Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Genesis. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (32) « First ... 30 31 [32]  ( Go to first unread post )

The Official Genesis Discussion Topic, Thread 2
Seb (sjvan0)
Posted: Feb 18 2007, 12:47 PM

Tanaxai Transformer

Group: Admin
Member No.: 10

QUOTE (MinotaurWarrior @ Feb 18 2007, 07:23 PM)
B. I love the letter X.

And yes, my vote is for the vent. While jelly fish (no brains/nerves - probably what we aren't detecting) are cool, building resistance to hostile enviornments is far cooler. If anyones heres ever read dune, think Sardaukar (probably butchered that word, sorry!) and freemen.

You actually got the name of the Sardaukar correct, but you misspelt Fremen tongue.gif. As for what we aren't detecting, it definately isn't jellyfish, since jellyfish, while lacking brains, do have nerves that are part of a nervous system. Therefore, we would be able to detect the bioelectricity generated by them. Anyway, I think that until the Xivai develop the methods to harness the power of the vent, it should be used as a training ground for the strongest, but stupidest, warriors. Due to the high degree of sulfur in the water, the warrior's intelligence would take a sharp drop (which wouldn't matter as much for the already stupid ones), while the heat of the area would obviously increase their heat resistance. In short, they would become the ultimate meat-shields/brutes. However, and this is a big however, we need to know what is in the deadzone before we decide to build a whole training colony here.
Twitchmonkey
Posted: Feb 18 2007, 12:53 PM

wears a spandex leotard with the flag of communist Vietnam on it

Member No.: 2

No, we really don't.
Seb (sjvan0)
Posted: Feb 18 2007, 01:18 PM

Tanaxai Transformer

QUOTE (Twitchmonkey @ Feb 18 2007, 08:53 PM)
No, we really don't.

Let's take your massive-creature-blocking-signals theory. Say that there is such a creature causing the deadzone. We begin building training facilities, and as we get to the nosier stages, we disturb the gigantic creature. The creature then proceeds to annihilate the buildings and workers, causing the loss of dozens (if not hundreds) of lives, the destruction of valuable resources, and the waste of hundreds of hours, which could have been better used doing just about anything else. All of which could have been prevented if we had bothered to take a look in the deadzone before colonising the area.
Gamgee
Posted: Feb 18 2007, 02:22 PM

Co-Founder of the Xiva

Group: Gamgee
Member No.: 8

QUOTE (Twitchmonkey @ Feb 18 2007, 11:53 AM)
QUOTE (Gamgee @ Feb 18 2007, 06:12 PM)
Do not call them eskimos again the proper term for there people is the Inuit. You would most likely have received a good beating had there been an Inuit near you. Just a heads up for the future.

How often is their an eskimo/inuit/frozen indian baby near you? I mean really.

Oh so you mean I can start saying bad things about white people? Calling them bad names eh?

Come on show some respect.

--------------------
user posted image
We got tactical smart missiles, phase-plasma pulse rifles, RPGs, we got sonic electronic ball breakers! We got nukes, we got knives, sharp sticks... ~ Hudson
Seb (sjvan0)
Posted: Feb 18 2007, 02:40 PM

Tanaxai Transformer

QUOTE (Gamgee @ Feb 18 2007, 10:22 PM)
QUOTE (Twitchmonkey @ Feb 18 2007, 11:53 AM)
QUOTE (Gamgee @ Feb 18 2007, 06:12 PM)
Do not call them eskimos again the proper term for there people is the Inuit. You would most likely have received a good beating had there been an Inuit near you. Just a heads up for the future.

How often is their an eskimo/inuit/frozen indian baby near you? I mean really.

Oh so you mean I can start saying bad things about white people? Calling them bad names eh?

Come on show some respect.

Who the hell is saying bad things about anyone? "Eskimo" is the term for the inhabitants of east Siberia and any non-european circumpolar region. The Inuit are a sub-group of Eskimo, with the Yupik being the other main one.
OathinBlood
Posted: Feb 18 2007, 02:46 PM

Street Shark!

Member No.: 1

Actually...wait. Did anyone see the compromise?

