zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to Genesis. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (9) 1 [2] 3 4 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

Genesis - Tribes, The Xivai
Logic_man
Posted: Aug 27 2007, 04:48 AM

The most logical (sometimes)

Group: Members
Member No.: 6

24.gif that would be hilarious! i can imaging them taking over the universe with a name like that. biggrin.gif

--------------------
This is green and underlined
BodhiBloodWave
Posted: Aug 27 2007, 06:57 AM

Zebodi Ambassador

Member No.: 33

Personally i like this name a lot better

E) Dirisk'gor'Xiiskarakk (Demons of the/from the Abyss)
Gamgee
Posted: Aug 27 2007, 01:10 PM

Co-Founder of the Xiva

Group: Gamgee
Member No.: 8

E) Dirisk'gor'Xiiskarakk (Demons of the/from the Abyss)

We are not prophets.... so Ill take this.

--------------------
user posted image
We got tactical smart missiles, phase-plasma pulse rifles, RPGs, we got sonic electronic ball breakers! We got nukes, we got knives, sharp sticks... ~ Hudson
OathinBlood
Posted: Aug 27 2007, 02:10 PM

Street Shark!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Well, you can always go for Demons from the/of the Maw.

--------------------
user posted image
BodhiBloodWave
Posted: Aug 27 2007, 02:14 PM

Zebodi Ambassador

Abyss sounds better in my view, tho i'm biased tongue.gif
Twitchmonkey
Posted: Aug 27 2007, 02:41 PM

wears a spandex leotard with the flag of communist Vietnam on it

Member No.: 2

F) Xizzt Xikizt Xiz Xaz (Cocksies from Ocksies)
OathinBlood
Posted: Aug 29 2007, 01:49 AM

Street Shark!

Cocksies from Ocksies it is. Started the Xivai update, updated everything and writing story. Stopped writing too, because it's real late.

--------------------
user posted image
OathinBlood
Posted: Aug 29 2007, 01:51 AM

Street Shark!

BTW, Prophets of the Maw won, giving us a bonus to religion as well as a religion in the first place. Seeing as how magic is real, and derived from religion, I'm gonna make this one interesting.

--------------------
user posted image
Nurjehan
Posted: Aug 29 2007, 11:03 AM

Bodhi's better half

Member No.: 39

From your post i am going to assume its to late for my vote, but i will just vote for E anyhow.
Oblivion2007
Posted: Aug 30 2007, 07:37 PM

Sleesh

Member No.: 40

Yeah, if it isn't to late I'll vote E
OathinBlood
Posted: Sep 4 2007, 02:18 AM

Street Shark!

-------------------------------------------------------
As the drifting members of the tribe returned to the set of pit-caves that they called home, they heard, or rather sensed, the equivalent of a thundering roar in thought-speak. It was Xriskeezax, the female that was becoming their Geryon. “Xarixxask! Devourer, consumer, it comes, it nears, the maw, it-DEVOUR! CONSUME! EAT! IT CONSUMES US ALLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!” As the others neared her stationary body they saw Xriskeezax’s body twitching and writhing, as if in a seizure or if in great pain. Xarask, the tribe member closest to Xriskeezax, swam toward her body, slightly worried. As she neared Xriskeezax snapped her head to face her, and stopped twitching. Her body was massive at this point, and her head alone was almost as large as Xarask’s body. “I am Xrizkez’gor’Xarixxask. A prophet of the Great Maw. You, the rest, are the blackmawed, the Xerxarixxask. Such is what I have sensed, such is what will be. Now begone.”

No tribe member, not even the males, dared disrespect the Geryon’s words. The Geryon was their queen, their eggmother, and their leader. Without her, the tribe could not grow. As they slept during the day, the tribe was plagued with nightmarish visions and impulses, and an overwhelming desire to consume. An insatiable hunger-lust. The will of the Great Maw. Mysticism +10] [Food Needed +1/Tribe Member]

The Geryon in particular received the brunt of the dream-messages, being the Xrizkez, the prophet, of the entire tribe. She had a waking dream, and in a lucid state she wandered a dark hall. The floor and ceiling twitched with life as she sensed nerves run through them. The very walls of the hall she was in were organic, and alive at that. She saw the bioelectric signals as light in her mind’s eye, and everything alive was bathed in a cool light. Among the dull light of the living masonry, several black outlines stood out distinctly, each on a pedestal embedded into the living walls. She could make out their vague shapes by indirectly sensing their silhouettes against the organic hall. There were four statues, each with very distinctive shapes. The first was bulky and glutinous. The second was skeletal and sharp. The third was ragged and sagging. The fourth was thin and needle-like. They all had similar shapes to a Xivai head, and could possibly be busts of Xivai. Suddenly, a voice sounded in her head, though it seemed to emanate from her stomach, and as it spoke she felt pangs of hunger and an overwhelming desire to both consume and be consumed.

“You have looked upon the four faces of the Great Maw. They are all different aspects of hunger. The first is hunger fulfilled, properly known as Gluttony. Hunger is a constant force, that will arrive again whether satiated or not. Hunger fulfilled is a hopeless achievement, an impossible task – it can be driven off momentarily, but is sure to return. However, a certain strength can be derived from hunger fulfilled, for it is food that makes the body strong, the flesh resilient. Through study of Gluttony one can achieve knowledge of Gluttonstrength.

