zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to Loose Change Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Who Should I Vote For?

Who should I vote for?
Obama [ 1 ]  [33.33%]
Edwards [ 2 ]  [66.67%]
Total Votes: 3
Guests cannot vote 
Hazel
Posted on Jan 8 2008, 03:02 AM

I'll eat your pancake theory!

Group: Members
Member No.: 914

Who should I vote for and why.
I don't think Paul is going to win the primaries. I never changed parties so looks like I'm voting Democratic this year.
I'd like your opinions.
(I left Hillary out because we don't need another Clinton in office.)
stopsnitchin
Posted on Jan 8 2008, 06:57 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 447

Either way it's the same shit...
Hazel
Posted on Jan 8 2008, 11:20 AM

I understand, but I was wondering who was a better candidate out of the two.
chucksheen
Posted on Jan 8 2008, 12:13 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,680

The lesser of 2 evils is still evil.

anti-constitutional
CFR
Patriot Act writing/supporting
HR1955
AIPAC

...give me a break. Ron Paul =#1 in Jefferson County, double digits in Iowa, beat RG, received better than 5th in MANY counties and will do much better in NH. I think you are jumping the gun. Even if you can't register Republican, you can still hold your vote, write-in, pass out http://RonPaulReveres.com DVDs and get people to commit to just the 10 minute intro. Remember, Ron Paul will not be doing the 9/11 investigation but he believes we need one.

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race." ~ Calvin Coolidge
Hazel
Posted on Jan 8 2008, 01:45 PM

I was optimistic at first... but these are the reasons why I don't think Ron Paul will win.
- He is a Republican. Democratic voters have outnumbered the Republicans in the primaries 2 to 1 so far. The pendulum is swinging to the Left for 2008. It's the thinking that if we "vote Left" then thing will really change. I don't agree with this, of course, but that's how the national mentality seems to be.
- He has the youth/college/libertarian-minded vote for sure, but I'm not so sure that he will win over the rest of the vote from other subcultures.
- He has a strong battle with powerhouses like McCain, who may take votes from him
- A lot of independents are leaning towards Obama

My prediction is that Obama will win the primaries..and perhaps McCain or Huckabee (who the heck is he anyway?) on the Republican side.
I could be wrong of course, and I do hope Ron Paul momentum picks up from where it left off! I just don't see it happening the more I watch C-span and see the types of people that go out to the caucuses. It's disheartening that Ron Paul is not getting the votes he should, but I attribute that to group think mentality. People are voting for popularity right now.. The more a candidate gets popular, the more they want them to be in office. They are not giving Paul or Kucinich a chance.
drummerdave
Posted on Jan 14 2008, 10:25 PM

Member No.: 9,849

:angry: my pick is rudy the fix is allready in the whole voting system is a joke no paper trail to say who voted for who? just like last time !
but it is crap that from 3 hundred million people it could go { BUSH CLINTON BUSH CLINTON} not posible unless there is some kind of manipulation! just my opinion! she won't win though!
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Polls, Votes, Petitions, Surveys | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0298 seconds · Archive