zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to Loose Change Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Crazy Airpoty Security Stories, let's have some fun!
mid life crises
Posted: Jun 4 2007, 06:37 AM

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,390

With summer coming and with it the possibility of travel and visitors, I thought it would be irritatingly fun and possibly therapeutic to tell some airport security nonsense stories we have to endure becuase, you know, toothpaste is dangerous.

I'll start:

My 82 year old mother in law flew in from West Coast last week to visit us. She had in her carry on bag a jar of home made strawberry jam she had made for us. Her homemade jam is low in pectin and sort of more watery than regular jam.

Gone!! Confiscated! She got really mad and upset because she had made this for the kids, nope...gone..gone gone.

Fing ridiculous. She was so upset.And we are really made as we look forward to that jam!! What the hell could jam do?? I guess you could konk someone on the head with it...make them eat the whole thing til they puke..

WHY do we put up with this crap??WHY????
Matthew Brown
Posted: Jun 4 2007, 09:09 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,267

QUOTE (mid life crises @ Jun 4 2007, 11:37 AM)
With summer coming and with it the possibility of travel and visitors, I thought it would be irritatingly fun and possibly therapeutic to tell some airport security nonsense stories we have to endure becuase, you know, toothpaste is dangerous.

I'll start:

My 82 year old mother in law flew in from West Coast last week to visit us. She had in her carry on bag a jar of home made strawberry jam she had made for us. Her homemade jam is low in pectin and sort of more watery than regular jam.

Gone!! Confiscated! She got really mad and upset because she had made this for the kids, nope...gone..gone gone.

Fing ridiculous. She was so upset.And we are really made as we look forward to that jam!! What the hell could jam do?? I guess you could konk someone on the head with it...make them eat the whole thing til they puke..

In actuality, you can do a lot of bad things with some everyday items--that, I believe. I fly very often, and they clearly let you know what you can and can't bring on the plane... it's not like they surprise you.

I know it sucks, but it's reality.
Christians for 9/11 Truth
Posted: Jun 4 2007, 12:17 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 900

I know a guy who was able to sneak some pot past security and made it to his destination without any problems. He hid it in a plastic bag buy his crotch.
Hamadeh
Posted: Jun 4 2007, 12:33 PM

Unregistered

My grandma was visiting my aunt in canada so she went there and my aunt asked for shoes that she left at her house so they took it to the airport and a 10 inch knife was in her boot and the TSA put my grandma in custody for like 30 minutes lol sjhe was crying all over the place i felt bad cause she bareley speaks english lol.
Sureshot
Posted: Jun 4 2007, 12:33 PM

"Real world hijack? Cool!" -Shelley Watson, NEADS

Group: Admin
Member No.: 430

QUOTE (Matthew Brown @ Jun 4 2007, 07:09 AM)
QUOTE (mid life crises @ Jun 4 2007, 11:37 AM)

I'll start:

Fing ridiculous. She was so upset.And we are really made as we look forward to that jam!!  What the hell could jam do?? I guess you could konk someone on the head with it...make them eat the whole thing til they puke..

In actuality, you can do a lot of bad things with some everyday items--that, I believe. I fly very often, and they clearly let you know what you can and can't bring on the plane... it's not like they surprise you.

I know it sucks, but it's reality.

And you accept it, just like that? Damn, I get a sense of anger when I have my shit confiscated. I once got a snow globe from New York (I live on the other side of the US) to give as a gift to my grandparents and it was taken. Thought I had a bomb or something. After a short brief profanity moments I walked off, but I was pissed since it was $50 some dollars. And they refused to send it to me.
e^n
Posted: Jun 4 2007, 12:35 PM

NWO Employee Of The Year 2007

Member No.: 3,405

Nothing too serious, my bag was searched leaving Manchester and entering Chicago, twice in fact entering Chicago. Once for 'agriculture' and one for security.

I have long hair so I look like a damn hippy and I guess they thought i was bringing THE WACKY BACCY over.
Sureshot
Posted: Jun 4 2007, 12:39 PM

"Real world hijack? Cool!" -Shelley Watson, NEADS

Group: Admin
Member No.: 430

This security BS is just one way they want to control us. Just so we get slowly used to cameras, and unwarranted searches and more.
look-up
Posted: Jun 4 2007, 01:25 PM

A WTC 7 No-Planer

Member No.: 654

Why do we have to put up with this crap?

The real question is, Why do we put up with this crap? If people refused to travel if they are going to be treated like cows, then the airlines would pressure the government to lax security.

Maybe that's too harsh, but if citizens just did some acts of civil disobedience, and refused to give up their toothpaste and bottled water, then this rule would disappear.

If you follow a rule, no matter how ridiculous, you legitimize it.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | The Lounge | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
zIFBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Register for Free

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0257 seconds · Archive