Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Genesis. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Iron Realms Mud
OathinBlood
Posted: Aug 29 2007, 12:38 PM

Street Shark!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

So I was thinking of playing one of the MUDs made by Iron Realms, since all of them are pretty reputable and have had praise lavished upon them. Not wanting to be alone, it'd be great if one or more of you guys could join in, so I made this thread for discussing. There are 4 MUDs to choose from, all of them slightly different. Also, keep in mind that MUDs are completely non-graphical, and are pretty hard to get used to, but allow more gameplay than any other type of game. They're all in fantasy settings. Anyways, here are the four.

Imperian - The Sundered Heavens - Seems to take place in a wartorn universe, very rugged and bitter atmosphere. Combat is at an all-time high here. Cut-throat politics and warring city-states.

Aetolia - The Midnight Age - The darkest of the four, with the ability to become vampires and such. A blacker, more gothic overtone. Again, player politics and warring city-states.

Achaea - Dreams of Divine Lands - Seems to be the vanilla of the bunch, the oldest one as well. I've played it, and it's heads higher than any other MUD, though you could probably say that for all of Iron Realms's MUDs. Again, vanilla. Politics and city-states.

Lusternia - Age of Ascension - Contrasting Aetolia, this is the happy one of the bunch. Focus on different dimensional planes, a new better crafting system, and intelligent quests. Definitely a lighter atmosphere, very nature-esque.

I don't have any great preference to one or the other. They all seem great.

--------------------
user posted image
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic Options

AFFILIATES
Genesis's Affliates

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0268 seconds · Archive