--------------------
user posted image
Gamgee
Posted: Feb 18 2007, 02:47 PM

Co-Founder of the Xiva

Okay fine call them that. However I have warned you should you meet one they will not like it. I am of course refering to northern Canadas Inuit.

Edit
Just trust me do not call them that show a little respect. I am also pretty sure twitch was talking about Canadas Inuit. I am a native american I do not like being called an indian or any other term. So I can understand the Inuit and eskimo name thing.

Just trust me on this one.

--------------------
user posted image
We got tactical smart missiles, phase-plasma pulse rifles, RPGs, we got sonic electronic ball breakers! We got nukes, we got knives, sharp sticks... ~ Hudson
OathinBlood
Posted: Feb 18 2007, 02:50 PM

Street Shark!

The Inuit are nice and all, but let's go back to Genesis. Seb, did you see the compromise?

--------------------
user posted image
Gamgee
Posted: Feb 18 2007, 02:50 PM

Co-Founder of the Xiva

What compromise? You have to tell us these things up front we do not like going back 80 posts to see the compromise we want to see it when you post. tongue.gif

--------------------
user posted image
OathinBlood
Posted: Feb 18 2007, 02:52 PM

Street Shark!

The Xivai stay white, and explore the heat zone.

--------------------
user posted image
Gamgee
Posted: Feb 18 2007, 02:54 PM

Co-Founder of the Xiva

Did you answer my question regarding your compromise?

I asked that if we go white we will in time find a biological way to have caste colours? Until then can we do it via ink?

If yes than sure we can go white. If no then no I do not like that compromise.

--------------------
user posted image
Seb (sjvan0)
Posted: Feb 18 2007, 03:00 PM

Tanaxai Transformer

QUOTE (OathinBlood @ Feb 18 2007, 10:46 PM)
Actually...wait. Did anyone see the compromise?

I assume you're referring to the "If the Xivai are white, they'll go to heat" thing? If so, then no deal. I don't care nearly as much about the colour of the Xivai as I do about the direction in which they'll go. I'd be happy if the scouts just got close enough to the deadzone to make out if its due to geological or biological causes. No need to go into the zone itself, just close to it. Then they can go anywhere they bloody well like.
OathinBlood
Posted: Feb 18 2007, 03:28 PM

Street Shark!

Well, looking back, if we go by sheer votes, then white wins, and heat zone is explored. That's what the votes are, if you want to look back.

I might update later today.

--------------------
user posted image
BodhiBloodWave
Posted: Feb 18 2007, 03:30 PM

Zebodi Ambassador

Group: Members
Member No.: 33

i already gave my support to the compromise, to me the color is more important then the direction
Seb (sjvan0)
Posted: Feb 18 2007, 03:31 PM

Tanaxai Transformer

QUOTE (OathinBlood @ Feb 18 2007, 11:28 PM)
Well, looking back, if we go by sheer votes, then white wins, and heat zone is explored. That's what the votes are, if you want to look back.

I might update later today.

If that's the votes, then fine. I just want this over and done with, and if the votes say "Heat", then the Heat it is. It feels good to be back in action, I've misssed this game.

EDIT: Deleted your spam-tacular post, Oath.

EDIT BY OATH: sad.gif
OathinBlood
Posted: Feb 18 2007, 07:26 PM

Street Shark!

Watching the 'Ocean Deep' episode of Planet Earth. It's like drugs for my inner muse. The next update should be interesting.

--------------------
user posted image
OathinBlood
Posted: Feb 18 2007, 07:50 PM

Street Shark!

Xthollios are priests.

EDIT - Hey Gamtard Fagtard, I live in Canada, with you.

--------------------
user posted image
OathinBlood
Posted: Feb 18 2007, 08:36 PM

Street Shark!

Just to let you peeps know, next update will be in a new thread.

--------------------
user posted image
Gamgee
Posted: Feb 18 2007, 08:38 PM

Co-Founder of the Xiva

Exelent. I was getting irritated at this one being so big. Also turn down the posts per page and enforce a locking rule like say when it hits 300 lock and begin anew. It helps to keep things orderly.

--------------------
user posted image
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Register for Free

Topic OptionsPages: (32) « First ... 30 31 [32] 

AFFILIATES
Genesis's Affliates

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0351 seconds · Archive