Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Genesis. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (4) [1] 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

General Spore Discussion
smurfslayer
Posted: Nov 30 2006, 06:32 PM

I has a Wii!!!!!

Group: Members
Member No.: 4

So I just read this on Gamespot (they got to play with the editor) and it made me very happy:

Some of the most interesting creatures you'll find featured in National Geographic or on the Discovery Channel are creatures that possess some sort of extreme defense or hunting mechanism, like the skunk, angler fish, or chameleon. These sorts of evolutionary oddities are commonplace in Spore, because you can give weapons to any creature you make. Among the weapons we saw were a hard clublike appendage, jets capable of squirting out venom or other chemicals, and items with purposes unknown.

It was one of my biggest fears that Spore wouldn't have these kinds of things so now I'm very happy.

--------------------
QUOTE (OathinBlood @ Nov 14 2006, 09:20 PM)
Smurf, the short blue peacemaker of us all.
smurfslayer
Posted: Nov 30 2006, 06:40 PM

I has a Wii!!!!!

Oh and look wings!

user posted image

Although I doubt that the wings have actual functionality.

--------------------
Ostagir
Posted: Nov 30 2006, 06:43 PM

The Overmind

Group: Admin
Member No.: 9

Triple post ftw! Anyways that looks cool, a flaying pig. Ha my parents owe me a bit of money now.

--------------------
What we do in life echoes in eternity.
~Pwnt~
smurfslayer
Posted: Nov 30 2006, 06:57 PM

I has a Wii!!!!!

Go look at spore.com, they have quite a few cool creatures there.

Oh man, I can't wait for this game.

--------------------
Gamgee
Posted: Nov 30 2006, 07:59 PM

Co-Founder of the Xiva

Group: Gamgee
Member No.: 8

The Xivai will rule all. MOHAHAHA. The true proper Xivai as I had envisioned the, *can picturre massive universal war boiling down between my version of the Xivai and the groups version of the Xivai*

It would leave thousands of players universes scarred and destroyed if these two species ever fought. I wish it were a joke but it isnt....

--------------------
user posted image
We got tactical smart missiles, phase-plasma pulse rifles, RPGs, we got sonic electronic ball breakers! We got nukes, we got knives, sharp sticks... ~ Hudson
Uzed
Posted: Nov 30 2006, 08:04 PM

Lord of the Dance

Member No.: 5

QUOTE (smurfslayer @ Nov 30 2006, 06:40 PM)
Oh and look wings!

user posted image

Although I doubt that the wings have actual functionality.

I thought this was a spore thread, not WoW...

wink.gif

--------------------
~=Led Zeppelin=~
Gamgee
Posted: Nov 30 2006, 08:11 PM

Co-Founder of the Xiva

THIS
http://www.sporewiki.com/Overdeity_of_Fear

Is the only sentient aquatic being on spore wiki capable of being as mild threat due to its size. We are immune to its psychic abilities to induce pain. Since we have no consept of joy nor ever will were immune there.

Dare I say we have created THE THE most evil creature that will ever grace the game of spore?

I sure hope so.

--------------------
user posted image
We got tactical smart missiles, phase-plasma pulse rifles, RPGs, we got sonic electronic ball breakers! We got nukes, we got knives, sharp sticks... ~ Hudson
OathinBlood
Posted: Nov 30 2006, 09:11 PM

Street Shark!

Member No.: 1

That 'Overdeity of Fear' is SO stupid. Don't even consider it. Come on, ther person that created it's name is just as corny and cheesy.

Also, I knew that Smurf. wink.gif

--------------------
user posted image
smurfslayer
Posted: Dec 1 2006, 10:21 AM

I has a Wii!!!!!

The thing is Gamgee, while in concept the Xivai are pretty much the ultimate beings of destruction, they might not translate to Spore very well. What I mean is, you probably wont be able to have super-spiky armor or regenerating flesh and you certainly can't make the Ysugtha. We'll see but I'm just not so sure that Spore is built to make something as uber as the Xivai.

