zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to Genesis. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (9) 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

Genesis - Tribes, The Xivai
Gamgee
Posted: Sep 4 2007, 04:23 PM

Co-Founder of the Xiva

Group: Gamgee
Member No.: 8

E with a focus on worldrot

Just makes sense, I want to have the other options at our disposal later.

--------------------
user posted image
We got tactical smart missiles, phase-plasma pulse rifles, RPGs, we got sonic electronic ball breakers! We got nukes, we got knives, sharp sticks... ~ Hudson
OathinBlood
Posted: Sep 4 2007, 06:00 PM

Street Shark!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

QUOTE (BodhiBloodWave @ Sep 4 2007, 10:05 PM)
Oathin, another question:On E will we need to split into different aspects later or can we choose to stay with our only specialty and just respect the remaining aspects without worship?

You can either acknowledge the presence of the other aspects without delving into their use, or divide society into a group of sects. You can also have a pseudo-pantheon of all of the different aspects of the Great Maw, or really whatever the hell you want.

Also, I have school tomorrow. Blech.

--------------------
user posted image
Oblivion2007
Posted: Sep 5 2007, 12:32 AM

Sleesh

Group: Members
Member No.: 40

E with a focus of worldrot
Nurjehan
Posted: Sep 5 2007, 12:44 AM

Bodhi's better half

Member No.: 39

E with a focus on Famine

Since we are a small group we could use the extra strength famine would give us to build a proper base of operation.
Oblivion2007
Posted: Sep 5 2007, 06:02 AM

Sleesh

Yeah but with the Way of Famine we are bound to loose a percentage of those trying to master it because they are basically starving themselves. Our numbers are low, we can't risk loosing our tribe members by following this path. Now if we had a large population of about 100 (which is a pretty big size for a tribe) and lets say like 25% die from it thats still 75 people that managed to survive the process so we still have numbers. However for our six guys thats 1 or two people dieing and we will be left with 4 or 5 remaining tribe members which is dangerous because of injuries/sickness that will happen occasionally and take one of those remaining members out of commision. Let's also not forget that we probably won't want our leader out there doing anything dangerous so that also would limit the people that could do things.

So basically right now we shouldn't focus on Famine. And in order to do Gluttony we would need to hunt constantly. Gluttony is another thing that would be better with a larger population because we would have members to spare that could hunt all the time.
BodhiBloodWave
Posted: Sep 5 2007, 07:53 AM

Zebodi Ambassador

Member No.: 33

It could be that the path of famine reduces our need for food drastically tho, we really are working toward a choice based on a lack of needed knowledge(we have no idea what rot-touch and haemomancy does afterall)

Oathin, do we risk loosing any members by choosing the path of Famine?
OathinBlood
Posted: Sep 5 2007, 02:47 PM

Street Shark!

Member No.: 1

Yes, though you get massive benefits. One being famine-strength and the other gaining that sphere of magic, and also needing less food drastically.

--------------------
user posted image
Twitchmonkey
Posted: Sep 5 2007, 02:52 PM

wears a spandex leotard with the flag of communist Vietnam on it

Member No.: 2

I just don't think famine is a good choice for the future. Right now it might be best because we will face famine, but eventually we will have abundance, and shouldn't our society reflect that?
BodhiBloodWave
Posted: Sep 5 2007, 05:35 PM

Zebodi Ambassador

Thats why we we have the E tho, so we can create more sects if we need to/want to later, when we have grown and prospered better

I'd say having our tribe split into different sects once we start prosper properly is a good sign of Abundance(if Oathin allows it we might even add one and one sect as we grow larger depending on what aspect we need)

Vote E asks for a specialization now since we can only follow one aspect with our current numbers, thus i favor Famine that provide the benefits we need currently and will help the most at the current time, and branching out into more sects once our numbers go up
Twitchmonkey
Posted: Sep 5 2007, 05:38 PM

E is good for me.
BodhiBloodWave
Posted: Sep 5 2007, 06:13 PM

Zebodi Ambassador

but with what speciality? its full vote is basicly E focusing on (A,B,C or D) pure E lacks the speciality you want us to start with
Twitchmonkey
Posted: Sep 5 2007, 07:02 PM

I like E with D, but I'm alright with anything so long as we get E.
Seb (sjvan0)
Posted: Sep 12 2007, 11:41 AM

