Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Game Squad HQ Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

LTTF, WHAT U SAY?
Andrew
Posted: May 28 2007, 07:47 PM

I am the Triforth

Group: S Rank
Member No.: 1

Currently Here.

Undergoing a rewrite.

EDIT: Restarted, officially.

Chapter 0

Continuum

Words fail me. Well, words that can even be comprehended by beings trapped in 3+1 dimensions are pretty useless for describing anything on the true cosmic scale. The very nature of reality is simply not graspable from the level, and it will forever elude attempts to pin it down. In this Universe, magic is just the property of the smaller dimensions of space time to be manipulated by external energy sources. Only someone with the will, knowledge, and innate ability to apply forces of the right kind on the Planck scale and below can actually utilize this property. I was one, as were my sisters. We have sense transcended 3-space and even matter itself. Unimaginable power, knowledge, and an infinity of eternities to live. The concept of time doesn’t even hold the same meaning for us anymore. But, fortunately for the beings of Earth, of whom a fraction have the potential to achieve what we have, we are quite benign. We are alone, but watching over the Earth has given us something to do over the last few thousand years. We have mostly concerned ourselves with a trio of beings who reincarnate perpetually, each holding within in them, and carrying with their soul through time, which originated with leaving of their plane of existence. These artifacts have give off tremendous amounts of reality bending energy, which increases the number of beings who can utilize it during the time period they are present in. An Earthly council has charged itself with insuring that the reincarnation cycle is contained, hiding the events of the clashes of super beings from the world at large on an isolated island in the middle of the North Sea. I believe that the information had resonated through history, and that games have been made based off of these events in the future.
I am called Din. This is the story of two time periods intertwined in the reality I have just described.

This is Link To The Future.

--------------------
user posted image
Smit: (said of my avatar) look into my eyes, I will eat you 6.6
Andrew
Posted: Sep 2 2008, 08:30 PM

I am the Triforth

:BUMP:

--------------------
user posted image
Andrew
Posted: Sep 4 2008, 08:04 PM

I am the Triforth

Note: a gutrah is apparently the word for King Abdullah's summer hat.

Chapter 1

Scrolls

The sun blared down through the dry air, seemly lighting the sandy Earth ablaze. Desserts just seemed hotter than other places, it seemed. There was no sign of vegetation for miles, but a one point this area had been lush, flora blossoming from every inch of the ground. That was many ages ago, though, and the land had been rendered aggressively uninhabitable by-well, it happened too long ago for anyone to remember. It was strange, therefore, that anyone would be out here-that any could come out here. But there he stood, a dark silhouette, about seven feet high, with flowing, ragged garb draped over him. He stood for a moment on a sand dune, apparently surveying the landscape before him. He had a thick red beard, and presumably a full, wild head of hair to match, but that was obscured by his gutrah. He had dark grey-greenish skin and a perpetual snarl on his face, his brow thoroughly furrowed. His irises were a kind of dark yellow.
He began to descend from the mountain of sand, and walked a few paces, then stopped suddenly. As if pulled by some unseen force, a large stone pillar shot up from the sand. It was impossibly smooth, with identical rectangular faces at right angles to another, ten feet tall and about as wide as a man. The man tapped it lightly, and it slid 50 feet forward instantly, and then dissolved into sand. The man then leapt down into a hole in the ground down a shaft created when the pillar had emerged. He landed kneeling in a dark chamber, hollowed out from rock buried it the sand. The walls had no marks or writing on them, and were as perfectly smooth as the pillar had been. It the light from the shaft was insufficient, so he snapped his fingers, and a small flame appeared above them, and then moved towards the center of his body, stopping and hovering in front of his heart six inches away. He then began to walk down the dark corridor, with the flame illuminating his way. The hall sloped slightly down, and went on for at least a mile. Finally, he reached a chamber at the end, wider than the hall and very similar to the chamber at the beginning, which was lit by magical flames on eight torches arranged in a circle around a small, four inch wide and two foot tall stone cylinder. The man walk up to the cylinder, placed his hand over it, and, without touching it, by moving his downward, pushed it into the ground. It suddenly dropped down after slowly sliding a foot. No sooner had he moved his hand away than the cylinder rapidly reemerged and shot up, pushing through the ceiling and revealing its full height to be much more than to feet. Suddenly, it stopped, having reached the surface. At about the height of the man's neck, a niche carved into the cylinder held a scroll. Scribbled on it in a very old dialect of a lost language were the words Scroll of Time Magic. The man pulled two more scrolls from out of his robe, which read as Scroll of the Reincarnation Cycle and Scroll of the Artifacts of the Oracles.

