We seem to be nearing the end of the drama we can squeeze out of the Elkyone Hospital and the raid, though they definitely have given us a great deal to work with. There are one or two things still left to be done raid-wise, but then? We're going to need something else.
There's also the fact that we have new people who weren't connected to the Elkyone Hospital stuff, and who're only gonna get so much out of the raid (since at least three of our newer additions weren't anywhere near the campus when it happened).
We need something for Kahlites to do, and we need something for the gang out in Vancouver. There are now as many active people out in Vancouver kicking around with Joss as there are active on campus, so they're gonna need something other than social stuff to keep busy.
As for the Kahlites, we might be able to use Zea to wring some more plot out of the raid, if she can get ahold of any Vanguard personnel who died in the fight and now have nobody to talk to but a Necromancer. That, however, is not an immediate plot and I don't want the pace of the forum to be resting on just that one thing.
Back on Rift I had a thread for character-specific plot hooks. Turned it into a posting game. So let's do it again, because that was fun.
The idea of this thread is to post two TV Guide-style blurbs for your own character (or one you play), and then one for a character who is not played by you. You can do more than that, of course, but those three are the minimum (since it's more useful if people try and think of stuff for themselves and for others).
1. Joss gets wounded in some ordinary way that he doesn't even think about, and the damn thing won't heal. It doesn't seem any worse than normal, but his Regeneration isn't working and the thing seems to get worse when he's under pressure. What happened? Will it heal eventually, given enough time?
2. A traveling circus comes to Vancouver, and a werewolf animal-trainer asks Joss if he'd like to join and leave with them. What the hell?!
Slinger: Slinger is found by a bird with a small rolled paper tied to its leg. The messenger bird is carrying the paper--on which is written an address in Vancouver--and a key. What is at this location, and why would someone who knew send the key to Slinger?
Someone: The food stores are full of rodents. Someone needs to take the young werewolves in to learn to hunt by tracking down and killing an asston of mice or rats. What are all these god-damned animals, and is the infestation an act of God, or an act of sabotage?
Two ideas, both related to OMG NEW FACTION
1. More Vanguard. I kinda want to see what they can do. Plus, Charles!Drama.
2. I keep threatening to make a character with ties to a shifter-run Yakuza. I should really get off my ass and do that. Maybe they can start recruiting outsiders to bolster numbers...?
3. Three words that will make Comrade shudder with fear...
1. On a long-range patrol, Slinger has found a werewolf-guarded warehouse of important goods. He comes back to Point Grey looking for volunteers to storm the place.
2. Comrade proposes a flag to the community: A Maple Leaf with a hammer and sickle behind it!
3. One of the Pack lies dead in the woods. Scott must find out who killed him. D: