Create a free forum in seconds.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Loose Change Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (3) 1 2 [3]  ( Go to first unread post )

Owner Of Obama Website Now Supporting Ron Paul
AlexAmore
Posted: Nov 26 2007, 09:55 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,940

QUOTE (Hazel @ Nov 26 2007, 09:46 PM)
QUOTE (AlexAmore @ Nov 26 2007, 07:44 PM)
I'm pro life and a man. Here is my take on the subject if you women want abortions.

If you want women's "rights", then I demand men's "rights". That's right, if you think you can just abort or carry at your will, then men have the right to stay or walk away at will and let you deal with the baby alone...no child support for 18 years. Now it's even. Don't give me the "But we have to carry" garbage... because it's just a grain of rice, right?

So are you going to let millions of 15 year old girls raped by their fathers keep their baby because daddy has "rights" too?

Wow, what progressive thinking you have.

Umm that's rape. I'm talking about consensual sex (I thought the child support line gave it away). As far as rape goes...i'm fine with abortion.
Hazel
Posted: Nov 26 2007, 09:56 PM

I'll eat your pancake theory!

Member No.: 914

QUOTE (AlexAmore @ Nov 26 2007, 07:55 PM)
I'm pro life and a man. Here is my take on the subject if you women want abortions.

If you want women's "rights", then I demand men's "rights". That's right, if you think you can just abort or carry at your will, then men have the right to stay or walk away at will and let you deal with the baby alone...no child support for 18 years. Now it's even. Don't give me the "But we have to carry" garbage... because it's just a grain of rice, right?

So are you going to let millions of 15 year old girls raped by their fathers keep their baby because daddy has "rights" too?

Umm that's rape. I'm talking about consensual sex (I thought the child support line gave it away). As far as rape goes...i'm fine with abortion.

Oh really? You're fine with abortion, and yet you're pro-life?

That makes zero sense.
AlexAmore
Posted: Nov 26 2007, 10:27 PM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Hazel @ Nov 26 2007, 09:56 PM)

That makes zero sense.

Good point. I withdraw my position above. I never really have given this subject much thought....probably because we have far more important issues affecting us, like the rights of EVERYONE being lost and the lives of EVERYONE being lost because of idiots in power. I just find it funny that you would be ok with Obama in power so you can have the right to abort a baby...although I wouldn't blame you because Obama would probably bankrupt this nation and he would never stop the elitist scum from taking over America...(oh that's right his wife is the scum). Then America is living in a police state and who would want to rear a poor child in those conditions? Hmm now i'm starting to understand your twisted logic.
Hazel
Posted: Nov 26 2007, 10:31 PM

QUOTE (AlexAmore @ Nov 26 2007, 08:27 PM)
QUOTE (Hazel @ Nov 26 2007, 09:56 PM)

That makes zero sense.

Good point. I withdraw my position above. I never really have given this subject much thought....probably because we have far more important issues affecting us, like the rights of EVERYONE being lost and the lives of EVERYONE being lost because of idiots in power. I just find it funny that you would be ok with Obama in power so you can have the right to abort a baby...although I wouldn't blame you because Obama would probably bankrupt this nation and he would never stop the elitist scum from taking over America...(oh that's right his wife is the scum). Then America is living in a police state and who would want to rear a poor child in those conditions? Hmm now i'm starting to understand your twisted logic.

Touchy touchy when I prove my point, aren't we?

You didn't need to go off on a tirade. I haven't even cast my vote yet, so don't yell down my ear about it.

I also don't trust people that change their moral positions so quickly. You should re-evaluate your stance on issues before you debate them.
AlexAmore
Posted: Nov 26 2007, 10:41 PM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Hazel @ Nov 26 2007, 10:31 PM)

You didn't need to go off on a tirade. I haven't even cast my vote yet, so don't yell down my ear about it.

I also don't trust people that change their moral positions so quickly. You should re-evaluate your stance on issues before you debate them.

I haven't changed my morals, I just forgot that it isn't my fault the girl got raped, and it's not the unborn baby's fault. It's the rapist's fault and I fell for your sympathy argument with the 15 year old who got raped by her father, and I felt bad. My implusive and emotional answer came out instead of the logical one. Well played, hazel.
Hazel
Posted: Nov 26 2007, 10:43 PM

QUOTE (AlexAmore @ Nov 26 2007, 08:41 PM)

I haven't changed my morals, I just forgot that it isn't my fault the girl got raped, and it's not the unborn baby's fault. It's the rapist's fault and I fell for your sympathy argument with the 15 year old who got raped by her father, and I felt bad. My implusive and emotional answer came out instead of the logical one. Well played, hazel.

