Create your own social network with a free forum.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Loose Change Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Gun Ammo Prices Are Going Up, Time to stock up
Christians for 9/11 Truth
Posted: Jul 4 2007, 02:19 AM

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 900

I have been checking around online and reading many different forums. Also I have some friends who talk regularly with gun store owners and they are all saying that the price of all ammo will be going up at least 20% in the new few months. Add that to the fact that ammo has gone up 20% in this year alone. Its quite clear when looking at the facts. They are driving the price of ammo up big time so I would have to sagest that all of you gun owners start stoking up on ammo before its to expensive.
ILikePie
Posted: Jul 4 2007, 02:53 AM

Advanced Member

Group: Gone
Member No.: 5,287

today i went to teh shootin range

6 bucks for 20 rounds of 762 -.-

i was gettin pissed

dont even get me started on .45 rounds
Posted: Jul 6 2007, 03:06 AM

Advanced Member

Im not joking, its time to stock up.
esopxe
Posted: Jul 6 2007, 03:26 AM

Bill O'Reilly Eats Babies

Member No.: 166

I buy firearm stuff online and some of the stores send out emails regularly. Here is the latest.

The National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF) has issued a press release that details a proposed regulatory change by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) that could adversely affect small arms ammunition supplies, artificially drive the ever-rising cost of small arms ammunition and impose undue hardships on both retailers and consumers. For instance, one of the proposed changes states a customer could not be within 50 feet of ammunition unless he/she is searched for matches or lighters. See the release here:

http://www.nssf.org/news/PR_idx.cfm?PRloc=...PR=BP070207.cfm

TGSCOM, Inc, a family owned and operated firearms retailer, strongly opposes any regulation on the firearms industry, and its supporting industries, that threatens an American citizen's 2nd Amendment right to keep and bear arms. We believe such ill-advised regulation of ammunition manufacturers and retailers will result in price spikes in ammunition that will make pre-ban magazine prices look affordable. We encourage you all to add comments to this proposed regulation here:

http://www.regulations.gov/fdmspublic/comp...=OSHA-2007-0032

Remember, this is a proposed regulatory change. We have the right and responsibility as United States citizens to make comments and point out the shortcomings and potential consequences of these changes. It is important that we make our voices heard.

Sincerely,

Eric Thompson
President, TGSCOM, Inc

SilentHyena
Posted: Jul 6 2007, 08:20 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 887

QUOTE (Christians for 9/11 Truth @ Jul 4 2007, 07:19 AM)
I have been checking around online and reading many different forums. Also I have some friends who talk regularly with gun store owners and they are all saying that the price of all ammo will be going up at least 20% in the new few months. Add that to the fact that ammo has gone up 20% in this year alone. Its quite clear when looking at the facts. They are driving the price of ammo up big time so I would have to sagest that all of you gun owners start stoking up on ammo before its to expensive.

Any tips on the cheapest places to buy? I have bought online at a few places:

ammoman.com
natchezss.com

seek_the_truth
Posted: Jul 6 2007, 01:18 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 984

QUOTE (Christians for 9/11 Truth @ Jul 6 2007, 08:06 AM)
Im not joking, its time to stock up.

Dead serious time to stock up, and I don't have any ARs yet. FUCK.

Purchase magazines to.

Chirstans, still building your arsenal?
seek_the_truth
Posted: Jul 6 2007, 01:19 PM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (SilentHyena @ Jul 6 2007, 01:20 PM)
QUOTE (Christians for 9/11 Truth @ Jul 4 2007, 07:19 AM)

Any tips on the cheapest places to buy? I have bought online at a few places:

ammoman.com
natchezss.com

Silent, try cheaperthandirt.com
OnlyStL
Posted: Jul 6 2007, 01:27 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,184

Chicks Who Love Guns

an oldie but goodie.... :lol: :lol:
Roxdog
Posted: Jul 6 2007, 01:35 PM

Why is Al Gore's House Bigger Than Everyone Else's?

Member No.: 34

Anyone reading this....stock up with 7.62 51 mm rounds, you can get 1000 for like $160 (sometimes less at a gun show):

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/default.asp

Then, go buy one of these:

SKS:
(Posted Image)
Most of the time you can get one for less than $300...

