zIFBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Loose Change Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) 1 [2]  ( Go to first unread post )

How Did Ron Paul Do Tonight On The Daily Show?
Hernando
Posted: Jun 5 2007, 11:50 AM

Group: Members
Member No.: 13

I feared the worst, so this wasn't bad at all. Oh well, you can never please the haters.
shaky53
Posted: Jun 5 2007, 11:54 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 241

What surprised me, a Canadian , and quite honestly not knowing to much about Ron Paul other than he looks like a good choice as compared to the front runners...was his approach to Medicare.
Here in Canada we have universal medical care and it works very well....not perfect but quite well.
Ron says he would let the market decide on medical care which is ok for the well to do but doesn't help the low income or no income. I understand there is a "welfare" type system in the U.S. for the ' poor ' but with universal care there are no class differentials. Under Ron's idea the insurance companies decide who does and who doesn't get coverage.
911wasaninsidejob
Posted: Jun 5 2007, 12:00 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 282

"Under Ron's idea the insurance companies decide who does and who doesn't get coverage."

That's not even true, under Ron Paul there would be less involvement of insurance companies in the medical field, and doctors would be free to charge whatever they want. You don't think a good amount of private doctors out there would have the heart to charge prices reasonable enough for poorer families? They would most likely be able to easily as well because they don't have to go through hoops with insurance companies to try and get their money.
shaky53
Posted: Jun 5 2007, 12:06 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 241

hhhmmmm
sounds like that idea will be similar to the wild west where patients gave doctors eggs or chickens to pay their bills
911wasaninsidejob
Posted: Jun 5 2007, 12:09 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 282

:blink:
Leela
Posted: Jun 5 2007, 12:26 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,428

Very few people can afford healthcare without insurance, corporate run or government run. That's the core of the problem. Just like the whole mortgage scam. How many people can save up and buy a house outright?

It's a complicated issue, but the last thing I want is this corrupt government having even more of a say in life and death issues and decisions. If I trusted the powers that be then a universal health system is a terrific idea... But I trust them about as far as I can throw them. Healthcare costs themselves need to be brought down, not just insurance. Basic healthcare should be affordable by most and insurance should only be for catastrophic care. Right now everything is all upside down and backwards. :blink:
looking for truth
Posted: Jun 5 2007, 07:50 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 175

QUOTE (shaky53 @ Jun 5 2007, 04:54 PM)
What surprised me, a Canadian , and quite honestly not knowing to much about Ron Paul other than he looks like a good choice as compared to the front runners...was his approach to Medicare.
Here in Canada we have universal medical care and it works very well....not perfect but quite well.
Ron says he would let the market decide on medical care which is ok for the well to do but doesn't help the low income or no income. I understand there is a "welfare" type system in the U.S. for the ' poor ' but with universal care there are no class differentials. Under Ron's idea the insurance companies decide who does and who doesn't get coverage.

It would work alot better if it was privitizied, just think of all the doctors in Cuba, China, India, that could come here to set up shop, just think of how much cheaper, and effidient it would all be.

The current systems in Canada is ok but needs to be better, the hospitals are kind of ghetto and the employees really couldn't give a crap about you.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | The Lounge | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 [2] 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0213 seconds · Archive