Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Genesis. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (8) [1] 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

The Official Genesis Discussion Topic, Thread 3
OathinBlood
Posted: Feb 18 2007, 09:48 PM

Street Shark!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

-------------------------------------------------------
The Xivai
Having ventured beyond the dark heart of their territory, the Xivai quickly discovered that by isolating themselves deep in the Obsidian Catacombs, they had come out unprepared to face the ravenous predators that had evolved in their absence. Despite the gruesome deaths dealt by the Vuelan’s crushing jaws and the exoskeleton-breaking falls distributed by the Reuqata, the Xivai didn’t back down. Pushed on fiercely fanatic Xthollios, the Xivai warriors gathered into the Ysugtha-Halow Scarlutem, the chamber that housed the ancient growths of terror. There would be two teams of Xivai going out – one to face the two-ton sharks known as the Vuelan, and the other to face the flying rays that were the Reuqata. The Xivai were going to war, not against other sapient creatures, but against nature.
Xivai heroes and warriors are listed below – due to their nameless nature, they will be briefly described instead. For each ‘leader’ you chose to go on a mission, you may choose another 10 warriors (Xivai nymphs are free.)Keep in mind, any ‘leaders’ you put out there are in danger of having their lives lost. Vote to issue them to the various battles.

A thin, skeletal Orthos. She has a large cluster of Mias on her neck, making her barbed horn and tail spikes potently venomous. She is armed with several Banile Hejusk’h.
A) Send to combat the Vuelan.
B) Send to combat the Reuqata.
C) Do not send.

A massive female Y’golonac, whose body is lined with Obelisk Tertum implants. She was born in the body of a former Geryon, giving her well-respected status among the Xivai. Her loss would be devastating to the morale of those around her, but she is a more than deadly force in battle. She is armed with a large Banile Hester and a wickedly sharp Obelisk Tertum.
C) Do not send.

An old Cerberos whose exoskeleton is further thickened by months worth of hardened mucus. She has even lost the ability to implant more Obelisk Tertum, since they can’t penetrate her natural armour. She is armed with a Banile Hester and Obelisk Tertum.
C) Do not send.

A graceful Kanaxai who is more than adept at doing aquatic manoeuvres few else could accomplish successfully. She is armed with several Banile Hejusk’h and long, narrow Obelisk Tertum.
C) Do not send.

A small male Velitentacia who is well respected for his ideas and strategies. He has been a major force among the Xivai so far, and would do well to instruct stronger, female Y’golonec in battles, but he himself is rather fragile – for a Xivai, that is. He is armed with a Obelisk Tertum.
C) Do not send.

59 proficient Y’golonec, all of whom have gone through Dedestu Telanu.

21 male fodder, who although not completely useless, are not proficient enough to be considered a Y’golonac.

11 imperfect Xivai nymphs, who, if not taken, would be consumed.

--------------------
user posted image
Calchexas
Posted: Feb 18 2007, 11:37 PM

Crystalli

Group: Members
Member No.: 24

I hope I am doing this right... And oathy which of these are the more deadly of the two? I am going out of instinct here but I think the Vuelan are...

Xivai heroes and warriors are listed below – due to their nameless nature, they will be briefly described instead. For each ‘leader’ you chose to go on a mission, you may choose another 10 warriors (Xivai nymphs are free.)Keep in mind, any ‘leaders’ you put out there are in danger of having their lives lost. Vote to issue them to the various battles.

A thin, skeletal Orthos. She has a large cluster of Mias on her neck, making her barbed horn and tail spikes potently venomous. She is armed with several Banile Hejusk’h.
B) Send to combat the Reuqata. Five Y’golonec to act as personal bodyguards and to stay within realitive range of her. The other five as fodder to act as scouts to forge ahead and then... well fodder...

A massive female Y’golonac, whose body is lined with Obelisk Tertum implants. She was born in the body of a former Geryon, giving her well-respected status among the Xivai. Her loss would be devastating to the morale of those around her, but she is a more than deadly force in battle. She is armed with a large Banile Hester and a wickedly sharp Obelisk Tertum.
A) Send to combat the Vuelan. As more of a field commander of the troops with ten of your Y’golonec...

An old Cerberos whose exoskeleton is further thickened by months worth of hardened mucus. She has even lost the ability to implant more Obelisk Tertum, since they can’t penetrate her natural armour. She is armed with a Banile Hester and Obelisk Tertum.
B) Send to combat the Reuqata. Once again field command of the troops leading the forces headlong into battle... Ten Y’golonec...

