zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to Loose Change Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) 1 [2]  ( Go to first unread post )

Pakistan's Bhutto Assassinated
ixnay
Posted: Dec 27 2007, 01:59 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,009

I was watching BBC when the news started to break and it seems no one has the same story on how she was killed (BBC, CNNI, FOX, Sky News, AP).

At first it was shot after a bomb blast. Then it was shot and then bomb blast. Then just shot. And then just killed by debris from bomb blast. Obviously the info is going to be sketchy as it's eyewitness and in a time of panic. But I think they should work on clarifying this (the media) before worrying what a US Presidential Candidate thinks.

RE the reports she survived: The hospital confirmed the eyewitness reports she was alive when arriving at the hospital. But she died there.
Hierosis
Posted: Dec 27 2007, 02:48 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,153

QUOTE (ixnay @ Dec 27 2007, 06:59 PM)
I was watching BBC when the news started to break and it seems no one has the same story on how she was killed (BBC, CNNI, FOX, Sky News, AP).

At first it was shot after a bomb blast. Then it was shot and then bomb blast. Then just shot. And then just killed by debris from bomb blast. Obviously the info is going to be sketchy as it's eyewitness and in a time of panic. But I think they should work on clarifying this (the media) before worrying what a US Presidential Candidate thinks.

RE the reports she survived: The hospital confirmed the eyewitness reports she was alive when arriving at the hospital. But she died there.

Well, I think you can attribute that to the mass confusion that this occurred during a huge rally where it was somewhat hard to get a clear picture of what was going on due to the initial chaos.
reformedrepublican
Posted: Dec 27 2007, 03:01 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,554

the bomber was covering the escape of the assassins
- very possible.
any number of scenarios are feasible, incl the remote likelihood that it's been reported accurately.
if it was explained as a drill to some poor shlep "to test the security" of her entourage, explosives could have been detonated without the carrier knowing they were live.
Separately, with this precedent, couldn't a similar event happen here w the democrats /anyone getting "assassinated by terrorists", which would conveniently play into Bush staying put indefinitely, further putting the screws to our domestic rights, implementing military action against Iran, (fill in the blank), while the spineless democrat congress whimpers by their collective dish?
Shoestring
Posted: Dec 27 2007, 03:39 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 369

QUOTE (seeker135 @ Dec 27 2007, 06:51 PM)
I heard the BBC report that she had been killed by gunfire, folllowed by the suicide bomber going to his piece-ful reward.  No doubt the bomber was covering the escape of the assassins.

Yep, I wonder if the bomber might have been someone that the true culprits were trying to set up as a patsy. They could thus claim that an "al Qaeda suicide bomber" was to blame, when in fact the killers were professional marksmen.

A report by the Indo-Asian News Service gives a different account:

Makhdoom Amin Fahim, a leader of her Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) who was with Bhutto in the car, said there was a loud blast in which many of her supporters were killed followed by gunfire. Bhutto then got off the vehicle to see what happened - and immediately came under gunfire.

'I told her not to step out but she did not listen to me,' Fahim said in Rawalpindi, the garrison town that houses the headquarters of the Pakistan Army. But even Fahim could not explain who fired - and from which direction.

Other PPP officials had a different version. Most of them said that one or two gunmen opened fire from close range from AK-47 assault rifles, fatally injuring Bhutto in the neck and head. Moments later, the assassins set off explosives strapped on their bodies, killing some 30 people and sparking mayhem and panic.

In the process, Bhutto - a two time former prime minister - lay gravely wounded and bleeding without any medical attention reaching her for good 10 minutes. It was another 40 minutes by the time she was rushed to the Rawalpindi General Hospital where doctors declared her dead, plunging Pakistan and a world that was expecting her to become the prime minister once again into shock and sorrow.

Full article: http://in.news.yahoo.com/071227/43/6oxbr.html.
ixnay
Posted: Dec 27 2007, 05:36 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,009

QUOTE (Hierosis @ Dec 28 2007, 05:48 AM)
QUOTE (ixnay @ Dec 27 2007, 06:59 PM)

Well, I think you can attribute that to the mass confusion that this occurred during a huge rally where it was somewhat hard to get a clear picture of what was going on due to the initial chaos.

Yes, of course. It'd be crazy to think the one true story would come out instantly with such a situation. What people believe they saw is not always what happened. Common knowledge especially among police officers who deal with eyewitness reports daily and get conflicting stories from true and honest eyewitnesses.

I was just mentioning that the media outlet would change their own story and not acknowledge the change or clarify that they were looking into which version was correct. They'd just jump from one to another with no disclaimer or acknowledgment. Most were too eager to cut to live statements from presidential candidates who seemed to be so eager to put their political side to it within hours before much knowledge of the event is known.

That's irresponsible.
eeban
Posted: Dec 27 2007, 06:37 PM

norwegian reindeer undercover

Member No.: 3,266

I'm watching cnn right now... the topic is "many fear extremists gaining the upper hand" ..... Extremists??? <_< Why haven't anyone on tv mentioned the possibility of Musharaf being responsible for this? He had everything to gain from Bhutto being dead.This is all too sad... Bhutto was a great woman who would've brought something as dangerous as democracy to the region. Fuck this. You guys just wach them blame this on Al Quaeda... :unsure:

:ph43r:
King Solomon
Posted: Dec 27 2007, 10:48 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,299

QUOTE (Gideon524 @ Dec 27 2007, 12:19 PM)
QUOTE (STEALTH @ Dec 27 2007, 11:31 AM)
Why not leave this in The Lounge?

Too many topics getting killed off once they have moved.

I thought we were past this.

Topics go to their correct forum.

Please define what te lounge is for. The criteria for the lounge has shrunk so much I'm not too sure what it is for anymore.
jfk
Posted: Dec 27 2007, 11:09 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,874

Now this is interesting... - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIO8B6fpFSQ @ 6:18

especially when this story just came out - http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071228/ap_on_...n_laden_message

Things that make ya go Hmmm.

Oh, and these guys don't think she was an angel. - http://counterpunch.org/shibli12272007.html

discobee
Posted: Dec 28 2007, 08:16 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,492

QUOTE (Gideon524 @ Dec 27 2007, 06:19 PM)

I don't think we are - what do you reckon?
discobee
Posted: Dec 28 2007, 08:37 AM

Advanced Member

Hey, now this is interesting ...

YouTube - Frost over the World - Benazir Bhutto - 02 Nov 07
Posted Dec 27, 2007 12:24 PM PST
Category: ASSASSINATION

Very interesting! At 6min 12sec into the interview Bhutto states that Omar Sheik murdered Osama Bin Laden!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIO8B6fpFSQ

Yup, read it again.
discobee
Posted: Dec 28 2007, 08:54 AM

Advanced Member

I tell you I give up, its all too fucking confusing.
Alcohol, thats my motto.
Gideon524
Posted: Dec 28 2007, 09:01 AM

G524

Group: Admin
Member No.: 729

QUOTE (discobee @ Dec 28 2007, 08:16 AM)
QUOTE (Gideon524 @ Dec 27 2007, 06:19 PM)

I don't think we are - what do you reckon?

I say people get over it and quit crying.

Rules are rules. Topics go in their proper forum.
IVXX
Posted: Dec 28 2007, 09:09 AM

MDCCLXXVI

Group: Admin
Member No.: 378

Because it doesn't belong in the Lounge. Not to mention this thread hasn't exactly been killed off.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Latest News Section | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 [2] 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0320 seconds · Archive