"Finally, I have them all." He said.

Eleven years prior

The rain poured down. A young boy with blond hair wearing a green tunic, carrying a baby in a bundle struggled to walk forward. His deep blue eyes were filled with tears. His leg was broken, and he was covered with blood. He collapsed, and tears flowed down his face like a rushing river. He lay there, face down in the mud. The trees along the grassy trail through the forest seem to cry for this pitiable sight.

Why? He thought. I don't understand it. How could this have happened?

Earlier that day

"There, there, sweety." A beautiful, blond woman with eyes like the ocean said to a small blond boy in a green tunic. "It will be fine now, just be more careful next time, okay?" She had finished cleaning and bandaging the scrape on his knee.

The boy wiped away his tears and replied "O-okay mom."

"Hey," said a tall, dark haired man. "listen, son, if you are going to be a brave, strong older brother, you need to learn something-men never cry, okay?" He said, and winked.

"Oh, dear, my do you tell him such silly things?" The woman asked, smiling, having come to love him all the more for such quirks.

"It's not silly, why it's the most serious, important lesson he will ever learn!" He said in an obviously feigned matter of fact manner, with a similarly ridiculous look on his face. She just laughed.

"Wah! Wah! Wah!" The baby cried loudly.

"Oh my, what now?" She said in a greatly distressed manner.

Later that day again

The boy awoke to find that he had passed out, and his brother was awake, crying. He struggled to his feet, picked his brother back up again, and hobbled forward, the baby still crying all the way.

Hurry! He thought.

Earlier

"I am afraid the news is bad." Said a large man wearing a brown vest over a dark yellowish brown tunic. "He has an illness, very serious."

"Oh know!" His mother cried "What can you do?"

"Unfortunately, nothing. I do not have the medicines to treat this fever here. There is an herb which grows in the forest, which, when mixed with other ingredients, could treat it, but I don't have the herb and I don't know the recipe. The physicians at the castle may know, however." He replied.

"I see." She said.

A little bit later

She was walking through the forest, and bent down, seeing the herb the physician had described. She plucked a handful and put it in her bag, placing it in a pocket of her flowing yellow dress. She began to walk back the way she came. Something rustled in bushes. She began to walk more quickly. More rustled. Her pace picked up. Suddenly, horrible, furry, snarling creatures leaped from the undergrowth, lunge towards her. She now ran at a fevered pace, out into the clearing. The monsters still chased her. Up ahead, their small shed appeared on the horizon, the gray masonry and straw covering the roof were unmistakable. She ran up to the green door, swung it wide open and slammed it shut behind her.

"What's wrong-" Her husband started, but was interrupted by the loud bangs against the door. "Get away from the door!"

He picked up a sword and opened the door, and fought off the monsters, but suddenly one leaped at him and slashed his shoulder and struck him in the face, knocking him unconscious to the ground. The mother and her children cowered in the corner, and the mother pushed her children behind her. One of the creatures bit her husband's throat, and she tried to attack it. The creature simply punch right through her heart, showering her elder son with her blood. He was unable to stand, paralyzed with fear on the ground. His eyes began to tear up.

Listen, son,

The beasts began to approach him

if you are going to be a brave, strong older brother, you need to learn something-

They surrounded him, growling.

men never cry.

He stood, his head hanging down. He raised his head up and shot forward, grabbed the sword with both hands, ignoring the weight, and swung it at the monsters. He managed to injure one of them, and he stopped one as it was about to attack his brother. It caught his tunic in its jaws and flung him up with a jerk. He slammed into the ceiling and landed first on his left leg, and it broke audibly. He winced, and his eyes watered, but he got back up to attack the monsters again. One of them took something from the mantle in its mouth, a cylinder, and started to walking towards the door. The others snarled at the boy, ready to finish him. The one with the cylinder, looked back at them, they stopped, and turned around. They all ran out the door, too fast to be followed.

Later that day again

He saw the castle up ahead. He might make it, he thought. He nearly collapsed, falling to one knee, then got up again, struggling on. He reached the draw bridge, which was fortunately down. He struggled to the gate, and collapsed in front of it. It opened, and a young girl about the boy's age and height stood there. She was blond, with deep blue eyes, and wearing a flowing pink dress. She asked "Who are you?"

He looked up at her, tears pouring from his eyes. "Help me!" and he lost consciousness.

--------------------
user posted image
« Next Oldest | Fan Fiction | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Register for Free

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0228 seconds · Archive