, I'll tell you where. In addition, besides a straight Sense roll, I'd like to make a Life Detection roll to see if there are people in hidden areas behind the walls. I'll be happy to make them in separate rounds so there's no penalty for multiple actions...

Posted by: Teradoxx Sep 21 2005, 06:35 AM
(OOC - Do you think Tekku can see he's a Jedi?)

Still looking at Cal, Tekku takes a drag at his Tabacc Stick and bellows the smoke out in the room.

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Sep 21 2005, 06:47 AM
QUOTE (Skaff Toxian @ Sep 21 2005, 12:35 PM)
(OOC - Do you think Tekku can see he's a Jedi?)

OOC- Well, the cloak he's wearing is concealing just about everything about him, other than the fact that he's 6'2" and broad-shouldered. You can see his chin and mouth, but nothing else on his face. You can't see his lightsaber, and the cloak he's wearing isn't like the regular Jedi robes known throughout the galaxy. It's a black version of what Luke wore to Jabba's palace. So, IMHO, unless he makes quite a leap of logic, he isn't going to just think "Jedi," especially since a number of other beings wear similar cloaks from time to time.

Posted by: Teradoxx Sep 21 2005, 06:49 AM
QUOTE (Jedi Skyler @ Sep 21 2005, 12:47 PM)
QUOTE (Skaff Toxian @ Sep 21 2005, 12:35 PM)
(OOC - Do you think Tekku can see he's a Jedi?)

OOC- Well, the cloak he's wearing is concealing just about everything about him, other than the fact that he's 6'2" and broad-shouldered. You can see his chin and mouth, but nothing else on his face. You can't see his lightsaber, and the cloak he's wearing isn't like the regular Jedi robes known throughout the galaxy. It's a black version of what Luke wore to Jabba's palace. So, IMHO, unless he makes quite a leap of logic, he isn't going to just think "Jedi," especially since a number of other beings wear similar cloaks from time to time.

(OOC - Okay.)

''Hey you in the black coat, what are you doing here?''

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Sep 21 2005, 07:27 AM
"I am here for a briefing. I presume you are as well?"

Posted by: Teradoxx Sep 21 2005, 07:30 AM
''Right.''

Sits back in the chair, leaning back and takes another drag at the Tabacc Stick.

Posted by: Teradoxx Sep 21 2005, 08:00 AM
Tekku looks around the room, and watches the door-way for a few seconds, then he rasies and begins walking around the room.

Posted by: theophilus Sep 21 2005, 08:48 AM
Keeli enters the briefing room wearing casual clothes of the current Coruscanti fashion. She pauses at the entrance at the sight of the two more severly dressed figures and takes a seat on the opposite side of the room to get a better look at them. She sits down toward the front with a casual air. She smiles kindly at the pair and asks cheerily, "Hi. I'm Keeli. Either of you got the skinny on our mission?"

Posted by: Teradoxx Sep 21 2005, 08:59 AM
Seeing Keeli, Tekku just get's back to his chair, smacks his legs on the table again, takes yet anther drag at his Tabacc Stick and bellows the smoke out into the room.

Posted by: Teradoxx Sep 21 2005, 11:32 AM
Finally Tekku brakes the long silence, not something he would normally do, and says:

''All I was told was to meet here and get briefed, humie. Nothing more, nothing less.''

(OOC - Humie = Another word for Human, just a little more annoying.)

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Sep 21 2005, 11:40 AM
Standing and bowing slightly, Cal says, "Hi, I'm Cal. We have not been briefed yet. I imagine they are waiting for everyone to arrive." He then sits back down, keeping his cloak draped around him, effectively blocking all view of his body.

(OOC- Since I haven't heard yet anything about my Sense and Life Detection checks, I'm going to go ahead and amend slightly what I've written. The chair I sat in has my back to the wall so I can face the door. If, through my checks, I detect hidden doors, I will position myself so that I'm as between the main door and the closest hidden entrance- unless this puts me beside Tekku. If it does, I'll sit across the table so we have better coverage in the room. This has become a habit of Cal; if at all possible he never sits with his back to a door. He prefers to have the wall at his back so he can see the entire room and watch what's going on. It's a holdover from the days when his family lived in constant fear of the Empire due to their Jedi heritage.)

Posted by: Teradoxx Sep 21 2005, 11:57 AM
Though hearing Cal response, Tekku dose'nt tell his name, he just sits and keeps his legs on the table, seeing his Tabacc Stick is getting dusty.

Thinks: ''Guess i have to light me a new one soon.''

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Sep 21 2005, 12:17 PM
Cal sniffs the air, catching a whiff of the tabacc smoke, allowing it to momentarily remind him of his grandfather. He doesn't get lost in reverie, however, but keeps himself focused on the present... (including the result of his Sense checks...)

Posted by: Teradoxx Sep 21 2005, 12:21 PM
Tekku drops the Tabacc Stick on the ground and stubs it out.

He then grabs to the Tabacc pack, gets his lighter and lights a new one.

Posted by: NEW KID Sep 21 2005, 01:18 PM
OOC:
Srry guys for not posting, i just got home from school

Okay, get to know each other.........that means you can tell each other ur a jedi, Jedi Skyler

Posted by: Teradoxx Sep 21 2005, 01:22 PM
(OOC - Well, if he wants to keep that to himself, he can, if you ask me. And what about his Sense roll? tongue.gif )

Takes a drag on the Tabacc and bellows out.

''Since I can hear you're all very interested, my name is Tekku. 'Nough said.''

Posted by: NEW KID Sep 21 2005, 01:48 PM
Theres nothing hidden, the room is plain and rectangular, bare wall, bare ceiling, etc.
There is a rectangular conference table down the room, and there is a holoprojector hanging from the ceiling at the middle of the table, theres only three beings present, tekku and cal and keeli

(OOC:
and as i said, i was in school the whole day, from six in the morning until now, im most active at night, before eleven, im in the eastern time zone, srry if your hav been waiting for a long time but thats the way things are right now, sometimes i hav stuff after school too)

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Sep 21 2005, 02:02 PM
(OOC- It's alright. We understand the different time zones stuff... besides, I'm at work, so I'm in and out.)

Posted by: Teradoxx Sep 21 2005, 02:08 PM
Thinks: ''Ah, come on! When will this breifing start?! I have better things to do then sitting in a room, with a black-hooder and luxury brat.''

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Sep 21 2005, 02:12 PM
"So Tekku... how long have you been on Coruscant?"

Posted by: Teradoxx Sep 21 2005, 02:13 PM
Glancing in Cal's direction.

''Why do you care?''

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Sep 21 2005, 02:24 PM
"Well, for starters, if you've been here for any length of time, it's halfway possible that you might have an inkling of what's coming up in this briefing. Secondly, it's a logical assumption that since we're all here together, we're quite likely going on a mission together. With that being the case, I would like to get to know a little about those with whom I'm going to be working. And after I'd gotten an answer from you, I was planning on asking Keeli as well."

Posted by: Teradoxx Sep 21 2005, 02:24 PM
Tekku looks in Keeli's direction and bellows out smoke.

''Right. I have absolutely no idea of what this breifing is about and I dont care if going with you or the dead Emperor. Were going on a mission and we can get to the formalities later.''

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Sep 21 2005, 02:30 PM
A slight smile can be seen on Cal's lips beneath the hood. If you're going with the dead Emperor, you'll have a hard time getting him to watch your back out there in the field...

Posted by: Teradoxx Sep 21 2005, 02:32 PM
Leans back and mumbles: ''I hate guys like him.''

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Sep 21 2005, 02:35 PM
"What kind of guys would that be, Tekku?"

Posted by: Teradoxx Sep 21 2005, 02:36 PM
Thinks: ''Why do I always have to end up with the annoying types? He's probably some Jedi too!''

Takes a drag and beeloows out smoke in Cal's direction.

''You really wanna know?''

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Sep 21 2005, 02:42 PM
(OOC- I'd roll Telekinesis to billow the smoke softly right back around Tekku's head but the GM isn't here to roll the dice for me...)

"Absolutely."

Posted by: Teradoxx Sep 21 2005, 02:44 PM
(OOC - That can only be an Very Easy task, if you'd ask me you would'nt even need dice for that, and since this is'nt really combat or anything VERY important, i think you can just do it.)

''Annoying, smarts like you.''

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Sep 21 2005, 02:48 PM
(OOC- Well, that was my take on it, but I don't wanna step on anyone's toes...)

"I'm not being smart, I'm having a sense of humor. We don't need to posture and prance and show each other how tough we are. We're here, which means the New Republic believes we've got the skills for the job. Either that, or it's a suicide mission that Cracken couldn't get anyone else to take..." The smile hasn't left his face, and is still visible beneath his hood."

Posted by: Teradoxx Sep 21 2005, 02:52 PM
Tekku clenches his fist under the table, but still looks very calm.

''Fine, fine, whatever you say.''

Thinks: ''Good thing for him, that I have my blaster holstered.''

Inhales the smoke around him, and blows it up the air.

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Sep 21 2005, 02:56 PM
"Well, we will obviously leave you to play the straight man. I think perhaps Keeli and I might handle the comedy..."

Posted by: Teradoxx Sep 21 2005, 02:57 PM
Tekku dose'nt answer, just sits and stares into the ceiling, looking terribly bored.

Posted by: NEW KID Sep 21 2005, 04:24 PM
After a while, after the three of them had gathered in the meeting room, 2 men walked in. Both human. They stopped talking immediately as the two men walked to the front of the room, away from the door and one said.

"I suppose you all got my message?" and without waiting for an answer, he continued. “I’m head of the New Republic Special Force, Greg McTysen, and this is the NRI intelligence representative, Loren Marogon.” The man beside him nodded, without saying a word. “Now, we have recently lost contact with a creature biological lab on the planet of New Endor, scientist stationed there studies genetically altered predators. The planet is covered mainly by forest, and was just recently found, so the only known living there are our scientist. But we believe Imperials might have found them.”

“However, just two days ago, we have lost contact with them. You might not think much but if those creatures fall into the wrong hands, and is let lose on a settled place, its trouble.”

“Your job is to rescue the scientist and destroy the base. Any questions before I give out more details and Loren tell you more about these creatures?”

Posted by: theophilus Sep 21 2005, 04:54 PM
Keeli pipes up, "I have a question. Are we the only ones assigned? Do we have guides through the woods to the site?"

Posted by: NEW KID Sep 21 2005, 06:03 PM
"Yes, you will be the only ones there. If more than a few shows up, whoever is occupying the base will probably know, you'll be drop via an escape pod."

Posted by: theophilus Sep 21 2005, 09:39 PM
Keeli casts looks at the other two members of the party and manages a clearly forced smile.

Posted by: Teradoxx Sep 21 2005, 11:31 PM
Again Tekku clenches his fist under the table.

Mumbling: ''Imperials.''

Posted by: NEW KID Sep 22 2005, 04:32 AM
"Any other questions befpre we move on??"

Posted by: Teradoxx Sep 22 2005, 05:57 AM
Tekku just bellows smoke out, as an answer.

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Sep 22 2005, 07:04 AM
Cal pipes up. "I have a question. When we locate either the scientist or his remains, how will we be extracted? Is there a ship on-planet we can make use of, or will we have to, um, requisition one? If there are no Imperials, but just these predators, we will be without transportation."

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Sep 22 2005, 12:26 PM
While this is all going on, I'm going to continue to work my Sense. As long as I don't have to perform two actions at the same time, I'm workin' it!

(OOC- Cal is intense about increasing his abilities. He will quite often use downtime to work on stretching his skills past their limits, and when alone is constantly poring over the lessons he's inherited from his ancestor.)

Posted by: Teradoxx Sep 22 2005, 12:48 PM
Bellows out much smoke as he waits for this to get started.

