Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Genesis. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (32) 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

The Official Genesis Discussion Topic, Thread 2
Twitchmonkey
Posted: Nov 28 2006, 07:25 PM

wears a spandex leotard with the flag of communist Vietnam on it

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

QUOTE (OathinBlood @ Nov 29 2006, 03:19 AM)
Most of it yes, but there are exposed areas.

Check it out, the formatting mostly done - http://www.sporewiki.com/Content:Xivai

I'm convinced that'll be the best page on the Spore Wiki once it's done. So much more has gone into the Xivai than most creatures there. It's been an entire evolutionary process before the game has even released.

I don't think I'll have a computer that can run Spore by the time it releases. *cry*
smurfslayer
Posted: Nov 28 2006, 07:28 PM

I has a Wii!!!!!

Group: Members
Member No.: 4

Wait, so our ritual is going to be watching toddlers duke it out?

--------------------
QUOTE (OathinBlood @ Nov 14 2006, 09:20 PM)
Smurf, the short blue peacemaker of us all.
Twitchmonkey
Posted: Nov 28 2006, 07:34 PM

QUOTE (smurfslayer @ Nov 29 2006, 03:28 AM)
Wait, so our ritual is going to be watching toddlers duke it out?

No, our ritual is going to be hording cake and then using it to mock Sally Struthers. It's a foolproof plan.
Seb (sjvan0)
Posted: Nov 28 2006, 08:24 PM

Tanaxai Transformer

Member No.: 10

Since the majority of the flesh is beneath the exoskelton, wouldn't it make more sense to have the exoskeleton heal faster than the flesh?
Gamgee
Posted: Nov 28 2006, 08:26 PM

Co-Founder of the Xiva

Group: Gamgee
Member No.: 8

QUOTE (Twitchmonkey @ Nov 28 2006, 04:12 PM)
QUOTE (Gamgee @ Nov 28 2006, 11:55 PM)
For the prayer or ritual how about we..... hold a contest between two of the weakest warriors. The winner gets another chance to serve the loser gets his blood spilled in the arena.

Sound good? It was a fast hastey idea.

How about the loser dies and the winner gets sacrificed to the Nameless? It's far more honorable than just being killed and that way we don't have to deal with having another weak xiva around.

Much better I give you a rough idea and you hammer it out. That sounds exelent one again furthing our quality.

Why do I have the feeling our warriors will be so strong and tough that for everyone that falls it kills 20 enemies?

--------------------
user posted image
We got tactical smart missiles, phase-plasma pulse rifles, RPGs, we got sonic electronic ball breakers! We got nukes, we got knives, sharp sticks... ~ Hudson
Gamgee
Posted: Nov 28 2006, 08:31 PM

Co-Founder of the Xiva

Group: Gamgee
Member No.: 8

Hmmm.... If anything with all the implants the eldest warriors could technically be the strongest.

I dont think its somthing we should develop it would eventually limit our warriors maybe if implants were effective and cheap to make but as of yet there no useful implants. While it would help ready us I think we should stick to a battle between the weak for now. The winner getting sacraficed and the loser dieing with no honour.

If we had a bigger more advanced scociety I could see its usefulness but right now it seems like its weakening.

--------------------
user posted image
We got tactical smart missiles, phase-plasma pulse rifles, RPGs, we got sonic electronic ball breakers! We got nukes, we got knives, sharp sticks... ~ Hudson
Twitchmonkey
Posted: Nov 28 2006, 09:01 PM

QUOTE (Gamgee @ Nov 29 2006, 04:31 AM)
Hmmm.... If anything with all the implants the eldest warriors could technically be the strongest.

I dont think its somthing we should develop it would eventually limit our warriors maybe if implants were effective and cheap to make but as of yet there no useful implants. While it would help ready us I think we should stick to a battle between the weak for now. The winner getting sacraficed and the loser dieing with no honour.

If we had a bigger more advanced scociety I could see its usefulness but right now it seems like its weakening.

The issue is that it isn't really a religious ceremony, though with the sacrificing I could see how it might work like that.

I love all the weak-culling we're doing. That not only benefits the society now, it makes sure only the most high quality genes are passed down. Our wars will be like taking 50 robocops and putting them in a classroom with 1,000 japanese schoolchildren and watching the chaos unfold.
Seb (sjvan0)
Posted: Nov 28 2006, 09:12 PM

Tanaxai Transformer

QUOTE (Gamgee @ Nov 29 2006, 02:31 PM)

I don't like the idea of sacrificing our strongest warriors. We do all we can to make sure only the strong survive, and then we go and sacrifice them? Doesn't really make much sense.

