zIFBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Hammerfell. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Hammerfell Error Reporting, Public Alpha 1.0
Lady Nerevar
Posted: Jan 10 2010, 10:03 PM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Report errors found in Hammerfell here. Your report must include the cell, location within the cell, and a description of the error. It can also include a screenshot or a description of how to fix the error. Example:

(10,10), near the waterfall. 3rd statue on the right floats.

How to test
  • To get to Hammerfell, load TR_OoT_Main.esm and Hammerfell.esm and start a game as usual. Open the console (~ key), and type Cow Hammerfell x,y where x,y is a cell coordinate such as 5,5 or 10,10. press ENTER and you will be teleported to Hammerfell. you might be stuck inside a rock, if so, open the console again and type tcl and fly out of the rock, then enter tcl again to return to normal.
  • To see cell numbers, enter the console and type std 0, then tdt. This will display a whole load of information, including cell coordinates.
  • It is also helpful to enable cell borders so you know exactly what cell an error is in. open the console and type tb to do that.
  • In terms of writing down errors, you can either use beta comments or write them down by hand on a piece of paper. I find the later easier, personally, as it doesn't require a reference.
What to Report:
In Goldmoor

Everything, with the exception of known errors.

In the Helkori
Everything, with the exception of known errors.

The rest of Hammerfell (the heightmap)
Missing land, awkward land transitions, crashes.
Lady Nerevar
Posted: Jun 13 2010, 05:55 PM

Administrator

Known errors as of Public 1.0 (private v.13):

Goldmoor:
-Fake interiors in Rihad and Taneth (eg. looking in from Goldmoor) don't match up with the real city.

Helkori
Lady Nerevar
Posted: Sep 6 2010, 11:45 PM

Administrator

map 9 conflict w/ battlehorn. feh.
Epona
Posted: Sep 7 2010, 01:57 AM

Hireling

Group: Members
Member No.: 64

Hello! Congratulations on the recent release, I've been eagerly anticipating being able to go to Hammerfell!

I'm not sure what to report as errors, because I know it's not finished, but I don't know what should be working and what shouldn't if that makes any sense.

I'm just wandering around Rihad having come through the border crossing right nearby and here are things I've noticed so far:

Rihad Market district: Exiting the Fighters Guild by the ground floor (southernmost) door got me stuck in some scenery (possibly the door surround or the building exterior) that I couldn't see, I had to tcl to get unstuck. FIXED, v.15

Rihad Docks district: Just opposite the multiple iron gates to the Fort, on the little sandbank across a strip of water from the gates there was a large bright purple glowing patch of sand. I'm not using any mods that affect scenery or graphics and I haven't had any similar problems in Cyrodil that might indicate a graphics card (it's only a week old!) problem, so I can't account for it. I forgot to note the exact spot, if you need me to find it again and give you more info I'll do so. FIXED, v.14

Generally in Rihad: Most of the active doors (I know a lot of interiors aren't done yet, I'm only referring to the active doors that take you to a new cell) don't show where they lead to when you hover the mouse over them. Probably you already know about this and it's due in the next release.

Rihad SE (I think, the district that you get to first when coming from the Brena border crossing): There's a house there with a bloke by name of Loche??, none of the stuff in his house shows up as being owned.

Generally: NPC greetings and speech text goes too fast for me and I'm a fast reader. This isn't so noticeable in Rihad due to it being eerily empty atm, but in the inn at Brena just before you cross into Hammerfell there is a little quest there and I had to check my journal to find out what I had been asked to do. Probably you already know about this and it will be sorted when there are more NPCs added.

And 2 things that I expect aren't actually meant to be in this release and will be added later: 1) I've picked a couple of ingredients (rock... something, and a reed type plant, both in Rihad) and they don't have inventory icons and 2) a lot of the new Hammerfell container types around Rihad don't have any contents - I expect you're fully aware of this but as I said at the start I'm not sure what to report as errors!

I hope this is in some way helpful and doesn't come across as a big old moan, I think what I've seen so far of this looks absolutely amazing. Fantastic quality and attention to detail, the architecture especially is amazing. Great work so far!
Lady Nerevar
Posted: Sep 7 2010, 02:52 AM

Administrator

Thanks for the feedback smile.gif
Epona
Posted: Sep 7 2010, 03:03 AM

Hireling

Member No.: 64

QUOTE (Lady Nerevar @ Sep 7 2010, 02:52 AM)
Thanks for the feedback smile.gif

No worries - I want to be as helpful as possible, let me know if you need more detail or if the stuff I report isn't useful. I can't help out by building stuff or scripting or anything like that, but I can test the thing out and report back!

