zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
zIFBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to Loose Change Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Breaking: Mall Spree Shooting, Nebraska 19yo, 13 wounded, 9 dead
mynameis
Posted: Dec 5 2007, 05:31 PM

If you're a troll, you get dead air from me.

Group: Members
Member No.: 856

Just wondering? Classic shooter MO like the others. Body counts in all the shootings seem to follow the MO pattern.

Eight killed in Nebraska shooting
Scene of shooting at Nebraska shopping centre
Police have sealed off the Westroads Mall shopping centre
At least eight people have been killed after a gunman opened fire in a shopping centre in the US state of Nebraska, police say.

A further five people were said to have been wounded in the shooting, at the Westroads Mall in Omaha.

There were reports that the gunman had turned the gun on himself, though this was not confirmed by police.

Police sealed the exits and emergency workers were seen ferrying stretchers into the building.

Customers hid

There have been differing accounts of the incident.

According to one report, the gunman shot people at random from a balcony in the shopping centre.

Others said the shooting appeared to have taken place in the Von Maur department store.

Keith Fidler, a Von Maur employee, said he heard a burst of five to six shots followed by 15 to 20 more shots.

A worker from another shop said customers and employees were huddled in a storeroom.

"All we know was people were running and screaming down the hallway by Von Maur saying there was a shooting, and then [police] locked us down," she said.

Earlier in the day, President George W Bush had been in Omaha for a fundraiser, but he left the city before the shooting occurred.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7129906.stm
Gideon524
Posted: Dec 5 2007, 05:42 PM

G524

Group: Admin
Member No.: 729

Moved to Latest News
System Of A Down
Posted: Dec 5 2007, 05:54 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 6,084

in omaha

the gun carrying laws really suck balls

so yeah

same place last friday someone found a grenade in the parking lot
A Quiet Friend
Posted: Dec 5 2007, 06:07 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,488

Reggie_perrin
Posted: Dec 5 2007, 06:12 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 6

Very sad news, why do they always have to kill a bunch of innocent people before killing themselves ? :(
Arbor
Posted: Dec 5 2007, 07:25 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 6,799

must be a black op to further the gun control momentum.
PHARAOH1133
Posted: Dec 5 2007, 07:46 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,669

Another black op, funny Bush was in the same town when it all went down.
alive and still talking
Posted: Dec 5 2007, 10:01 PM

alive and still talking

Member No.: 1,913

five others wounded, OMAHA, NEBRASKA

breaking news, no link yet.

Robt A Hawkins, 19yrs old. suicide note, "I'm going out in style"
King Solomon
Posted: Dec 5 2007, 10:09 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,299

How long will it take for people to start defending themselves?! This is pathetic. I get so sick of hearing about these murderers killing so many people without swiftly meeting resistence from an armed American.
looking for truth
Posted: Dec 5 2007, 10:24 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 175

Arbor
Posted: Dec 5 2007, 10:29 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 6,799

I know right? I mean, if the kids at Columbine were all packing Glocks, maybe one of them would have taken out the shooters.

The best defense is a good offense. I say arm everyone...especially kids at school. Grades 6 and up sounds good to me.
looking for truth
Posted: Dec 5 2007, 10:31 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 175

QUOTE (Arbor @ Dec 6 2007, 03:29 AM)
I know right?  I mean, if the kids at Columbine were all packing Glocks, maybe one of them would have taken out the shooters.

The best defense is a good offense.  I say arm everyone...especially kids at school.  Grades 6 and up sounds good to me.

word
alive and still talking
Posted: Dec 5 2007, 10:41 PM

alive and still talking

Member No.: 1,913

(Posted Image)
assault rifle, his stepfather knew a lot about guns. again, grew up with guns in the house
there goes the second amendment.

now we will have assholes in plain clothes armed with tasers, just like the airport.
I don't know about you guys, I'm shopping online.
Gideon524
Posted: Dec 5 2007, 10:48 PM

G524

Merged with same topic in Latest News
Gideon524
Posted: Dec 5 2007, 10:57 PM

G524

Vladimir Lennon once said.

"One person with a gun can control a hundred people without one."

Think about this for a minute...a man walks into a bank, pulls out a gun and says "EVERYBODY LAY ON THE FLOOR!"

