Title: Outrageous Tales
Lord Blackstaff - February 5, 2009 01:24 AM (GMT)
Yep, round name is pretty much what's going to happen. This a beta round everybody, to keep you occupied while we work everything out for the proper one. You will each be given a single specialising magical power, except for me, who will attempt to kill all of you.
The Aim: To kill all of your opponents and take their memories (In a thick iron band around your head, may not be removed under any circumstances till death. Just put it on if you've taken it from someone else.). Once you've gained everybodies skill specialisations, you will be able to take me on.
1. Me (Lord Blackstaff) - Mancer (everything)
2. Alastor Mindreaver - Necromancer (undead)
3. Schmeag - Aeromancer (air)
4. Gramlin Aletracker - Geomancer (Everything Earth)
5. Zog the Stout - Venomancer (Poisons, not necessarily alchemical)
6. Antonious - Pyromancer (Fire)
7. Mr Marshmallow - Puddlomancer (Water, yes, I made it up.)
8. Blackmane Wolf - Psiomancer (telephathy, telekinesis etc)
9. Star Eagle - Biomancer (Plants + Animals)
When I have my turn, Alastor will narrate, when it's Alastor's turn, I will narrate. For everybody else, either one of us will narrate, whoever is on at the time.
There are no rules, there is no rhyme and there is no rhythm. We don't know the maps beforehand, one minute you could be in a spaceship, the next on dry land, all I know is that things are going to get real toasty, real quick.
When you have your turn, put a number beside it, which ever one you are, so I'm number one. Turn time may vary, however, when you are apart, we will approximate it to half an hour. Checking pockets takes two minutes because it inventories everything you own. Checking surroundings takes another two minutes. Summoning, depending on the army size, takes at least twenty minutes.
When you meet another player, you may only do a list of actions towards them that can be answered to. So you may say, 'throw two fireballs, and call down a meteorite (requires geomancy and pyromancy) from orbit.', but you may not say 'burn X to a crisp and cut off his head.' We narrators are the ones who say that, you just tell us what you try to do.
You may go through your turns even if we haven't updated the Narration thread, at least, until you start epic battles between yourselves.
(IMPORTANT: Post your move (or attempted move) in this thread and find out what happens in the narration thread. The numbers do NOT REPRESENT TURN ORDER! You may post once a day, if that moves too slowly we may change it.)
Also, death is relatively simple. You turn into a ghost and gain telepathic powers. You cannot interact with anything physically and can move through walls. It is also possible to possess people in this state.
Let the games begin!
1. Examine surroundings and check pockets then attempt to summon a small army of skeletons.
Alastor Mindreaver - February 5, 2009 02:47 AM (GMT)
2. I peer around at my surroundings angrily and mutter stuff about finding Lord blackstaff and turning him into an undead meat pie.
Gramlin Aletracker - February 5, 2009 06:40 AM (GMT)
4. I check my pockets (2min), looking around (2min) and if there is time, I will 'converse' with the earth around me to get a good feel of the surroundings (20min appr.).
Puddlomancer??? How about aqua or hydro? So much nicer, ^^
Star eagle - February 5, 2009 01:19 PM (GMT)
Don't supose it'd not too late for me to join in?
It seems that Pyromancer is taken but maybe Faunomnacer (controls animals) or Floramancer (yeah it sounds shit but it controls plants which could be cool)
Antonious - February 5, 2009 01:20 PM (GMT)
6. I'll check my pockets (2mins), study my surroundings (2mins) and then if safe i will raise a number of protective wards about myself based on the power of fire of course. If it's not safe i will attempt to wrap opponents in firey whips and hurl small but fast fireballs at them.
Zog the Stout - February 5, 2009 02:31 PM (GMT)
Check pockets (2 minutes), coat any weapons I happen to have in venom, and carefully scour surroundings for helpful or useful info/warnings.
Star eagle - February 5, 2009 03:11 PM (GMT)
9. Stand still looking around me, look for plants or animals of some variety (insects maybe?) if there are bind them to my power to form some kind of protection.
Start walking in the direction of something (you decide) looking for a person.
