View Full Version: Star Wars D6: Dissension

Role Players Direct > Jamfke's World > Star Wars D6: Dissension

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 586

Title: Star Wars D6: Dissension


jamfke - January 22, 2006 04:13 AM (GMT)
The galaxy has been shaking since the events that led to the end of the war between the Seperatists and the Republic. Countless beings across the galaxy are being detained and questioned because of their loyalties during the conflict. Several worlds have been devastated by Imperial invasion for harboring fugitive Jedi or resisting the Emperors rule.

Many who thought they were safe during the war to carry out illicit trading or other unsavory deeds have gone into hiding or have disappeared entirely. The galaxy, if viewed from above would appear to be in flames from the Emperor's reign of fear.

There are some, however, that have made the decision to hold out for a time when the Emperor's tyranny can be destroyed. They wait for the sign that a force powerful enough to crush the mighty Empire will arise from the ashes of the Republic. That sign has its beginnings on an insignificant world in the outer rim of the galaxy. A planet that has seen its fair share of fading dreams...





In a small cantina near Tosche Station in Anchorhead, a man sits drinking a dirty glass of water while watching a static riddled holonet broadcast about Darth Vader. He sneers as the anouncer touts Vader as the Emperors new voice in the galaxy. He sneers because he served several missions under the man under that mask as one of the elite forces known as Vader's Fist.

Orgaloth - January 22, 2006 04:22 AM (GMT)
The man is sitting in a corner, cloak wrapped about his body, and hood up. All that can be seen of his face is his mouth as he drinks. The hand holding the glass is in some form of hard covering that is blue. He also looks slightly uncomfortable in the surounds, but at the moment he is too engrossed in the holo. There is a large pack sitting on the seat next to the man.

jamfke - January 22, 2006 05:20 AM (GMT)
He gulps down the last swallow of the metallic tasting fluid as the newscaster reports of yet another world being brought to justice by Vader and the 501st.

Orgaloth - January 22, 2006 05:28 AM (GMT)
In a quiet voice;

"Justice eh? I wonder how many children were killed in this campaigne. There's a difference between this justice and the justice that was wrought on Jabiim, LORD Vader."

Contempt is evident in his voice even if the reasons may not be clear.

jamfke - January 22, 2006 05:31 AM (GMT)
A Twilek barmaid stops at the table, "Fill your glass sir?"

Shathio - January 22, 2006 07:02 AM (GMT)
Haim steps into the Cantina. She looks around for a brief moment survaying the area and than begins looking for a empty table. This was the last planet she would have chosen for a destination but it looked like she was stranded here until she could find a way off this rock.

Orgaloth - January 22, 2006 10:27 AM (GMT)
The man looks up at the Twilek, then rumages around in his pack. When he looks back he seems to be concentrating before replying. His voice is slightly louder now that he's actually talking to someone, and it said as if he's not use to anyone talking back to him.

"Yes. One more."

As the new person enters, he looks over and seems to be gauging the individual

I wonder why one so young is coming into a place like this

He looks back to the barmaid.

"Is there an age limit in this structure? Or should I say in this establishment?"

He continues to watch the new arrival and the reaction she has had on the patrons of this hive of scum and villianary.

Darth Windu - January 22, 2006 03:02 PM (GMT)
"Evening," Josa said, plopping himself down in the chair opposite the cloaked man. To the barmaid he yelled, "Hey! His refill's on me!". In a hushed tone he queried "You were on Jambiim?"

Shathio - January 22, 2006 03:43 PM (GMT)
Haim turned to the cloaked man as he began to ask the barmaid about age limits.

"Hey, im just tryin to get out of the sun like everyone else."

Why do all these people have to make things so difficult. She thought sliding into a empty booth.

jamfke - January 22, 2006 07:17 PM (GMT)
The barmaid smiles at Josa with a twinkle in her eye, "And what can I get for you, handsome?"

Darth Windu - January 22, 2006 07:22 PM (GMT)
Josa winks at her and askes for a Corellian Brandy, straight up.

jamfke - January 22, 2006 07:28 PM (GMT)
QUOTE (Shathio @ Jan 22 2006, 10:43 AM)
Haim turned to the cloaked man as he began to ask the barmaid about age limits.

