zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
zIFBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to Genesis. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (28) 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

Genesis General Discussion, Thoughts and ideas for the Cryst/Xivai.
Gamgee
Posted: Nov 21 2006, 05:09 PM

Co-Founder of the Xiva

Group: Gamgee
Member No.: 8

Twitch dont worry we will eventually atain biological ownage mode where we can get rid of almsot ALL technology. In the mean time we will have to have a balance. Even for us to make a biological suit to breath on land would be hard there would need to be some sort of technology involved and it wouldnt be as strong. So like I said twitchy we are going to need a balance for a time. Then when we gain pwnage bio tech... well its game over for everything else right?

--------------------
user posted image
We got tactical smart missiles, phase-plasma pulse rifles, RPGs, we got sonic electronic ball breakers! We got nukes, we got knives, sharp sticks... ~ Hudson
OathinBlood
Posted: Nov 21 2006, 05:41 PM

Street Shark!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

I think the Xivai should be all like 'w3 i5 l33t st3@mpuNk'. Because Steampunk is awesome, and likely with the Xivai, since they have hot water vents nearby - as their only source of natural energy.

Okay, take Necromunda and mix it with Steampunk, and you'll get the grimy dystopian society that I'm picturing. Dystopian, yet zealously religious. With a touch of the atmosphere in 'Bioshock'.

--------------------
user posted image
OathinBlood
Posted: Nov 21 2006, 05:54 PM

Street Shark!

Below the thunders of the upper deep;
Far far beneath in the abysmal sea,
Their ancient, dreamless, uninvaded sleep
The Ysugtha sleepeth: faintest sunlights flee
About their shadowy sides; above them swell
Huge sponges of millennial growth and height;
And far away into the sickly light,
From many a wondrous grot and secret cell
Unnumber'd and enormous polypi
Winnow with giant arms the slumbering green.
There hath they've lain for ages, and will lie
Battening upon huge seaworms in his sleep,
Until the latter fire shall heat the deep;
Then once by man and angels to be seen,
In roaring he shall rise and on the surface die.

--------------------
user posted image
Twitchmonkey
Posted: Nov 21 2006, 11:48 PM

wears a spandex leotard with the flag of communist Vietnam on it

Member No.: 2

QUOTE (Gamgee @ Nov 22 2006, 01:09 AM)
Twitch dont worry we will eventually atain biological ownage mode where we can get rid of almsot ALL technology. In the mean time we will have to have a balance. Even for us to make a biological suit to breath on land would be hard there would need to be some sort of technology involved and it wouldnt be as strong. So like I said twitchy we are going to need a balance for a time. Then when we gain pwnage bio tech... well its game over for everything else right?

So long as it's a temporary measure I suppose it's alright, so long as the mech suits aren't real heavy. Heavy space marinesque suits are not Xivai. Yuuzhan Vong style rejection of all tech has never really been the style I've wanted to go with on the Xivai, I'm really more into the idea of using both bio and tech implants, but the idea of suits as a long term solution bothers me because it hides all of our cool symbiotes and whatnot.
Gamgee
Posted: Nov 22 2006, 01:34 PM

Co-Founder of the Xiva

Twitch if you read it properly. I was saying the Mech suits were an advanced scout attack unit. They are made heavy and durable because there sent ahead of the main body onto land. They will be hidden from sight of course but until the biological flood guns come up from the sea they establish and hold the beach head. The Flood guns then start shooting out rain to flood the land and thats when we start using more bio technological stuff and we may even be able to slither/walk around for short bursts of time with the rain cannons firing. Then the process repeats they go ahead of the main force and so on so forth till the land no longer exsists. Oh and we continuously haul out sand and... earth really to be used in construction or be tossed aside. It gains us resources, denies the enemy of there presous land, allows us a fast attack and longer more bigger battles involving our true biotech might.

Sound good?

--------------------
user posted image
We got tactical smart missiles, phase-plasma pulse rifles, RPGs, we got sonic electronic ball breakers! We got nukes, we got knives, sharp sticks... ~ Hudson
Twitchmonkey
Posted: Nov 22 2006, 04:58 PM

QUOTE (Gamgee @ Nov 22 2006, 09:34 PM)
Twitch if you read it properly. I was saying the Mech suits were an advanced scout attack unit. They are made heavy and durable because there sent ahead of the main body onto land. They will be hidden from sight of course but until the biological flood guns come up from the sea they establish and hold the beach head. The Flood guns then start shooting out rain to flood the land and thats when we start using more bio technological stuff and we may even be able to slither/walk around for short bursts of time with the rain cannons firing. Then the process repeats they go ahead of the main force and so on so forth till the land no longer exsists. Oh and we continuously haul out sand and... earth really to be used in construction or be tossed aside. It gains us resources, denies the enemy of there presous land, allows us a fast attack and longer more bigger battles involving our true biotech might.

Sound good?

Honestly I stopped reading at heavy. It doesn't matter how good your tactics are if your soldiers look like phail space marines.
OathinBlood
Posted: Nov 22 2006, 05:06 PM

Street Shark!

They should look like Cryx Warjacks.

