Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Loose Change Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Pakistan's Bhutto Assassinated
mynameis
Posted: Dec 27 2007, 08:37 AM

If you're a troll, you get dead air from me.

Group: Members
Member No.: 856

Pakistan's Musharraf says can't be responsible for the lack or security thereof.
greengee
Posted: Dec 27 2007, 09:01 AM

Member No.: 497

It was only a matter of time before there was a successful attempt on her life.

Although there were reports coming out of Pakistan that she had survived. Sadly these seem to be false.
STEALTH
Posted: Dec 27 2007, 09:30 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,094

As if Musharraf would have her be alive for the coming elections.
IVXX
Posted: Dec 27 2007, 09:52 AM

MDCCLXXVI

Group: Admin
Member No.: 378

Suicide bomber kills opposition leader, at least 20 others at rally

RAWALPINDI, Pakistan - Pakistan opposition leader Benazir Bhutto was assassinated Thursday in a suicide bombing that also killed at least 20 others at a campaign rally, a party aide and a military official said.

"At 6:16 p.m. she expired," said Wasif Ali Khan, a member of Bhutto's party who was at Rawalpindi General Hospital where she was taken after the attack.

“She has been martyred,” added party official Rehman Malik. Bhutto was 54.

Whole story at MSNBC
ron1872
Posted: Dec 27 2007, 10:08 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 7,692

Have a look at the timestamp on the Jewish Task Force forum >> 8:46!

http://jtf.org/forum_english/index.php?top...0.msg149444#new
ron1872
Posted: Dec 27 2007, 10:10 AM

Advanced Member

I got the news from another forum:

Have a look on the timestamp of the original message: 8:46!
kissing blarney
Posted: Dec 27 2007, 10:17 AM

make something idiot proof...they'll make a better idiot

Member No.: 7,595

QUOTE (ron1872 @ Dec 27 2007, 10:08 AM)

What a warm and friendly group that is.
travis
Posted: Dec 27 2007, 10:18 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 400

Have any of you read some of things on that Jewish forum? If any other race posted things like they would be locked up.
discobee
Posted: Dec 27 2007, 10:19 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,492

QUOTE (greengee @ Dec 27 2007, 03:01 PM)
It was only a matter of time before there was a successful attempt on her life ....

Yes, but will it only be a matter of time before Musharraf goes the same way, or will he still be there 5 years from now? What's he got, a lucky rabbits foot or something?

Cigars all round at Langley I'll bet.
The torch of liberty burns strongly today.
travis
Posted: Dec 27 2007, 10:24 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 400

Cigars all round at Langley I'll bet.

I did not know Mossad has an office in Langley?
ron1872
Posted: Dec 27 2007, 10:32 AM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (travis @ Dec 27 2007, 10:18 AM)
Have any of you read some of things on that Jewish forum? If any other race posted things like they would be locked up.

I did, but the earliest topics are from 2006, maybe they have an archive somewhere on the internet. This is a more than interesting group to follow their activities!!
discobee
Posted: Dec 27 2007, 11:05 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,492

Just caught the end of some shillster on Sky News pointing out that ... there are many radical Islamic groups, not just the Taliban ... - no doubt they'd been mentioned - he he, no they won't be blaming this one on 'Al-Qaeda' thats for sure, lest people start to wonder why 'Al-Qaeda' are killing America's political enemies. No, this one was the other terrorists, and people will be taking great pains to point that out.
Hierosis
Posted: Dec 27 2007, 11:08 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,153

QUOTE (ron1872 @ Dec 27 2007, 03:08 PM)

And?
STEALTH
Posted: Dec 27 2007, 11:31 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,094

Why not leave this in The Lounge?

Too many topics getting killed off once they have moved.
reformedrepublican
Posted: Dec 27 2007, 11:52 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,554

I just got the news on her assassination.
Geez.
She was a threat, no more.
This is a crime, a tragedy, a cold-hearted killing of a warm human being.
There HAS to be some / numerous connections to ISI (=CIA).
Supposedly "Islamic militants linked to al-Qaida and the Taliban hated Bhutto for her close ties to the Americans and support for the war on terrorism. A local Taliban leader reportedly threatened to greet Bhutto's return to the country with suicide bombings" according to the Yahoo news.
I have to wonder, if she was an opposition leader, doesn't that mean that she DISAGREED with Musharaf/ Washington?