Or get one of these:

Kalashnikov:
(Posted Image)
You can find them for less than $400.

I know they aren't American-made guns and that sucks but they are reliable, cheap, and the ammo is the least expensive around. Buy it up before you don't have the option...

illeagalhunter
Posted: Jul 6 2007, 02:55 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,507

As long as the sabots for mt 10 guage shotgun dont go up for my by anuall trip to upstate NY deer hunting or 7mm mag i dont care. I love USA the govt took my legal guns bastards.
seek_the_truth
Posted: Jul 6 2007, 05:35 PM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Roxdog @ Jul 6 2007, 06:35 PM)
Anyone reading this....stock up with 7.62 51 mm rounds, you can get 1000 for like $160 (sometimes less at a gun show):

SKS:
(Posted Image)

Or get one of these:

Kalashnikov:
(Posted Image)

I know they aren't American-made guns and that sucks but they are reliable, cheap, and the ammo is the least expensive around. Buy it up before you don't have the option...

So your a terrorist now Rox? :lol:

AKs are alright, but ARs give you more versitilty and range. But then again, tehy are more expensive, an AR build can go for around $700 or as high as the stars.
Bongo Thud
Posted: Jul 6 2007, 06:19 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,921

QUOTE (Roxdog @ Jul 6 2007, 01:35 PM)

SKS:
(Posted Image)

Or get one of these:

Kalashnikov:
(Posted Image)

This is horrible advice. Both of the weapons shown (Kalishnikov and Simonov) are typically not chambered for 7.62 x 51 (7.62 x 51 is the 7.62 NATO round, used by the M-60 for example, or an FN-FAL,or on an IMI Galil AR) The AK-47 and most of it's variants are chamber for the russian 7.62x39 round, a much smaller round than the 7.62x51, comparable to a 30-30. Their are AK-47 variants like the AKM and AK-74 that are chambered for a russian version of the nato .223 round, and i have seen a few rechambetred to shoot the actual .223 round itself. The simonov SKS-45 however is always chambered for 7.62x39, regardless of whether it is an original russian production from the 50's or one of the stamped out garbage ones NORINCO has created over the past 20 years.

the 7.62x51 is a NATO round that is NOT used for either of the guns you have pictured.
Posted: Jul 7 2007, 12:52 AM

Advanced Member

cheaperthandirt.com is ok. Surplus ammo is restively cheep and effective, but you cant reuse the spent casings.

If you have some guns buy all the ammo you can afford. The price is going up astronomically.

I don't really recommend AK-47, rather I would suggest AR-15 and bolt action rifles such as the Remington 700 with a high powered scope. AK's have there place and there not bad but the AR is more versatile.

If you don't have any guns I would sagest a

Sigarms 9mm
HK USP 45mm
Bushmaster semi/auto rifle
Remington 700 rifle w/scope
Remington 870 12/g shotgun
Berata Xtrema2 12/g shotgun

Buy all the ammo you can get. Start or join a local militia.
seek_the_truth
Posted: Jul 7 2007, 09:34 AM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Christians for 9/11 Truth @ Jul 7 2007, 05:52 AM)
cheaperthandirt.com is ok. Surplus ammo is restively cheep and effective, but you cant reuse the spent casings.

If you have some guns buy all the ammo you can afford. The price is going up astronomically.

I don't really recommend AK-47, rather I would suggest AR-15 and bolt action rifles such as the Remington 700 with a high powered scope. AK's have there place and there not bad but the AR is more versatile.

If you don't have any guns I would sagest a

Sigarms 9mm
HK USP 45mm
Bushmaster semi/auto rifle
Remington 700 rifle w/scope
Remington 870 12/g shotgun
Berata Xtrema2 12/g shotgun

Buy all the ammo you can get. Start or join a local militia.

The guns you listed are good, but more on the expensive side. I would recomend everything on the list except for the Xtrema. If your hunting with it, cool, but for self defense, nah. the possibilty of it jamming is slim (inertia recoil system) but for the price I jsut don't think it is a good idea. I really wouldn't recommend a semi auto shotty for home defense, but that is my opinion. Something like a Mossberg 590 (runs under $300, and nicly outfitted to) or a Remington 870 which will be bit more pricy for the tactical version.

