zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to Genesis. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (9) « First ... 7 8 [9]  ( Go to first unread post )

Genesis - Tribes, The Xivai
Gamgee
Posted: Sep 28 2007, 07:25 PM

Co-Founder of the Xiva

Group: Gamgee
Member No.: 8

Hmmm..... now this is a tough one. Allow us to go down the path of weakness or go back and claim what is ours..... I really have to think about this.

--------------------
user posted image
We got tactical smart missiles, phase-plasma pulse rifles, RPGs, we got sonic electronic ball breakers! We got nukes, we got knives, sharp sticks... ~ Hudson
Logic_man
Posted: Sep 29 2007, 01:23 AM

The most logical (sometimes)

Group: Members
Member No.: 6

ill go with Bodhi's votes there almost exactly what i was going to vote anyways

--------------------
This is green and underlined
Seb (sjvan0)
Posted: Oct 1 2007, 12:22 PM

Tanaxai Transformer

Group: Admin
Member No.: 10

How do you want to deal with this situation?
A) Let the Ysugtha growth take over Xiiskís body, setting it in another cave and sacrificing carcasses to it so that it can thrive.

How do you wish to advance technology? (24 Production Points)
A) Change the population conditions one last time to complete the observation experiments. (Science +) [18/20 PP] 2 points. Come on, let's frikking finish this already
E) Keep living in close proximity with the ecosystemís creatures, allowing them to grow used to our presence. (Growth +) [19/25 PP] 6 points
F) Start collecting the organic detritus snow and feeding it to the pale jellyfish swarms. (Science +) [0/5 PP] 5 Points. Besides the poison idea previously mentioned, we could also send in swarms of jellyfish as a way to confuse our enemies. Having groups of them around certain cave chambers could also act as a way to prevent other Xivai from eavesdropping on the conversations going on within, since all the bio-electrical activity would act as interference.
I) Keep experimenting with the kraklash vines, further incorporating them into the weapons of the tribe. (Military +) [8/10 PP] 2 Points
J) Keep experimenting with the kraklash seeds, observing how fast and how they react to triggers. (Science +) [3/5 PP] 2 Points
K) Begin tying strands of Bain together to make resilient string or rope.[0/25 PP] 7 Points. Besides rope, we could also make nets, baskets, clothes, etc. out of it. Nets will definitely come in handy when it comes to separating groups of jellyfish

How do you wish to further our culture? (13 Culture Points)
C) Keep strengthening the tribeís link to the Great Maw through mysticism. (Religion +) [10/20 CP] 5 points
E) Mesh the tribe thoroughly together, finally ending the separation of the sexes. (Culture +) [32/35 CP] 3 Points
F) Develop a social hierarchy by ranking the members in order of importance. (Culture +) [0/5 CP] 5 Points. If Xiisk dies, we'll need to develop this to ensure that the genders have equal rights in the tribe. If he lives, then it'll still be a good idea to finally get around to doing this.

What do you wish to do? (4 Working Members)
B) Start collecting the empty husks of corals and sponges on dead volcanic vents. (Resources +) Xerersk. There'll probably be some wounds gained from the hunt, so we'll be needing more sponges, plus if Xiisk survives there'll probably still be some major wounds left, even with the sponges being applied during surgery.
D) Send out a hunting party for large game. (Food +) Zaar, Xarask, and Xiraterix. Every time we've hunted with just two Xivai, it's ended in one being severely wounded, so let's try it with three.
Gamgee
Posted: Oct 1 2007, 03:32 PM

Co-Founder of the Xiva

I swear Ill have my votes up tomorrow. I am swamped with homework at the moment.

--------------------
user posted image
We got tactical smart missiles, phase-plasma pulse rifles, RPGs, we got sonic electronic ball breakers! We got nukes, we got knives, sharp sticks... ~ Hudson
Nurjehan
Posted: Oct 2 2007, 08:11 AM

Bodhi's better half

Member No.: 39

I'm going to go with Bodhi's choices

We now worship the great maw so if the ysugtha survive it should be as a simple tool or resource.

