|· RULES · Portal||Help Search Members Calendar|
|Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )||Resend Validation Email|
|Welcome to Loose Change Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.|
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:
Posted: Jan 5 2007, 01:15 AM
Member No.: 331
Joined: 20-October 06
BOYNTON BEACH, Fla. -- Investigators said Thursday they think the wrong man was charged with shooting a rival gang member at a crowded mall on Christmas Eve and asked prosecutors to examine the case again.
Jesse Cesar, 21, has been charged with first-degree murder. But evidence only shows that he was involved in a physical altercation with the victim seconds before the shooting, investigator Chris Crawford wrote in a letter sent to the court.
"Jesse Cesar has not been shown to have been involved in the actual shooting that occurred and led to the death of the victim," Crawford wrote.
Police previously said that Cesar shot 24-year-old Berno Charlemond then fired at the officers who pursued him through the mall.
Now investigators are searching for Wilson Pierre, Jr., 21, as a suspect in the shooting. He is wanted on a second-degree murder warrant.
No one else was injured in the shooting.