Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Genesis. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (4) 1 2 [3] 4  ( Go to first unread post )

Revival
M'Aiq
Posted: Aug 17 2008, 03:37 PM

Plankton

Group: Members
Member No.: 44

Hey, durrrr....
Why didn't we think of this before?:
Put a link to this forum in our sigs and post a lot!

--------------------
I handle the corpses.
Acesolid
Posted: Aug 17 2008, 03:56 PM

Grapu

Member No.: 42

QUOTE (M'Aiq @ Aug 17 2008, 03:37 PM)
Hey, durrrr....
Why didn't we think of this before?:
Put a link to this forum in our sigs and post a lot!

nah, I dont think it would be enough.

The only way for such a game to work is to have a large and constant flow of peaple playing. And the only way to have that is to be on an already large forum, or have a lot of publicity.

And I think a game on a high gravity world would be realy fun.

smurfslayer
Posted: Aug 17 2008, 07:04 PM

I has a Wii!!!!!

Member No.: 4

Two words, people: Fuck yes.

We need to do this.

--------------------
QUOTE (OathinBlood @ Nov 14 2006, 09:20 PM)
Smurf, the short blue peacemaker of us all.
Gamgee
Posted: Aug 17 2008, 07:30 PM

Co-Founder of the Xiva

Group: Gamgee
Member No.: 8

Sent Rat a message asking if the jury decided anything, no reply yet.

--------------------
user posted image
We got tactical smart missiles, phase-plasma pulse rifles, RPGs, we got sonic electronic ball breakers! We got nukes, we got knives, sharp sticks... ~ Hudson
Gamgee
Posted: Aug 18 2008, 07:31 AM

Co-Founder of the Xiva

They said no we can't come back, well that's the end of that hope. Any other big websites we can be a parasite on? tongue.gif

--------------------
user posted image
We got tactical smart missiles, phase-plasma pulse rifles, RPGs, we got sonic electronic ball breakers! We got nukes, we got knives, sharp sticks... ~ Hudson
M'Aiq
Posted: Aug 19 2008, 06:45 AM

Plankton

Member No.: 44

QUOTE (Gamgee @ Aug 18 2008, 07:31 AM)
They said no we can't come back, well that's the end of that hope. Any other big websites we can be a parasite on? tongue.gif

4chan? tongue.gif

I have no idea really.

--------------------
I handle the corpses.
OathinBlood
Posted: Aug 27 2008, 09:52 AM

Street Shark!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

sorry i've been away lately, travelling a lot. Will reply more in a week.

--------------------
user posted image
Gamgee
Posted: Aug 28 2008, 01:37 PM

Co-Founder of the Xiva

Well I am still here waiting for any sort of development. Oath surely you can host us somewhere either on the gamefaqs... *sigh* forums... or someplace else preferably.

--------------------
user posted image
smurfslayer
Posted: Aug 29 2008, 04:34 PM

I has a Wii!!!!!

Member No.: 4

In all honesty though, we should probably wait until a while after Spore's out to do this, as I can foresee the game eating up all of my free time, as I'm sure it will with others.

--------------------
QUOTE (OathinBlood @ Nov 14 2006, 09:20 PM)
Smurf, the short blue peacemaker of us all.
Gamgee
Posted: Aug 30 2008, 07:52 AM

Co-Founder of the Xiva

It won't be eating up my time... what a disappointment it was. My time will be taken up with college and X3: The Terran Conflict.

--------------------
user posted image
Seb (sjvan0)
Posted: Aug 30 2008, 05:22 PM

Tanaxai Transformer

Member No.: 10

With the copy-protection that EA have decided to implement, it won't be taking up any of my time either.
Acesolid
Posted: Aug 30 2008, 05:53 PM

Grapu

Well, I dont think there is any chance at all of having the game going back on the elder scroll forums.

I just mentionned the evolution game and the Men in black erased what I said, then all posts leading to mine, and then all those slightly related to it in the entire thread!

Apparently they realy are very very passionate about that.

Damn, I had hoped the game could be resurected on the elder scroll forums, but apparently it's impossible...