"Hey, im just tryin to get out of the sun like everyone else."

Why do all these people have to make things so difficult. She thought sliding into a empty booth.

The Ithorian bartender looks down at Haim, "You do look a bit young for a place like this, but if it is shelter you seek, you have it here at Horshs."

jamfke - January 22, 2006 07:28 PM (GMT)
QUOTE (Darth Windu @ Jan 22 2006, 02:22 PM)
Josa winks at her and askes for a Corellian Brandy, straight up.

She smiles back, "Right away sir."

Orgaloth - January 23, 2006 01:57 AM (GMT)
The man looks up and Josa can see a deep scar running across one of the mans eyes.

"I have never been to Jambiim. I fought at Jabiim though. Who are you?"

jamfke - January 23, 2006 01:59 AM (GMT)
Josa sees a face that seems extremely familiar.

Darth Windu - January 23, 2006 02:01 AM (GMT)
"Josa Valdeq, smuggler and free trader," he says, "But the more imporatant thing, who are you? The only things that fought on Jabiim recently were droids and clones,".

Orgaloth - January 23, 2006 02:12 AM (GMT)
"There were also Jedi there. I fought along side General Kenobi. In fact he saved my life on that field."

The man takes a sip of his drink and is momentarily lost in his memories, before coming back to reality.

"So what does a smuggler and free trader do?"

It's possible that he is joking, but there's something in his voice...

Darth Windu - January 23, 2006 02:19 AM (GMT)
Josa looks at him quiziclly. "I run around the galaxy, delivering usually illegal substances,"

Orgaloth - January 23, 2006 02:24 AM (GMT)
"So you break imperial laws? Interesting. Can you tell me more about your occupation?"

Darth Windu - January 23, 2006 02:33 AM (GMT)
"Okay, I take a smuggling run from a crimelord, a Hutt usually," Josa begins "I get the spices or money or whatever, and take it too wherever my employer wants," Josa looks at him more closely. " You're pretty suspicous,you still haven't told me who you are and most people on Tatooine know about smugglers, for all I know you could be an Imperial Secret Police Officer,".He pales. "Oh, frak, you are, aren't you?"

Orgaloth - January 23, 2006 02:42 AM (GMT)
The man smiles, and you can tell it's not something he does often.

"No, I'm not ISP. I'm new to this sector and am looking for transport. Lets just say I'm trying to find myself."

He takes another sip, looks a little thoughtful then,

"Sorry about the questions, but do you transport passengers?"

Darth Windu - January 23, 2006 02:46 AM (GMT)
"I do, occasionally," Josa says, relaxing. "Where exactly do you want to go?"

Orgaloth - January 23, 2006 02:50 AM (GMT)
"At the moment, I have no fixed plans. I am... exploring, is the best I can come up with. Where are you headed next? And what do you charge for passage?"

Darth Windu - January 23, 2006 02:56 AM (GMT)
"I got a job from Jabba the Hutt, I'm heading for Nal Hutta in... a couple of hours, you can come if you like, that'll be five grand, if you help with the ship, the Imps are touchy these days, I might need help,"

Orgaloth - January 23, 2006 03:03 AM (GMT)
The man looks a little down after you mention the price,

"Ohh. That's much more then I have. There's no way I can afford that."

"Nul Hutta is the Hutt homeworld isn't it?"

Darth Windu - January 23, 2006 03:07 AM (GMT)
"Hey, pay me what you have now and the rest later, I'm a nice man! Yeah, it's the Hutt homeworld, I live real near it on Nar Shadaa, they weren't kidding, nicknaming it the Smuggler's Moon, you'd have to walk a thousand miles from a city on Nar Shaddaa to meet someone who didn't know a smuggler,"

Orgaloth - January 23, 2006 03:13 AM (GMT)
"Could I hire myself to you for passage? I'm fit, not afraid of hard work. I'm alright in a gun fight."

He looks a little hopeful, but resigned to his fate none the less.