A graceful Kanaxai who is more than adept at doing aquatic manoeuvres few else could accomplish successfully. She is armed with several Banile Hejusk’h and long, narrow Obelisk Tertum.
B) Send to combat the Reuqata. Half Y’golonec and half of the male fodder to draw attention away from the main forces and do manoeuvres to distract the enemy and such...

A small male Velitentacia who is well respected for his ideas and strategies. He has been a major force among the Xivai so far, and would do well to instruct stronger, female Y’golonec in battles, but he himself is rather fragile – for a Xivai, that is. He is armed with a Obelisk Tertum.
A) Send to combat the Vuelan. With ten of the Y’golonec and all of the nymphs to act as his guard just in case, as overall leader of that battle to command the commanders...

21 male fodder, who although not completely useless, are not proficient enough to be considered a Y’golonac.

Seb (sjvan0)
Posted: Feb 19 2007, 02:42 AM

Tanaxai Transformer

Member No.: 10

The Xivai

C) Do not send. - The reuqata are too hard to hit to make using this one worthwhile, and the vuelan's armour is too thick for her horn, tail, and teeth to penetrate.

C) Do not send. Her size would make her an easy target for the Reuqata while her lack of agility would just get her killed by the Vuelan. Basically, her abilities don't suit the current battles, so we shouldn't waste her.

B) Send to combat the Reuqata. Quite simply, her armour is too thick for the Reuqata to penetrate

-4 Y’golonec, 6 males, and 4 nymphs. Quite simply, we need maximum numbers in the Reuqata battle. The more fodder we have, the less likely they are to hit our better warriors. Also, a Reuqata shouldn't take much to go down, which means that just about any Xivai could kill one, given the chance.

A) Send to combat the Vuelan. Compared to the way in which the Reuqata strike, even the most agile Xivai is sluggish. Therefore we should make use of her agility against the Vuelan.

-10 Y’golonec. So long as we continously out-maneuvre the Vuelan, we shouldn't need too many troops. We just need raw power, an having too many troops around would mean they would get in each other's way.

B) Send to combat the Reuqata. The Reuqata will require the best crowd-management to insure that the warriors don't become confused and divided in battle.

-4 Y’golonec, 6 males, 7 nymphs. Basically, due to his weaker armour, he'll need more Xivai around him to reduce his chances of being hit.

Calchexas
Posted: Feb 19 2007, 09:30 AM

Crystalli

I knew it... Change my vote to what seb said...
MinotaurWarrior
Posted: Feb 19 2007, 10:44 AM

Ryleh

Member No.: 29

What seb said, his logic is good.
Gamgee
Posted: Feb 19 2007, 12:43 PM

Co-Founder of the Xiva

Group: Gamgee
Member No.: 8

Yes what seb said his logic is good.

--------------------
user posted image
We got tactical smart missiles, phase-plasma pulse rifles, RPGs, we got sonic electronic ball breakers! We got nukes, we got knives, sharp sticks... ~ Hudson
OathinBlood
Posted: Feb 19 2007, 05:51 PM

Street Shark!

Thanks Callie, for voting for the Xivai. Sorry I didn't update the Crystalli, but I didn't want two races being updated on similar subjects at once, it'd get too confusing. I want to finish the Xivai transition votes, then I'll do the Crystalli ones.

--------------------
user posted image
Calchexas
Posted: Feb 19 2007, 05:54 PM

Crystalli

I don't mind at all... At least you are showing activity mya?
Nox
Posted: Feb 19 2007, 06:12 PM

He always seemed like such a nice kid.....

Member No.: 16

QUOTE (OathinBlood @ Feb 19 2007, 05:51 PM)
Thanks Callie, for voting for the Xivai. Sorry I didn't update the Crystalli, but I didn't want two races being updated on similar subjects at once, it'd get too confusing. I want to finish the Xivai transition votes, then I'll do the Crystalli ones.

Cool. Quality updates that take time are always better than filler ones. smile.gif

--------------------
Taegril Avarial on the Elder Scrolls Forums
We Love Callie!
Bring back the assassins' RP >:(

The Moldy Olive <-- still in early development, but it's coming along
Twitchmonkey
Posted: Feb 19 2007, 08:13 PM

wears a spandex leotard with the flag of communist Vietnam on it

Member No.: 2

Well, I guess Seb's votes win then. Personally I'd rather take them on one at a time, but this could be a potentially fatal mistake if the unattended to species decided to go on the offensive.

