zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to Genesis. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (8) 1 [2] 3 4 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

The Official Genesis Discussion Topic, Thread 3
Gamgee
Posted: Feb 20 2007, 01:03 PM

Co-Founder of the Xiva

Group: Gamgee
Member No.: 8

Exelent plan, if my brain starts working again Ill add to your war plan. Or possibly find better way but it looks pretty good. So for now Ill go with that.

--------------------
user posted image
We got tactical smart missiles, phase-plasma pulse rifles, RPGs, we got sonic electronic ball breakers! We got nukes, we got knives, sharp sticks... ~ Hudson
Seb (sjvan0)
Posted: Feb 20 2007, 03:21 PM

Tanaxai Transformer

Group: Admin
Member No.: 10

I'm not a big fan of my Reuqata plan, since it would result in heavy losses on the side of the Xivai. Unfortunately I haven't been able to come up with anything better. I started out thinking of doing an inverted pyramid shape, but I don't think it would work too well. If the best the Xivai can come up with right now is a phyrric victory that'll end in a heavy blow to morale, I'm not sure it would be beneficial to take them on. If we can't think of a better plan, then the strategist hero might be better used as an observer of the Vuelan battle, in order to help find a weakness.
Seb (sjvan0)
Posted: Feb 20 2007, 04:14 PM

Tanaxai Transformer

I've just thought of a new plan:

1. Build a massive, square bain net, with a long, thick rope in the centre of one of the sides.
2. Collect many, heavy rocks and boulders. Tie lighter rocks into the sides adjacent to the rope side.
3. Sticking extremely close to the sea-floor, we'll move the net into a relatively open area. Weigh down the side opposite of the side with the rope with the heaviest collected rocks
4. Have the males hold the edge of side with the rope, while the females grab the rope.
5. Using the nymphs as bait, we'll get the Reuqata to dive into the water. Once they start diving, the males and females will pull the rope side, and fold it over towards the weighed-down side, trapping the attacking reuqata inside.

Diagram, with the same legend as before.

Pre-dive
|---------------------------|c
|-------- e-e-e------------|c++++
|-------e-e-e-e-e---------|c------W
|---------e-e-e------------|c++++
----------------------------

Start of diving
|---------e-e-e-----++++|c
|-------e-e-e-e-e-W------|c
|---------e-e-e-----++++|c
----------------------------

Once the Reuqata are in the water.
|-------------------|c
|-------------------|c
|---------rer++++|c
|------ rereW-----|c
|---------rer++++|c
|-------------------|c
|-------------------|c
|-------------------|c
|-------------------|c
---------------------

(Obviously r=Reuqata)
Gamgee
Posted: Feb 20 2007, 04:32 PM

Co-Founder of the Xiva

Interesting it if is possible I vote for that in the requata battle.

--------------------
user posted image
We got tactical smart missiles, phase-plasma pulse rifles, RPGs, we got sonic electronic ball breakers! We got nukes, we got knives, sharp sticks... ~ Hudson
OathinBlood
Posted: Feb 20 2007, 05:54 PM

Street Shark!

Member No.: 1

Brilliant. See Twitch, this is why Seb is a Xivai forefather.

--------------------
user posted image
BodhiBloodWave
Posted: Feb 20 2007, 08:33 PM

Zebodi Ambassador

Group: Members
Member No.: 33

I think i will back Seb's newest plan on the requata battle

On the Vuelan tho i still advice that we limit it to observation only for a bit, see if we can learn its habits, maybe what it feeds on and so on, it would make it a lot easier for us to find a way to kill, dominate or drive it away all depending
Twitchmonkey
Posted: Feb 20 2007, 09:11 PM

wears a spandex leotard with the flag of communist Vietnam on it

Member No.: 2

QUOTE (OathinBlood @ Feb 21 2007, 01:54 AM)
Brilliant. See Twitch, this is why Seb is a Xivai forefather.

Good votes don't make you a forefather, they make you a good voter.He insists he's been with the Xivai consistently for a long time though, and that makes him a forefather.
Seb (sjvan0)
Posted: Feb 21 2007, 08:23 AM

Tanaxai Transformer

QUOTE (BodhiBloodWave @ Feb 21 2007, 04:33 AM)
I think i will back Seb's newest plan on the requata battle

On the Vuelan tho i still advice that we limit it to observation only for a bit, see if we can learn its habits, maybe what it feeds on and so on, it would make it a lot easier for us to find a way to kill, dominate or drive it away all depending

That would probably be the best idea. We can have about 7 of the warriors take up advantageous positions for observation, while the agile leader can swim close to the vuelan to gather as much information about its body as possible. If the vuelan moves to attack the agile leader, the 3 remaining warriors (which would be the fastest, most agile ones) can act kind of like rodeo clowns, distracting the vuelan.
OathinBlood
Posted: Feb 24 2007, 02:37 PM

Street Shark!

