zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to Loose Change Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )

How Did Ron Paul Do Tonight On The Daily Show?
Christians for 9/11 Truth
Posted: Jun 5 2007, 12:03 AM

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 900

In short, not vary good. Well thatís kind of an understatement. In actuality Paul blew it. This was a chance to get his message out to millions of people who have most likely never even heard of Paul. Boatloads of people watch The Daily Show. Most of them are democrats or lean to the left. If Paul is going to have any chance of getting into the oval office he would need to win over a good amount of Dems. The Daily Show was his chance to do just that.

Ron Paul had so many chance to get his groundbreaking message out. Instead he didnít hit any of his main points like shutting down the IRS, getting rid of the income tax and homeland security and building a wall on the boarder to name a few. He did somewhat talk about getting out of Iraq and going back to the constitution but he didnít even seem passionate about it. Stewart asked him how are you different then the other ģ candidates. He said that he was basically the same accept for the Iraq issue. This blew my mind, I could not believe what I was hearing, saying that he was basically the same. Maybe I am taking this somewhat out of contact? Or maybe I am over reacting? But I was shocked at how bad Paul did on The Daily Show. Anyone ells feel the same way?

I still support Paul all the way but I hope that he does better in other interviews and in the next debate tomorrow.
faithnmytime
Posted: Jun 5 2007, 12:09 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 749

It wasnt great it wasnt bad. On to the debates!! 2 full hrs.
Jarroyo
Posted: Jun 5 2007, 12:26 AM

Advanced Member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 57

QUOTE (faithnmytime @ Jun 5 2007, 01:09 AM)
It wasnt great it wasnt bad.

I thought he did somewhat fine but wasn't outstanding. If I didn't knew who he was, after tonight, I wouldn't really cared.

On to the debates!! 2 full hrs.
\

The past debates were incredibly mediocre. I don't have my hopes high on this one.

dylan avery
Posted: Jun 5 2007, 12:29 AM

I am whatever you say I am

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

QUOTE (Jarroyo @ Jun 5 2007, 05:26 AM)
The past debates were incredibly mediocre. I don't have my hopes high on this one.

Tomorrow will be interesting. I guarantee it.
Hamadeh
Posted: Jun 5 2007, 12:30 AM

Unregistered

I hear There purposley seating Ron Paul close to Guliani....
faithnmytime
Posted: Jun 5 2007, 12:33 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 749

QUOTE (Hamadeh @ Jun 5 2007, 05:30 AM)
I hear There purposley seating Ron Paul close to Guliani....

Where did you hear that? Probably true anything to get ratings.
Posted: Jun 5 2007, 12:40 AM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (dylan avery @ Jun 5 2007, 05:29 AM)

Tomorrow will be interesting. I guarantee it.

I am sure that it will be, but lets hope that its more of a hard core domination for Paul rather then just interesting.
Citizen Pawn
Posted: Jun 5 2007, 12:41 AM

Citizen Pawn

Group: Gone
Member No.: 4,661

I hope he sits close enough to spit on him.
911wasaninsidejob
Posted: Jun 5 2007, 01:35 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 282

"Maybe I am taking this somewhat out of contact? Or maybe I am over reacting? But I was shocked at how bad Paul did on The Daily Show. Anyone ells feel the same way?"

Maybe you get really drunk every night and come on these forums and rant.

Sorry, but until YOU get on the daily show and actually confront these republican scumbags to their faces, you don't have the room to be critisizing good people like Ron Paul who try their best.
Realist
Posted: Jun 5 2007, 01:48 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 814

I thought Ron Paul did fine on the Daily Show tonight!
He handled Stewart's questions extremely well.
When Stewart asked him about regulating corporations, he said he was totally against corporatism, the perfect answer.

Why did you guys think he blew it?
looking for truth
Posted: Jun 5 2007, 02:43 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 175

It is not easy for politicians to really get their point accross on Stewart or Colbert because those guys always keep it lite, so it doesn't allow for much serious talk.

One thing that really pissed me off is Jon Stewart blew off Ron Paul at the end saying,

"yeah it's good to have people like you throw out your ideas" bacially saying he wasn't going to get anywhere.