(PS I haven't been able to read my PM LB as college interwebs won't let me :( but I hope that's ok)
Antonious - February 5, 2009 04:54 PM (GMT)
6. As we seem largely incapable of the simplest of tasks i will focus intently on raising the air temperature of the room to a COMFORTABLE level. After that i will once again study the surroundings. Finally i will attempt to boost my shield, focusing more intently this time so i do not make it to weak, or too strong to kill myself.
Be warned, unless you want me to start explaining my actions by using the laws of thermodynamics and kinetic physics as well as Quantum vibrations of molecules, you had best at least allow some degree of profficiency :|:P
Antonious hath spoken....
Death to incompetance. (and perhaps my bad spelling?)
Mr Marshmallow - February 5, 2009 11:58 PM (GMT)
I will check my surroundings, check my inventory, and jump into any pools of water devoid of life that are near me and tread water at the top.
I will also shout, "Yes, Puddlomancer!" if and only if I heard Gramlin.
Schmeag - February 6, 2009 10:00 AM (GMT)
8. Cautiously check orientation and surroundings with intent to react, check pockets, ascertain own abilities without using them in any manner that could potentially reveal incompetence.
OOC: Sorry LB, been away. I had temporary access to the Internet when you contacted me.
Star eagle - February 6, 2009 11:36 AM (GMT)
I sit there pleased with my surroundings, but while doing so try to control the mind of a near by incenct and send it scouting around to see if there's anyone near by me. If there is I comand it to sting them.
Gramlin Aletracker - February 6, 2009 05:46 PM (GMT)
4. This time I don't speak a word and have another try to map out the entire cave around me. I take notice of the way out and notice of any other things that interest me - nearby turned earth, broken stones, the likes - but I don't stop mapping. Also, after mapping the whole area as best as possible, I choose to search my memory for reasons why I am here to start with. If there is time. I don't move during the whole duration.
Zog the Stout - February 6, 2009 06:52 PM (GMT)
Apply strongest possible corrosive venom to the lock on the door, open it, and move out into the corridor, investigating it
Mr Marshmallow - February 7, 2009 12:59 AM (GMT)
I dry myself off with one of the towels, and the hide on the opposite side of the pool from the door, commanding the water to attack my attacker if someone attacks me.
OOC: I know it's not quite 24 hours, but I won't be able to post later, and it's the next day for me.
Alastor Mindreaver - February 7, 2009 12:46 PM (GMT)
LB is away on camp for the weekend but has requested that his turn be as such.
"For my turn I'll burn the body and use my telekinetic powers to control the skeleton. In the process I will transfer my brain into the skull of the skeleton.
Schmeag - February 7, 2009 12:58 PM (GMT)
Try to recall information about pet rat and unopened can of whoopass. Examine gold coins. Attempt to discover more about the magicians by tuning into the air currents. Attempt to reduce the atmospheric pressure of a localised portion of air in order to create a buffering shield zone between me and the outside world.
Alastor Mindreaver - February 7, 2009 01:17 PM (GMT)
After taking a moment to savour my favorite part about reawakening in a coffin i slid the lid open and slowly rise in a plume of green vapour trying to look as evil vampire lordish as possible but cant resist a cheeky smile. I attempt to gracefully step out of the coffin and glide across the floor towards the nearest exit.
Star eagle - February 7, 2009 03:43 PM (GMT)
As my ant failed I attempt to try and control a larger or flying creature to scout the area out. Also I walk towards the castle.
Zog the Stout - February 8, 2009 10:31 AM (GMT)
5. Listen carefully for sounds of anyone or anything else. Then, take in any notable details of the passageway before continuing down it (assuming it is safe), stopping to listen periodically. I stop when I reach somethiong of note (A door, for example), or I hear someone or something.
Gramlin Aletracker - February 8, 2009 12:20 PM (GMT)
4. For now I shall walk towards that central room. I use my 'feel' of the ground and my eyes/ears to make sure I don't walk into anything and that I actually arrive. Once I arrive, I have a good look around, assuming I can actually see anything. BUT, if I can't - because it's dark - I shall take a nearby rock, the size of a man's fist preferably, and make it hover about five armlengths in front of me. When it's there, I shall start applying a crushing effect on it, in order to turn it into lava. Of course I shall make sure none of the created rock/lave leaving the hovering position and - for example - injures me in some sort of recoil.
Star eagle - February 8, 2009 01:14 PM (GMT)
Lying there with a nosebleed I disconect contact with the sparrow and look around for some herbs or plants which will heal the wound/numb the pain.