Edit: I also hope we don't need all of our heroes. He's voting to retain 2 of them, which is a fairly decent percentage considering the relatively small amount of heroes we have.
BodhiBloodWave
Posted: Feb 19 2007, 09:00 PM

Zebodi Ambassador

Member No.: 33

I guess i will back Sebs plan on this as its the only one to choose from, i waited with voting to see if there would be any other plans to choose between,

only thing i'd advice on Sebs plan was for the male strategist to stay a bit below the rest of them thus having his warriors between him and the enemy. He afterall is not a fighter thus should not be on the direct front lines
Twitchmonkey
Posted: Feb 19 2007, 09:08 PM

QUOTE (BodhiBloodWave @ Feb 20 2007, 05:00 AM)
I guess i will back Sebs plan on this as its the only one to choose from, i waited with voting to see if there would be any other plans to choose between,

only thing i'd advice on Sebs plan was for the male strategist to stay a bit below the rest of them thus having his warriors between him and the enemy. He afterall is not a fighter thus should not be on the direct front lines

If there is one thing the Xivai know, it's war, I'm sure they can handle the technical details autonomously.
OathinBlood
Posted: Feb 19 2007, 09:20 PM

Street Shark!

Wrong there, Twitch. Seb, Bodhi, Gamgee, Twitch, get your strategies into posts, or I'll make one for you (don't count on me being creative.)

--------------------
user posted image
Twitchmonkey
Posted: Feb 19 2007, 09:22 PM

QUOTE (OathinBlood @ Feb 20 2007, 05:20 AM)
Wrong there, Twitch. Seb, Bodhi, Gamgee, Twitch, get your strategies into posts, or I'll make one for you (don't count on me being creative.)

Lame. I'll vote for Seb's strategy unless it sucks, which seems unlikely due to the amount of thought that he put into the warrior choices.
BodhiBloodWave
Posted: Feb 19 2007, 09:24 PM

Zebodi Ambassador

its rather hard for us to make strategies Oathin due to a minimal amount of information on our enemies, the area, what tactics we have regulary used fighting other Xivai. Basicly, there is not enough information to base battleplans on in my eyes.
OathinBlood
Posted: Feb 19 2007, 09:53 PM

Street Shark!

My bad, I'll do a mini update first.

--------------------
user posted image
OathinBlood
Posted: Feb 19 2007, 09:54 PM

Street Shark!

But what's the Xivai's basic strategy? Their goal? Kill the Vuelan, lead them away, get inside them and shred them up?

--------------------
user posted image
BodhiBloodWave
Posted: Feb 19 2007, 10:10 PM

Zebodi Ambassador

I'll admit that i had not expected the new parties heading out to be war parties but thems the breaks, i was honestly thinking the parties we voted to send out would be more scouts/explorers to observe our enemies a lot more carefully now that we know about them(to try and find weaknesses or something to use against them) or simply check areas we had not yet investigated

I've never been a good tactician without enough knowledge to base calculations on so i'll leave any plans aside from exploration and observing to others for now
Twitchmonkey
Posted: Feb 19 2007, 11:05 PM

There is really no reason I can think of for leading the Vuelan away. There would be if they could fit in the catacombs and we could force them unto our turf, but they can't. What do you mean get inside them and shred? I don't think a xiva could infiltrate the Vuelan cap as a spy and not get noticed, and I'd rather not include getting ingested by them as a war plan. All that leaves is kill them, which I think is the whole point of this. It's pretty much the same with the Reugata.
Seb (sjvan0)
Posted: Feb 20 2007, 05:42 AM

Tanaxai Transformer

Member No.: 10

With the Vuelan, our main objective is to out maneuvre it until we can find a weakness, and then strike. For that we'll need our fastest, most agile warriors.

As for the Reuqata, we'll have a formation of two layers of 4x4. in the top layer we'll have the 11 nymphs, with 5 males, and in the second layer we'll have 7 males, 8 femals, and the thickly armoured leader female, with the male leader beneath the thickly armoured female. As the Reuqata make their initial dive, the nymphs and males at the top will take down as many as possible, with the second layer attacking with obsidian harpoons between the gaps of the first layer. As the ones in the top layer begin to fall, the fighters directly beneath the fallen will hold the bodies with their tentacles, using them as shields, as they move into the upper layer and continue attacking the reuqata whenever they dive.

Layer 1 (e=nymphs, c=males)

e c e e
e e c e
c e e e
e c e c

Layer 2: (+=females, W=armoured leader)
c + c +
c c W c
+ + c +
c + c +

Anyone have any comments, suggestions, or questions?
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.

Topic OptionsPages: (8) [1] 2 3 ... Last »

AFFILIATES
Genesis's Affliates

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0363 seconds · Archive