Indeed.... i remember spanking the original into the wee small hours of the day after next LOL.... ahhh such is the yummines of LAN
Theres something wholesome about 24 people in two teams going head to head on one of the smallest maps you can find.... oh... its carnage.... the screams.... the insults.... even the physical threats of violation and still the carnage continues...
so much so.... i tihnk i have heard ALL the "exscuse's" under the sun...
so i believe i will compile a little list here,
1. My "mouse / keyboard / controller" is not working properly
- It works for you at home right?
- Its working okay when i use it m8...
- wanna use my rig and I use this one ?
After my m8 Beast42 took me up on that offer and sufferd a 10 : 0 trouncing
every one seems to back down as *get on with it* after i mention it (bah pussies!).
2. Its lag m8, i put 2 clips into his head and he's still alive....
- 1. your a crap shot and you couldnt hit with 4 clips let alone 2
- 2. there are such things as megahealth and shields..
- 3. did you see 'em pickup health packs
3. Will you all stop shooting me in the back!!! its not fair!!!
- 1. I dont know about fair , but there is a gun in the front
- 2. well your ass does represent a perfect target
- 3. you will find that moving arround will reduce that happenstance
4. Stop jumping arround you look like a stupid zebadee on acid
- 1. i will stop jumping arround when you run out of ammo
- 2. I will stop jumping arround after i have killed you..
- 3. no because it anoys you.
5. I didn`t mean to I thought you were the enemy
Team Killing is indeed the worse sin you can do... there is no exscuse, none!
but some still attempt to do so.
- 1. I was chasing one down this corridor and you poped out...
Indeed, you will also note Mr Tringger finger that I am not the same colour
My name is indeed in YOUR team colours.
- 2. Sorry m8 that hand grenade whent kinda wrong...
Indeed, but i draw the line at the 4th time... if you throw them like a 2 year old, expect to be banned from using them in the team
(this got so bad once, that my m8 "wheely" managed to kill half of his team using a "non-leathal" force bean bag launcher on "SWAT4:stechkov syndicate"... hence after being band from both leathal and non-leathal methods.. he was only allowed to cap them (with the wristcufs).
I think by and large I have heard most of the exscuses the Whingy Whinning Gammer can come up with.... in some ways i take pitty on them.... for they will always be the fodder to my cannon... there is only one way to improve... and it takes both time / patience and ofcourse.... talent :) (not no imput devices and stupidly hi-res mousy a good gliding 800 dpi mousy is more that really needed, although I love the glide to my GX7 2400dpi mousy... but i have that set to 800 for fps play... i like it a little more responsive when playing RTS and lump it upto 1200
I do have an FPS practice tip... and this has help EVERYONE whoms tried it... i do so hope that you do.. this is also how i "warmup" a day before a LAN as i dont get to play FPS all that anymore.
Find an Unreal Tornament installed on a computer (1/2 it dont matter)
now create a random map game with the (insta-jib) mod added to it... crank the kills to unlimmited and put a 10 minute timmer on.... Oh and put the BOTS on insane...
understand this.... you will DIE... (LOTS) you will be spawn killed atleast a dozen times.... but its 1 shot and one kill.... this will help reduce you "Zero-ing" times *the time taking to get a lead on a target* this will also help you anticipate you opponent....
theres no mallice the computer will show you its just running program... so turn your frustration into play.. understand that there is a tactical method of death, a whom you die to compaired to how-often. a lot of people dont use the "duck" method, its good that you try this duck / jump alternation this will make you next to impossible to hit if you can pull it off.... (you will look like a monkey on cocaine+acid however)