Orgaloth - January 23, 2006 03:40 AM (GMT)
Whilst talking to Josa, the man continues to look at the patrons, and particularly the girl. He seems to be expecting something to happen. He pulls his cloak tight around himself and continues to wait.

jamfke - January 23, 2006 05:00 AM (GMT)
The cantina door is blown open wide by a gust of wind. A humanoid in a dark cloak steps in and pushes the door shut behind him. He walks up to the bar and places an order. He wears the hood of his cloak drawn deeply over his face so that not even his chin can be seen. He watches the holonet broadcasts and occasionally glances out one of the slit windows that look out into the street beyond.

Orgaloth - January 23, 2006 06:15 AM (GMT)
Noticeing the new patrons nervousness, The man carefully looks for any sign of weaponary.

To Josa:

"I think we could be in for some trouble. That individual keeps looking out the window to the street."

(Under the cloak, with his free hand AA-0042 carefully loosens his blaster pistol, so that it is easier to draw).

Shathio - January 23, 2006 10:35 AM (GMT)
Haim sat back and listened to the conversation around the cantina. Waiting for anything that could get her off planet. These spacer type cantinas were usualy the best place to look.

She listened carfuly to the conversation between Josa and AA-0042. Nal Hutta wasn't an ideal location either but these smuggler types often had valuables with them.

She turned to look as a new figure entered the room. Whats with everyone on this world and dark cloaks

Darth Windu - January 23, 2006 12:53 PM (GMT)
Josa lookes around warily. "Okay, you're hired, now let's get outta here," he stood up and walked to the door.

jamfke - January 23, 2006 10:29 PM (GMT)
QUOTE (Darth Windu @ Jan 23 2006, 06:53 AM)
Josa lookes around warily. "Okay, you're hired, now let's get outta here," he stood up and walked to the door.

As Josa gets up, the door whips open once more and another figure, bundled against the wind-blown sand, steps inside. Once the door is closed, he pats the dust from his sleeves and removes a veil from across his face. A Weequay, Kwaan C'lotha, looks around the cantina and spots Josa. He smirks and begins moving towards him.

C'lotha is one of Jabba's many henchmen/errand boys usually sent to deliver messages to clients and subordinates.

"Good afternoon Josa. Jabba sends his greetings."

Darth Windu - January 23, 2006 10:41 PM (GMT)
"Look C'lotha, you tell get your slimy hide over to Jabba and tell him I'm leaving for Nal Hutta, right now," Josa pokes the weequay's chest with a finger. " And, I gotta new Co-Pilot," Josa adds, throwing an arm around AA-0042's shoulders.

jamfke - January 23, 2006 11:10 PM (GMT)
C'lotha squints at the remark, and follows with a soft chuckle.

"But you don't even know why I came looking for you. Jabba has decided in his benevolence and grace to offer you a better deal."

As C'lotha is speaking, AA-0042 notices the cloaked figure at the bar tense up. The move is so slight that only someone trained for mortal combat would notice. The man swallows the remnants of the fluid in his glass, lays down a few credits on the bar, and turns towards the door. He takes a step and pauses while casting a glance towards Haim, as if trying to decide if he should move. He then continues to the door and then out into the blistering sand storm. Something in the man's stride rings familiar to AA-0042.

Darth Windu - January 23, 2006 11:49 PM (GMT)
"A better deal? How much?"

jamfke - January 24, 2006 12:58 AM (GMT)
C'lotha looks at AA-0042, "Perhaps this should be discussed privately."

Darth Windu - January 24, 2006 01:05 AM (GMT)
"Fine," Josa moves to a corner of the cantina, motioning for the Weequay to follow him. "What's this big, important message you've got to tell me?"

jamfke - January 24, 2006 01:14 AM (GMT)
He looks around sheepishly eyeing the young girl for a moment before speaking, "Jabba says you are one of his best pilots, and as such he wants to make an investment in you. Goourdo owes Jabba a favor, and he is willing to hand over your debt to Jabba as payback. Jabba says that if you make this run and deliver the spice to his palace at Nal Hutta, he'll cut what you owe him to 10,000 credits. But, you have to make a quick stop along the way."

Darth Windu - January 24, 2006 01:15 AM (GMT)
"Where?" Josa liked the sound this deal.




Hosted for free by zIFBoards