Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Genesis. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) 1 [2]  ( Go to first unread post )

Really Good Stuff..., ..that you've played/read/seen recently.
Twitchmonkey
Posted: Jan 6 2007, 11:40 PM

wears a spandex leotard with the flag of communist Vietnam on it

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

QUOTE (OathinBlood @ Jan 7 2007, 04:06 AM)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alice_%281988_film%29

That?

Yeah. Came out a little later than I thought. Friggin greatness. I saw the dubbed English version as well, Uzed.
Seb (sjvan0)
Posted: Jan 7 2007, 11:18 AM

Tanaxai Transformer

Member No.: 10

I recently got the Hitman Collection, and I have to say that Contracts is definately a great game. The targets are generally more evil and less target-ish (for example, the first target in Hitman 2 was a mafia don, someone you can definately picture being a target of a hitman, while one mission in Contracts sees you take out two terrorists taking place in a dirty-bomb trade, which seems more like a job for the CIA than a hitman) than in previous games, but the settings are awsome (including a slaughterhouse-cum-nightclub (a guy in the meat-trade is holding a party), an english mansion, and a biker club), and there's more ways to complete missions than ever. It's also actually possible to finish almost every mission without firing a shot, which was literally impossible in some of the missions in HM1 and 2.
Seb (sjvan0)
Posted: Mar 3 2007, 02:32 PM

Tanaxai Transformer

I've recently been revisiting an old classic: System Shock 2. It strikes me just how effectively the developers make you feel so completely, utterly alone, and how well the story is told. Through the crew's logs, the horrifying history of the Von Braun unfolds. From the initial constant technical difficulties of the ship, to the discovery of life on Tau Ceti V, to the seduction towards the unity of The Many and increasing insanity of the captain and various crew members (I remember being utterly horrified when I read the logs regarding the Cyborg Motherwives), to the civil war between the seduced, the other crew, the security forces, and the soldiers of the Rickenbacker, and finally the desperate surivival of the crew as they struggle to fight back against the forces of The Many. Back to the sense of loneliness they create so well, its mainly done through giving the player the hope of meeting other survivors (even having them communicate with you through email), only to snatch them away from you just before you can reach them.
OathinBlood
Posted: Mar 3 2007, 10:18 PM

Street Shark!

Member No.: 1

I haven't played it, but looking into buying it on eBay, I saw that it's $50 average. Pricey thing.

--------------------
user posted image
Seb (sjvan0)
Posted: Mar 4 2007, 02:10 AM

Tanaxai Transformer

QUOTE (OathinBlood @ Mar 4 2007, 06:18 AM)
I haven't played it, but looking into buying it on eBay, I saw that it's $50 average. Pricey thing.

$50 US? I picked it up for $10 AU from a bargain bin in Electronics Boutique about 2 1/2 years ago.
smurfslayer
Posted: Mar 4 2007, 06:31 AM

I has a Wii!!!!!

Group: Members
Member No.: 4

I just got Civ4 the other day and I can't stop playing it! I'm hopelessly addicted.

Just one more turn......

--------------------
QUOTE (OathinBlood @ Nov 14 2006, 09:20 PM)
Smurf, the short blue peacemaker of us all.
Gamgee
Posted: Mar 4 2007, 10:07 AM

Co-Founder of the Xiva

Group: Gamgee
Member No.: 8

Aye lad ye be addicted. Im waiting for more of you to get the game so I can host a game with all of you!!!!