Once this is done I try to sense if there are horses in the stable, if so I cause them to break out of their stable to create a distraction while I attempt to sneak into the castle.
If not I try and extend my powers over the fields below and attempt to control the farm animals to come to me and form an army of minions under my power.
Mr Marshmallow - February 8, 2009 09:48 PM (GMT)
I command to water to cool down to room temperature, and then soak as many of the towels that I can comfortably carry in both hands, and then two more. One extra one I tie around my waist, and the other I wrap around my head as a turban. Then I pick up the rest, command the water elementals to move into the towels and continue to protect me, and leave the room, while examining the surroundings carefully.
Zog the Stout - February 8, 2009 11:33 PM (GMT)
5. Head back the otherway, try to find shoes and a torch, light the latter and return with it lit for warmth + light.
Schmeag - February 8, 2009 11:51 PM (GMT)
9. (3) Continue attempting to create an air buffer shield that can stall ranged projectiles, stopping only if it becomes to dangerous or is beyond my limits. Use a short blast of air to open the door to the Puddlomancer's room. Feel my way towards the door/opening leading to the Puddlomancer's room, taking care to prod in front and to my sides with my fingers and toes for unstable or dangerous ground. Using air currents, confirm that the door/opening is safe to pass through.
Gramlin Aletracker - February 9, 2009 02:53 PM (GMT)
Realising that I am making a mistake, I choose to stop applying pressure on the rock. I am getting sick of surrounding area and its darkness. So is it time to get out. Adding one plus one together, I conclude that there is a building or sorts above me. So I start doing a number of things, simaltaneously.
I have a pillar of rock shove itself out of the ground, under me. The pillar moves up slowly - calmly and steadily, rather - and is big enough for me to stand on it as I make it move. As I keep doing this, I make sure I 'sense' when I am about to hit the 'roof'.
As I get closer to the roof, and am an armlength's away, I will open up the roof. I do this by making the earth (earth and whatever rock/stone is between me and the open space) above me move up - earth moves other earth upwards, no telekinetism - with me, as I continue going upwards. When the earth above me reaches an open space, like a chamber, I will make it continue along ground, as if spilling over the edge onto the floor.
When at last I have made the earth above me gone and the pillar under me has reached the floor level, I will step off into the open space. One step, mind you. Of course, being earth and tight put earth at that, the pillar won't collapse. But should it want to, I will maintain effort on it till I'm off properly.
Antonious - February 9, 2009 04:20 PM (GMT)
I will now use the molten slag that my shield has created to transform the molten liquids into a loyal, fearless elemental. The creation will be bound by magic to follow my generic requests but under no circumstances is any action it takes to cause direct or indirect harm to myself.
While doing this i will keep my shield at its current power and temperature.
Star eagle - February 9, 2009 10:23 PM (GMT)
(Assuming I can make a post now, if not post this a little later)
Seeing as my attempt to free the horses I try a less subtle aproach, using my biomancer powers I create a tree near the castle walls (at accelerated speed) till it's tall enough for me to jump on to, I walk over climb on and while holding on I grow the tree, at a fastish vissible pace, till it is level with the battlements (if there is a moat it will arch slightly to reach over the moat to the battlements). Then I jump onto the battlements. Once there (assuming I have time left) I command the rats and assorted creepy crawlies to emerge from the shadows in the courtyard and various rooms of the castle scaring away or distracting the various guards, knights and other dwellers of the castle. This done I begin a search for the armoury.
Mr Marshmallow - February 10, 2009 04:09 AM (GMT)
I move in the direction of the air blast, carefully avoiding harm, such as falling, tripping, slipping, running into things, getting hit, etc. etc. I move to the end of the corridor I'm in, and look beyond. If there is a door in the way, I carefully look out the hole the air blast created.
I also continue to carry and wear all towels I already have, and continue to keep the water elementals under my control, continuing to command them to protect me if anything attacks me.
Schmeag - February 10, 2009 05:04 AM (GMT)
I routinely discontinue casting the air barrier spell. I try to cast a spell that allows me to float in the air in a controlled fashion. With the same care used beforehand, I stop to examine the area around me, and if all is safe, I continue towards the puddlomancer, checking, then opening doors with my hands. I attempt to carry my voice along the air currents to the puddlomancer's ears in a controlled specific whisper so as not to alert any other beings to my presence. I say,
"Puddlomancer? What type of mancer is a puddlomancer?"
