zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to Genesis. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (8) « First ... 6 7 [8]  ( Go to first unread post )

The Official Genesis Discussion Topic, Thread 3
Gamgee
Posted: Mar 26 2007, 03:53 PM

Co-Founder of the Xiva

Group: Gamgee
Member No.: 8

Leaves room for to much revolt what with everyone being loyal to a queen.... unless they were lesser queens... driven by the will of the main one and then divided up into many smaller mini queens. These mini queens generally function like a normal one except through an unkown way as of yet they are linked to the true queen who can not be over ruled. The best of both worlds methinks.

--------------------
user posted image
We got tactical smart missiles, phase-plasma pulse rifles, RPGs, we got sonic electronic ball breakers! We got nukes, we got knives, sharp sticks... ~ Hudson
MinotaurWarrior
Posted: Mar 26 2007, 08:21 PM

Ryleh

Group: Members
Member No.: 29

QUOTE (Gamgee @ Mar 26 2007, 12:12 PM)
That would require re writing our very genetic data. Last time I checked we can't do that. Also we are female dominant you should be asking if they brought a male along *shakes fist at the ammount of innaccurate info*

1. If your saying that there can only be one queen...... then I may just leave this game, seriously that is the most retarded thing I've ever heard, we cannot expand our civilization? One tribe dies, the whole species dies? WTF? Also, why, biologically can only one queen be created? is there only enough pheremone for one? If so, how does the Geryon aim the phermone? Does she say "Oh, I'm having a heart attack, better position my self just right"? BTW, we really need a biology page, or perhaps a little section in each update so that any new members can get a good feel about the way the Xivia work

2. I was thinking that perhaps we would of only sent males because if they die exploring then who cares, a female and we've lost one of the superior gender. Sort of like sending out waves of slaves into the unknown, no actual lives are lost in the eyes of the people.
Twitchmonkey
Posted: Mar 27 2007, 11:29 AM

wears a spandex leotard with the flag of communist Vietnam on it

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

The Geryon is sort of like the US president. There are many states, but they're all run by one president. If that president dies, another goes in its place. Not all xiva tribes use this sort of hierarchy (the Veznisk for instance) but we do. Or at least we have been.
Gamgee
Posted: Mar 27 2007, 11:59 AM

Co-Founder of the Xiva

its a for now thing in time things will change. For now live with it, Do you think we would honestly stay that limited forever? Come on Mino your talking about the guys who have thus far made the ultimate killing machine.

--------------------
user posted image
We got tactical smart missiles, phase-plasma pulse rifles, RPGs, we got sonic electronic ball breakers! We got nukes, we got knives, sharp sticks... ~ Hudson
Twitchmonkey
Posted: Mar 27 2007, 12:39 PM

Now that we're past the creature stage, it's going to take some biotech or a gift from the Gor Telanu to change it I think. So we should either get implanting or sacrificing.
MinotaurWarrior
Posted: Mar 27 2007, 09:17 PM

Ryleh

Member No.: 29

QUOTE (Twitchmonkey @ Mar 27 2007, 11:29 AM)
The Geryon is sort of like the US president. There are many states, but they're all run by one president. If that president dies, another goes in its place. Not all xiva tribes use this sort of hierarchy (the Veznisk for instance) but we do. Or at least we have been.

I was talking about the capability to breed, not the political part of the Geryonship.
Twitchmonkey
Posted: Mar 28 2007, 12:37 PM

QUOTE (MinotaurWarrior @ Mar 28 2007, 05:17 AM)
I was talking about the capability to breed, not the political part of the Geryonship.

Effectively, it's the same thing. The Geryon's main role is to be our leader and there can only be one leader. If that Geryon dies, our breeding slows for a while, but soon enough we continue with an equally high rate of births with the new Geryon.
OathinBlood
Posted: Mar 31 2007, 09:01 AM

Street Shark!

Member No.: 1

Yes, the Geryon is like the Imperium's god-king in 40K, if any of you get that. There's only one at a time for each Xivai 'country/tribe/civilization'.

Again, sorry, it's the weekend right now, I'll try to get an update off.

--------------------
user posted image
OathinBlood
Posted: Apr 2 2007, 03:27 PM

Street Shark!

Just letting you know I'm not dead. I've been in a little bit of a funk lately, not feeling so good. Sorry for the wait guys, I haven't forgotten Genesis.

--------------------
user posted image
Twitchmonkey
Posted: Apr 2 2007, 08:21 PM

Again, Oath, don't need to post when you aren't adding something to the discussion or updating. We'll still keep checking back whether it takes weeks or months.
OathinBlood
Posted: Apr 8 2007, 08:25 PM

Street Shark!

Alright, I'd like to try something with Genesis. Ever since we hit tribal I've been finding it hard to update, both because of my schedule and because I didn't feel the drive or urge to do it. I know I'm more comfortable with the creature stage, so I'd like to see if I could start a new 'game', just temporary (unless you guys don't want me to stop), to see if my interest is roused in that one. I'm not killing off the Xivai or Crystalli or anything, I just want to try writing a new game. What do you guys think? And I won't be on the computer on weekdays until May, while we're at it.

--------------------
user posted image
Gamgee
Posted: Apr 8 2007, 11:58 PM

Co-Founder of the Xiva

I see no point really... just spreads you even thinner than you already are and your already so dam thin.... I cant really think of anything,,, but your thin know that!!!

Not trying to be mean or anything but you know how none of the other side projects got anywhere. I also have not seen you make any post at arcanta in a long time. Please we need one of those to know where your guy is and what he is doing.

--------------------
user posted image
OathinBlood
Posted: Apr 9 2007, 12:14 AM

Street Shark!

It's not that I'm spread thin, it's just that I'm not inspired to do any of the things I'm supposed to. Before, I'd look forward to it, but now it seems like a task.

--------------------
user posted image
Twitchmonkey
Posted: Apr 9 2007, 12:28 AM

It seems sad to kill off the xivai before they're at the stage where they can really implement their biotech, but I'd rather that happen than see you try to do both. Once this other creature starts, you're either going to update the current game very rarely, never allowing it to gain momentum, or not updating it until the other game ends, effectively killing it.

If you really think going back to the beginning will re-ignite your enjoyment of this game though, I say we do it. I think in the past months, your lack of enjoyment in doing this has come across in the lack of compelling challenges or breakthroughs, and it really hasn't been fun for anyone. If it really can be like it was, and I'm not convinced of that, perhaps it is worth killing off a creature as awesome as the xivai.
Nox
Posted: Apr 9 2007, 03:20 AM

He always seemed like such a nice kid.....

Member No.: 16

Good -- I liked the creature stage better as well, and I've actually been thinking about different creature ideas. smile.gif

So we're starting completely over?

--------------------
Taegril Avarial on the Elder Scrolls Forums
We Love Callie!
Bring back the assassins' RP >:(

The Moldy Olive <-- still in early development, but it's coming along
OathinBlood
Posted: Apr 9 2007, 10:38 AM

Street Shark!

It's just an experiment to see if my creative mind is blocked in general, or just sticks to the creature stage. I'll start today with an update later, I already have so many ideas...

--------------------
user posted image
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (8) « First ... 6 7 [8] 

AFFILIATES
Genesis's Affliates

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0421 seconds · Archive