--------------------
user posted image
Gamgee
Posted: Nov 22 2006, 05:09 PM

Co-Founder of the Xiva

There not going to look luike space marines you tard. If you READ you would have known that.

Did twitchy get a hit or two over the head lowering his brains ability to work or somthing? No offense but patience young twitchy.

EDIT
Somthing like this twitchy is what the mech suits would look like. We will make it Xivai like but the general shape will stay. I onyl really want the chassi (legs) and the arms everything else in the pic can be cut out and replaced with whatever.

http://uk.games-workshop.com/chaosspacemar...aos-defiler.jpg

--------------------
user posted image
Twitchmonkey
Posted: Nov 22 2006, 06:07 PM

QUOTE (Gamgee @ Nov 23 2006, 01:09 AM)
There not going to look luike space marines you tard. If you READ you would have known that.

Did twitchy get a hit or two over the head lowering his brains ability to work or somthing? No offense but patience young twitchy.

EDIT
Somthing like this twitchy is what the mech suits would look like. We will make it Xivai like but the general shape will stay. I onyl really want the chassi (legs) and the arms everything else in the pic can be cut out and replaced with whatever.

http://uk.games-workshop.com/chaosspacemar...aos-defiler.jpg

You say they aren't going to look like space marines and then when describing what it will look like you give me a picture of a space marine and I'm a retard?

Well, either way it is suck.
Gamgee
Posted: Nov 22 2006, 07:59 PM

Co-Founder of the Xiva

Good to know you havent gone soft on us at least. Dont worry Twitchy we will purge the Technology ALMOST completly in the end and be biological machines of killing and ripping and tearing with lots of blood and guts of the enemy flying everywhere!!!!

MOAHAHAHAH!!!!!

That better twitch?

--------------------
user posted image
Twitchmonkey
Posted: Nov 23 2006, 12:54 AM

It'll be better once we agree on a more streamlined mech suit design. It doesn't have to be like a wetsuit, but too much bulk I'm not going to go for. Of course, we don't neccesarily have to come in agreeance. You state your side, I'll state mine, and it'll be on. It's always the most fun that way anyway.
Gamgee
Posted: Nov 23 2006, 06:55 AM

Co-Founder of the Xiva

They need to be bulky simply because they have to hold a beachhead for days without any additional help. The rain cannons would take a while to come up ans start flooding then a few days it would take to actually flood sufficiently for the more biological weaponry to be brought in.

--------------------
user posted image
Twitchmonkey
Posted: Nov 23 2006, 05:39 PM

Are you not listening? I don't care if the nazis, the redbacks, and the red baron are coming if the Xivai end up looking like Michelin men.
OathinBlood
Posted: Nov 23 2006, 05:50 PM

Street Shark!

It'll be the level of bulk that Big Daddy from Bioshock is, at the very least, I'm guessing.

--------------------
user posted image
Gamgee
Posted: Nov 24 2006, 09:47 PM

Co-Founder of the Xiva

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

OOOOOOOOOO so Xivaiish inspiring. This is from the guy who does gone with the blast wave comic.

--------------------
user posted image
OathinBlood
Posted: Nov 27 2006, 04:59 PM

Street Shark!

Gamgee, those just say 'user posted image'.

Also, guys, we need to discuss how long you want the tribal stage to go on. As you already know, you will not play the whole thing out - you will play the beginning of it, the you will lose control as hundreds of years pass, and the tribes do things based on how you have played them. You will not completely lose control though, since you will be able to vote on several major revolutionary inventions/innovations.

--------------------
user posted image
Twitchmonkey
Posted: Nov 27 2006, 05:08 PM

Maybe 5 more tribal updates...it really depends on how often you update. If you're going to be updating daily I'd say as many as 10 more would be appropriate.
OathinBlood
Posted: Nov 27 2006, 08:20 PM

Street Shark!

After many hours' worth of confusion, frustration, and research, I have finished scientifically classifying the Crystalli. Behold my glorious work!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scientific Classification
Domain: Eukaryota (Complex Organisms)
Kingdom: Animalia (Animals)
Phylum: Chordata (Animals with Notochords)
Subphylum: Vertebrata (Vertebrates)
Infraphylum: Gnathostomata (Jawed Vertebrates)
Series: Amniota (Amniotic Embryo)
Superclass: Tetrapoda (Four Legged)
Class: Theropsida “Beast Face”
Order: Manusauria “Hand-Footed Lizard”
Family: Plumanemuscendo “Feathered Tree-Climber”
Genus: Brevisvolans “Short Flyer”
Species: Decastoma “Ten-Jawed”
Binomial Name: Brevisvolans Decastoma “Ten-Jawed Glider”
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------
user posted image
Twitchmonkey
Posted: Nov 27 2006, 08:58 PM

You are such a zoology dork, Oath.
OathinBlood
Posted: Nov 27 2006, 10:40 PM

Street Shark!

Just trying to bring a tad more realism to the world of Genesis.

The Xivai are especially hard to transfer over - from Class and down, they are entirely unique. Meaning, they are definitely far from anything on Earth.

--------------------
user posted image
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Register Now

Topic OptionsPages: (28) 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... Last »

AFFILIATES
Genesis's Affliates

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0395 seconds · Archive