Question.
Posted: Dec 27 2007, 12:18 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 7,719

QUOTE (reformedrepublican @ Dec 27 2007, 11:52 AM)
I just got the news on her assassination.
Geez.
She was a threat, no more.
This is a crime, a tragedy, a cold-hearted killing of a warm human being.
There HAS to be some / numerous connections to ISI (=CIA).
Supposedly "Islamic militants linked to al-Qaida and the Taliban hated Bhutto for her close ties to the Americans and support for the war on terrorism. A local Taliban leader reportedly threatened to greet Bhutto's return to the country with suicide bombings" according to the Yahoo news.
I have to wonder, if she was an opposition leader, doesn't that mean that she DISAGREED with Musharaf/ Washington?

Bhutto has long criticized the ISI-Al Qeada relationship...

But yes, otherwise, she is pro-Western Democratic style of government,... not necessarilly pro-Bush like Musharraf.

I wonder why Musharraf has never been killed, since he and the ISI are supposedly fighting these Al Qeada Extremists... lol.
Gideon524
Posted: Dec 27 2007, 12:19 PM

G524

Group: Admin
Member No.: 729

QUOTE (STEALTH @ Dec 27 2007, 11:31 AM)
Why not leave this in The Lounge?

Too many topics getting killed off once they have moved.

I thought we were past this.

Topics go to their correct forum.
Shoestring
Posted: Dec 27 2007, 12:51 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 369

Here's a report that contradicts the standard line: two gunmen with AK47s killed Bhutto; the 'suicide' bomber was a separate third man.

BENAZIR BHUTTO ASSASSINATED
Munizae Jehangir
NDTV, Thursday, December 27, 2007 (Islamabad)

After surviving several assassination attempts in the past, PPP leader Benazir Bhutto was not so lucky on Thursday as she was killed by two gunmen who opened fire at her right after she finished addressing a rally at Liaquatbagh.

Bhutto got off the stage after addressing the rally and started moving towards her car. Her vehicle moved a certain distance and she was surrounded by party supporters.

She came out of the car and just then two attackers with AK 47s pumped her with bullets, one in the neck and two in the head. After shooting, a third attacker blew himself up near Benazir's car.

Benazir was declared dead at 6.16 pm local time at a Rawalpindi hospital, 40 minutes after she was taken in.

The attack also killed more than 20 people and left several others injured.

Following Bhutto's death, a high alert has been sounded in Pakistan. Shops and petrol pumps have closed in many cities fearing violence.

Shops across Rawalpindi are being torched by PPP supporters. Asif Zardari and his children are on their way to Karachi.

Nawaz Sharif described Benazir Bhutto's assassination as the most tragic incident in the history of Pakistan.

''I myself feel threatened,'' says Sharif, whose party temporarily suspended the electioneering in the wake of the assassination.

''Are things in control now? Had things been in control, would this have happened?'' he said, adding that Pakistan President Pervez Musharraf would have to give answers.

''I also feel unprotected and the lady must also have been feeling very unprotected,'' Sharif said.

Criticising Musharraf, he said, ''If Musharraf can spend crores on his own security, could he not spend some amount on the security of Bhutto.''

Fifty-four-year-old Benazir was rushed to Rawalpindi general hospital, where she was pronounced dead nearly 40 minutes later.

''We are traumatised. People all over are crying. Everyone is saying that this Army has killed Benazir. There is going to be more bloodshed. Will the world now finally wake up? said a distraught Asma Jehangir, Chairperson, Pak Human Rights Commission.

''It is very tragic. It has shocked every Pakistani,'' said Ayaz Amir, columnist.

Prof. Bhim Singh, Chairman of the National Panthers Party and Member of National Integration Council (NIC) while condemning the brutal assassination of Benazir Bhutto, termed it as the most cowardice act of the terrorists and total failure of the Pakistan government.

Bhutto is survived by her husband Asif Ali Zardari and three children. Before she returned to Pakistan in October, Benazir Bhutto told NDTV that she was not afraid of the threats.

In the first reactions coming in from New Delhi, Minister of State for External Affairs Anand Sharma said, ''We are shocked and saddened by this. Benazir was a promising leader with her own stature in Pakistan. It has happened at a time when the people of Pakistan were looking up to her. We offer our condolences to her bereaved family members and friends.''

Three days of national mourning has been declared. The national flag will be flown at half mast. Benazir is likely to be buried on Friday in Larkana near her father's grave.

National and provincial assembly elections in Pakistan are due on January 8.

In October some 130 people were killed in an attack on Bhutto's cavalcade when she returned to the country.