Tekku unholsters his blaster, takes a scruffy looking rag from one of his pockets and begins polishing the Heavy Blaster Pistol.

Posted by: NEW KID Sep 22 2005, 05:41 PM
"Let me make myself cleared, there are a total of six scientist total," said Greg, "You will have camping equipments to set up a camp on the perimeter of the lab/base, you will also have a high frequency communication transmission set, which you will use to arrange pick-up or call for help if needed, there will be assets standing by in nearby systems."

Posted by: theophilus Sep 22 2005, 06:44 PM
"I'd like to know how detailed our intel is and how old it is. How long have we been out of contact?"

Posted by: NEW KID Sep 22 2005, 07:07 PM
"Alright, its time i let Morogon take over." Greg nodded to the Intelligent Representative and sat down.

Morogon stood up and said.
"This base was founded a few years back, it was explored by some Intel guys, revealing lots of unknown species of creatures. We sent scientist there to study them, and a while later, they begun to experiment with them, by the means of genetical alteration, which is basically man-made mutations. They chose to perform this operation on the planet's strongest predators, Viperaniums, a tiger like creature, with the ability to jump and climb between trees, which the planet is mostly made of. They managed to have them grow up to three times their normal size and who know what how many more times powerful they are. If these species are let loose, the planet's ecosystem can kiss its ass good bye. We still are studying the effects of these genetical alterations, thats why some are still kept alive. Last time a report was filed, there were still seven of these monsters."

"Things have been going well, discoveries had been made, some of which will help a great deal. But about fifty-six hours ago, we lost contact with them, I know its a short time, but because of the possibilities that these creatures might be taken to other places and used as killers by unknown force, we had to react immediately."

"Heres what we have arranged for you," said Greg, as Morogon finished his mini speach, "we are going to make a jump into system with a light freighter, calculate the timing exactly so we can eject an escape pod with you folks in them to the perimeter of the base, just out of sensor ranges. And then the light freighter will leave. You guys set up surveillance, rescue the scientist, and call pick-up. That's pretty much it"

"Oh yeah, don't forget to blow the base into bits of poodoo"

Posted by: theophilus Sep 22 2005, 10:38 PM
"Sir, On the one hand, this plan assumes no enemy presence in the system But seems to assume a strong likelihood of enemy presence on the ground. Has this been confirmed by surveillance or are we just chancing it? Do we have confirmed enemy presence or do we see this likely an accidental release and containment issue? Do we have schematics of the facility? Where is our DZ in relation to the target?"

Posted by: Teradoxx Sep 23 2005, 02:23 AM
Again Tekku bellows out, looking very uninterested in this whole affair.

Tekku is still polishing his blaster.

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Sep 23 2005, 04:47 AM
"I must agree with Keeli. We're going to need a lot more information about this. Will we be getting a full briefing here, or will part take place en route? Also, are one of these individuals qualified to handle the explosives with which to destroy the facility? Because I definitely am not. Yet, anyway."

Posted by: Teradoxx Sep 23 2005, 05:51 AM
Looks up and stares coldly at Cal.

''I think I can explosives. Im pretty good with weapons.''

Tekku looks down again, looking like he is'nt expecting an answer. Je just keeps polishing his blaster.

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Sep 23 2005, 06:04 AM
"Well, that covers one item on the agenda. Our friend here will handle the explosives..."

Posted by: Teradoxx Sep 23 2005, 06:06 AM
Tekku takes a deep drag on his Tabacc and blows it out towards the to briefers.

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Sep 23 2005, 06:28 AM
(OOC- All this smoke billowing around is really making me want a cigar!

Posted by: Teradoxx Sep 23 2005, 06:30 AM
QUOTE (Jedi Skyler @ Sep 23 2005, 12:28 PM)
(OOC- All this smoke billowing around is really making me want a cigar!

(OOC - Dont give in! It's the path the Havanna side! DONT GIVE IN!)

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Sep 23 2005, 06:35 AM
(OOC- It's alright... Just like Slick Willie- I don't inhale!)

Posted by: Teradoxx Sep 23 2005, 06:39 AM
QUOTE (Jedi Skyler @ Sep 23 2005, 12:35 PM)
(OOC- It's alright... Just like Slick Willie- I don't inhale!)

(OOC - Phew. That's good to know.)

Tekku puts the rag back into the pocket, holsters his Heavy Blaster and looks ready to go.

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Sep 23 2005, 07:09 AM
(OOC-Cal makes another Sense roll- just to see what he can pick up.

Posted by: Teradoxx Sep 23 2005, 02:46 PM
Looks like he's quite bored, but is actually keeping an eye on Cal.

(Rolls Perception, too notice anything unusual. Marks, hand movement etc.)

Posted by: NEW KID Sep 23 2005, 03:23 PM
OOC: its a briefing, NO ROLLS, suppose to be cooperative
IC

"You guys are the first ones going. Just retrieve the scientist no matter what, got it?"

Posted by: Teradoxx Sep 23 2005, 03:25 PM
QUOTE (NEW KID @ Sep 23 2005, 09:23 PM)
OOC: its a briefing, NO ROLLS, suppose to be cooperative

(OOC - Why not?)

Tekku looks quite relived at that comment, and hopes they will soon be off.

Posted by: Teradoxx Sep 23 2005, 03:38 PM
Speaks up, not something he does everyday.

''So, are we ready to go or are we just gonna sit here and chat all day long.''

Posted by: NEW KID Sep 23 2005, 04:07 PM
"If we have no more questions, you guys are ready to go."

Posted by: Teradoxx Sep 23 2005, 04:07 PM
Rolls eyes.

''At last.''

Posted by: NEW KID Sep 23 2005, 04:15 PM
"That is, if there are no more questions."

OOC
Heres what you guys will be getting:

Personal:
Choose what weapons you want to bring and i'll approve it.
Utility belt
Comlinks
Camoulage Poncho
Binoculars and stuff
Sensors
Any thing else you want, just need for me to approve

High frequency communication set
Demolition Pack (Contents post later.)
2 Tents+ Survival Pack (Rations, etc)

Just post the other stuff you want, this list is not final

Posted by: Teradoxx Sep 23 2005, 04:19 PM
QUOTE (NEW KID @ Sep 23 2005, 10:15 PM)
"That is, if there are no more questions."

OOC
Heres what you guys will be getting:

Personal:
Choose what weapons you want to bring and i'll approve it.
Utility belt
Comlinks
Camoulage Poncho
Binoculars and stuff
Sensors
Any thing else you want, just need for me to approve

High frequency communication set
Demolition Pack (Contents post later.)
2 Tents+ Survival Pack (Rations, etc)

Just post the other stuff you want, this list is not final

(OOC - Do we have to take it ALL with us?)

Posted by: NEW KID Sep 23 2005, 04:20 PM
OOC: It'll be in the pod you guys get dropped in, then you set up camp, then go work

Posted by: Teradoxx Sep 23 2005, 04:23 PM
(OOC - We cant get it now?)

Posted by: NEW KID Sep 23 2005, 04:36 PM
OOC:
uh.........i don't understand, its OOC, so what you pick (as long as its approved) will be with and in the pod you guys are using

Posted by: Teradoxx Sep 23 2005, 04:48 PM
(OOC - Aah! Okay. Tekku takes the demolitions, a poncho, a pair of binoculars, his Heavy Blaster off course and, if you approve it, two spare packs of Tabacc Sticks.)

Posted by: NEW KID Sep 23 2005, 04:50 PM
Alright, let me make my self clearer
You get to choose, those on the list are just what you'll be getting for sure, the second group is going to be shared by the whole team

so you could have stuff like vibro blade, rifles, grenades......etc
(vibro blade is likele needed)

Posted by: Teradoxx Sep 23 2005, 04:59 PM
QUOTE (NEW KID @ Sep 23 2005, 10:50 PM)
Alright, let me make my self clearer
You get to choose, those on the list are just what you'll be getting for sure, the second group is going to be shared by the whole team

so you could have stuff like vibro blade, rifles, grenades......etc
(vibro blade is likele needed)

(OOC - But I only want that i've taken. I dont want to carry a tent around. And I dont want any Vibro-Blade/Axe either. Rfiels and Blasters are good enoguh for Tekku.)

Posted by: NEW KID Sep 23 2005, 05:00 PM
(All will be leave at the camp you guys will set up at the beginning)

Posted by: theophilus Sep 23 2005, 09:22 PM
"Sir, I still have a number of questions and concerns which may not be shared by my companions. I would like to discuss them, but I understand if doing so might disrupt their schedules." Turning to the Verpine, "I only request from you a detailed summary of Verpine funerary rites and practices. I have a feeling we're going to need it."

(OOC - Keeli will wait until whomever chooses to leaves and then will launch into her questions.)

"We have a very serious lack of information on whats going on here. The delivery system does not seem to make sense. It seems to assume no Imperial presence in the system, but a definite presence on the ground. If we're dealing with a potential release of these animals, we'll need to know more about them, What they look like, how they hunt, what weaknesses they may have, whether thay are nocturnal, their visual and auditory spectrum. Also, we could really use more information about the planet and the facility. Schematics and such. At this point, we're going in blind while it seems like much more information is available, but being withheld. If this is the case, then I would like to go on record with a formal complaint."

Posted by: NEW KID Sep 23 2005, 09:48 PM
"The system was recently found, it is still mostly unexplored. Imperial Presence have never been reported. The reason we expect enemy forces is because the system use to keep these animals in are very secure, which i assure you. Heres generally what the creatures looks like. They are like huge black tigers with the ability to climb on and between trees and are deadly silent when they move, they have incredible sense of smell and vision, but they are not as adapted in the dark. The genetical altered form are more powerful and bigger, they have also developed thick fur/hide like skin which is almost completely blaster proof. Except for their head and shoulder area. The facility is also pretty new, its devided into two sections, the living quarter and the lab. The animals are kept inside, underground. The scientist basecally just work during the day and relax at night. There are monthly shuttles that goes there to supply needed material. The base has also ALWAYS kept a constant contact with the Intelligence, so the break worried us. I'm sorry Keeli, if you are looking for more, thats all the stuff we have."

"Oh yeah, the lab is located in the forest, which we do have a map of. We will work out your drop point later on the way into the system."

OOC: might as well tell me what you are really looking for OOC

Posted by: Teradoxx Sep 24 2005, 12:15 AM
QUOTE (theophilus @ Sep 24 2005, 03:22 AM)
"I only request from you a detailed summary of Verpine funerary rites and practices. I have a feeling we're going to need it."


Looking strangely at Keeli.

''Rites? What are you taalking about, humie?''

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Sep 24 2005, 06:49 AM
Cal looks at Tekku from underneath the hood. "She means, do you have any special ceremonies or rituals that are performed for Verpines at their funerals. She wishes to make sure your remains are properly taken care of, should the need arise. And from her tone and demeanor, she's fairly certain we WILL need them before this is all over...

"As for equipment, I have a few requests right now, with possibly a few more after some careful consideration. I would recommend you issue us each a helmet with IR, heat- and night- vision capabilities, as well as life and movement sensors. Each should have a built-in comlink system so we don't need to fumble around with them manually. In addition I'd suggest fitting them all with 360 degree holorecording. Since we're going in with minimal information, Intelligence is going to want this documented and recorded in case something goes wrong. If that happens, hopefully the next team will be able to recover our recorders and make use of the work we'd done until the end.

"Additionally, you might want to consider issuing us some armor in keeping with the type normally worn by bounty hunters. Except possibly for our Verpine friend here who comes already armored, Keeli and I would likely benefit from armor that will offer us some protection without hampering our movements. We don't need all the fancy gadgets that someone like Boba Fett has; we don't have time for you to train us in their use before we deploy. But the armor might prove handy if one of those things takes a swipe at us.

