zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to Genesis. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (4) 1 [2] 3 4  ( Go to first unread post )

Revival
M'Aiq
Posted: Aug 16 2008, 03:51 AM

Plankton

Group: Members
Member No.: 44

QUOTE (OathinBlood @ Aug 15 2008, 11:47 PM)
This is awesome. It was only a couple weeks ago when I felt some nostalgia for Genesis again, and wallah, a new game is born. I'm more than up for it, but I'm in Cambodia for the next two weeks...doesn't mean I can't do it, though. We'll see. I'm definitely up for it.

How many interested do we have?

biggrin.gif

Only we who have posted in this topic, so far. We need to reach more people, somehow.

--------------------
I handle the corpses.
Gamgee
Posted: Aug 16 2008, 05:32 AM

Co-Founder of the Xiva

Group: Gamgee
Member No.: 8

So far? A grand total of three and possibly a fourth guy who posted above but not since his first post tongue.gif Also it is good to see you, soon as I seen how much spore sucked compared to when it was announced and the barbaric "safety" measures I knew we needed a Genesis again. I will try to round up some more people now that I know we have a host even if it gets me a warning... tongue.gif

Edit
Okay I posted a little message in the spore topic on ES Forums, lets hope we get some people.

--------------------
user posted image
We got tactical smart missiles, phase-plasma pulse rifles, RPGs, we got sonic electronic ball breakers! We got nukes, we got knives, sharp sticks... ~ Hudson
Acesolid
Posted: Aug 16 2008, 05:55 AM

Grapu

Member No.: 42

I'm realy interrested in playing in a new game. biggrin.gif

But damn, it's been a while since I last played.

PS: I think the best way to resurect the game would be to somehow get it back on the elder scrolls forums.

Let's just ask every single moderator one after the other and say we wont cause any trouble untill one accepts, and if no moderator accepts... ninja.gif 188.gif 676.gif
Gamgee
Posted: Aug 16 2008, 06:06 AM

Co-Founder of the Xiva

I already tried Rat for just a recruitment POST and he said no... so naturally I went and did it when he was sleeping wink.gif

--------------------
user posted image
We got tactical smart missiles, phase-plasma pulse rifles, RPGs, we got sonic electronic ball breakers! We got nukes, we got knives, sharp sticks... ~ Hudson
Acesolid
Posted: Aug 16 2008, 06:12 AM

Grapu

QUOTE (Gamgee @ Aug 16 2008, 06:06 AM)
I already tried Rat for just a recruitment POST and he said no... so naturally I went and did it when he was sleeping wink.gif

That's the spirit Gamgee! 676.gif
Gamgee
Posted: Aug 16 2008, 07:02 AM

Co-Founder of the Xiva

Asking Rat if we can host a game there, all we can do is pray that he says yes.

--------------------
user posted image
Snefru
Posted: Aug 16 2008, 07:16 AM

Bacteria

Member No.: 45

QUOTE (Gamgee @ Aug 16 2008, 02:32 PM)
So far? A grand total of three and possibly a fourth guy who posted above but not since his first post tongue.gif

If you mean me, yeah, I'm in, I just had nothing to say tongue.gif
MinotaurWarrior
Posted: Aug 16 2008, 10:46 AM

Ryleh

Member No.: 29

ninja.gif
M'Aiq
Posted: Aug 16 2008, 11:48 AM

Plankton

QUOTE (MinotaurWarrior @ Aug 16 2008, 10:46 AM)
ninja.gif

Well, ok. Now we are... 5? How many do we need to be?

--------------------
I handle the corpses.
Gamgee
Posted: Aug 16 2008, 12:13 PM

Co-Founder of the Xiva

Semi Good news people, Rat is.... discussing... with the other moderators about letting us return from our exile!!! Now we can only hope we get a second chance!

--------------------
user posted image
M'Aiq
Posted: Aug 16 2008, 12:19 PM

Plankton

QUOTE (Gamgee @ Aug 16 2008, 12:13 PM)
Semi Good news people, Rat is.... discussing... with the other moderators about letting us return from our exile!!! Now we can only hope we get a second chance!