No wonder Ron walked off early I would have too.
Posted: Jun 5 2007, 04:41 AM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (911wasaninsidejob @ Jun 5 2007, 06:35 AM)

you don't have the room to be critisizing good people like Ron Paul who try their best.

1) That happened one time, and it wont happen again.

2) I think that I have the right to criticize Paul especially sense I have started a grass-roots campaign for him in my town. Do you go door to door handing out flyers about Ron Paul and talk with people about him and his ideas? I do, not to boast but I am somewhat proud of that. Perhaps I was just wanting him to say some things that might have been better to say (that is in my opinion).

Don't bust my balls man, its rather childish to make slanderous comments just because you don't agree with me.

"No wonder Ron walked off early I would have too. "

Good point, I hadn't really thought about that. It struck me odd that Paul walked away after John asked him to say seated.
Tim Riches
Posted: Jun 5 2007, 06:12 AM

Canadian Action Party Member

Member No.: 472

He didn't do too badly, it was just a little weak when compared with his other stuff. He can't be hammering out his regular platform on the Daily Show, though a few more pointed comments would have been in order.
plooker1968
Posted: Jun 5 2007, 08:03 AM

Member No.: 1,014

He did just fine...I'm glad he was spoon feeding the Democrats. If he got on there and started ranting it would of turned people off, and given the other side ammo to use against him. The media and the attack dogs are hanging on every word out of the man's mouth. I think he answered the questions that were asked....that's good.
The debates should be good. I hope Spewliani does'nt stick his Joker face...all up in Ron's business. If he does I wish Ron would tell him " Sir, would you go sit down and SHUT the F UP.....geez" If you took the time to read this, please take the time and say a little prayer for our boy Ron. ;)
911wasaninsidejob
Posted: Jun 5 2007, 09:43 AM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Christians for 9/11 Truth @ Jun 5 2007, 04:41 AM)
QUOTE (911wasaninsidejob @ Jun 5 2007, 06:35 AM)

you don't have the room to be critisizing good people like Ron Paul who try their best.

1) That happened one time, and it wont happen again.

2) I think that I have the right to criticize Paul especially sense I have started a grass-roots campaign for him in my town. Do you go door to door handing out flyers about Ron Paul and talk with people about him and his ideas? I do, not to boast but I am somewhat proud of that. Perhaps I was just wanting him to say some things that might have been better to say (that is in my opinion).

Don't bust my balls man, its rather childish to make slanderous comments just because you don't agree with me.

"No wonder Ron walked off early I would have too. "

Good point, I hadn't really thought about that. It struck me odd that Paul walked away after John asked him to say seated.

I apologize bro...It just sometimes gets to me when people in forums and the internet anonymously critisize people that are out their trying their best, but at the same time it's your right to do so...
Leela
Posted: Jun 5 2007, 10:37 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,428

I think he did pretty good considering the time constraints. His views and ideas require discussion and not just sound bites, so I didn't really expect too much. I thought he was genuine as always and he really is a breath of fresh air every time I see him.

Ron Paul is SO different from all of the other candidates in both parties. They are all nothing but a bunch of show ponies prancing around in a circle. Paul actually appears to be human...
cheansaw
Posted: Jun 5 2007, 11:12 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 567

I thought he did good. I was pretty dissapointed with Stewart personally.
Roxdog
Posted: Jun 5 2007, 11:22 AM

Why is Al Gore's House Bigger Than Everyone Else's?

Member No.: 34

I thought he did fine.
JerryFletcher
Posted: Jun 5 2007, 11:37 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 966

QUOTE (cheansaw @ Jun 5 2007, 04:12 PM)
I thought he did good. I was pretty dissapointed with Stewart personally.

Same here. Jon Stewart doesn't think Ron Paul has a chance at all. Jon Stewart is a leftist who worships Democrats like Bill Clinton and Al Gore.
911wasaninsidejob
Posted: Jun 5 2007, 11:44 AM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Roxdog @ Jun 5 2007, 11:22 AM)
I thought he did fine.

He definitly did.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | The Lounge | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0326 seconds · Archive