The second is hunger unfulfilled, properly known as Famine. As stated before, hunger is impossible to satiate. It is a futile task, despite its rewards. Starvation is a powerful force, and can draw out a level of desperation that no other force can rival. A body lacking food is a body malnourished, though only in the flesh. If starved for a long enough time, hungerlust can drive a Xivai wild, drawing out a strength that can’t be drawn out any other way. Famine-strength is unrivalled in it’s ferocity, its sheer and raw power. Through study of Famine one can achieve knowledge of Faminestrength.

The third is worldrot hunger, properly known as Worldrot. Worldrot is a hunger not confined to one individual, or even a hundred. It is the hunger of the entire world, the hunger of the Great Maw, whose stomach is our world. Decomposition is the digestion of matter in the Great Stomach, as everything rots, to be digested and reborn. Worldrot is best seen in the deep abysses of the ocean, where the rotting remants of all organic life is constantly drifting in from above. Through study of Worldrot one can achieve knowledge of Rot-touch.

The fourth is the hunger for blood, properly known as Bloodthirst. Bloodthirst is a different type hunger for blood – the act of spilling it, and the drinking of the blood itself. Flesh is not important. It can be torn away and regrown, but blood cannot be lost in any great quantity. It is impossible to recover from a grievous loss of blood, but possible to recover from a grevious flesh wound. Blood is the life-force of a body, a combination of it’s body and soul, and so in drinking it, we prevent the soul from being reborn in any plane, mortal or immortal. Through study of Bloodthirst one can achieve knowledge of Haemomancy.

Which aspect of the Great Maw do you wish to follow?
A) Gluttony.
B) Famine.
C) Worldrot.
D) Bloodthirst.
E) Keep them all in mind and thought, though only specializing in one. (Select which one.)

--------------------
user posted image
Twitchmonkey
Posted: Sep 4 2007, 04:14 AM

Torn between C and E. C seems like a more encompassing and powerful force than both A or B, and D seems a bit too vampiric for my taste. The Xivai live for death and thrive upon it, they have no special place for any of it's components. It is the act that is crucial, the lust for chaos, not what is gotten from it. However, all these options hold a component to the same puzzle. The question then I suppose is whether a puzzle is better solved by a group of connected pieces in it's middle or a scattering throughout.

Just in case Oathin decides to update before I get the chance to make up my mind though, I vote C. For now.
BodhiBloodWave
Posted: Sep 4 2007, 04:19 AM

Zebodi Ambassador

.B) Famine.

Of the 4 choices that was availible there was two that seemed interesting to me, Famine that i decided to vote for and Worldrot which was an inch from getting my vote since it seemed quite sweet aswell

Famine got my vote tho due to how many ways i can see that work and what might be possible(and as a sidenote, its the one that makes us look the best/coolest if we adopt one of those forms upon specialization)
MinotaurWarrior
Posted: Sep 4 2007, 04:46 AM

Ryleh

Member No.: 29

E. Famine is worshiped by the fighters, Gluttony by the Geryon and craftsmen (eventually) and worldrot so holy that no-one is considered worthy of worshipping it.
BodhiBloodWave
Posted: Sep 4 2007, 06:18 AM

Zebodi Ambassador

problem with that is we are supposed to specialize in one of them, so while we might follow many i think we will only gain the proper benefit of one of them(tho if your idea works, which aspect gains the bloodthirst?)

A clarification would be nice on this Oathin in regards to E
MinotaurWarrior
Posted: Sep 4 2007, 09:22 AM

Ryleh

Member No.: 29

If it doesn't work, I'll go with B, and the Xivia are angsty and dark enough without vampires
OathinBlood
Posted: Sep 4 2007, 11:50 AM

Street Shark!

You could split up society into different sects later by choosing E, but with only 6 Xivai for now, the effects of different sects would be very negligent.

--------------------
user posted image
Logic_man
Posted: Sep 4 2007, 01:13 PM

The most logical (sometimes)

Member No.: 6

C) Worldrot.

--------------------
This is green and underlined
BodhiBloodWave
Posted: Sep 4 2007, 02:05 PM

Zebodi Ambassador

Hmmmm, i guess i will change my B vote into E since different sects in the future might be interesting(i do forsee possible conflicts in the future tho since some of these seems like they would be at odds with eachother), the specialization for this group is B tho still

We should decide if we want a society focusing on one united aspect at its strongest or if we want a split society of many sects with all that entails

Personally i favor a united famine aspect but i'll go with a split until its decided.

Oathin, another question:On E will we need to split into different aspects later or can we choose to stay with our only specialty and just respect the remaining aspects without worship?
Twitchmonkey
Posted: Sep 4 2007, 03:19 PM

E would be pretty interesting. I think we should focus our main colony on worldrot, but the smaller ones could have a different focus.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic OptionsPages: (9) 1 [2] 3 4 ... Last »

AFFILIATES
Genesis's Affliates

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0314 seconds · Archive