If you will give me a few minutes, I'd like to consider what other items I wish to request. But I would highly recommend the ones I've already mentioned. I believe they will make our mission a LOT easier."

(OOC- I just had to post this on the fly...so my next post will be after I look at this candy store's menu! laugh.gif ninja.gif ninja.gif laugh.gif

Posted by: Teradoxx Sep 24 2005, 07:02 AM
Looks very annoyed.

''Oh, i get it. Just because im alien, i'm supposed to have some strange ritual for my funeral. NO! Bury me like you 'normal' types.''

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Sep 24 2005, 07:42 AM
"Strange. I'd have thought you'd be more annoyed by the fact that she figures you'll be the first to die, rather than thinking she's biased because you're an alien. By the way, she's not saying you're not 'normal.' She's admitting that she knows little of Verpine culture and is trying to respect you, not belittle you. No one here is trying to alienate you, if you'll pardon the expression. Or even if you won't. We're all just trying to get through this briefing so we can get issued our gear and get out of here- something I thought you were quite eager to do..."

Posted by: NEW KID Sep 24 2005, 07:45 AM
"You guys, arguing isn't going to help, this mission requires, er........more cooperative actions. Now, if you guys will, report to the armory to pick up your equipments and then go straight to the hangar."

OOC: i'll post what you get in the other thread when i hav time

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Sep 24 2005, 08:15 AM
(OOC- Ok... Unfortunately I'm done for the day... I'll have to look at my list of equipment and pick out some goodies. Won't be able to post them until monday. Sorry about that sad.gif but I will get it posted early Monday morning.)

IC- "Please understand that I'm not arguing here. I'm just trying to point out to Tekku that he wasn't being slighted because he's a Verpine. If anything he was being slighted because he's displaying an inordinate amount of boredom and bravado that isn't impressing anyone. I believe Keeli was simply trying to make that point clear."

Posted by: theophilus Sep 24 2005, 01:51 PM
"Look, I don't know anything about either of you two. I don't know what you can do and what you can't do. I don't know how many missions like this you've been on, but from what I'm seeing, I'd say close to none. You probably don't realize that the success or failure of this mission mostly depends on what happens right here, right now. We don't know how these things hunt, how they see, how they hear, what they like to eat. If there's been a release, not knowing will mean the difference between life and death for everyone down there. If you think you can just drop out of the sky, guns blazing and then swagger off to the next cantina you're deluded. That damn tabacc stick hanging out of your mouth will likely get you, and possibly all of us killed. They stay here. If these things hunt by scent, then we have to not smell. If they see infrared, then we have to give them nothing to see. If they have sensitive ears, we can use that to keep them at bay. You get what I'm saying here?"

Turning to the officers, "I'll take whatever you got. I'd like to requisition aerial sensors and remotes. If these things are arboreal watching the ground will be ineffective. Also, I'd like a high powered slugthrower with explosive ammunition. Do we know if these things give off an infrared or ultraviolet signature?"

Posted by: NEW KID Sep 24 2005, 02:06 PM
"Ah........your wrong, we definitely know what they eat," grimaced Greg. "They eat anything with meat, including each other, vicious carnivores. Their vision is not exactly yet determind, but yes, probably infrared."
He looked over at the verpine.
"All your drugs and smoke stays, tekku. Not that i mind, but Keeli here has made an excellent point, they'll probably smell you"
"As for the slugthrower, the weopon it self does not, but the explosive ammo does. The beasts can thrive in almost any enviroment except dark places and bodies of water"

OOC: go to the armory upon the conclusion of the meeting to collect them

Posted by: Teradoxx Sep 24 2005, 02:51 PM
Tekku looks oddly at the officer.

''Drugs? It's just plain old Tabacc's.''

Posted by: theophilus Sep 24 2005, 03:09 PM
"Sorry sir, I think you misunderstood. Do the creatures give off ultraviolet or infrared signatures? Also, what's this about them not thriving in dark environments?"

Posted by: NEW KID Sep 24 2005, 03:43 PM
"same thing"

"They don't give out ultraviolet signatures, but heat sensors can find them just like on regular people. By that i mean they are can't see in the dark, like regular human. Luckily thats not enhanced by genetic alteration. so if it results to hunting each of them down, a good time to do that would be at night with night vision goggles."

Posted by: Teradoxx Sep 25 2005, 07:39 AM
''Okay. Now everybody stirred up, so let's get going. And, humie, i've been on several missions, but i have never cooperated with types that keeps asking odd questions. I just want to get going, but clearly, some of you would rather stay and chat here. I can handle myself in combat, and i can looka fter myself.
If you're here to lecture us, then i'll drop this mission. Now, please, shall we get going?''

Takes the last drag on his Tabacc and stumps it out.

Posted by: NEW KID Sep 25 2005, 08:26 AM
"Very well, make your way to the armory, be there in fifteen minutes with the list of what you need."

Posted by: Teradoxx Sep 25 2005, 08:29 AM
Walks out of the room, and heads for the armory.

Posted by: NEW KID Sep 25 2005, 08:35 AM
Greg stared after the Verpine and said to the two human.
"Seems a little impatient, doesn't he?" he sighed. "You guys are also free to go."

Posted by: Teradoxx Sep 25 2005, 09:00 AM
As Tekku arrives at the armory, he lights another Tabacc Stick, probably his last before th mission, leans up against the wall and begins smoking.

Posted by: NEW KID Sep 25 2005, 09:25 AM
As Cal and Keeli left for the armory, Greg gave a sheet of paper to Keeli and explained. "Just give this to the guy at the armory."


at the armory

As all three of them arrived, a man walked in from another door, behind a counter and said.
"What do you guys need?"

Posted by: Teradoxx Sep 25 2005, 09:27 AM
Looks at Cal and Keeli.

''Any of you got an order for this armory?''

Posted by: theophilus Sep 25 2005, 01:54 PM
QUOTE (Skaff Toxian)
''Okay. Now everybody stirred up, so let's get going. And, humie, i've been on several missions, but i have never cooperated with types that keeps asking odd questions. I just want to get going, but clearly, some of you would rather stay and chat here. I can handle myself in combat, and i can looka fter myself.
If you're here to lecture us, then i'll drop this mission. Now, please, shall we get going?''


"You think it's odd to find out what you may be going up against beforehand? By all means, get going. I don't want to be an impediment to your self destruction."

QUOTE (NEW KID)
Greg stared after the Verpine and said to the two human.
"Seems a little impatient, doesn't he?" he sighed. "You guys are also free to go."


Keeli gives Greg a shrug, "You should know. You assigned him."

QUOTE (NEW KID)
As Cal and Keeli left for the armory, Greg gave a sheet of paper to Keeli and explained. "Just give this to the guy at the armory."


"Yes sir." Keeli says cheerily as she exits and makes her way to the armory.

QUOTE (Skaff Toxian)
As Tekku arrives at the armory, he lights another Tabacc Stick, probably his last before th mission, leans up against the wall and begins smoking.


Keeli observes the Verpine from the other end of the hallway and nudges Cal. "I thought this kind of Banthadrek machismo was just for guys. Odd." She assumes a wide legged stance in the middle of the hallyway hands hovering at her waist, her eyes narrowed. She advances down the hall, mocks a spitting noise and stares at the Verpine. "Look here 'Pard This here hallway ain't a big 'nuff fer the both 'er us." She smiles broadly and drops the bit as she approaches the armory.

QUOTE (Skaff Toxian)
Looks at Cal and Keeli.

''Any of you got an order for this armory?''


"Sure do, 'Pard." She hands the requisition form to the attendant with a smile.

Posted by: Teradoxx Sep 25 2005, 02:09 PM
Looks confused at Keeli.

''Pard?''

Mumbles quietly, one can barely hear.

''Humies are odd.''

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Sep 26 2005, 05:07 AM
Cal shakes his head and smiles. "Not all of us," he says, beginning to make his way to the armory.

(OOC- I'm working on that list. I'll have it by the time I make it to the armory.)

Posted by: theophilus Sep 26 2005, 09:25 AM
"Ah lighten up you two. This isn't an Outer Rim holovid. You guys want to get a quick bite? Hey, when are we supposed to get going, anyway?"

Posted by: Teradoxx Sep 26 2005, 09:57 AM
''Hopefully as soon as possible.'' Tekku sighes.

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Sep 26 2005, 11:35 AM
"I'm all for a bite to eat; I'm still compiling my request for the quartermaster and armorer." Cal turns to one of our hosts and asks, "Where can we grab a decent meal around here?"

Posted by: Teradoxx Sep 26 2005, 11:37 AM
Looks at the same host as Cal.

''Yeah, where?''

Posted by: theophilus Sep 26 2005, 09:14 PM
"Sure. I know this great little bistro just off the plaza. Great food, fun atmosphere. Not far from here. Wanna go?"

Posted by: NEW KID Sep 26 2005, 09:43 PM
OOC
you guys go do that for the time im going to be gone
do all rolls by ur self, im trust no one will cheat.
just pretend you are going to the armory later

Posted by: Teradoxx Sep 26 2005, 11:43 PM
''Fine, let's do that.''

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Sep 27 2005, 02:37 PM
"Absolutely!" Cal walks alongside Keeli, allowing her to lead the way to the bistro. "How long have you been with New Republic Intelligence?" he asks her.

Posted by: theophilus Sep 27 2005, 02:46 PM
Keeli leads them out of the building and into the hazy cloud strewn afternoon of Coruscant.

"Well, I joined just before the Empire's collapse. My first actual mission was just after Endor. So I guess that puts it about 5 years. Sheesh! That's the longest I've ever held a job!" She smiles broadly."How about you, Cal? Tekku?"

She leads them in a brisk walk across the ISB plaza toward a small shopping area used mostly by off-world personnel.

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Sep 27 2005, 03:05 PM
"Officially? Not long. I have only been officially working for the New Republic for a few months. Before then, I was kind of waging my own private war against the local Imperial garrison. I would raid them every so often, sometimes hitting their patrols, other times nailing the base itself- not too many of those runs, though. I mainly worked to steal arms, munitions and armor that the locals could use to their own ends. Most of the stuff either got modified so much that it couldn't be identified as Imperial, but some of it was used to stage some bigger hits by what I came to find out was a local cell. Anyway, they found out who was supplying the goods, approached me, and recruited me for service. Their goals mesh with mine- to be completely rid of the Empire and its remnants."

Posted by: theophilus Sep 27 2005, 09:17 PM
The trio arrive at a pleasant sidewalk cafe with outdoor seating and an interior bar section. The interior is fairly well lit, being daylight hours. Inside, modern music plays throughout at a comfortable level. Unlike most humancentric loacles, this place understands some species have more sensitive hearing.

"Well, Cal, Tekku, inside or out." leaning in toward Tekku and winking with a conspiratorial air, "I'm sure we can find a moodily lit corner booth inside, you know, to go with your theme and all?"

Posted by: Teradoxx Sep 28 2005, 04:15 AM
Tekku just keeps still and if you look closely one can actually see that he's holding his hand around a necklace.

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Sep 28 2005, 06:04 AM
Cal notices the gesture, but decides not to bring attention to it at this time. To Keeli, with a light tone of voice and a smile, he says, "And just what theme would that be, hmmm?"

Posted by: Teradoxx Sep 28 2005, 06:09 AM
''I dont care where we going. Just... Let get something to eat.''

Tekku looks quite sad.

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Sep 28 2005, 07:33 AM
[I]To Cal it appears the Verpine is actually going from gruff to sad or depressed. He leans toward Tekku and asks softly,/I] "Is there anything wrong?"

Posted by: Teradoxx Sep 28 2005, 08:21 AM
Looks at Cal, and seems like he suddenly had a mood-change.

''Leave me, alone.''