We are also more likely to find more ysugtha later on, we won't find another Xiisk.
Seb (sjvan0)
Posted: Oct 3 2007, 02:58 AM

Tanaxai Transformer

If we don't do all we can to keep the Ysugtha, then we'll be setting a precedent that the welfare of the individual comes before the advancement of the civilisation as a whole, which goes against pretty much everything we've written about the Xivai so far. Also, if Xiisk dies now he'll enter the folklore of the tribe as a hero, and will forever be remembered as the Xivai that sacrificed himself to bring the gift of the Ysugtha to all, which will do a hell of a lot more for gender equality in the long run than pretty much everything we've done so far.
BodhiBloodWave
Posted: Oct 3 2007, 03:22 AM

Zebodi Ambassador

Member No.: 33

Hmmm, we basicly want the same thing it seems Seb, only we differ in whats most important, both of us want the Ys but i see Xiisk as more valuable for the tribe currently then the Ysugtha so i want to save him, you are willing to sacrifice him.(keep in mind that Oathin seems to have changed the Ys somewhat so they might not be as great a boon they were in the past)

And i see nothing wrong about a warrior culture valuing its citizens, there are many paths we can research for our future, the Ysugtha does not have to be in all of them so i am quite willing to accept its loss for now while we focus on other avenues.(while i hope it will survive if only to give an new area of research i don't see the Ys as vital to us currently)

Loosing Xiisk might also be quite damaging to morale(Zaar and Xiraterix mainly) tho likely somewhat the others aswell due to our lowered numbers, aswell as Xiraterix's sanity tongue.gif not sure how he will cope if he is the only male around.

So while the Ys would be sweet to have i'll echo NurJehan's last line "We are also more likely to find more ysugtha later on, we won't find another Xiisk."

I see this as a test by Oathin, and while the Ys might seem like a golden egg(its not gold all that glitters) i think we will benefit more by opting for the 'lesser' of the two choices in the long run(morale, teamwork, equalizing, numbers).

Also we don't know what Oathins future plans for Xiisk might be, it could be that by surviving he will end doing something that will help us more then the Ys
Seb (sjvan0)
Posted: Oct 3 2007, 04:06 AM

Tanaxai Transformer

While there will be a temporary morale hit with Xiisk's death, the tribe would gain something they wouldn't get otherwise: a hero. Specifically, a male hero, someone the men can point to and say "See? We're just as worthy as the women!". Also, if Xiisk dies then Xiraterix would be in a good position to gain a lot of power within the tribe, so long as we develop the social hierarchy. Since he and the Geryon pretty much represent the future of the tribe, what he wants would hold a lot of sway.
BodhiBloodWave
Posted: Oct 3 2007, 04:22 AM

Zebodi Ambassador

Just how would he become a hero, by having gotten infected and killed by a parasiteish thing(that nolonger adopts its hosts traits)

And while it might possibly grant him more power, its just as likely that even with the equalizing they'd force him to mate if he refuses(future of the tribe and all that)
MinotaurWarrior
Posted: Oct 3 2007, 04:49 AM

Ryleh

Member No.: 29

A. With only one male, males will suddenly become very important. Also, if Xiisk willingly sacrifices himself for the good of the tribe that will be very good for the males. If he refuses, the females will resent him, and all males. Plus, this is the Xivia we're talking about, while removing the inequality was a good idea because it was getting in the way of the tribe doing anything, people come second to progress, Xivia morals are/should be more like some military dictator's than a woman's rights activist's (in this case a man's rights activist's, but wtvr). we have the Saril for equality.

A 2. finishing this up seems like a good idea
B 10. will lead to better clay-work, which is important since clay is our only building material.
E 6. Finishing this up, will help with all experiments/ domestications
I 6. The vines are probably better than teeth as weapons.
J 2. Those seeds are f***ing awesome!

C 10. We don't want the Maw to get jealous of the Ysgutha, plus having a deity bigger than the entire world on our side sounds like a good plan to me.
E 3. might as well finish it off.