I continue to scry my surroundings for people, items, traps/dangers and the environment in general by tuning into the air currents.
Star eagle - February 10, 2009 04:17 PM (GMT)
Amused at the destruction of the castle walls I cause a (non spiky, non poisonous, climbeable) vine to grow from the branch I'm sitting on till it is so long it touches the ground. I then clamber down to the ground and start searching for an armoury. Assuming I find one I go in and take a suit of armour (chainmail?) and a protective (padded) trousers and shirt. I then put the on (trousers and shirt under the armour. Suitably protected I start looking for a sword to use.
Assuming that I fail to find an armoury I take control of the nearest guard and command him to come to me with clothing, armour and weaponss. I then put the clothing on followed by armour and take the weapons.
Blackmane Wolf - February 10, 2009 05:27 PM (GMT)
I look in any pockets I have and check out my surroundings.
Gramlin Aletracker - February 11, 2009 03:31 PM (GMT)
I'm tired. I'm uncaring and somewhere in my mind I long for the May Holidays. So I look around the room - noting it and its interieur - and go towards a safe corner - the safety I conclude from sensing around in the rocks for potential caveins and the likes. If there is no place safe, no safe corner, I won't go into that nonexisting corner.
If the area is unsafe, I shall simply wait. Of course, I will wait with my senses ready to react positively to any danger that comes. After I assess it as real danger, indeed.
Blackmane Wolf - February 11, 2009 04:37 PM (GMT)
I pocket anything I can use as a weapon and try to get the man to explain what is happening.
If that fails then I attempt to read his mind to find out.
Lord Blackstaff - February 12, 2009 03:44 AM (GMT)
1. Seeing as attempting to burn my body and use the skeleton was a very bad idea I put out the fire, heal myself then pull the skeleton back into my body, de-animating it in the process and making myself whole again.
Mr Marshmallow - February 12, 2009 04:50 AM (GMT)
I tie one of the towels around my neck as a sling and put all of the trinkets and valuables in it, looking at each one of them very closely as I do, and refraining from putting them in the sling if the water would damage it. I also look for a door or other exit from the room besides the way I came in, and if there isn't one then the hole the air blast made. I whisper into the air, hoping the Aeromancer can hear me, "I am the one who makes you slip on rainy days, the one who wets your leg and drenches your socks, the one who is the horror of all who walk in a rainy area. I am The Puddlomancer, and I will douse you in the freezing water of your nightmares!"
Star eagle - February 12, 2009 10:11 AM (GMT)
Seeing as I fail to locate or even search for an armoury I extend the roots of the tree searching for life and threats throughout the castle and below.
Antonious - February 12, 2009 01:27 PM (GMT)
I motion to my fire elemental making sure to channel as much of the molten lava in the room and increase its strength and ability. Then while making sure the first two basic laws are still the most important i start to impart rudimentary tactics and abilities into the fire elemental that will allow it to engage those i specifically name as opponents, or those who attack me, with less of a dog like pattern.
I then walk from the room, into the next. Studying it as best as i can. Before once again drawing heat from the air and objects to surround myself. I shape this into a sphere of super heated air of 2 feet radius around myself. I am careful not to draw energy from the Fire elemental though. Finally i melt the objects in the room to form super heated liquid, with this i create a number of controled spherical super heated molten balls that spin round the lava elemental. Any wizard beside myself that attempts to use magic on the Elemental will be assaulted by these spheres from as many directions as possible.
Blackmane Wolf - February 12, 2009 10:03 PM (GMT)
I attempt to loosen the bricks in he cieling and make a hole out of here, if that fails I throw the table through the roof with the man still on it and fly away.
If all else fails I use the door and examine the new room im in.
Star eagle - February 13, 2009 08:47 PM (GMT)
I quickly discnnect conection with the various nasties in the castle and engage in growing solid and sturdy trees round me in a protective circle and a vastly increased speed (as fast as the oak)
Blackmane Wolf - February 13, 2009 09:00 PM (GMT)
I put a psyhic shield around me and take out some of the knives in my pockets, preparing to launch them at the various people around me when they go to attack, as I am sure they will.