After that comment Tekku walks into the bistro and finds the darkest, shadiest corner.

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Sep 28 2005, 09:41 AM
Cal thinks to himself, "Hmm, okay..."

To Keeli, "There's something definitely bothering our Verpine friend. We'd better give him a little space for now, but we're going to have to find out what's up soon. I don't want any personal problems jeopardizing our mission."

[I]Cal holds the door for Keeli as they enter, the decision having been made for them as to "inside or outside."

(OOC- When I find the table Tekku has sat down at, if Cal can sit with his back to the wall, he does so. If not, he'll take the seat that gets him closest to that position as possible.)

Posted by: Teradoxx Sep 28 2005, 09:47 AM
When the two see Tekku he, sits clenching the necklace in his hand.

''Click-clock-click-click-cluck.''

After the saying on Verpine, Teku looks up and looks up at Cal and Keeli.

Posted by: theophilus Sep 28 2005, 09:49 AM
Keeli also notes the sadness in Tekku. She not only notes it, but remembers it as well. She feels some regret for her teasing, as she sometimes does when she realizes she's gone too far for the other person. Her smile changes, becoming more understanding than joking and curtseys, her hands holding invisible skirts as she slips past Cal into Bistro. She finds a booth at the back, knowing these two will want to watch the door. She has seen the same level of casual paranoia in tons off ISB agents, but has never felt the need of it herself. Once they are all seated, she speaks again, "Cal, would you mind getting some drinks from the bar? My treat. I'll just have a fizzyglug. Thanks!"

Posted by: Teradoxx Sep 28 2005, 09:51 AM
Tekku looks down again.

''The strongest they got, for me.''

Posted by: Teradoxx Sep 28 2005, 10:04 AM
Tekku takes the last drag on his third Tabacc, then stumbs it out in the ashtray. Though he doe sthis he still dose'nt let go of the necklace.

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Sep 28 2005, 10:37 AM
"Of course." Cal heads up to the bar and places an order for one fizzyglug and two of whatever serves as the hardest drink they have. He retrieves the drinks and takes them back to the table, passing them out to their respective owners.

Posted by: Teradoxx Sep 28 2005, 10:40 AM
Tekku finally let's go on the necklace.

''Atlast.''

Tekku takes the drink and takes a good slurp.

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Sep 28 2005, 10:47 AM
Cal makes a mental note that Tekku is possibly drinking to drown some pain that appears to be associated with the necklace he wears. Cal lifts his glass in salute, then takes a healthy swig.

(OOC- As Cal takes a drink, he activates Detoxify Poison to nullify the effects of the alcohol. He will do this each time he drinks anything to remain sharp.)

(IC) Cal extends his hand from underneath his cloak, holding out a pack of tabaac sticks he obtained from the bartender.
"I don't know how many of these you have, but I thought you might appreciate a fresh pack- especially if you're running close to empty."

Posted by: Teradoxx Sep 28 2005, 10:49 AM
Tekku looks confused at Cal.

''You're actually giving me something? You're humie right?''

Without waiting for an answer he quickly takes the pack and sticks it in his pocket.

Posted by: theophilus Sep 28 2005, 11:25 AM
Keeli grins across at Tekku and takes a good long look at the necklace.

"We humans ain't all bad. So, what'll you guys have? I'd recommend veggies, no meat. It'll mark our presence less on the mission. Predators that hunt by smell will be specifically interested if we, or our..."deposits" smell too much like something they'd like to eat. If you catch my meaning."

Posted by: Teradoxx Sep 28 2005, 11:28 AM
Keeli sees a small green pearl.

''Im not hungry.''

Tekku seems to not take part in the funny comments by Keeli. Again he takes a big slurp of his drink.

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Sep 28 2005, 11:30 AM
QUOTE (Skaff Toxian @ Sep 28 2005, 12:49 PM)
Tekku looks confused at Cal.

''You're actually giving me something? You're humie right?''

Without waiting for an answer he quickly takes the pack and sticks it in his pocket.

"Yes, I'm actually giving you something. You're sentient, right? Race matters not; it's the soul behind the facade that is important."


To Keeli: "You're probably right. Although, we could just gorge ourselves on the ration bars they give out; that should deter any predators for ten kilometers all around!"

Posted by: Teradoxx Sep 28 2005, 11:32 AM
''I just have bad experience with humans.''

Tekku takes the last zip of his drink. The glass is now empty.

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Sep 28 2005, 11:38 AM
"That's a shame. It always seems that a few rotten schlofberries ruin it for the whole bunch. Whatever problems you've had in the past, you won't have to worry about them from us." Cal takes another drink. (OOC-Again, he Detoxifies the alcohol, rendering the effect null and void.)

Cal notices Keeli studying Tekku, or something about Tekku, and wonders what it is.

Posted by: Teradoxx Sep 28 2005, 11:39 AM
''You knew that the Empire was ruled by humies, right? And also had other bad experiences after the Empire's fall.''

Cal also sees the green pearl in the necklace.

Posted by: Teradoxx Sep 28 2005, 11:54 AM
After that statement, Tekku seems to slip back into the sadness.

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Sep 28 2005, 11:57 AM
QUOTE (Skaff Toxian @ Sep 28 2005, 01:39 PM)
''You knew that the Empire was ruled by humies, right? And also had other bad experiences after the Empire's fall.''

Cal also sees the green pearl in the necklace.

"Yes, I know that. The Empire made it hard for many of us to exist in peace. I truly understand your pain, if from a different perspective."

Cal pauses a few moments, then starts up again, tentatively. "I couldn't help noticing that beautiful necklace you're wearing. It seems important to you; does it belong to someone close?" Another pause. "You don't have to answer that if you don't want. I don't mean to pry. Forgive me if I've crossed a line."

Posted by: Teradoxx Sep 28 2005, 11:59 AM
Tekku looks up at Cal, and it looks like he's almost about to cry.

''It belonged to my wife.''

After that Tekku turns his face away from Cal and Keeli.

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Sep 28 2005, 12:24 PM
"I'm sorry to hear that. The Empire to blame?"

Posted by: Teradoxx Sep 28 2005, 12:26 PM
Tekku turn his head.

''Who else do you think, humie?! They hate aliens! I should be dead not her! Not her and....''

Tekku goes silent as he realizes that he's actually yelling.

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Sep 28 2005, 12:40 PM
Understanding floods through Cal's mind. Sensing waves of grief rolling off Tekku without using the Force, Cal glances at Keeli before continuing. "I truly am sorry for your loss, Tekku, and I really do wish I could make things better." Cal returns to the bar and returns with another round of drinks for everyone, although the one he gives Tekku is not quite as potent. It produces a hot fire going down, but this is due to a spice combination rather than sheer alcohol content. "The bartender thought you might enjoy this one, Tekku." Resuming his seat, Cal raises his glass again in salute. "To fallen family and friends: may they be at peace." With that he tosses back his drink. (OOC- Again, nullifying the alcohol.)

Posted by: Teradoxx Sep 28 2005, 12:45 PM
Tekku slams his hand in the table.

''You dont know anything! Dont say that! Have you ever felt true love? Have you?!''

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Sep 28 2005, 12:49 PM
Remains calm. "It's true I've never been in love with anyone before. However, my father died after a raid on an Imperial patrol. I got him home, tried to fix him up, but I couldn't do it..." Here his voice cracks slightly, but he immediately regains control. "I had to sit there and watch his life bleed away, beyond my power to help. So yes, I do know something."

Posted by: Teradoxx Sep 28 2005, 12:53 PM
Becomes even more enraged.

''You have'nt watched you're son and you're wife being killed in front of you! They killed them! Because i tried to rescue them! And there was'nt anything i could about it! They killed them in front of me! They forced me to look! That's is exactly two years ago! I remind myself of my mistake every year!''

Finally Tekku breaks down and begins crying.

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Sep 28 2005, 01:08 PM
Cal sends soothing waves of peace to Tekku, infusing his words with the Force. "Tekku, it is NEVER a mistake to try and rescue your family. You have to have seen the hell the Empire forced on all aliens and on many humans.

"No, I didn't see my wife or son killed in front of me. I DID watch my father get gunned down by Imperial stormtroopers. I dragged him all the way back to our house, trying all the way to help him, but the blaster bolts did too much damage. He was one of the few who didn't have any armor on. I begged him to wear some, but he always passed it on to someone else so they'd be protected. And now he's dead. It should have been me out there- not him. I could've dealt with those troopers. I could have at least protected him.

"But I wasn't out there, and I didn't protect him. I let that eat at me for awhile... but my grandfather convinced me that if I continued to live in the past, dwelling on the 'what-ifs and could'ves', they'd consume me. That's a path I couldn't afford to take. And it's one you can't afford either. Your wife and son wouldn't want you to suffer like this. They're beyond pain.

"I'm not so naive that I think our pain will ever be totally gone. But if we can't move past the point where it's all we think about, we'll quit moving. And then we start dying. Or worse."

Posted by: Teradoxx Sep 28 2005, 01:12 PM
Tekku looks up, with tears in his eyes.

''You're a Jedi, are'nt you?''

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Sep 28 2005, 01:14 PM
With no hint of expression, Cal responds. "What gives you that idea?"

Posted by: Teradoxx Sep 28 2005, 01:24 PM
''A minute ago, I felt peace bubbling inside me. I normally dont feel that wehen i think of my wife and son,'' A little tear takes form in Tekku's eyes, ''And i once heard that Jedi's could send peacefull thought to people, to protect them form that Dark Side-thingie.''

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Sep 28 2005, 01:46 PM
"You are very perceptive, Tekku." Cal says. "I hope you understand I meant no offense by doing that. I am simply very empathetic, especially to your plight, and I wish I could truly help you find peace, some way to dwell on all the joy your family brought you. It's what I've had to do concerning my father." To everyone's surprise, Cal pulls out a tabaac stick, lights it, and takes a deep drag on it. Blowing the smoke up and away from the table, he speaks softly. "Ah, that's good." Noting the shocked look on Keeli's and Tekku's faces, he explains. "My grandfather smoked these longer than I've been alive. He really helped me get past the major pain of my father's death, and I love him very much. These remind me of him, and every now and again I just want one.

"As to your question, yes, I am a Jedi. Well, maybe more correctly I'm Force-sensitive. I don't really have anyone to proclaim me 'Jedi' or 'non-Jedi', but I am training to at least become one. But that fact, more than anything, should let you know that I do know a little about suffering at the hands of the Empire. My family was forced to flee to the Outer Rim when they discovered my budding abilities. We lived in fear for years, wondering if someday the Empire would crash through the door and cut us all down. Thankfully that didn't happen, but all those years of being constantly fearful really wore on all of us. It's almost a miracle that I didn't end up falling prey to it." With that he downs the rest of his drink.

Posted by: Teradoxx Sep 28 2005, 02:06 PM
Tekku takes his glass, raises and begins walking to the door with the comment:

''Im going for some fresh air.''

One can still see a blink of a tear in his eyes.

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Sep 28 2005, 02:16 PM
Looks at Keeli with a glint of understanding in his eyes, then says to Tekku: "I understand. Know that I'll do everything I can to help you through this, if you want it."

Posted by: Teradoxx Sep 28 2005, 02:18 PM
Looks back at Cal.

''The first thing you could do is to keep you're emotions to youreself.''

Then Tekku walks out of the bistro and finds a free chair.