BodhiBloodWave
Posted: Oct 3 2007, 04:50 AM

Zebodi Ambassador

Xiisk dosn't really have a choice on this tho tongue.gif its what the others decide
Gamgee
Posted: Oct 3 2007, 11:42 AM

Co-Founder of the Xiva

How do you want to deal with this situation?
A) Let the Ysugtha growth take over Xiiskís body, setting it in another cave and sacrificing carcasses to it so that it can thrive.

How do you wish to advance technology? (24 Production Points)
A) Change the population conditions one last time to complete the observation experiments. (Science +) [18/20 PP] 2 production points
B) Start applying clay to the crab rock-enclosures, afterwards covering them with mucus-resin to prevent escape by the crabs. (0/10 PP] 7 points
E) Keep living in close proximity with the ecosystemís creatures, allowing them to grow used to our presence. (Growth +) [19/25 PP] 6 points
I) Keep experimenting with the kraklash vines, further incorporating them into the weapons of the tribe. (Military +) [8/10 PP] 2 production points
J) Keep experimenting with the kraklash seeds, observing how fast and how they react to triggers. (Science +) [3/5 PP] 3 points
K) Begin tying strands of Bain together to make resilient string or rope.[0/25 PP] 8 points

How do you wish to further our culture? (13 Culture Points)
C) Keep strengthening the tribeís link to the Great Maw through mysticism. (Religion +) [10/20 CP] 5 culture points
E) Mesh the tribe thoroughly together, finally ending the separation of the sexes. (Culture +) [32/35 CP]
3 culture points
G) Continue sculpting the lumps of clay with our hands and tentacles, making small idols to revere the Great Maw. (Religion +) [2/15 CP] 5 points

Time to put this bull shit aside. I mean it has been so long since we have done anything even remotely resembling the Xiva. It is time to take back our glory, I say let him die so that we may gain this valuable resource. My votes primarily consist of finishing off much of what we started. I do think that rope would be a useful item to have if we attempt anything really. I mean from domestication of local animals even our future Ysgutha would benefit from ropes. So we may as well start now.

Next up are my crab votes, we are close to getting these things domesticated or down the path of true domestication. We may as well start putting up our little walls around them to keep them in.

--------------------
user posted image
BodhiBloodWave
Posted: Oct 3 2007, 03:46 PM

Zebodi Ambassador

Gamgee, With the change in the Ysugtha it might not be as valuable to us anylonger, one of the things that made it so valuable and useful was the fact it absorbed traits from its hosts aswell as that we saw it as a 'demi-god' of sorts.

We currently have a real god(ess) we follow so it might cause conflicts due to some still seeing as a god of sorts, and it nolonger absorbs traits(so we might sacrifice Xiisk for no use due to Oathin using it as a trap like when you wanted closer to the vents and it poisoned our scouts which lead to loosing a generation of offspring).

I am however tempted to change my vote somewhat; the change being to remove the Ysugtha and sacrifice it to the MAW, that might please it
OathinBlood
Posted: Oct 3 2007, 05:21 PM

Street Shark!

Member No.: 1

The Ysugtha have not lost that trait entirely. It's just not as magical as it was before - meaning that you can't put a dead Xivai in a growth of Ysugtha and expect it to grow black exoskeletons and tentacles the next day. Perhaps through several generations it will get a more resilient outer skin, tinged black, but it won't morph into practically another species of Ysugtha instantaneously.

That is, without the help of magic, which DOES exist now. wink.gif

--------------------
user posted image
Gamgee
Posted: Oct 3 2007, 05:32 PM

Co-Founder of the Xiva

No I still see far to much use in it to give it up. If not for its amazing properties it is still highly resistant. We could in the long run make some very nice housing and armor from it combined with other things we know. I do not see it so much as a weapon but something that would be really handy to have none the less. Sort of like.... selofane or whatever the hell it is called. We do not really need it but it is incredibly handy to have. I know that was a bad example but I am so tired it was all I could come up with.

--------------------
user posted image
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (9) « First ... 7 8 [9] 

AFFILIATES
Genesis's Affliates

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0356 seconds · Archive