Everybody lays on the floor and the bank is robbed.

Now, imagine that every law-abiding citizen is packing a gun. Robber comes in, points his gun and yells "EVERYBODY LAY ON THE FLOOR!"

Instantly, 50 guns are pointed at him.

"No sir. YOU lay on the floor!"
chucksheen
Posted: Dec 5 2007, 11:13 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,680

QUOTE (Gideon524 @ Dec 5 2007, 10:57 PM)
Vladimir Lennon once said.

"One person with a gun can control a hundred people without one."

Think about this for a minute...a man walks into a bank, pulls out a gun and says "EVERYBODY LAY ON THE FLOOR!"

Everybody lays on the floor and the bank is robbed.

Now, imagine that every law-abiding citizen is packing a gun. Robber comes in, points his gun and yells "EVERYBODY LAY ON THE FLOOR!"

Instantly, 50 guns are pointed at him.

"No sir. YOU lay on the floor!"

Brilliant.
Gideon524
Posted: Dec 5 2007, 11:20 PM

G524

Have you ever seen those signs that stores put up in their windows that say "NO GUNS ALLOWED" or the t-shirts that say "PROUDLY UNARMED"?

What do those say to a criminal?

"ROB ME, PLEASE!"

You think a criminal is going to obey your sign?

I can just hear the clerk talking to a criminal pointing a double-barrel shotgun in his face. "Hey....can't you read that sign out there???"

Like when Columbine happened, media jumped all over the gun control issue.

Not to crack on Rosie, she's come a long way, but to demonstrate the mentality of gun control backers, after Columbine happened, Rosie immediately went on her show and said, "see, we need more gun control."

Dylan Kleibold and Eric Harris broke about 20 gun laws doing what they did.

You think 2 more laws would've prevented Columbine?
Avenged62
Posted: Dec 6 2007, 10:27 AM

Member No.: 7,021

http://www.newshounds.us/2007/12/05/fox_im...l_shootings.php

Your World w/Neil Cavuto was preempted today (December 5, 2007) by coverage, er, speculation and conjecture, of the Omaha, Nebraska mall shootings. It appears that nine are dead, including the gunman, but Fox breathlessly reported during the 4:00 p.m. ET hour that "the manhunt is over" -- the gunman was taken into custody after police found him hiding under a bench at a bus stop. Fox said five people had been shot, three were hospitalized, and one person was "probably dead" after being shot in the head. But the wildest "news" of all came when Fox implied that George Bush might have been in some danger because he was in Omaha earlier today -- raising money for the GOP (Fox didn't say why he was there).

Robert Strang and Bo Dietl were Terry Keenan's guests during the second half hour. Strang surmised that,

And you think about it, a day like today, when you know, you have the president in a situation and you have a person like this in that same environment, you know, you feel like the Secret Service also is going to be involved in this -- taking a look at whether or not there's any relationship between this shooting and the fact that you had a presidential detail in town that day.
Keenan:

Right. And the president is safely back, back in the White House but you make a good point.
Comment: Give it a shooting or a plane crash or a power outage and you can pretty much bet Fox will find a way to imply that the stability of the nation is in danger.

Avenged62
Posted: Dec 6 2007, 10:28 AM

Member No.: 7,021

that story is fucking ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reggie_perrin
Posted: Dec 6 2007, 10:49 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 6

I certainly don't think arming everyone is a good idea, by the same token i don't think the government should take everyones guns of them, there has to be some type of middle ground, allowing responsible parents to carry a fire arm is a good idea but how do you determine whos responsible and whos not ? this debate doesn't really go anywhere, there are pros and cons on both sides of the debate, perhaps people would be better off examining the root causes of why people feel compelled to take a gun into a mall and open up indiscriminately on innocent people, the thing that all these shooters have in common is that in nearly all cases they're on some type of anti depressant, the question should be why are all these kids feeling so alienated ? is it because society now demands that you be perfect in every way shape and form and if your not then your seen as "different" and an outcast ?

Thoughts go out to the familes who've lost love one, it must be so hard especially at this time of the year. :( :( :(
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Latest News Section | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0317 seconds · Archive