It was one of the worst incidents of violence in a year of deteriorating security in Pakistan.

http://www.ndtv.com/convergence/ndtv/story...%209:59:00%20PM
reformedrepublican
Posted: Dec 27 2007, 12:52 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,554

why Musharraf has never been killed, since he and the ISI are supposedly fighting these Al Qeada Extremists
- right; agreed; and doing a great job of it, too apparently, as all we hear is how "we've got 'em on the run; they're operating without key leaders whom we've apprehended or killed, are known to be hiding in the mountains of the Pakistan-Afgh border" - and at the same time, "they are a continuing threat, are increasing in numbers and severity of attacks, have their sights set on US interests, and cannot be confidently tracked or stopped".
Hypocrisy in this admin is only barely ahead of nepotism and incompetence - well, actually - all take a distant second to LYING.
seeker135
Posted: Dec 27 2007, 01:51 PM

Death to Tyrants

Member No.: 3,469

QUOTE (Shoestring @ Dec 27 2007, 12:51 PM)
Here's a report that contradicts the standard line: two gunmen with AK47s killed Bhutto; the 'suicide' bomber was a separate third man.

BENAZIR BHUTTO ASSASSINATED
Munizae Jehangir
NDTV, Thursday, December 27, 2007 (Islamabad)

After surviving several assassination attempts in the past, PPP leader Benazir Bhutto was not so lucky on Thursday as she was killed by two gunmen who opened fire at her right after she finished addressing a rally at Liaquatbagh.

Bhutto got off the stage after addressing the rally and started moving towards her car. Her vehicle moved a certain distance and she was surrounded by party supporters.

She came out of the car and just then two attackers with AK 47s pumped her with bullets, one in the neck and two in the head. After shooting, a third attacker blew himself up near Benazir's car.

Benazir was declared dead at 6.16 pm local time at a Rawalpindi hospital, 40 minutes after she was taken in.

The attack also killed more than 20 people and left several others injured.

Following Bhutto's death, a high alert has been sounded in Pakistan. Shops and petrol pumps have closed in many cities fearing violence.

Shops across Rawalpindi are being torched by PPP supporters. Asif Zardari and his children are on their way to Karachi.

Nawaz Sharif described Benazir Bhutto's assassination as the most tragic incident in the history of Pakistan.

''I myself feel threatened,'' says Sharif, whose party temporarily suspended the electioneering in the wake of the assassination.

''Are things in control now? Had things been in control, would this have happened?'' he said, adding that Pakistan President Pervez Musharraf would have to give answers.

''I also feel unprotected and the lady must also have been feeling very unprotected,'' Sharif said.

Criticising Musharraf, he said, ''If Musharraf can spend crores on his own security, could he not spend some amount on the security of Bhutto.''

Fifty-four-year-old Benazir was rushed to Rawalpindi general hospital, where she was pronounced dead nearly 40 minutes later.

''We are traumatised. People all over are crying. Everyone is saying that this Army has killed Benazir. There is going to be more bloodshed. Will the world now finally wake up? said a distraught Asma Jehangir, Chairperson, Pak Human Rights Commission.

''It is very tragic. It has shocked every Pakistani,'' said Ayaz Amir, columnist.

Prof. Bhim Singh, Chairman of the National Panthers Party and Member of National Integration Council (NIC) while condemning the brutal assassination of Benazir Bhutto, termed it as the most cowardice act of the terrorists and total failure of the Pakistan government.

Bhutto is survived by her husband Asif Ali Zardari and three children. Before she returned to Pakistan in October, Benazir Bhutto told NDTV that she was not afraid of the threats.

In the first reactions coming in from New Delhi, Minister of State for External Affairs Anand Sharma said, ''We are shocked and saddened by this. Benazir was a promising leader with her own stature in Pakistan. It has happened at a time when the people of Pakistan were looking up to her. We offer our condolences to her bereaved family members and friends.''

Three days of national mourning has been declared. The national flag will be flown at half mast. Benazir is likely to be buried on Friday in Larkana near her father's grave.

National and provincial assembly elections in Pakistan are due on January 8.

In October some 130 people were killed in an attack on Bhutto's cavalcade when she returned to the country.

It was one of the worst incidents of violence in a year of deteriorating security in Pakistan.

http://www.ndtv.com/convergence/ndtv/story...%209:59:00%20PM

I heard the BBC report that she had been killed by gunfire, folllowed by the suicide bomber going to his piece-ful reward. No doubt the bomber was covering the escape of the assassins. Assassins in the country where the word originated. If I have to deal with much more Irony in current events, I'll burn out my sensors.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Latest News Section | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0345 seconds · Archive