zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to Genesis. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Well, Tomorrow's The Big Day., Moving across the world.
Seb (sjvan0)
Posted: Dec 17 2006, 01:43 AM

Tanaxai Transformer

Group: Admin
Member No.: 10

As some of you might know, I'm moving from Cairns, Australia to London, England. Well, tomorrow I get on a plane bound for Holland, via Japan. We'll be spending Christmas there (Holland, not Japan, obviously tongue.gif) with our relatives, and then on January 4th, it's off to England via train. I'm feeling pretty nervous right now, since I'll be leaving my friends, brother, and pet cat for two years to go live in a place I've never been to. I'm also excited, though.
Nox
Posted: Dec 17 2006, 07:03 AM

He always seemed like such a nice kid.....

Group: Members
Member No.: 16

talk about a climate change..... blink.gif

Just take a pound or two of chocolate for the plane trips. Good luck on your life in London!

wink.gif

--------------------
Taegril Avarial on the Elder Scrolls Forums
We Love Callie!
Bring back the assassins' RP >:(

The Moldy Olive <-- still in early development, but it's coming along
smurfslayer
Posted: Dec 17 2006, 08:58 AM

I has a Wii!!!!!

Member No.: 4

Wow, I've never even left the US...

--------------------
QUOTE (OathinBlood @ Nov 14 2006, 09:20 PM)
Smurf, the short blue peacemaker of us all.
Calchexas
Posted: Dec 17 2006, 09:30 AM

Crystalli

Member No.: 24

Good luck with that. The furthest I have ever been from my small town is Cancun mexico...
smurfslayer
Posted: Dec 17 2006, 10:03 AM

I has a Wii!!!!!

Member No.: 4

Oh wait I guess I did leave the US, I went over the border to Canada for a day.

--------------------
QUOTE (OathinBlood @ Nov 14 2006, 09:20 PM)
Smurf, the short blue peacemaker of us all.
OathinBlood
Posted: Dec 17 2006, 02:43 PM

Street Shark!

Member No.: 1

Wow, the furthest I've been from home is Seattle.

--------------------
user posted image
imperialavenger
Posted: Dec 17 2006, 05:18 PM

The Dawg

Member No.: 20

If your moving to Britain bring a toothbrush.

--------------------
Suck on it then vote on the update
Twitchmonkey
Posted: Dec 17 2006, 10:48 PM

wears a spandex leotard with the flag of communist Vietnam on it

Member No.: 2

QUOTE (OathinBlood @ Dec 17 2006, 10:43 PM)
Wow, the furthest I've been from home is Seattle.

I win. I've only been so far as northern California (I live in southern California) once.
Gamgee
Posted: Dec 18 2006, 07:07 AM

Co-Founder of the Xiva

Group: Gamgee
Member No.: 8

Livein Thunder Bay and furthest Ive been was toronto second furthest being duluth.

Lol the furthest ive been is in my own country even though I have been over the border.

--------------------
user posted image
We got tactical smart missiles, phase-plasma pulse rifles, RPGs, we got sonic electronic ball breakers! We got nukes, we got knives, sharp sticks... ~ Hudson
Seb (sjvan0)
Posted: Dec 22 2006, 02:53 AM

Tanaxai Transformer

Just want to let you guys know that I've arrived safely in Holland, and that the flight went well. I'm currently on a library computer (there doesn't seem to be any wireless internet anywhere in Holland), and I only have 6 minutes left, so I better go now.
Nox
Posted: Dec 22 2006, 06:21 AM

He always seemed like such a nice kid.....

Member No.: 16

See you when you're in London! smile.gif

--------------------
Taegril Avarial on the Elder Scrolls Forums
We Love Callie!
Bring back the assassins' RP >:(

The Moldy Olive <-- still in early development, but it's coming along
OathinBlood
Posted: Dec 22 2006, 01:20 PM

Street Shark!

Holland? They love Canadians there. I should go there.

--------------------
user posted image
Seb (sjvan0)
Posted: Jan 6 2007, 09:27 AM

Tanaxai Transformer

I've been in London for 2 days now, and have found a good, affordable internet cafe (whose lease runs out tomorrow. Just my luck!), but I haven't really had a chance to get on for a meaningful amount of time. I can sum up the way things have gone thusfar in two statements: In Holland things went pretty well. Ever since leaving Holland, things have gone to pot. Things started going badly in Brussels, where we boarded the Eurostar train that goes to London. First, when we get on the platform, we're in front of carriage 32. We need to get on carriage 1. An extremely long walk down the platform, passing many carriages with attendants outside them, and we're in front of carriage 1. The other 60 carriages have attendants at the door, but for some reason carriages 1, 2, and 3 do not. Just as luck would have it, the main handle on our heavier suitcase decides to give away when we're trying to get on, leaving us getting it on the train with a great deal of dificulty. When we finally get on the train, we find out that the seating and legroom is essentially identical to that of economy class on an airplane, only the seats can't recline, and they don't have a spiffy entertainment system in the back of the seat in front of you. A rather uncomfortable 2 1/2 hours later, and we're finally in London, where a whole new series of troubles start.
OathinBlood
Posted: Jan 6 2007, 03:02 PM

Street Shark!

Hooray, you're not dead. We're all happy. Good luck.

--------------------
user posted image
Seb (sjvan0)
Posted: Jan 13 2007, 11:55 AM

Tanaxai Transformer

Well, we've managed to find a place. We got the keys on Friday (yesterday), and have already moved some stuff in (mainly a few clothes, and the electronics we bought on Thursday, including a kick-ass 27" HD LCD TV). We'll be moving the rest of our stuff in tomorrow, and the furniture we've ordered (ie, beds, desk, chairs, dining table, wardrobes) should be arriving on Monday.

We also went to the Tower of London on Wednesday, which was pretty cool. Amongst the things I saw in the White Tower were a variety of combination weapons (including a shield-gun, a sword-gun (gun is in the handle of the sword), a mace-gun (gun in handle), and Henry VIII's personal walking staff (a very nasty looking spiked-mace with 3 guns in the mace-head), all of which were ordered by Henry VIII), samurai armour given to King James I by the Japanese Shogunate in 1614, a three-barrelled cannon (also ordered by Henry VIII. I'm liking this guy's taste in weaponry!), the world's tallest suit of armour, and Henry VIII's personal armour, which needed an under-plate screwed into the cuirass in order to keep it from bursting open.
Gamgee
Posted: Jan 13 2007, 01:15 PM

Co-Founder of the Xiva

Group: Gamgee
Member No.: 8

How delisiously evil sounding espessially that triple barrel gun I want it!!!

--------------------
user posted image
We got tactical smart missiles, phase-plasma pulse rifles, RPGs, we got sonic electronic ball breakers! We got nukes, we got knives, sharp sticks... ~ Hudson
OathinBlood
Posted: Jun 25 2007, 12:03 PM

Street Shark!

Just wondering Seb, did you take your cat with you? I hear that in a couple days some airline or another will be banning all pets from going. Of course, you're already there, but I'm just wondering.

--------------------
user posted image
Seb (sjvan0)
Posted: Jun 25 2007, 12:31 PM

Tanaxai Transformer

Nope. We weren't sure how long we were going to be here, and getting animals back in Australia is a pain in the ass, I've heard. I believe they have to spend 6 months in quarentine, in case they've picked anything up.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
zIFBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic Options

AFFILIATES
Genesis's Affliates

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0326 seconds · Archive