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Sep 28 2005, 02:32 PM
Cal gets up slowly, tells Keeli he'll be right back, and meanders out of the bistro. He looks back and forth, finds Tekku sitting in a nearby chair, and walks over to him. Cal pulls up a chair and sits facing Tekku. "I need you to understand that I wasn't sitting back there pulling any tricks on you. Yes, I infused the Force into what I was telling you, projecting peace through my words. You could have easily pushed that away, and I would not force it on you. In the midst of all that pain you're feeling, your soul craves peace." Cal holds up a hand to forestall any interruptions. "That's a deduction on my part, based solely on your reaction. I'm not in the habit of invading people's minds- that way leads to the dark side. You'll never have to worry about me poking around in your mind, or forcing emotions on you. The most you'll get from me is the suggestion of an emotion, like you felt back there, and that only when I feel it's absolutely necessary. Having said that, I'll leave you to your fresh air. We came here to get a bite to eat before we gear up and ship out, and I mean to have it. I'm not going to bother you about this, but I want you to truly know that if you ever want to talk about it, I'll be there for you." [I]With that Cal stands up, and with a swirl of his cloak he heads back into the bistro and rejoins Keeli.

Posted by: Teradoxx Sep 28 2005, 02:38 PM
Just before Cal re-enters the bistro, Tekku grabs his arm.

''Thank you.''

You can see and hear, that this is not something Tekku says very often. After the comment, Tekku let go of Cal's arm.

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Sep 28 2005, 02:42 PM
Cal maintains eye contact with Tekku for a moment. "You are very welcome. And rest assured that it will always remain between you and I, unless you choose to share it." [I]At that Cal re-enters the bistro and sits at their table, feeling a definite bond forming between them.

Posted by: Teradoxx Sep 28 2005, 02:44 PM
Tekku sits outside, lights a Tabacc and takes a big drag on it.

He then bellows out the smoke into the air.

After that little refreshment, he takes a big slurp of his drink.

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Sep 28 2005, 02:48 PM
[I]Finally food arrives for Cal and Keeli. Salads all around, with large amounts of different vegetables to make up for the lack of meat. Cal digs hungrily into his, knowing that it could possibly be the last "decent" meal they have until this mission's over...

Posted by: theophilus Sep 28 2005, 04:13 PM
During the conversation between Tekku and Cal, Keeli was blindsided by a cacophany of emotions. On the one hand, sadness for Cal and Tekku's pain. A sense of some small guilt for the way their sadness was perverted into a pleasurable life for her as a child. A sense of wanting to crawl away, probably why she was so quiet. Then, all of a sudden, the negative broke away to the bizarre. Two grown beings, human and Verpine, talking about their feelings and smoking. With Tekku and Cal out of the restaurant, she let out a muffled giggle and signalled the bartender with her now empty glass.

"I think I could use something a little stronger."

She couldn't help it. So often she seemed to see her life from the perspective of an outsider. A witness to something, not so much a participant. A sense of eerie detatchment which, she supposed, was what allowed her to do what she did. She could remove herself from the situation and see things clearly, from a distance. Probably the result of her childhood. Oh cripes! Now she was doing it. Going all psychobabble, and on herself no less. This was no good.

When Cal re-entered the and began plowing through his meal, Keeli just watched for a while. "So, where's Tekku?" she asks casually, trying to sound serious and somber.

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Sep 29 2005, 05:17 AM
"He's collecting his thoughts, grabbing some fresh air, and finishing his drink. I thought it best to let him have a few minutes; it got a little thicker in here than he's used to, I'd imagine..."

Posted by: Teradoxx Sep 29 2005, 07:25 AM
Tekku looks to the sky and takes a big drag at his Tabacc.

Thinks: ''Maybe humies are'nt that bad.''

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Sep 29 2005, 08:18 AM
To Keeli: "Everything alright? You seem a little... distracted."

Posted by: theophilus Sep 29 2005, 09:31 AM
Brightening, "Everythings fine. A bit surreal, but managable. So, a Jedi..," whispering, "Can you guys really shoot lasers out of your eyes and stuff?"

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Sep 29 2005, 09:44 AM
Cal almost chokes on a bite of his salad, laughing mid-chew. "Lasers from our eyes?!" Thinks for a moment, then, replies, "Well, I haven't actually tried that one yet. But I've been meaning to..."

"Seriously, no. We can't do anything like that. Where did you ever hear that?"

Posted by: theophilus Sep 29 2005, 10:32 AM
Keeli pokes at her salad a bit. "Well, I guess from my Da. He was just a junior officer back during the Clone Wars. Until then he'd only heard stories about Jedi. He said they did some pretty amazing stuff and it was a real shame how they betrayed the Republic and all. He used to tell me about the stuff he saw and some of the things his friends told him about. I can't remember if he said he saw it or if it was a story one of his friends told...How long have you been a Jedi?"

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Sep 29 2005, 11:19 AM
"It all depends on how you define 'been.' I've been Force-sensitive all my life, but didn't know it for what it was. My parents were smart enough to put two and two together when I was a kid and kept doing all these crazy things; I'd know when storms were coming. I knew when riots were going to start down in the Industrial District due to unrest about Imperial edicts. I used to go to the Carnival, and I'd find someone doing their little 'Hide the Ball' game, and I never lost. Anyway, that's when my parents picked up lock, stock, and ship and moved us out to the Outer Rim. On that trip was when I first got a package that opened my eyes to a whole new world. An old on-the-run Jedi gave me a sealed container that contained a virtual library of datacards with lessons on the Force. It also had a lightsaber and holovids to teach me how to use it. Anyway,we thought we'd gotten past the Empire's reach, but then that Grand Admiral Thrawn got sent out that way to do some policing. By the time I was in my mid-teen years I had already started training real hard with the lessons, and began using my abilities to help the locals raid the Imperial garrison, their patrols, whatever they had because we knew that the Emperor was never going to be able to fund adequate troop presence that far out."

Posted by: theophilus Sep 29 2005, 12:55 PM
"So, what can you do? Da said the Jedi were magicians and tricksters, but good fighters. What part do you see yourself playing on this mission?"

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Sep 30 2005, 06:30 AM
"I don't know about being a magician or a trickster... I do know the Force. Well, I'm learning to know the Force. There's still so much for me to learn, but I am starting to get good at the things I do know. I hope to serve as an advance-warning system. I have at least half a shot at knowing if someone or something means me harm. As I come to know you, I'll be better able to pick up on such intent aimed at all of you as well. At least, as long as you're with me. Beyond that... Well, I'm here to lend my abilities to the destruction of the Empire. That is my overall goal. That and mastering my abilities. For this mission in particular, that means keeping you all alive and securing this base with as little life lost as possible."

Posted by: NEW KID Oct 1 2005, 12:25 PM
All three of their comlink started beeping, and a few seconds later, someone said through it.

"We are ready, please report to the armory."

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Oct 1 2005, 12:26 PM
"Well, that's our number." Gets up from the table, pays the tab, and heads out toward the armory, making sure to collect Tekku on the way out.

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Oct 1 2005, 01:35 PM
Offhandedly... "I wonder how well they're going to be able to accommodate our Intel and equipment requests... Perhaps we should have gone to schmooze the quartermaster instead."

Posted by: theophilus Oct 1 2005, 01:56 PM
"Well, this job may sound minor, but I have a feeling there's more to it than the surface appearance. That's pretty SOP around here. I'm sure we'll get what they have, though I know some alternate sources if we have any trouble."

Keeli keeps up with Cal as they head out.

"He Tekku, How're you feeling?"

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Oct 1 2005, 02:04 PM
QUOTE
I'm sure we'll get what they have, though I know some alternate sources if we have any trouble."


"I'm glad to hear that. We may need to make use of them, should the amount of equipment prove inadequate.

"I agree with you, though. I definitely get the impression that there's much we don't know about this. I just hope we can learn it safely BEFORE we need the knowledge..."

Posted by: theophilus Oct 1 2005, 02:08 PM
QUOTE
"I agree with you, though. I definitely get the impression that there's much we don't know about this. I just hope we can learn it safely BEFORE we need the knowledge..."


"Well, that's always plan A."

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Oct 1 2005, 02:10 PM
Cal laughs easily, a twinkle in his eyes.

"Hopefully we won't need a plan B. We DO have a plan B, don't we?"

Posted by: Teradoxx Oct 1 2005, 04:11 PM
QUOTE (theophilus @ Oct 1 2005, 09:56 PM)
"He Tekku, How're you feeling?"

Answering without looking a Keeli.

''Fine.''

He then walks up front, a little ahead of Cal and Keeli.

Posted by: theophilus Oct 1 2005, 04:52 PM
"Plan B is always the same... Improvise."

Posted by: NEW KID Oct 2 2005, 01:24 PM
As the threesome returned to the armory, the quarter master greeted them, smiling.

"I had just looked through your request, all of the items available were already sent to the hangar, where you'll be departing shortly. Unavailable items include some of the documents you requested, airborne surveillance droids and campsite defense system. There aren't enough room in your drop pod to accomadate these items. Additionally, there are two tents and survival packs, one for the males and one for Keeli here. You also get a comset, but thats about it"

He grinned.

"No land transport available either, your on foot."

"Please report to the hangar, you guys are going. May the force be with you."

Posted by: theophilus Oct 2 2005, 03:06 PM
"Well, unless the tents are armored or invisible to outsiders I'd just as soon leave it behind in favor of the remotes. I won't be using it anyway and it will just be taking up space in the kit. So what's say we make a trade, you keep the tent and I'll take the remotes and camp defenses. If it comes to one or the other, I'll take the remotes. Which docs are we getting?"

Posted by: NEW KID Oct 2 2005, 08:38 PM
"Can't do, we have none available."
"We don't hav a map and the communication log does not contain anything important. None were actually made except bi-hourly transmission that tells us they are still functioning. Anything else is available."

OOC
I would love to make a map, but i don't have any paint programs or scanner

Posted by: theophilus Oct 2 2005, 09:36 PM
"Well, keep the tent anyway. It'll just be extra weight left in the pod. Oh wait. Do you have any predator attractant, blindfolds and tabacc sticks? Maybe a glowlite sign reading "Eat us, eat us, eat us? We'd probably be able to find a use for it." With that she stalks off to the hangar bay shaking her head.

Posted by: Teradoxx Oct 2 2005, 11:43 PM
''Let's just get going.''

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Oct 3 2005, 05:53 AM
Cal shakes his head slightly, a crooked grin on his lips. "This is definitely going to be interesting," he says to no one in particular, turning on his heel and following his companions.

Posted by: Teradoxx Oct 3 2005, 03:22 PM
Tekku walks up front, and heads for the hangar.

Posted by: NEW KID Oct 3 2005, 04:07 PM
The quarter master sighed us the three left.......................
"May the force be with you." he said again under his breath, turning back.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Greg greeted his three chosen people at the hangar. Behind him was a Lambda Class shuttle, painted with the New Republic Emblem on the side. It looks fairly new

"I trust that you guys had a good meal? Cause you guys are stuck with tasteless ration cubes for several days.." he smirked, "very well, get on board, the trip will be about eight hours. During which you cannot smoke or eat, because it might attract these creatures easily, after seven hours, you'll be loaded into your drop pod, which all your requested equipments are already loaded. Upon arrival, you'll should set up camp, but its up to you."

After that, he boarded the shuttle him self...

Posted by: theophilus Oct 3 2005, 05:18 PM
Keeli pauses before entering the shuttle. She draws a small amulet from her tunic kisses it and slips it back in her clothes. Then she gets aboard and heads to her gear, unloading the IR bodysuit, helmet and cloak, prepping them for getting into as soona s the shuttle is in hyperspace.

Posted by: Teradoxx Oct 4 2005, 03:50 AM
Tekku finds a seat, and straps himself in. He holds the necklace.

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Oct 4 2005, 04:51 AM
Cal secures himself a set of the IR garments and straps himself in, preparing for liftoff and the jump to hyperspace. He goes into meditation until they actually hit lightspeed, clearing his mind and preparing for the task ahead.

Posted by: theophilus Oct 4 2005, 09:14 AM
Keeli retrieves the rifle and pistol from her kit and straps in examining the slides and chambers for damage as they take off and head for the hyper limit.