Bushmasters are absolutly great, but you can build one cheaper and have moeny to upgrade it. RRA, Stag, DMPS are all great brands, just depends on the money side.

And definitely a yes on the 700, I would recommend a .308. .300 mag, or 30-06 caliber.

Have you started a militia?
Posted: Jul 7 2007, 09:52 AM

Advanced Member

I hear what your saying about the Xtrema, not a home defense weapon but it would make for a good self defense and hunting weapon. Your right, it is expensive. I think most people should be willing to drop a little more money on guns if you have it that is. I mean if you buying something that could save your life and such you want to go with something that is high quality. This is something you really cant pinch the pennies on. The Remington 870 shotgun is a gun everyone one should have, perfect for home defense, its reliable, light weight, has a short barrel 18" so you can maneuver around easy in you home and around doors and it is inexpensive for a good gun. In response to your question, I have not started a militia but I have been talking with a guy about possibly joining up with his group. What about yourself?
pagandawn
Posted: Jul 7 2007, 10:11 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,892

QUOTE (Christians for 9/11 Truth @ Jul 4 2007, 02:19 AM)

I hope this is a good conspiracy.

So that you xtians cannot afford to shot each other. Xtians and guns seems to go together.
speaker city
Posted: Jul 7 2007, 11:44 AM

Advanced Member

Group: Gone
Member No.: 514

QUOTE (pagandawn @ Jul 7 2007, 08:11 AM)

So that you xtians cannot afford to shot each other. Xtians and guns seems to go together.

That was a pretty shitty thing to say. Way to bring in a religion debate to a friendly thread about guns and ammo.
seek_the_truth
Posted: Jul 7 2007, 01:49 PM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Christians for 9/11 Truth @ Jul 7 2007, 02:52 PM)
I hear what your saying about the Xtrema, not a home defense weapon but it would make for a good self defense and hunting weapon. Your right, it is expensive. I think most people should be willing to drop a little more money on guns if you have it that is. I mean if you buying something that could save your life and such you want to go with something that is high quality. This is something you really cant pinch the pennies on. The Remington 870 shotgun is a gun everyone one should have, perfect for home defense, its reliable, light weight, has a short barrel 18" so you can maneuver around easy in you home and around doors and it is inexpensive for a good gun. In response to your question, I have not started a militia but I have been talking with a guy about possibly joining up with his group. What about yourself?

Ok, I see your point now. Most guns arn't 'cheap' per say (as in quality), but that is mainly sticking with name brands. Most guns are fairly reliable for the situation they are made for. If I had money, I would probably get an Xtrema.

I don't think there is a militia even near me, and not entirly sure if I would join it just yet. When stuff does start happening I am sure something would come up quick and I would love to be part of it. Good luck to you man!
seek_the_truth
Posted: Jul 7 2007, 01:50 PM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (pagandawn @ Jul 7 2007, 03:11 PM)

Youre an idiot.
Posted: Jul 7 2007, 05:39 PM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (seek_the_truth @ Jul 7 2007, 06:49 PM)

Ok, I see your point now. Most guns arn't 'cheap' per say (as in quality), but that is mainly sticking with name brands. Most guns are fairly reliable for the situation they are made for. If I had money, I would probably get an Xtrema.

I don't think there is a militia even near me, and not entirly sure if I would join it just yet. When stuff does start happening I am sure something would come up quick and I would love to be part of it. Good luck to you man!

Thank you sir, and good luck to you as well.

I would love to get an Xtrema but I don't think ill be getting one any time soon. There are much more important guns on my to get list.

You might be surprised at how many militias there are, just check around online or feel out the situation when talking with fellow gun owners and even Ron Paul meetup members. Chose your words carefully though, never be to trusting at first. You already know that though. Joining militia is vary important because you need to be able to function as a unit with other members. Designating different jobs and making friends. It really helps motivate you to get more prepared as well. In a SHTF kind of situation we would need to ban together to win the fight.

Note: I have it on good authority that the price of ammo might go up 40% buy the end of this year. They now they cant get all the guns so there going after the ammo.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | The Lounge | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Register Now

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0399 seconds · Archive