Create your own social network with a free forum.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Loose Change Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Redacted, The Controversial Film About The War, Leaked Online...
stopsnitchin
Posted: Nov 13 2007, 10:29 AM

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 447

According to Bil Oreilly this film is hurting us in the war on terror, as is Mark Cuban

I Havent watched it yet, but theres the info.

Redacted.LiMiTED.REPACK.DVDSCR.XViD-ALLiANCE

ALLiANCE brings us a new dvdscreener of a limited war movie Redacted. Filmed by Brian De Palma, the story follows American soldiers in Iraq with focus on media disinformating about the real situation in the area. I guess this will be quite a controversary film. The image contains “property of” warning.

Focusing on a squad of American soldiers in Samarra, the film employs a number of conflicting styles and alternative points of view, juxtaposing the experiences of the soldiers running a checkpoint with those of the media sent to cover events, and the local Iraqis who find themselves caught in the middle of a civil war. Each group is affected by the conflict in different ways, and the film interprets their experiences through different filters.

It currently all over torrents etc. I wont post a link, but it wont be hard to find..

For those who watch, post your thoughts
mynameis
Posted: Nov 13 2007, 10:57 AM

If you're a troll, you get dead air from me.

Member No.: 856

Perhaps the MPAA started the leak to catch down loaders.
stopsnitchin
Posted: Nov 13 2007, 11:25 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 447

QUOTE (mynameis @ Nov 13 2007, 03:57 PM)
Perhaps the MPAA started the leak to catch down loaders.

its a SCENE release, its legit...
ihatecreditors
Posted: Nov 13 2007, 11:36 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,981

Will be watching soon. Looks like it could be an amazing movie.
Reggie_perrin
Posted: Nov 13 2007, 11:47 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 6

Yep O'reilly is steaming about this one, claims he's going to be protesting the film outside movie theatres :)

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Loose_Change_F...showtopic=19182
mynameis
Posted: Nov 13 2007, 11:52 AM

Does this mean stick it to Mark Cuban over the LC:FC deal division?
888LetsRoll
Posted: Nov 13 2007, 12:07 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 7,007

O'Really wouldn't dare -- he has no balls ...
Reggie_perrin
Posted: Nov 13 2007, 12:12 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 6

I think O'Reilly is genuinly deluded, he DEFINATLY has a personality disorder, he's a meglomaniac, he actually thinks his "France boycott" cause the French econemy harm, he also thinks he weilds enough power to get the FBI to follow around people like Jim Fetzer and Kevin Barrett, these are classicv examples of someone with meglomania.
ihatecreditors
Posted: Nov 14 2007, 12:45 AM

Advanced Member

Has anyone seen this movie? Holy god this is a master piece!

Essentially, its wrapped around a rape incident in Iraq. But shows a lot of nice detail of soldiers in the war.

If I were to recommend a movie to anyone this would be it. If your interested, or oppose the Iraq war, this is your movie.

Search http://thepiratebay.org for this movie 'redacted'
mynameis
Posted: Nov 14 2007, 12:55 AM

Mark Cuban Gives Bill O'Reilly An Offer He'll Probably Refuse
Reported by Deborah - Tue 9:51 PM

Tonight on Countdown, Keith Olbermann sent a message to Bill O'Reilly from Mark Cuban responding to Bill-O's most recent attacks. Cuban offered O'Reilly a chance to discuss Redacted face to face on Countdown with Keith Olbermann moderating the discussion. Will Bill O'Reilly accept the offer or even mention it forcing him to say the name of he who can't be mentioned. We shall see. 11/13/07

http://www.newshounds.us/2007/11/13/mark_c...ably_refuse.php
ihatecreditors
Posted: Nov 14 2007, 01:04 AM

Advanced Member

I'm sorry but who is Mark Cuban?
mynameis
Posted: Nov 14 2007, 01:08 AM

QUOTE (ihatecreditors @ Nov 14 2007, 06:04 AM)
I'm sorry but who is Mark Cuban?

A movie producer, he produced the movie in this thread, and dropped LC:FC.
reformedrepublican
Posted: Nov 14 2007, 04:54 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,554

thanks for posting the link, will def watch.
If it's the incident I think it is, the 14 year old rape victim's name was
Abeer Qassim Hamza al-Janabi (see my footnotes)

There are, of course, other reports circulating of other rapes in Iraq:, which our cheerleader-turned combat dodger raped (by my definition, "forcibly and violently assaulted, coercing the victim into a traumatic theft of their psyche, spirit and boundaries, for sexual or power driven desires of the attacker"), funded by your tax dollars
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nati...iraqrape22.html
separately, (Green/Mahmoudiya):
"Allegations in the case are that a US soldier killed the woman's parents and young sister; he and another soldier raped the woman; then he shot her in the head and set her body on fire. ... Although the incident occurred in March, military officials learned only recently that it might have been carried out by a group of Americans, rather than the insurgents who initially were blamed.
http://www.truthout.org/cgi-bin/artman/exe...ew.cgi/62/20927

our lovely detention ctrs are in on this as well:
"an Iraqi boy just fifteen years old says his captors at an American facility raped him."
http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article6820.htm

and, US female military service personnel have been regular victims of rape and assault - by US male military service personnel, largely ignored, untreated &/or punished "in the field" for reporting the abuse
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4197223

thanks for the post, again. these things, all the shit going on we never hear about, should be in our faces every day.
Tim Riches
Posted: Nov 14 2007, 06:17 PM

Canadian Action Party Member

Member No.: 472

This is simply amazing! I can actually, for the first time, sympathize somewhat with Bill O. :o This is going to cause quite a stir!

It's so well done you may wonder if it's actual footage for some considerable part of the film. It isn't, and the fact that it isn't makes me wonder how the hell they pulled it off?

Also, this is not for the faint of heart...
midnightoil
Posted: Nov 16 2007, 08:35 AM

Member No.: 1,035

Sorry but I disagree a little with you Tim. I just watched it, and yer a very powerful story but I thought it was sort of over-stylized if you know what I mean, which detracted a bit from the intended anti-war message IMO. I thought the acting was average at best.

The last segment "Collateral Damage" was the most gut wrenching part of the movie. Truly horrific. :(
alexvegas
Posted: Nov 16 2007, 09:48 AM

alex25smash

Member No.: 97

I've watched the first half hour, pretty good so far. Hope to make time for the rest this weekend.

It seems pretty true to life - does anyone know of any soldiers' opinions of it?
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | The Lounge | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0320 seconds · Archive