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Oct 4 2005, 10:21 AM
Cal stretches his senses deeply into the Force, sensing all about himself. He takes in the Sense of his companions, learning how they each resonate within the Force, marking it in his mind so he can find it more easily as they're on the mission. He stretches beyond the limits of the shuttle, feeling the boundaries of realspace, searching for the moment that they cross over into lightspeed.

Posted by: Teradoxx Oct 4 2005, 10:47 AM
Tekku keeps a close watch on Cal.

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Oct 4 2005, 11:48 AM
(OOC- Okay, I'm gonna assume we just get to hyperspace with no problems...)


(IC) Cal's eyes open the moment the ship leaves realspace. His head turns and he looks at Tekku. "And we're off," he says. "Time to slip into something a little less comfortable..."

Cal unstraps his webbing and retrieves the bodysuit he was issued. He goes back to the refresher to change. He comes back out several minutes later wearing the bodysuit and carrying a rucksack with his other clothing inside. In his other hand he's carrying a utility belt with a combat harness attached. Numerous pouches cover the harness and utility belt, and from one side of the belt a long silver cylinder dangles.

Cal spends the next several minutes preparing his gear. He selects a set of the scout-grade armor and dons it. He then begins making adjustments to his belt and harness, fitting them over the armor. He takes one of the slugthrower pistols issued by the armory and inspects it, looking at the case of silencers included. He takes one, screws it onto the barrel, then shoves the weapon into a holster, which he then attaches to the right side of his utility belt. Buckling the strap around his thigh, he walks the length of the compartment in an effort to find the most comfortable fit. He fiddles with it for several moments, then comes to a position he likes. He draws and reholsters the weapon several times to get the feel. He eyes the rifles, then thinks again and returns to his seat. He picks up and dons the helmet. As the device settles onto his head, all the electronic gear inside fires up, coming online. The computer goes through its initial diagnostics, then the display fades, leaving only the view through the viewplate.

Over the next half an hour, Cal works through all the devices in his helmet. He acquaints himself with the controls for the comlink, holorecording devices, and the life sensors. He becomes able to activate everything fairly well, and begins walking through the compartment to get used to looking through the viewplate with the heads-up information displayed. He finally removes the helmet and sets it aside. Turning to Keeli and Tekku he says,
"You two want to go divvy up the ammo?"

Posted by: Teradoxx Oct 4 2005, 01:50 PM
As Tekku sees Cal gearing up, he decides that might be a good idea. He heads out of the lounge and comes back a minute later, wearing the Camo-Armor he requested. He also has a backpack on the back with his clothes. He has attached his Ammo Bandolier over the shoulder. Also his belt with the blaster pouch, is strapped around his his hip. He has his Heavy Blaster holstered and looks ready to go. If you look good, Tekku wears the necklace on the outside of the armor.

''So you ready to go?''

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Oct 4 2005, 02:17 PM
Cal looks good. He also looks closely, so he sees the necklace. tongue.gif

"Well, we've still got some time before we drop out of hyperspace. I don't know about you, but I personally wish we'd had an opportunity to get these weapons sighted in properly before getting sent out. We'd better take a bit of time before we head out to get that done.

"Not that your blaster is a bad weapon by any standards; but you might want to think about taking one of these slugthrower pistols as well. Our intel said that the hides on these things is practically blaster-proof. I think you should have the blaster in case we come up against Imperials, but it'd probably be wise to have a backup for these monstrosities." Cal leans in consipiratorily toward Tekku and says, with a smile, "I wouldn't want to rob you of your share of the kills." He winks at Tekku as he straightens back up.

Posted by: Teradoxx Oct 4 2005, 02:40 PM
Tekku seems to lighten up after all.

''You wish.''

Tekku grabs a slugthrower and a silencer, stuffs some extra slugthrower ammo into the bandolier and readies the pistol.

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Oct 4 2005, 02:49 PM
Cal just smiles at him, going through the ammo. He takes about a third of each type available, stowing it in his various pouches.

Posted by: Teradoxx Oct 4 2005, 02:52 PM
Tekku suddenly draws the slugthrower. But he seems to practice his quickness and aim with it, so no alarm there. He first points it at Keeli, then Cal, but he has unloaded it so nobody can get hurt. He practices with different angles too, to get the perfect aim.

Posted by: theophilus Oct 4 2005, 03:08 PM
Keeli goes over her weapons meticulously and methodically. For the rifle she wraps ot in strips of cloth and spends some time dulling the finish with the cloth. When she's satisfied with the weaponry, she inspects the armor and bodysuit. She retires to the refresher to change. When she comes out, she sees the cylinder at Cal's hip. "Tuck that thing away. We don't want any errant flashes giving away our position." To Tekku, "The nice shiny necklace too. Tuck it in. Keep your sights covered until you need them. Lets do a quick comm check. Helmets on please."

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Oct 4 2005, 03:12 PM
Cal begins looking over the slugthrower rifles available. He selects one, looks down the sights, and makes some adjustments to the strap so it fits over his armor. He gathers his equipment together from the allotment provided and prepares for entering the escape pod for insertion to the planet's surface. As he finishes suiting up, he reaches into his rucksack and draws out an oddly shaped holster. He attaches this to the left side of his utility belt and straps it to his thigh. Unclipping the lightsaber from its place on his belt, he tucks the hilt neatly into the tube-shaped leather, concealing all but the top two inches. "Thanks," he says. "I was just getting to that. Learned that lesson the hard way back home. Once while we were supposed to ambush a patrol, one of them saw a glint off my lightsaber. A couple of our guys got shot up pretty badly; my father made this for me soon after." He sighs. "It was a hard lesson, but a good one. I've had this thing with me ever since, but only use it when stealth is a must and I'm not wearing a cloak or robes to conceal it."

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Oct 4 2005, 03:20 PM
(OOC- I'd thought the weapons would have come camouflaged... good one, theophilus!)

Cal follows Keeli's example and begins likewise dulling the finish on his weapons. In the midst of this, he dons his helmet again for a comm check, then checks his spare comlink.

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Oct 4 2005, 03:25 PM
"Keeli, since you seem to be something of an expert on this new ammo, and I'm not real familiar with it, I'd be open to advice on some different uses for the different types. What's best to use when, and so forth. I'm mostly familiar with this (pats lightsaber) and with blasters. Haven't used slugthrowers much, I'm afraid."

Posted by: theophilus Oct 4 2005, 04:49 PM
"Well, The explosive ammo is a back-up in most cases. Most intrusion work we use the regular rounds in a silenced weapon. The explosive is for harder targets or when the cover is blown and you really need to start knocking people over. I'd recommend explosive for the rifle and standard for the pistol, unless we get into a sniping situation. If we're dealing with a containment issue and we know the beasties are on the prowl, I'll be switching to explosive rounds. If these things are blaster-proof, the slugs may get through, but may not. In that case, we're in serious trouble.

"On touch-down, the first thing we're going to want to do is get clear of the pod and try to find safe high ground, some place we can hide and defend. We have to go in assuming there are imps on the ground and they know we've landed and the things are loose. We've got to get clear of the pod and then find out which of these assumptions we can confirm."

Posted by: Teradoxx Oct 5 2005, 02:01 AM
Take the demolitions pack, tucks it in his backpack. Then he takes his helmet on, but without tucking the necklace in.

''Me neither, but i seem to have natuiral affinity with guns and blasters.''

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Oct 5 2005, 05:27 AM
"I have to agree. We need to be away from the pod in case there are either Imps or loose creatures; either will be likely to investigate, so we'll need to be away from it- perhaps within line-of-sight so we can observe possible investigators, but away nonetheless. Plus, if these things really are arboreal we'll certainly not want to be camping out in the trees. Nothing like spreading out a picnic lunch for the beasties...

"Thanks for the advice on the ammo. Just sing out if we ought to switch over." Cal loads his weapons according to Keeli's advice- explosive in the rifle, standard in the pistol.

"Although if we have issues with even this ammo, we still have a skifter in the sabaac deck..." He pats his lightsaber.

Posted by: theophilus Oct 5 2005, 01:09 PM
Keeli shrugs. "We'll want to make the pod crash look like a malfunction or accidental launch, So we have to get everything, every sign of us out right away. We'll lock it down and make it look good as new. Cal will take point and I'll take drog. Tekku in the middle. We'll move single file until we're a couple clicks away. I'll try to cover our tracks." We move fast and quiet. Use the baffled helmet comlinks if necessary and keep it short. Also, keep something between you and the sky. A silhouette on a ridge makes a great target, so never go high enough to make one."

Keeli finishes and flops into her seat, opening the files on her datapad and skimming the files for intel on the facility.

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Oct 5 2005, 01:10 PM
Cal goes to the cockpit to ask for a datacard with sensor readouts of the planet, particularly the landing zone, before they head into the escape pod for their insertion.

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Oct 5 2005, 01:14 PM
Cal figures it would be a good idea to have whatever current intel they can get on the planet and LZ. He knows that they might not be able to do an active sensor scan due to suspected Imp presence, but he'll take whatever he can get.

Posted by: NEW KID Oct 5 2005, 02:38 PM
New Endor

Type: Forest covered
Temperature: Tropical
Atmosphere: Type I (breathable)
Hydrosphere: Moist
Gravity: Standard
Terrain: Jungle, Swamps, Oceans, Rivers, Lake, Ponds
Length of Day: 24 Hours
Length of Year: 365 Local Days
Sapient Races: -none known-
Starport: -none-
Population: 6 (scientists)
Planet Function: -none-
Government: -none-
Tech Level: -none-
Major Exports: -none-
Major Imports: -none-

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Oct 5 2005, 02:43 PM
(OOC- what's the likelihood of getting some sensor readings before we drop in?)

Posted by: NEW KID Oct 5 2005, 02:43 PM
Facility is located in the jungles, somewhere near the equator (same tropical temp. though), the place is heavily forested. You'll be dropped about seven klicks northeast of the place, in a swampy area. We are aiming for a small clearing, but chances of getting dropped on a tree is pretty high. If you get about two klicks away from the clearing, the ground will be drier. Really don't want to camp in the swamps, reptilians life forms are vicious

Posted by: NEW KID Oct 5 2005, 02:44 PM
Sure, no problem

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Oct 5 2005, 02:44 PM
QUOTE (Jedi Skyler @ Oct 5 2005, 04:43 PM)
(OOC- what's the likelihood of getting some sensor readings before we drop in?)

(OOC- especially if we can get some life form readings, with concentrations, etc.)

Posted by: NEW KID Oct 5 2005, 02:48 PM
OOC
Thats going to be no use, millions of creatures everywhere, you can't tell.....

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Oct 5 2005, 02:52 PM
No chance of narrowing it down to larger life forms in perhaps a ten-klick radius of the facility?

Posted by: NEW KID Oct 5 2005, 03:04 PM
OOC
none, can't get close enough without compromising position to scan and tell sizes of life forms

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Oct 5 2005, 03:08 PM
(OOC... kinda figured. dry.gif Oh well. Can't blame a guy for tryin'.)

(IC to pilots) "How long until we drop?"

Posted by: NEW KID Oct 5 2005, 03:10 PM
"An hour, you guys want to start loading up. Once we arrive in the system, you'll immediately be dropped and we'll leave."

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Oct 5 2005, 03:10 PM
...

Posted by: NEW KID Oct 5 2005, 03:15 PM
"Uh..........check in the closet thing right out side of the engine storage housing."

Posted by: NEW KID Oct 5 2005, 03:23 PM
He finds one, a spray can, almost full

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Oct 5 2005, 03:24 PM
Cal sits down in his seat, going back into a Jedi meditation exercise to calm himself and begins concentrating on the mission. As they get within perhaps ten minutes of departure, he stretches his senses toward the planet to see what he might be able to detect.