676.gif

Good.

--------------------
I handle the corpses.
Acesolid
Posted: Aug 16 2008, 02:08 PM

Grapu

QUOTE (Gamgee @ Aug 16 2008, 12:13 PM)

laugh.gif

That's great news, let's hope they will agree to let us bring Genesis back to life!
OathinBlood
Posted: Aug 16 2008, 04:39 PM

Street Shark!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Acesolid?! It's been a while.

Wow, I didn't even think we had a chance to be back on the ES forums, what with the strictness and all. I agree, that's the only way possible to have a constant stream of members both in and out, which is how to keep the game alive. I can start it with five, though.

Do you want to make another 'vanilla' game, or do you want to make it a bit more interesting? Hydrogen gas giant world, or maybe we'll evolve flora instead of fauna. Who knows, I'm up for anything.

--------------------
user posted image
Gamgee
Posted: Aug 16 2008, 05:04 PM

Co-Founder of the Xiva

Vanilla for now Oath, should we need to change I am sure we can find some obscure way of doing it wink.gif

--------------------
user posted image
Acesolid
Posted: Aug 16 2008, 05:18 PM

Grapu

QUOTE (OathinBlood @ Aug 16 2008, 04:39 PM)

Wow, I didn't even think we had a chance to be back on the ES forums, what with the strictness and all. I agree, that's the only way possible to have a constant stream of members both in and out, which is how to keep the game alive. I can start it with five, though.

Do you want to make another 'vanilla' game, or do you want to make it a bit more interesting? Hydrogen gas giant world, or maybe we'll evolve flora instead of fauna. Who knows, I'm up for anything.

I think it would be fun to play a game on a younger planet, with a lot of volcanic activity. Our cell could start underwater near an hydrothermal vent (where the whole ecosystem revolves around the chemicals comming from the vents rather then the sun). It would be cool since there could be a lot of weird creatures around.

But that's just a random idea, and I think playing a vanilla Genesis game could be equally fun, if not more.
Gamgee
Posted: Aug 16 2008, 06:43 PM

Co-Founder of the Xiva

Oooo how about a high gravity planet that is almost entirely rolling plains and desserts with just a little bit of forests. So it would be an incredibly arid planet, we would most likely have to adapt to storing water for long periods of time since there is so little of it.

--------------------
user posted image
OathinBlood
Posted: Aug 16 2008, 11:47 PM

Street Shark!

Member No.: 1

See, now we have the ball rolling. All good ideas...the heavy-gravity planet would be strange, though. I still like the idea of a gas giant where everything floats.

--------------------
user posted image
M'Aiq
Posted: Aug 17 2008, 11:00 AM

Plankton

Any news from the mods?

I think a volcano style planet would be awesome.

--------------------
I handle the corpses.
Gamgee
Posted: Aug 17 2008, 12:16 PM

Co-Founder of the Xiva

No news yet, if he doesn't respond tonight I will ask him if tomorrow if they reached a decision.

I don't want to be pushy as it might ruin our chance tongue.gif

--------------------
user posted image
Seb (sjvan0)
Posted: Aug 17 2008, 03:07 PM

Tanaxai Transformer

Member No.: 10

QUOTE (Acesolid @ Aug 17 2008, 01:18 AM)
QUOTE (OathinBlood @ Aug 16 2008, 04:39 PM)

I think it would be fun to play a game on a younger planet, with a lot of volcanic activity. Our cell could start underwater near an hydrothermal vent (where the whole ecosystem revolves around the chemicals comming from the vents rather then the sun). It would be cool since there could be a lot of weird creatures around.

But that's just a random idea, and I think playing a vanilla Genesis game could be equally fun, if not more.

It's kind of similar to what we had with the Xivai though, isn't it? The gas giant idea sounds interesting, although it doesn't really give much variety in biomes, does it? I like the high-gravity idea, though
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (4) 1 [2] 3 4 

AFFILIATES
Genesis's Affliates

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0450 seconds · Archive