Hey Alex, I like to call myself a vegetarian but I like eating red meat every now and then.
:blink:
Not much of a vegetarian am I?
AlexAmore
Posted: Nov 26 2007, 10:57 PM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Hazel @ Nov 26 2007, 10:43 PM)

Hey Alex, I like to call myself a vegetarian but I like eating red meat every now and then.

Clearly you have thought about aborting babies much more than I have. You have all your pro-baby killing talking points down and even have a couple tricks up your sleeve.

I'm impressed.
(Posted Image)
Hazel
Posted: Nov 26 2007, 11:09 PM

QUOTE (AlexAmore @ Nov 26 2007, 08:57 PM)
QUOTE (Hazel @ Nov 26 2007, 10:43 PM)

Clearly you have thought about aborting babies much more than I have. You have all your pro-baby killing talking points down and even have a couple tricks up your sleeve.

I'm impressed.
(Posted Image)

I love babies. And children. I'm a woman after all, and we have an intense instinct to nurture. I also care about the mom's right to choose. There's nothing black and white about that. Pro-life, in fact, is. There's nothing "pro-life" about forcing somebody to have an unwanted child into this world.

Did you know a lot of general practitioners provide safe, sterile,early abortions, but they also take care of children and family services as well?
ihatecreditors
Posted: Nov 26 2007, 11:19 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,981

AlexAmore
Posted: Nov 26 2007, 11:45 PM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Hazel @ Nov 26 2007, 11:09 PM)
I love babies. And children. I'm a woman after all, and we have an intense instinct to nurture. I also care about the mom's right to choose. There's nothing black and white about that. Pro-life, in fact, is. There's nothing "pro-life" about forcing somebody to have an unwanted child into this world.

Did you know a lot of general practitioners provide safe, sterile,early abortions, but they also take care of children and family services as well?

You say "mom's", which implies they are going the legal route to kill their subsequent "child".

If I am an unwanted child right now as we debate this topic, do I deserve to live? Does my mother have the right to abort me, right now? In the womb, I am merely on life support; I could be an unwanted child at a hospital in a coma and on life support...does my mother have the right to abort me? What would be the difference? Surely my mere body development (compared to an unborn baby) shouldn't count as some sort of difference. Judging one's body is so superficial.

let the mother bring the child into the world. It probably won't be any more traumatizing than having doctors go into your body and killing a baby. Ya never know, they might just fall in love with the baby. It can happen! Heck i'm in college and taking anatomy classes and ya know what I learned? When a mother gives birth to a baby, the mother releases oxytocin from her autonomic nervous system, and this gives her a big maternal bond to her baby. This is a very large natural survival tool for the baby so he/she continues to live after birth. So just maybe the baby would be wanted afterall, and we can thank evolution, God or whatever you want. If the baby is not wanted, she can sell it to the highest bidder and make some cash...ok but seriously babies are in high demand amongst couples who can't have children.
ihatecreditors
Posted: Nov 27 2007, 12:47 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,981

What a clash of people with deep seeded opinions.

This is a discussion over at what point in time is the fertilized egg has a right to live and not be killed.
Also the right of a persons body and health.

I want to say legalize abortions cause the baby is still part of the womens body. But I don't want to. Cause people should be smart enough not to have unprotected sex and or take the morning after pills. Even after rape they could.

Because of the abortion issue being as controversial as it is I think it is incredibly hard to have a law to define it. Let people do thy bidding.
HereticX
Posted: Nov 27 2007, 01:53 AM

Hank Xavier - The Hx Show

Member No.: 910

The federal government never had the authority to legislate this issue. It was and still is a state issue, just like gay marriage. If you think things should be a certain way, you need to rally your cause on the state level where the people you live with are the people who are affected.
ron mexico
Posted: Nov 27 2007, 02:40 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,796

this has got to be the most irrelevant issue ever brought up to take attention away from the other things that are destroying our country, just like gay marriage.

to put it simply, who the fuck cares about this shit when we have so many other more important problems to worry about? This is the problem with American citizens, they will base an entire vote over a candidates stance on abortion or gay marriage, and it's fucking ridiculous. Who cares if Ron Paul is pro-life, he's delivered over 4,000 babies, do you expect him to be different?

When we get our economy, education, foreign policy, checks & balances and corruption levels back under control, then we can worry about if a woman wants to murder her own child. (i'm pro-choice by the way)
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | The Lounge | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
zIFBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic OptionsPages: (3) 1 2 [3] 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0396 seconds · Archive