zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to Loose Change Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Jay-z Flashing Euros In New Video
STEALTH
Posted: Nov 12 2007, 05:48 AM

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,094

from a us economy blog:

"There is something quite alarming on the recently released “Blue Magic” music video.

The song, by the wildly successful rap artist and businessman Jay-Z, is on an album of songs accompanying/inspired by the Ridley Scott movie “American Gangster,” starring Denzel Washington and Russell Crow.

But it wasn’t sex, drugs, violence or explicit language that shocked my conscience.

It was the Euros.

The Jay-Z video flashed large stacks of €500 Euros.

When I start seeing rap stars flashing euros instead of U.S. dollars, I know our economy is in trouble.

Jay-Z carries a lot of weight. Just look at what happened when he began boycotting Cristal champagne.

It’s sad that rap stars can no longer show their style with a good old $500 U.S. bills (featuring President McKinley) and now need to flash €500 Euros (featuring some sort of suspension bridge).

I don’t need the chairman of the Federal Reserve to tell me about the state of our economy. I just need Jay-Z, the new Alan Greenspan.

I don’t blame Jay-Z. A stack of €50,000 in Euros would equal $72,000 in U.S. currency. And you’d need 144 $500 bills to equal a stack of 100 €500 Euros. I don't know if even Jay-Z has that large a money clip."

alexvegas
Posted: Nov 12 2007, 10:34 AM

alex25smash

Group: Members
Member No.: 97

QUOTE (STEALTH @ Nov 12 2007, 10:48 AM)
"It’s sad that rap stars can no longer show their style with a good old $500 U.S. bills (featuring President McKinley) and now need to flash €500 Euros (featuring some sort of suspension bridge)."

A side point - the imagery on Euros varies from country to country.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Latest News Section | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0210 seconds · Archive