Posted by: NEW KID Oct 5 2005, 03:34 PM
Someone said over the ship's speakers

"Load up, people, ETA 20 minutes."

Posted by: theophilus Oct 5 2005, 05:41 PM
Keeli bags her gear and moves to the escape pod. She leaves her personal effects on the shuttle proper. She checks the weapons once more and then slips her helmet over her head, making sure her hair is all tucked in and no skin is showing. She slips the rifle across her chest holding it tight against her. I hate hard landings. She speaks into her comm:

//test 1...2...test 1...2... Kilo to Charlie Tango...respond if you read. over.//

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Oct 6 2005, 05:03 AM
"Tango, this is Charlie. Read you loud and clear, over."

Cal likewise enters the pod, securing his gear and preparing for launch.

Posted by: Teradoxx Oct 6 2005, 07:09 AM
Last is Tekku, taking one last check through his gear. Then he head into the pod.

He says in the built-in comlink. ''Read ya.''

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Oct 6 2005, 07:20 AM
Cal reaches for the controls and seals the pod. He makes sure his crash webbing is secure, but not caught on any of his weapons or gear. He looks around at his teammates to ensure they're similarly situated.

He switches his comm frequency to the shuttle's command freq for a moment.

<Flight deck, this is Insertion Team. Pod is secure, ready for drop, over.>

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Oct 6 2005, 07:22 AM
Upon confirmation from the flight deck, Cal switches his comm back to the original channel and stretches his senses outward, reaching through the Force to find the planet.

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Oct 6 2005, 09:21 AM
He allows his Sense to start radiating outward from himself, taking in the sense of his comrades, gauging their mental states as his awareness passes by them and outside the ship to the approaching planet.

Posted by: Teradoxx Oct 6 2005, 11:53 AM
Tekku lights a Tabacc, before they begin their mission. He smokes it as if it might be his last.

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Oct 6 2005, 12:11 PM
Cal notices the smoke and uses a small corner of his brain to use telekinesis to gather the smoke up at the ceiling of the pod, sending it right out the ventilation system. It's obvious to anyone who looks that the smoke is not traveling in a normal wafting pattern. "No offense, Tekku. I just don't want the smoke to mark us for these predators."

Posted by: Teradoxx Oct 6 2005, 01:04 PM
Looks at Cal with a smal grin on his face.

''Dont worry, I wont let the nasty tigers bite you.''

Posted by: NEW KID Oct 6 2005, 01:55 PM
"Reversion in 5.........4..............3..........2........."

Silence

"1"

Cal immediately sense something different, what use to be a blurr is now semi-clear. He immediately sensed the planet, full of lifeforms..............

"This is the pilot, scan complete, nothing you can derive from it, bunch of lifeforms, no particular pattern. Prepare for____"

The comm channel suddenly blanked out for a second, the three in the pod could hear distinctive bunch of typing and someone working with equipments.

"Sith spit! We have just detected a victory class star destroyer, it left the system four seconds after we have arrived.................."

"Oh well...."

"Commence pod ejection........."

Posted by: Teradoxx Oct 6 2005, 02:56 PM
Tekku stubs out his Tabacc.

''Well, here we go.''

Posted by: theophilus Oct 6 2005, 05:25 PM
Keeli stares across the pod at Tekku. "Hand 'em over." She says in her most serious voice, "I specifically told you not to bring them. Are you really this stupid? You can't possibly be this stupid. If you want to get yourself killed do it on another mission, Not on this one. Hand over the smokes, NOW."

Posted by: Teradoxx Oct 6 2005, 11:44 PM
Tekku glances at Keeli.

''Easy now, humie. I wont smoke when were on ground.''

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Oct 7 2005, 04:47 AM
"Just the same, Tekku... You ought to leave them either at camp if we leave one established, or tuck them away in one of our packs so you don't absently grab for one." Cal holds up a hand to forestall any protests. I'm not saying you necessarily would, and I know you wouldn't purposely do anything to jeopardize the mission. But you might unconsciously grab one and light it because that's just what you do. I've watched you since we met, and you smoke them almost nonstop. I've no idea how long you've done so, but it's evident from the way you pull one out and light it that you've been smoking them long enough to perform those actions without thought.

"And it's not my hide I'm so worried about," he adds, a twinkle in his eye and a slight grin on his face, although it's hidden by his helmet.

Posted by: Teradoxx Oct 7 2005, 07:15 AM
''At least you know who to express youreself properly.''

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Oct 7 2005, 08:38 AM
Cal looks at Tekku. "Hey, now... maybe she shouldn't be calling you stupid, but she's frustrated. We'd already gone over how those tabaac sticks will just attract predators- something we MIGHT be able to use, once we get a sense for the situation. But she's understandably upset. If I hadn't been able to keep that smoke up and away from us, we'd all be marked by it."

He looks at both of them, then says, "We've all got to get along, or we might not make it through this. We need to put aside our personal differences now. If you want to resume them when we're done, fine. That's your business. But while we're on this mission, we're the best friends. Alright?"

Posted by: theophilus Oct 7 2005, 09:04 AM
"Look, just having those on you having the smoke on you here in this capsule makes you and as a result all of us an easier target to find. Not just for predators, but for any being with a nose. Intelligent beings will immediately know what it is and what it means. Animals will consider it a possible source of food and worth investigating. Once we hit the ground those things get buried and deep. I'm not here for sensitivity training. I'm here to complete a mission. A mission that just gets more difficult with everything you do. Arrogance and bravado don't make heroes, they make corpses.

"My problem with you isn't personal it's professional. Can the machismo banthadrek and think for a few minutes about what your antics could cost all three of us and the Republic."

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Oct 7 2005, 09:14 AM
Cal goes into the Force, beginning to send peace out in small, gentle waves. Nothing specific, just a gentle calming. He works to start it at an unnoticeable level, slowly building it up so that no one feels like they're being manipulated.

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Oct 7 2005, 09:43 AM
Once he's gotten the process started, Cal says, "Alright, let's calm down. How about we work out a plan of attack for when we hit the ground? We'll need to get away from the pod immediately; that's the first place anyone's going to look. There' Imps here; we have to assume that, especially given the Star Destroyer that hightailed it out of here right after we showed up. That also means we need to work quickly, assuming that reinforcements will be coming."

Posted by: theophilus Oct 7 2005, 11:02 AM
"Nothing changes about the plan except that we now have one of our assumptions confirmed."

Posted by: Teradoxx Oct 7 2005, 12:31 PM
''Great! Now we know who to use as bait.''

When Cal and Keeli begins discussing the Imperials, Tekku get's quite serious.

''I hope we land soon, or else that Star Destroyer is going to have the best of us.''

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Oct 7 2005, 12:40 PM
"Right. I haven't been able to detect anything but... life down there. I can't define it any further down than that yet. I'll keep trying, but I can't promise anything." He lifts his helmet and looks at Keeli with humor glinting in his eyes, "No lasers out of my eyes, I'm afraid." He smiles as he replaces his helmet.

Posted by: theophilus Oct 7 2005, 03:29 PM
"The problem now is this, There are three of us. We have no idea how many of them there are, but it's sure to be more than three, and we may have these super-predators on the loose. They may not "know" we're Republic, but they certainly can't take any chances. They will assume we're Republic. Which means our cover is blown from the start. We're going to be hunted from the start and they will be able to anticipate our landing site by our entry trajectory. They may even be in force upon our arrival. If this is the case we don't stand a chance. If we happen to beat them to the ground our only chance is to run the other way hard and fast. This mission ought to be scrubbed right here and now and handed over to the military out of hand. As we're already on the way down, we're forced to work with what we've got, which is very little. Suprise is gone. Numbers is right out. All we have left is skill and evasion. If Cal can act as an early warning system we have a useful asset in his abilities. Still nothing changes about our immediate situation. We hit, we run and we cover our tracks."


Posted by: Teradoxx Oct 7 2005, 03:44 PM
''And if we take you're theory, use me as bait. Im the smeller, right?''

Tekku rolls his eyes.

''I dont want any comments on that. Let's just get this done.''

Posted by: theophilus Oct 7 2005, 04:34 PM
"Look, I don't care what you do when you're not on the mission. I care about what you do that puts us all in greater danger. We're a team and we all need to be a team. That means not doing things to put the rest of your team in danger. You can't do whatever you want on this kind of mission. You do, and you'll get others killed too. You're the only one here who seems to have a problem with a species other than your own."

Posted by: NEW KID Oct 7 2005, 07:35 PM
The debate was suddenly interrupted when the comm crackled to life again.

"........Ejection in 3"

There was a beeping sound as all the doors sealed shut, preparing for the launch.

"2"

They could feel vibrating as the pod's controls hummed to life and machinery preparing to throw them out.

"1"

There was a BAM! as the thrusters came to life, ejecting them from the shuttle.

"Away! May the force be with you."

As the pod spin toward the planet, they could see out of a hind viewport the shuttle jumping into hyperspace.

They were alone.....................

Suddenly there was a huge shudder as the pod entered the atmosphere......they sped down, going at an incredible speed, Cal, who was upfront, could see the ground coming at them at alarming speed, and at the last moment, He fired the parachute, the three felt a huge jerk as gravity kicked in. The parachute came out, but they hardly slowed down. They were heading towards a endless sea of trees, though about 500 north, they could see a swampy clearing.

They had missed the drop point……………

Though they hardly have time to worry about that, as soon as they got a view of the surrounding, everything turned green as they hit a tree. They immediately stopped falling………..

Action?

Posted by: theophilus Oct 7 2005, 08:47 PM
Keeli sees the parachute and shouts, "By the stars who planned this mission? A manual parachute? Did they remember to send engraved announcements of our arrival?" As she rants she hits the release on her harness, "Cal are we on the ground or in a tree? Can you see?" She moves toward the hatch.

Posted by: Teradoxx Oct 8 2005, 05:48 AM
''I'll drop the Tabacc's, if you're going to make a huge problem out of it, then kill me here. I'll eventyually kill us all, right? And no I dont have a problem with other species only the ones getting on my nerves, that can't be satisfied with anything.''

Looks out of the window.

''Seen any of them tiger's? They are supposed to crawl right behind us, right?''

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Oct 8 2005, 06:26 AM
(OOC- Cal is stretching his Sense as far as he can, taking in all the surroundings from immediately around the pod out as far as he can go. As for whether they're in a tree or on the ground, the equipment I requested (and was told we received) included in-helmet sensors which had altitude indicators. For that, I'll simply activate mine and have it tell me how high we are.)

"Alright, ENOUGH! We're not bickering anymore. We're not using anyone as 'bait,' and we're getting out of this pod momentarily. Telemetry is coming in now..."


Posted by: NEW KID Oct 8 2005, 08:10 AM
OCC
wat sense skill are u using??
life, danger, combat??

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Oct 8 2005, 01:20 PM
(OOC- Let's make it Life Sense. My altimeter should tell me how high we are, which will tell me the danger level of a fall. If I detect life, then I'll switch over to danger sense to see if anyone or anything is targeting us.)

Posted by: NEW KID Oct 8 2005, 07:23 PM
As Tekku looks out the bakc windows, all he see is leaves and branches.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cal touched the force try to distinguish life forms around him, all he could sense is plants and insects......

The helmet altitude reading indicates they are about 50 meters in the air....

Action?

Posted by: theophilus Oct 8 2005, 09:10 PM
Keeli moves to the hatch and opens it. She climbs out onto the pod and checks to see what they're hung up on. Is it the parachute cables or the pod itself keeping them in the tree?

Posted by: Teradoxx Oct 9 2005, 01:37 AM
Tekku walks over to the hatch and draws his Macro-Binocular and haves a look downward. If he sees something he'll inform the others. If not, he'll also claim down.