Tanaxai Transformer

Member No.: 10

The main effect of faminestrength is a beserker-like state of mind combined with the "nothing to lose" attitude of desperation, right? If so, while it would be great for warriors, I really don't think it would be a good choice for our society as a whole. We need something more stable-minded if we want to succeed. Therefore I say we go with E, with a focus on C.
BodhiBloodWave
Posted: Sep 14 2007, 05:09 AM

Zebodi Ambassador

Got a favor to ask of you Oathin, would you mind giving a proper example of just what each of the 4 paths can do, the Worldrot and Bloodthirst in particular as the two first are easy to guess compared to those two(as in the effect they might have since it would end our guessing)
Oblivion2007
Posted: Sep 14 2007, 05:45 AM

Sleesh

Yeah because Bloodthirst sounds like we might some really cool magic, but so does World-rot if we are to assume that we can do other things besides get like a once-per-day spell that rots something we touch.
BodhiBloodWave
Posted: Sep 14 2007, 07:12 AM

Zebodi Ambassador

Depending on the explanation i might shift my vote to worldrot or bloodthirst.

The reason i'm focusing on E with famine currently is that i deem the strength we gain from famine will be very useful for us early on, specially combined with the drastic reduction of food we will need to prosper and survive(once we grow larger i could easy see us add the other cults one by one, but the strength and lower food need seems most useful currently)

Worldrot and bloodthirst i'm shying away from since i don't know how it works compared to the first ones thus opting for what i understand thats useful rather then what seems coolest
Seb (sjvan0)
Posted: Sep 14 2007, 10:52 AM

Tanaxai Transformer

Member No.: 10

While in the short term it would be useful in reducing food needs, building a society on a foundation of starvation-induced insanity for the sake of needing less food now just seems a little short sighted.
BodhiBloodWave
Posted: Sep 14 2007, 11:08 AM

Zebodi Ambassador

This is short term tho, we are likely to start upping our numbers once the Geryon grows fully into her role which is when we would be able to start evolving the new cults of the other 3 aspect

Had it been possible i'd simply have had each of our Xivai adopt one aspect with the one extra on famine, but thats not a choice tho.

I want the cults equal but we have to focus on one aspect before we gain the numbers to start the others(i'm not sure how long it would take for our geryon to assume her position tho )

Aslong as i don't know how the last two will affect us to a certain degree i deem them to risky to choose, gluttony is not an option we can use currently as such that leaves famine for me(tho i could likely be persuaded to opt for bloodthirst as it seems obvious, that Haemomancy is what confuses me tho as it reminds me of a fancy term for blood magic )
Oblivion2007
Posted: Sep 14 2007, 01:17 PM

Sleesh

The only real purpose I see for the path of Famine is when we have an army in the future. They would be like the Persian Immortals, insane fanatical soldier that know no fear, mercy, or happiness. All they know is hate, anger, and a never-ending hunger that pushes them to slaughter their enemies with no regard to their own lives. Nothing else would matter to them.
However right now this is not what we need. Our members hate each other, and if they go insane during this process it might lead them to attacking other tribe members because they see them as enemies. The path of Famine will NOT lead to stable tribe members, and right now with the tension between tribe members so high what we need first and foremost is to establish stability within the tribe. A religion will do that, give them all something to be united under. This is also why all members must start out following the same path, because having even two different factions within the tribe at this point might push us over the edge. World-rot seems to be the more stable then Bloodthirst because we will still be getting a full diet, and Gluttony isn't an option because we need to do other things besides constantly try to find food for our religion. World-rot is the best way to go at this point.
BodhiBloodWave
Posted: Sep 14 2007, 02:46 PM

Zebodi Ambassador

actually i disagree there, Gluttony would be more likely to give us an constant hunger, keep in mind that oathin stated that the path of famine drastically reduces the amount of food we need to survive(as such it dosn't seem logical that we have an never-ending hunger atleast not enough to make us mindless, and i can't see anything in the famine information that points toward us being so, wild yes but not mindless)

To me it seems more like a case of us having to reach the famine-state that is the hard part, once reached it sounds like they cool down a bit but since none of us have enough info most of our votes are going on guesswork

Also, how are you sure that Worldrot is the most stable, its the choice we know the least about in how it will affect us and what exactly it grants

I am getting tempted to go for bloodthirst tho since it might be 'safer' then the famine choice
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic OptionsPages: (9) 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... Last »

AFFILIATES
Genesis's Affliates

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0488 seconds · Archive