How about, when you eat live prey, you first have to give some of its pain to the Presence? Its pretty much the Xivai way of saying grace tongue.gif
Twitchmonkey
Posted: Nov 28 2006, 09:24 PM

QUOTE (Seb (sjvan0) @ Nov 29 2006, 05:12 AM)
I don't like the idea of sacrificing our strongest warriors. We do all we can to make sure only the strong survive, and then we go and sacrifice them? Doesn't really make much sense.

How about, when you eat live prey, you first have to give some of its pain to the Presence? Its pretty much the Xivai way of saying grace tongue.gif

I think the idea is to sacrifice our weakest warriors, not our strongest.
Seb (sjvan0)
Posted: Nov 28 2006, 09:39 PM

Tanaxai Transformer

QUOTE (Twitchmonkey @ Nov 29 2006, 03:24 PM)
QUOTE (Seb (sjvan0) @ Nov 29 2006, 05:12 AM)

I think the idea is to sacrifice our weakest warriors, not our strongest.

But we're sacrificing the winner, aren't we?
Twitchmonkey
Posted: Nov 28 2006, 10:03 PM

QUOTE (Seb (sjvan0) @ Nov 29 2006, 05:39 AM)
But we're sacrificing the winner, aren't we?

Yes, but we're using the two weakest Xivai to begin with. They're both weak, the winner is just less weak, and thus gets the honor of being a sacrifice.
OathinBlood
Posted: Nov 28 2006, 10:17 PM

Street Shark!

Member No.: 1

The exoskeleton doesn't grow back, but it heals like human skin would do. But if you say, got a huge chunk taken off, only a thick black chitinous scab would grow back instead of the really thick black exoskeleton.

--------------------
user posted image
OathinBlood
Posted: Nov 28 2006, 10:18 PM

Street Shark!

How about we just go with the UFC for Toddlers. It's a good way to get rid of the weakest. Like the Spartans and their babies, but without all the extra work.

--------------------
user posted image
Twitchmonkey
Posted: Nov 28 2006, 10:25 PM

QUOTE (OathinBlood @ Nov 29 2006, 06:18 AM)
How about we just go with the UFC for Toddlers. It's a good way to get rid of the weakest. Like the Spartans and their babies, but without all the extra work.

All in favor?

All opposed?

The ayes have it!
Seb (sjvan0)
Posted: Nov 28 2006, 10:36 PM

Tanaxai Transformer

Am I the only one that fails to see the religious significance of the toddler UFC? I propose my torture-your-live-prey-before-you-eat-it ritual be the new one. Its simple, its religious (since we're giving the pain of the prey to the Presence), and it can be done frequently (unlike the exoskeleton removal and the toddler UFC)
Twitchmonkey
Posted: Nov 28 2006, 10:57 PM

It's also pointless. The toddler UFC is religious because it ends in a sacrifice.
OathinBlood
Posted: Nov 28 2006, 11:33 PM

Street Shark!

Well, I did say choose one or more. Both picked!

The toddler UFC is religious because they are all fighting, to see who has the Nameless' blessing. The Nameless will make the strong survive, and the weak die.

--------------------
user posted image
Twitchmonkey
Posted: Nov 28 2006, 11:37 PM

QUOTE (OathinBlood @ Nov 29 2006, 07:33 AM)

The toddler UFC is religious because they are all fighting, to see who has the Nameless' blessing. The Nameless will make the strong survive, and the weak die.

Cool.

I guess the Nameless is picky with what it eats. First it decides the winner and then it eats her. Remember, our warriors are our females.
Seb (sjvan0)
Posted: Nov 28 2006, 11:56 PM

Tanaxai Transformer

QUOTE (Twitchmonkey @ Nov 29 2006, 05:37 PM)
QUOTE (OathinBlood @ Nov 29 2006, 07:33 AM)

Cool.

I guess the Nameless is picky with what it eats. First it decides the winner and then it eats her. Remember, our warriors are our females.

But I thought that the toddler UFC was to decide which Xivai would get the special training, which would get regular training, and which would be cannon/Ysugtha fodder.
Twitchmonkey
Posted: Nov 29 2006, 12:16 AM

QUOTE (Seb (sjvan0) @ Nov 29 2006, 07:56 AM)
[QUOTE=Twitchmonkey,Nov 29 2006, 05:37 PM]
But I thought that the toddler UFC was to decide which Xivai would get the special training, which would get regular training, and which would be cannon/Ysugtha fodder.

Honestly I have no damn idea anymore. Hopefully it works out for the best.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (32) 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... Last »

AFFILIATES
Genesis's Affliates

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0321 seconds · Archive