Either today or tomorrow guys, sorry.

--------------------
user posted image
Seb (sjvan0)
Posted: Feb 24 2007, 04:22 PM

Tanaxai Transformer

QUOTE (OathinBlood @ Feb 24 2007, 10:37 PM)
Either today or tomorrow guys, sorry.

Oath, what did we tell you about promising updates by *X* time? Just post the updates when you make them.
OathinBlood
Posted: Feb 24 2007, 04:27 PM

Street Shark!

I was going to do that, but I didn't want someone to say 'Oh, Oath is working on Project X, since he always posts there, but never here.'

--------------------
user posted image
OathinBlood
Posted: Feb 25 2007, 08:19 PM

Street Shark!

Oh, I have some great ideas for the Crystalli. I think the priests should double as poet-artists.

--------------------
user posted image
OathinBlood
Posted: Feb 25 2007, 09:37 PM

Street Shark!

-------------------------------------------------------
The Xivai
Once again, the Xivai of Thanatos Fyli were roused into battle. The Y’golonec scarred themselves and let out their pain to the Gor’Telanu in pre-battle rituals, and the Xthollios hewed new obsidian weapons, wickedly sharp and jagged. Two foes were impeding expansion and progress to the outside world, and they would not be ignored. Soon, there were two war parties, ready to swim to their deaths.

Electric impulses travelled through the air, the equivalent of humans muttering words. “Your lives are Gojen. Golem lives in Perjuri Gor’Telanu.”

The first group went out, consisting of the graceful Kanaxai and her group of ten Y’golonec. As soon as they emerged into the sunlight-dappled waters of the open ocean, they felt a huge electrical pulse charging right at them.

“Dive!”, mind-communicated the lead Kanaxai. Following her lead, her platoon dived vertically down, and just nearly avoided the massive Vuelan that was hunting them. Seeing the Vuelan’s exposed underbelly, the Kanaxai threw a Banile Hejusk’h, only to see it clatter off the bone-scales harmlessly. Suddenly, the group became afraid…unshielded by the rocks of the labyrinth entrance, they could see everything for miles around…there were at least fifty Vuelan hunting in the pelagic realm. That was a hundred tons of impenetrable fish more than able to tear apart even the strongest Xiva. Suddenly, to their left – a gaping maw, rimmed with jagged bone teeth….

Three Y’golonec instinctively dived, and avoided the young Vuelan which had swallowed the rest…knowing that if they returned to the labyrinth, that the Maculoet Essum would have them sacrificed, they stabbed themselves in the neck, their crimson blood clouding the water and drawing more Vuelan.

Meanwhile, the male Velitentacia and thick-skeletoned Cerberos led their twenty-Xiva war party into the large tidal pool, where the water was thick with rot and where death came from above. They had brought with them a massive Banile Hester weighted down with rocks, and twelve imperfect nymphs as fodder for the Reuqata.

The Xivai swum in low, to the ground, their faces skimming the rotting carcasses of the large fish – fish who’s bodies would prove to be invaluable resources, once the Xivai managed to secure the area. Setting up the trap, they laid out the Hester, lining up the lesser males to the right side, and having the heavily-armoured Xivai gripping on to a thick Banile rope attached to the other side. The white, slightly-transparent Xivai nymphs were put in the middle…and they waited.

Soon enough, the nervous systems of the ray-birds were sensed, and they dived, hungrily eyeing the weak-looking Xivai nymphs. The first one entered, followed milliseconds after by another two. The armoured Xivai pulled, and the net fell over, trapping the three Reuqata in with the nymphs. The Y’golonec and males swum in, stabbing and thrusting in a bloody frenzy, itching to take the lives of those who took their own. The trapped Reuqata quickly fell…in addition to the bloodlust of the Xivai warriors swarming them, they were not built to stay underwater for more than a couple seconds, and they drowned as they bled from numerous jagged gaps in their flesh. Nearly as soon as it started, it was over…the Xivai had won.

Sure, the Reuqata had not gone extinct, but now they would hesitate to attack the Xivai, their instinctual minds remembering vaguely that this particular species of fish was dangerous.