Anyways, about Spore, I'll buy it even with the copy protection, because I am certain after a while they'll get rid of the 3 activation limits. But I agree it would be much better if it would be sold on Steam, that is in my opinion a much better system.
Seb (sjvan0)
Posted: Aug 30 2008, 06:03 PM

Tanaxai Transformer

Member No.: 10

Dude, not a good idea to make a comment like that. You probably know this already, but the TESF mods are veeerrry touchy about calling attention to their activities.

EDIT: I see you already got rid of the "neuralizing" comment. Carry on.
Fighters
Posted: Aug 30 2008, 06:07 PM

Bacteria

Member No.: 46

Gee, the Mods are tight on this.

You peaked my attention anyway. If this does get up and running anywhere then I'll give it a shot.
Acesolid
Posted: Aug 30 2008, 06:08 PM

Grapu

QUOTE (Seb (sjvan0) @ Aug 30 2008, 06:03 PM)
Dude, not a good idea to make a comment like that. You probably know this already, but the TESF mods are veeerrry touchy about calling attention to their activities.

EDIT: I see you already got rid of the "neuralizing" comment. Carry on.

When I saw that a mod entered a logical response. I edited it.

It's just that I was under the impression that a mod had simply "sterilized" the whole thread and went away without saying anything.
OathinBlood
Posted: Aug 31 2008, 05:03 PM

Street Shark!

Member No.: 1

Well, I'm back home again and ready to go. Simply point me to a forum and I'll go. Your job is just finding a suitable one.

--------------------
user posted image
Gamgee
Posted: Aug 31 2008, 07:07 PM

Co-Founder of the Xiva

Ooo here that guys? Well I have a few likely candidates in mind, we just have to investigate them a little bit more.

Giant in the Playground, a mature website devoted to DnD. However they have an excellent area for off topic games which I am sure we could use for spore. It is a big forum so I don't doubt any lack of players.
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/

Another option is here, another DnD site but slightly more strict. I am not sure if other games would allow something freeform, and the way the forums are set up there would be no influx of members because of a one time sign up policy type thing. http://www.dndonlinegames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6106

Finally... and my least favorite choice out of my ideas is gamefaqs forums... not known for their intelligence do we won't those types of players? However a secure player base is completely assured. Another reason I don't really care for it is long time rivals have born and died there, it would feel odd taking over when all of the others died wink.gif

--------------------
user posted image
Acesolid
Posted: Sep 1 2008, 12:49 PM

Grapu

QUOTE (Gamgee @ Aug 31 2008, 07:07 PM)
Ooo here that guys? Well I have a few likely candidates in mind, we just have to investigate them a little bit more.

Giant in the Playground, a mature website devoted to DnD. However they have an excellent area for off topic games which I am sure we could use for spore. It is a big forum so I don't doubt any lack of players.
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/

Another option is here, another DnD site but slightly more strict. I am not sure if other games would allow something freeform, and the way the forums are set up there would be no influx of members because of a one time sign up policy type thing. http://www.dndonlinegames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6106

Finally... and my least favorite choice out of my ideas is gamefaqs forums... not known for their intelligence do we won't those types of players? However a secure player base is completely assured. Another reason I don't really care for it is long time rivals have born and died there, it would feel odd taking over when all of the others died wink.gif

I think our best bet (within your 3 suggestions) might be the Giant in the playgroud forum, it looks good enough. With more then 30 000 members, it should be ok.

Anyways, wherever Oath decides to start a new game, I'll follow. cool.gif
MinotaurWarrior
Posted: Sep 1 2008, 03:37 PM

Ryleh

Member No.: 29

I'll throw my vote in for GitP, I all ready frequent the site and have read the web comic in it's entirety, so for me it's just one less bookmark (and yes, I have kept this site bookmarked).
Gamgee
Posted: Sep 1 2008, 07:10 PM

Co-Founder of the Xiva

I also vote for GitP forums, so far that is three of us. I think we have a new site to invade... muhahahaha. Now we simply await your command to start the invasion Oath. Make sure the first topic is up though before we invade however tongue.gif

--------------------
user posted image
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.

Topic OptionsPages: (4) 1 2 [3] 4 

AFFILIATES
Genesis's Affliates

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0379 seconds · Archive