Posted by: NEW KID Oct 10 2005, 02:56 PM
(OOC: waiting for jedi skyler...)

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Oct 11 2005, 06:46 AM
Cal looks to see if they can safely climb down, or if it's a straight drop. If it's a drop, we can use some synthrope to lower ourselves down. (OOC- I don't have time to go back and re-read to see if any of us actually have that in our inventory or not) If there's none, Cal will engage Concentration to get the +4D to any one action in the next round, then use Telekinesis to lower someone safely to the ground.He'll repeat this process for as long as it takes to get everyone down, along with all their gear.

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Oct 11 2005, 06:47 AM
(OOC- Sorry it took me so long to post. Wasn't around a computer yesterday. sad.gif )

Posted by: NEW KID Oct 11 2005, 05:56 PM
Episode One "Settling In"
Round One "Duck!"


As the three of them stepped out of the pod, they checked the surroundings. For some reason, they are on "solid ground". The floor seems to be made of and hold up by millions and millions of branches and sticks. Around them, are three huge oval stones, almost like eggs. Behind them, their pod seems to be stuck between two branches, with the hatch opening onto this platform like thing they are on. Which is surrounded by a short wall-like thing. Tekku went over the edge and peeked down, the ground is about fifty meters below them...

Then Cal noticed a huge shadow racing toward them. Seems like a huge flying bird of some sort, it swooped toward the back of Keeli's head. Cal called "DUCK!"

Keeli instinctively bent down, and the huge bird rushed pass her, its long beaks stabbed the air where her neck was moments ago. As it passed the three of them, it prepared to turn around, doing another pass onto them....

The obvious hit all three of them at once, they had landed in a bird nest, and the mama ain't happy....

Action?

Posted by: theophilus Oct 11 2005, 09:03 PM
Keeli's instincts shove her conscious thoughts aside like a Hutt headed for the buffet. She dives back into the escape pod for cover. Once inside, she draws her psitol.

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Oct 12 2005, 06:21 AM
Cal ducks for cover by the pod. He does his best to keep the mama bird in sight, then uses Projective Telepathy to send waves of soothing calm to the avian. He keeps it simple, using peaceful emotions to convey the fact that he and his companions are merely misplaced, and mean no harm to either the mother or her eggs. Just the same, he'll draw his lightsaber in case all else fails.

Posted by: Teradoxx Oct 12 2005, 07:55 AM
As the other two, Tekku also dives for the pod and draws his slugthrower and points it at the avain.

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Oct 12 2005, 10:02 AM
Cal also does his best to project that he and his companions are leaving the nest, that they're not touching the eggs at all, and even tries to project that the pod is a gift for the avian.

To the others he says, quietly, "Get all our gear from the pod- SLOWLY. Hopefully this bird will believe what I'm projecting and take the pod as a gift. What she'll do with it remains to be seen, but she might even see it as another egg." Cal waits for Keeli and Tekku to grab their gear and pass his own to him, then adds the notion that they've brought another egg for the avian to the peaceful tendrils he's already extending to the protective mother.

Posted by: Teradoxx Oct 12 2005, 12:50 PM
Tekku grabs all his gear, takes on his camouflage poncho and begins headin down from the pod.

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Oct 12 2005, 02:45 PM
"Keep it slow and easy," Cal says through the comlink. "I'm working very hard to calm her and convince her we're not here for her eggs. No sudden moves. If you think you're going to fall, stop moving immediately. Let me know and I'll see if I can help you."

Posted by: NEW KID Oct 12 2005, 04:02 PM
Episode One
Round Two "Damn it, we hav to fight!"


Apparently the bird wasn't as dumb as Cal hoped she was. As all three of them scrambled into the pod, collecting equipments. The bird vanished from sight. Also, Cal's telepathy did nothing to calm it as they suddenly hear a loud shriek, the mama is getting angrier.

"Where did it go?"

Moments later, they got the answer. There was a huge shudder was something big slammed into the side of the pod. Knocking it into the nest. It rolled around and hit one of the eggs, hard, making a huge crack into it. Tekku and Cal fell out of the pod, each with there weapons in their hand. Keeli managed to hang on and stayed in the pod.

As Tekku stood up, he saw the giant bird speeding toward them, theres no time to run back into the pod.

"Damn it! We have to fight!"

Action?

Posted by: theophilus Oct 12 2005, 05:26 PM
Shaken, Keeli remains in the pod, she moves quickly to the opening and, if possible, draws a bead on the beast's wing with her silenced pistol loaded with conventional ammo. She fires one shot.

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Oct 13 2005, 06:07 AM
Cal, once he's on his feet, activates Lightsaber Combat and ignites his lightsaber. He will wait for the bird to close.

Posted by: Teradoxx Oct 13 2005, 07:41 AM
Tekku gets on his feet and takes aim against the bird's head. Then he fires.

Posted by: NEW KID Oct 13 2005, 06:16 PM
Round Three- "How strong is this creature?"


Keeli's shot managed to hit the bird on its wing, but it didn't do any damage, Cal successfully called upon the force, but the bird is no where in range of the lightsaber. Tekku also fired a shot, but the bird excecuted a smooth roll and the blast sped right past it, hitting a tree and showering sparks.

The bird got even madder, and as it let out another screech, it turn from its original course toward Tekku and Cal and start diving toward the pod......where Keeli is.

Action?


Posted by: Teradoxx Oct 14 2005, 05:39 AM
Tekku yells.

''Keeli! It's coming for you!''

Then he lets another shot out towards the bird.

Posted by: theophilus Oct 14 2005, 09:06 AM
Keeli pushes grabs the two sets of harness straps closest to the door of the pod and draws them together across the doorway, clicking the latches into place, creating a web of harness across the doorway, she then drops back into the deepest part of the pod and prepares to shoot.

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Oct 14 2005, 10:29 AM
Since the hatch opens onto this "landing," Cal moves to within lightsaber range of the opening. Then he waits for the Force to tell him when and where to strike.

Posted by: NEW KID Oct 16 2005, 08:56 PM
Tekku's shot hit one of the bird's taloned feet, causing sickly red blood to spill everywhere. It screeched yet again with anger and rammed the pod. Lucky for Keeli, who was well harnessed, she was not hurt. The pod rolled and slammed into one of the eggs, cracking it. The mama bird is strong.

Cal managed to slice the bird's foot off, and as blood showered everywhere. The bird let out a wail, flew a little off to the distance and turned back to attack again. She was determind......

OOC: Good job, a few more hits and it should be dead.

Posted by: Teradoxx Oct 17 2005, 02:31 AM
Tekku takes careful aim fo rth head. When it's getting close he will shoot.

(OOC - Throw a Character Point in that shot.)

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Oct 17 2005, 05:44 AM
Cal takes a defensive stance, waiting for the bird to attack again. (OOC- He'll keep Lightsaber Combat "up" if the roll was successful.)

Posted by: theophilus Oct 17 2005, 09:38 AM
Keeli moves to the lip of the pod door and takes aim at the bird. When it is in range, she fires a single shot.

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Oct 17 2005, 11:05 AM
(OOC- Make sure ya don't peg me in the back of the head! biggrin.gif )

No, seriously... blink.gif

Posted by: NEW KID Oct 17 2005, 08:50 PM
Both Tekku and Keeli opened fire, and in unison, both shots sank into the bird's neck. Blood agains splatted everywhere. The bird let out one more moaning shreek before it fell out of the sky, crashing onto the ground below, where it lay motionless....

Posted by: theophilus Oct 17 2005, 10:50 PM
//Well, a giant bird shot to death should give them a clue we're here. So let's not be when they show up.//

Keeli begins pushing the crew's gear out of the pod and then draws in the pod's parachute. once these tasks are done, she closes the pod door and looks down out of the tree.

Posted by: Teradoxx Oct 18 2005, 12:37 AM
Tekku moves the body of the giant bird into a bush and even covers it up with leaves.

''There. If the tiger-things come, there'll have a fun time finding that one.''

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Oct 18 2005, 05:29 AM
Cal closes down his lightsaber and slides it back into the holster on his thigh. "Keeli's right. We need to get out of here as soon as possible." Cal grabs his share of the gear and looks for a way to shimmy down the trees.

Posted by: Teradoxx Oct 18 2005, 08:04 AM
''Yup.''

Teku also grabs his gear and begins his descent down the tree, making sure not to break too many small branches. That could make a lot of noise.

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Oct 18 2005, 09:01 AM
As a Jedi, Cal feels a certain sense of loss at having to kill the bird. After all, it was simply protecting its nest. He shakes his head as he thinks about the large eggs nestled in with the pod, wondering if they'll even survive.

Posted by: NEW KID Oct 18 2005, 05:32 PM
(OOC- RP your way down the tree, feel free to try anything)

Posted by: theophilus Oct 18 2005, 09:19 PM
Keeli watches Cal and Tekku as they make their way down the tree. With her experience in climbing, she's not about to leave anybody in the tree before she heads down herself. She unslings her rifle and keeps watch as far out as she can see.

Posted by: Teradoxx Oct 19 2005, 01:33 AM
(OOC - Oh sorry, I though me and SKyler were on ground.)

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Oct 19 2005, 07:11 AM
Cal finds what appears to be a suitable place to begin a descent. He pauses (OOC- for 3 rounds) to use the Force to Magnify his Senses. Once the Force power is activated, he begins his descent. He's using his boosted senses to keep tabs on the tree- to feel if his hand- or toe-holds are beginning to give way, to hear any possible movement from within, and to notice if the ambient fauna suddenly become silent or alarmed somehow- a sign that someone or something is coming.

Posted by: NEW KID Oct 19 2005, 03:29 PM
(OOC- I could be evil and say you guys forgot to bring your camping gear and stuff down, but I'm not that evil today....)

All three of them made it onto ground safely..........with their equipments beside them.

Action?
OOC Okay, what do u guys want to do now??

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Oct 19 2005, 03:32 PM
(OOC- Well, if you want to be technical, I at least did say that I grabbed my share of the gear...) tongue.gif

(IC)- "Alright. We need to get out of here as quickly as possible."

(OOC- Cal will activate Danger Sense before they head out. He'll shoulder his share of the gear and be ready to move out ASAP.)

Posted by: theophilus Oct 19 2005, 05:23 PM
Upon reaching the ground, Keeli's first action is to remove her pack and cover it in a fine layer of dust from below the tree. She takes handfulls of the round dirt and rubs it over her armor and gear, not her weapons or any equipment with moving parts.

//This will help make us smell like everything else. Draw a little less attention and take care of any glares we might otherwise cast.//

Keeli shoulders her gear, shaking off any loose dirt, and arranges it so as to keep her arms free. She calls up the map and gets her bearings based on their present location and the best route from here to the facility. She selects a route which will lead initially away from the facility and then back in an arc to a location where a ridge will provide them a natural height advantage to recon the facilities ground defenses.

She directs Cal and Tekku in front of her and then, as needed, covers any evidence of their travels. She keeps them walking single-file to conceal their number.

//We need to move at a good clip here and put on some distance. They likely know we're here and as soon as they find the pod they'll no we're a small group. Hopefully they won't be able to determine exactly how many.//

Posted by: Teradoxx Oct 20 2005, 02:26 AM
''Great idea.''

Tekku follows Keeli's example and covers the non-moving part of his gear in dirt. As her he shakes off any loose dirt.

''Let's get moving!''

Posted by: Jedi Skyler Oct 20 2005, 07:14 AM
Cal follows suit, camouflaging his scent with the loose dirt, keeping it away from the moving parts of his gear. Shaking off the excess, he heads out, walking silently but at a good pace. He keeps his senses extended to detect any danger.

Powered by Invision Power Board (http://www.invisionboard.com)
© Invision Power Services (http://www.invisionpower.com)