--------------------
Ostagir
Posted: Dec 1 2006, 11:35 AM

The Overmind

Isn't regenerating flesh part of life though? If you get a cut, it heals itself... I don't see why that wouldn't be in Spore. Remember, Spore is single player free-form, balance is going to be very hard to keep. I'm sure they ahve a special system worked out so you don't make a half-tank, gravity sucking centipede. But having spikey armor and living flesh is something... everything has.

*cough* Porcupines have spikey stuff...

--------------------
~Pwnt~
smurfslayer
Posted: Dec 1 2006, 01:25 PM

I has a Wii!!!!!

Ostagir, of course everything has regenerating flesh but not to the uber level that the Xivai and Ysugtha have.

--------------------
Ostagir
Posted: Dec 1 2006, 02:03 PM

The Overmind

True... but you made it sound like any regenerating at all would be a bad, imbalancing thing... hm I wonder if you could make an eyeball creature that rolled everywhere... IIRC eyes heal faster so.. pwnt. (Just a dream lol)

--------------------
~Pwnt~
Gamgee
Posted: Dec 1 2006, 04:30 PM

Co-Founder of the Xiva

The Xivai are just to uber for there own dam good. Alas I will recreate them to the best of my ability.

The spore version Xivai will cause many a players bad day....

Some guy: Ahhh just another day of my creatures exploring the galaxy
*message*
Some guy: Ooo a new alien race time to bring technology to the primitive masses
*few hours later*
Some guy: Ahh shit shit Im losing territory fast what do I do common <creature name> you can beat these things
*few more hours later
Some guy: This cant be happening nothing is stopping them aahhhhhhhh
*few hours later*
Some guy: Why did they have to wipe out my galaxy WHHHYYYYY!!!!!!!

Heh heh.

--------------------
user posted image
Ostagir
Posted: Dec 1 2006, 07:03 PM

The Overmind

Ah, but those are the days that you look back upon a re-strategize. Recreate your invasion force with any remaining creatures and pull off a new attack and conquer all their terriotory... gives a sense of accomplishment. damn, that just makes me want the game even more... GAHHHH!

--------------------
~Pwnt~
smurfslayer
Posted: Dec 1 2006, 07:03 PM

I has a Wii!!!!!

As I said though Gamgee, in concept yes, that's probably what would happen but in Spore creatures have a much more fair chance against each other. Unfortenetly the Xivai themselves will probably get owned quite a few times.

That's why I wont be making the Xivai or Crystalli, I want to make something brand new in the game. Something that evolved from that little single-celled organism.

--------------------
OathinBlood
Posted: Dec 1 2006, 07:06 PM

Street Shark!

Same here. I don't want Genesis attached to the Spore license. It was inspired by Spore, it's not a Spore fanfic.

--------------------
user posted image
smurfslayer
Posted: Dec 1 2006, 07:08 PM

I has a Wii!!!!!

I think I'm going to create some type of avian. If Spore allows for flying creatures that would be freaking awesome but if not, flightless birds are still awesome too.

--------------------
OathinBlood
Posted: Dec 1 2006, 07:15 PM

Street Shark!

I think I'll create something amphibious - if it allows for that. If not, I'll create something amphibious in spirit.

--------------------
user posted image
Gamgee
Posted: Dec 1 2006, 07:37 PM

Co-Founder of the Xiva

Im pretty sure avian creatures are confirmed.

Oh and by Xiva I ment as how I envisioned them, they are roughly the same but a few key differences. However I dont think we will ever be able to recreate the Genesis Xiva it was a group project and it wasnt a spore fanfic it evolved since our humble beggining.

Anyways look out for a similar Xivaiish creature however it will have a different name.

P.S
Underwater civs I dont think are possible (cut is what I last heard)

--------------------
user posted image
Twitchmonkey
Posted: Dec 2 2006, 12:37 AM

wears a spandex leotard with the flag of communist Vietnam on it

Member No.: 2

Last I heard, they probably won't make it in, but they might. My Twitchmonkeys versus your Xivai. It is so on.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.

Topic OptionsPages: (4) [1] 2 3 ... Last »

AFFILIATES
Genesis's Affliates

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1043 seconds · Archive