--------------------
user posted image
We got tactical smart missiles, phase-plasma pulse rifles, RPGs, we got sonic electronic ball breakers! We got nukes, we got knives, sharp sticks... ~ Hudson
Seb (sjvan0)
Posted: Mar 4 2007, 10:18 AM

Tanaxai Transformer

Well, if you happen to have Civ 3: Play the world.....
Gamgee
Posted: Mar 4 2007, 11:14 AM

Co-Founder of the Xiva

I have 4 and its expansion. I need you people to get the expansion (those who have civ 4) so that we can play *shakes fist*

--------------------
user posted image
We got tactical smart missiles, phase-plasma pulse rifles, RPGs, we got sonic electronic ball breakers! We got nukes, we got knives, sharp sticks... ~ Hudson
MinotaurWarrior
Posted: Mar 4 2007, 11:39 AM

Ryleh

Member No.: 29

Well, I have Civ4, but not the expansion. Is it really worth the buy?
Gamgee
Posted: Mar 4 2007, 01:57 PM

Co-Founder of the Xiva

I think it is. It probably even went down in price. It adds alot of ways to win. Also alot of ways to forge alliances and stuff. I like it, not to mention some additions and changes adds lots of new stratagies.

--------------------
user posted image
smurfslayer
Posted: Mar 4 2007, 02:36 PM

I has a Wii!!!!!

Member No.: 4

I don't have the $$ for the expansion right now. I'm content playing single player for now anyway. Multiplayer does look like a lot of fun though.

--------------------
QUOTE (OathinBlood @ Nov 14 2006, 09:20 PM)
Smurf, the short blue peacemaker of us all.
OathinBlood
Posted: Mar 4 2007, 03:17 PM

Street Shark!

I have Civ4, but I'm definitely not addicted. It's a solid game, but the endless turns of waiting for my technology to develop just turned me off.

--------------------
user posted image
Seb (sjvan0)
Posted: Mar 4 2007, 04:13 PM

Tanaxai Transformer

When I first played Civ 3, I was more addicted to it than to any other game I had played before, save for one: Pokemon Red. I got it, along with a gameboy colour, for Christmas in '99. I would lie in bed at night, playing it until 1 AM (and this was when I was 10, mind you), and this lasted for around 3 weeks. Towards the end I was hearing the music even when I wasn't playing it.
Gamgee
Posted: Mar 4 2007, 04:20 PM

Co-Founder of the Xiva

Aye indeed I remember those long nights filled with pokemon adventures. They were long nights indeed and many a battery died for my enjoyment.

--------------------
user posted image
Seb (sjvan0)
Posted: Mar 4 2007, 04:21 PM

Tanaxai Transformer

QUOTE (Gamgee @ Mar 5 2007, 12:20 AM)
Aye indeed I remember those long nights filled with pokemon adventures. They were long nights indeed and many a battery died for my enjoyment.

Pfft, who needs batteries? I had an AC adaptor biggrin.gif.
Gamgee
Posted: Mar 4 2007, 04:58 PM

Co-Founder of the Xiva

Alas I did not... those poor batteries... there lives will never be forgotten.

--------------------
user posted image
OathinBlood
Posted: Mar 4 2007, 06:35 PM

Street Shark!

Pokemon was a good 'un, but my most addictive game was probably Dragon Warrior Monsters...3...I think. For the Gameboy Colour...oh, those endless months of delicately experimenting to get pureblood Boss monsters...breeding monsters is probably the best idea ever to come to a game.

--------------------
user posted image
MinotaurWarrior
Posted: Mar 4 2007, 08:00 PM

Ryleh

Member No.: 29

QUOTE (OathinBlood @ Mar 4 2007, 06:35 PM)
Pokemon was a good 'un, but my most addictive game was probably Dragon Warrior Monsters...3...I think. For the Gameboy Colour...oh, those endless months of delicately experimenting to get pureblood Boss monsters...breeding monsters is probably the best idea ever to come to a game.

They had that it pokemon too (though, not in the original games). Pokemon was definitely my biggest addictive game, though if I stopped playing KoTOR for a while, I used to start twitching, and I actually spent an entire day playing the sims 2 when I first got it.
Seb (sjvan0)
Posted: Mar 5 2007, 03:43 AM

Tanaxai Transformer

You know how sometimes when you find a new song you really like, you listen to it over and over without getting tired of it? Well right now that song for me is the theme music of Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind. Between 1:24 and 4:00 its a brilliant song, particularly from 2:30 to 4:00.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 [2] 

AFFILIATES
Genesis's Affliates

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0586 seconds · Archive