Chaseguard Garison: When I entered the garrison I had a similar problem to when I exited the Rihad Fighters Guild - got stuck in a little space with transparent walls and had to tcl to get into the interior proper. FIXED, v.15
Locksley
Posted: Sep 7 2010, 08:42 AM

Unregistered

Loadorder dependent.

For me I have to have the esm and esp loaded first or I will get missing world/ground meshes/textures.
FIXED, v.14, somewhat. A certain amount of load order dependency will always exist, but land should show up regardless.

It is a very beautiful mod and I hope you will get more modders working on it with this release.

Cheers!
Locksley
Posted: Sep 7 2010, 08:54 AM

Unregistered

Maybe I should register so I can edit my posts.

Just wanted to post a reminder, I am sure you allready know about this:

"Once you have trees and other stuff, you will also need to clear out all the VWD flags for your worldspace using TES4Edit in order for your worldspace to show correctly when loaded anywhere other than the 01 index. You would need to do this cleaning after every change which adds more trees, but thankfully, you only need to clean out those things which were added/moved."
Construction Set Wiki
FIXED, v.14
Lady Nerevar
Posted: Sep 7 2010, 02:37 PM

Administrator

Registration is quick and easy, so I'd recommend it.

I had thought I'd already Gecko'd the esm (removing the need for it to be loaded 2nd), but if you're still getting problems it must have been an older fine (I went though a dozen before I finally got it to stop blowing). That or the fixes didn't stick :/

Again, thanks for the reports.
Locksley
Posted: Sep 7 2010, 08:38 PM

Unregistered

Might as well mention this too:
While experimenting a bit, when adding the bash tag for water level cell changes (just testing some things) Bash threw the following error

CODE
Hammerfell.esm: Exterior cell <0x2038b3b> None after block or subblock.

I haven't had time to check out that particular section yet with TES4Edit, maybe you will find it useful?

Until I got more time I will let this mod rest. When there is more time I will return and check out more of the landmass. i have some projects of my own that I really should try to kick start too.

Cheers and all the luck!
Lady Nerevar
Posted: Sep 9 2010, 06:48 PM

Administrator

posts edited with stuff fixed in v.14 (public alpha 1.01) and v.15.

v.14 (by Arthmoor)
-cleaning
-deleting uneeded references
-pink texture
-moved worldspace

v.15 (so far)
-door to Rihad FG
-door to Chaseguard garrison
-re-added doors to the Rihad Harbor LC section.
Mr wobblytickle
Posted: Sep 16 2010, 02:10 PM

Unregistered

Hey i just installed this mod and i look forward to getting into it but the distant landscape is purple! When i approach the distant hills that are purple they change to the correct colour but behind me the purple swallows up the distant hills i have just been past. So only parts of landscape that i am near appear correctly. I tried changing the load order on OBMM but it didn't solve the issue. is there anyway to fix this? Thanks in advance smile.gif

P.s Amazing work on creating a whole new massive landscape, shows great dedication smile.gif
Shadowbeast
Posted: Sep 16 2010, 07:56 PM

Retainer

Member No.: 7

@Mr Wobblytickle

That would be a problem with the distant landscape textures. Make sure you have about 20-30 (didn't count lol) texture files that start with the numbers "33557734" in data/textures/landscapeLOD/Generated

If not than just make sure you extract them there.
Twlbg
  Posted: Sep 19 2010, 10:02 AM

Unregistered

Wtf I downloaded 1.1 and there was half models in textures in rihad.I wrote tmm 1 then fast travel to other place but there was no heighmap!!!
Lady Nerevar
Posted: Sep 19 2010, 04:13 PM

Administrator

Make sure TR_OoT_Main.esm is FIRST and and Hammerfell.esm SECOND in your load order. Also make sure that you've installed everything in the correct location (for example, that your meshes are not accidentally in meshes/meshes/tr)

Mr.Wobbly, the load order thing should take care of your problem.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2 

Skin created by Tariq. of the IF Skin Zone.

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.3724 seconds · Archive