zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to Loose Change Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

The Destruction Of Baghdad's Al-sarafiya Bridge, Divide and Rule
Front242
  Posted: Apr 21 2007, 09:27 AM

Advanced Mem

Group: Members
Member No.: 734

QUOTE (Associated Press)
BAGHDAD, Apr. 12, 2007

(AP) A suicide truck bomb exploded on a major bridge in Baghdad early Thursday, blowing a hole in the steel structure and sending cars toppling into the Tigris river below, police and witnesses said.

At least six people were killed and 21 injured, according to hospital officials. That toll was expected to rise.

Police were trying to rescue as many as 20 people whose cars plummeted into the waters below.

The target was the al-Sarafiya bridge, which connects two northern Baghdad neighborhoods _ Azamiyah, a mostly Sunni enclave, and Bab al-Muazam, a mixed area.

This is the news agencies version. Baghdad chaos as usual, one might think. But the same AP's video footage showed the bridge broken into three pieces. The chinese Xinhuanet commented:

(Posted Image)

Police said the attack was by a suicide truck bomber, but Associated Press Television News footage showed the bridge broken apart in two places -- perhaps the result of two blasts.

Two blasts? According to the iraqi resistance

Later, in a dispatch posted at 11:40am GMT, Quds Press reported the Chairman of the Iraqi Puppet “Parliament” as casting doubt on the official explanation for the destruction of the bridge.

Quds Press reported Mahmud al-Mashhadani as saying that although the media reported that a truck bomb was responsible for destroying the bridge, the bridge had in fact been blown into three pieces. Al-Mashhadani further said that “there is information that has reached us that the puppet security agencies set up check points and prevented people from crossing the bridge starting at 6am this Thursday morning.

Apparently the bridge was closed before it blew up. What do eyewitnesses say? Uruknet reports the following:

Just like the bombing of Al-Askari shrine, Al-sarafiya bridge witnessed strange events hours before the bombing.

Iraqirabita quoting an eyewitness lives in Al-Atafiya – western side of the river says she woke up 07,10 this morning because of the unusual sounds of Americans helicopters above the river Tigris.

"I thought that this a beginning of an raid in our neighborhood, to be sure I went upstairs to see where are these helicopters are heading to.

I saw with my own eyes a helicopter firing two missiles, I heard an explosion, then I saw the bridge collapsed."

Another report says…..It is interesting to note this morning Iraqi police blocked the traffic on the bridge for more than two hours, shortly before the explosion they allowed civilians cars to cross the river, which confirms that there is an orchestrated destruction of Al-Sarafiya bridge and resumption of movement by the time of the bombing was to cover up the actions of the "bombers"

Wow. Why should the americans do that? Well, it's part of their "Divide and Rule"-strategy described in the following articles:

Robert Fisk: Divide and rule - America's plan for Baghdad
Pepe Escobar: The Baghdad gulag
feralmet
Posted: Apr 21 2007, 09:38 AM

Chris Shaw (feralmet)

Member No.: 168

It's the Salvador Option.

Google "salvador option" to understand.

Here's a bunch of links:

http://www.brusselstribunal.org/BritishBombers.htm

- happy reading. Don't think it can't happen to us..

- it can.

Front242
Posted: Apr 21 2007, 09:49 AM

Advanced Mem

Member No.: 734

I never heard that term. Thanks for the link.
spreadingthetruth
Posted: Apr 21 2007, 10:21 AM

Advanced Member

Group: Gone
Member No.: 4,074

A bridge in the way from Baghdad to Sadr city ... hmm, how convenient for the U.S.

They could have blown it away anyways and just say: "we did it because we can".
travis
Posted: Apr 21 2007, 11:02 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 400

The treatment of those people is just sick. I hop they find a way out.
chucksheen
Posted: Apr 21 2007, 11:10 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,680

Problem-Reaction-Solution.

Order out of chaos.

Divide and conquer.

I heard the Tigris and Euphrates have significance and are represented by the blue looking rivers on the Israeli flag.

Thanks for sharing the term salvador option:

The Pentagon is intensively debating an option that dates back to a still-secret strategy in the Reagan administration’s battle against the leftist guerrilla insurgency in El Salvador in the early 1980s. Then, faced with a losing war against Salvadoran rebels, the U.S. government funded or supported “nationalist” forces that allegedly included so-called death squads directed to hunt down and kill rebel leaders and sympathizers.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | The Lounge | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0236 seconds · Archive