Back in the western waters, the Y’golonec that had been swallowed still clung on to threads of life. The Vuelan that had taken them was larger than the rest, and it’s mouth was more than large enough for the Xivai to dodge the clamping jaws…this was a fatal mistake. The Xivai Y’golonec, still armed, were possessed by a frenzy of bloodlust, overtaken in fear, driven mad by the spirit of the Gor’Telanu. The Vuelan’s mouth was torn by Obelisk daggers and weapons, and it vainly tried to spit them back out. In minutes, the Xivai were in it’s stomach, and their, they were able to inflict even greater damage before the acid killed them. In their stabbing frenzy, they noticed the half-digested content of the stomach…it seemed like the sharks were eating some kind of flat-fish…sand-coloured…of course! The only place for prey to hide in the barren underwater desert was in the sand itself! The prey must be an offshoot of the Suopo and Nuopo fish that were so much a part of the early Atlantean life.

The acid-burned Xivai dragged the Vuelan corpse with them back to the colony. Reuqata and Vuelan carcasses would provide food and building material for the following months. The sudden influx of dead predators would supercharge the use of carcasses in technology for the next age…

The Age of Flesh and Bone.

What would we do with the 1 Vuelan corpse and 2 Reuqata corpses?
Too tired to add options, you decide.

--------------------
user posted image
Twitchmonkey
Posted: Feb 26 2007, 12:57 AM

wears a spandex leotard with the flag of communist Vietnam on it

Member No.: 2

I say we should use obsidian to cut the vuelan carcass into armor plates. Not sure what useful things the reuqata has.
Seb (sjvan0)
Posted: Feb 26 2007, 02:06 AM

Tanaxai Transformer

We could try using the Reuqata's beaks as harpoon tips.
MinotaurWarrior
Posted: Feb 26 2007, 09:16 AM

Ryleh

Member No.: 29

Use it's scales as shields, some of it's ribs as a cage keeping the Requeta out (perhaps we could add Ysthuga flesh to the cage?), It's stomach acid should be stored for later use if possible, use any small enough bones as spear shafts, perhaps make a building out of it's skull.
Gamgee
Posted: Feb 26 2007, 12:58 PM

Co-Founder of the Xiva

Predators by evolution have the means to combat themeslves. I say we take the vouleans own teeth and make a set of spears out of them. This set of spears will be dedicated to the hunters of the Voulean. In time it can become a standard replacment (once we get more)

--------------------
user posted image
MinotaurWarrior
Posted: Feb 26 2007, 01:40 PM

Ryleh

Member No.: 29

The problem with that lies in the shape of teeth, and The size of the voulean. If we could stand (though of course, Xivia don't stand) inside the Voulean's mouth, then that means that each tooth plus it's root is probably about 1 and 1/2 xivia's tall. and maybe 1/4 of a Xivia wide. It would be very difficult to use the teeth as a spear, in fact now that I think of it, there probably would be no bone in the Vouleans skeleton small enough to be used as a spear, unless we somehow broke the bones into smaller peices.
Nox
Posted: Feb 26 2007, 02:21 PM

He always seemed like such a nice kid.....

Member No.: 16

QUOTE (MinotaurWarrior @ Feb 26 2007, 01:40 PM)
The problem with that lies in the shape of teeth, and The size of the voulean. If we could stand (though of course, Xivia don't stand) inside the Voulean's mouth, then that means that each tooth plus it's root is probably about 1 and 1/2 xivia's tall. and maybe 1/4 of a Xivia wide. It would be very difficult to use the teeth as a spear, in fact now that I think of it, there probably would be no bone in the Vouleans skeleton small enough to be used as a spear, unless we somehow broke the bones into smaller peices.

The beginnings of Xivai ballistic missles, then? ohmy.gif

--------------------
Taegril Avarial on the Elder Scrolls Forums
We Love Callie!
Bring back the assassins' RP >:(

The Moldy Olive <-- still in early development, but it's coming along
Gamgee
Posted: Feb 26 2007, 02:27 PM

Co-Founder of the Xiva

Or the beggining of there seige weapons. Well lets take the concept of the spear and change it lets combine it with a ram.

The vouleans teeth we only need a few judgind by there size and we combine them to make a huge ram. We use other bones or materials to link these and to make a ram.

We send in initial skirmishers to tie up said voulean and then when it is distracted or gets one of our men we charge it with this giant seige ram the teeth due to the momentum of many Xivai and there sheer size and sharpness would puncture into the voulean at multiple angle and cause it much pain.

--------------------
user posted image
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Register for Free

Topic OptionsPages: (8) 1 [2] 3 4 ... Last »

AFFILIATES
Genesis's Affliates

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0423 seconds · Archive